864 College St.
Toronto, ON M6H 1A3Neighborhood:
Little Italy / College St.
PortuguesePrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chiadorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4165381910
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Vilela
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chiado
Chiado and Sr. Antonio tapas wine bar are the creation of Albino Silva, one of North America's leading chefs and restaurateurs. Chiado cuisine has been praised for its bold flavours and creative presentations. The menus feature fresh fish flown daily from Portugal and Azores. Best fish restaurant in Toronto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chiado reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)fit for foodies (63)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (21)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Portuguese excellenceArthurJDined on 8/27/2014Fine food -- especially fish -- served with considerable skill by knowledgeable staff. Refined takes on many traditional dishes. Fairly expensive (mains in the $40-$50 range), but good portions of very good food make for good value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Fantastic food and highly professional service. The waiter came to us with a majestic plate full of raw fresh fish shortly upon our arrival, and recommended the specials. No need to look at the menu!Special Features:
- Enjoy good food in TorontoBongarfoDined on 8/14/2014Dining at Chiado was a fine experience. Visiting Toronto, I was looking for a nice and cozy yet elegant place, with very good food, friendly service and not that expensive. Chiado is that kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints.Kar216Dined on 8/9/2014Chiado is a wonderful restaurant, and one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto. Food quality is beyond reproach and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceBigsDined on 8/2/2014On Saturday evening my wife and I had the pleasure of dining at Chiado. We had a wonderful time..the food, the wine and the waiters were all great. I would recommend to my friends and look forward to going again. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Experience....JamesElmVIPDined on 7/31/2014Every trip to Chiado becomes an opportunity for a mini vacation...almost like an escape for the evening. From the moment you are hospitably and graciously greeting at the reception to the impeccable care and service brought to your meal, the evening is a treat! Albino and Manny continue to offer one of the few remaining true dining opportunities in the City of Toronto. Thank you for many great nights.....Special Features:
- ChiadoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first time at Chiado and the evening was perfect, the food and service was over the top. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Good Fish eatingluv2eatfishDined on 7/26/2014For those of you who love to eat a whole fresh grilled fish, with head, this is the place to go. It can also be deboned at your table if you wish!Special Features:
- Good SeafoodNoriDined on 7/19/2014I have been there a couple of times and always satisfied. Sardine and and risotto were perfect taste. I recommend for the people who are looking for fresh seafood.Special Features:
- Great find for seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014There are not many places in Toronto that have ample seafood choices. This is a place that has amazing seafood selections. We were a big group of 9 people who attended for Summerlicious, 2 people out of our group ordered off of the regular menu and it was good to see that the quality on the Summerlicious menu was just as good as the regular menu. I would recommend this place for a special occasion or if you really feel like seafood done right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't like itWWWWDined on 7/19/2014I just don't like the food in Chiado...don't know why...no surprise at all
- Exquisite Seafood in TorontosmytanthDined on 7/18/2014I have visited Chiado two or three times over a 15-20 year period. It is renowned for its excellent seafood, and it remains one of if not the best seafood restaurant in Toronto. The fish is always perfectly cooked and paired with interesting and very tasty vegetables. The wine list, largely but not exclusively Portuguese, gives the customer a wide range of choices at reasonable prices, with many available by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairly goodRecommendDined on 7/15/2014the fish there is fresh. my appetizer, grilled squid was a bit over cooked but overall the meal was very nice.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014The title says it all. We have eaten at Chiado a number of times, and there is always great food and exemplary service. Their seafood is particularly outstanding. It is our favourite higher end restaurant in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RinrinDined on 7/15/2014came here for summerlicious, food was good, service was ok, however nothing really special
- Good food, below-average expFromthegutDined on 7/14/2014Waiter seemed knowledgeable and nice, but the pace was out of wack. Appetizers came in before we were even done with the aperitives, wine came after that. Immediately after came the mains. Basically had to chug a bottle of wine as they were closing for the night. All in all, food was great but we didn't appreciate being fast tracked though the dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableJulesDined on 7/14/2014This is our third visit to Chaido and it's always been lovely. Had the Summerlicious menu and the skate wing was fabulous. Service is always professional and efficient. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- 1st encounter w/Portuguese cuisineEbelleeDined on 7/13/2014Staff were all very friendly.Food was amazing & presentation was excellent. Will be Back!Special Features:
- Sumptuous SummerliciousIskieDined on 7/13/2014Really enjoyed the meal and the impeccable service. The goat cheese brulee was sumptuous.Special Features:
- Mediocre summerlicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Soup was watered down, fish was cold only highlight was the dessert because it looked niceSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant!llovegoodfoodDined on 7/13/2014I found this restaurant on the Summerlicious list of restaurants and it was a terrific find! The food was beautifully prepared, tasted delicious and lovely to look at. They cooked their seafood perfectly and the amounts were just right. The service was attentive and the ambiance was lovely, it was a special lunch and it felt like an occasion which is how it should be. I have already recommended this place to many of my friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Toronto's finestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014Chiado is without question one of Toronto's finest restaurants. Much less well known than some of the expensive restaurants downtown, it never fails to impress when we go. We always choose from the selection of daily fresh fish and its always well prepapred and presented. Not cheap, but a real treat for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good Portuguese foodTamchiakDined on 7/12/2014Good food, fresh, well portion, delicious, back to basic down to earth solid classic cooking. No need funny ingredients to spice up the dish unnecessary. Mature professional server n host. Decor can be improved a little by re positioning some of the square tables. Really great Portuguese culinary cooking! Will bring my clients here. For people who knows good tasty food and not trends. Will order again the grilled squid, nicely chared n not rubbery. The sardines was just as good as the ones we had in Capri, the sea bream was simply fresh, nicely pan seared, not over cook. The bisque is full of depth n flavour. Well done chef!Special Features:
- Super-lisious! Summerlicious!Tati1101Dined on 7/12/2014It was our first time in this lovely Portuguese restaurant in the heart of Toronto Little Portugal. At the entrance we were greeted by a highly presentable Maitre D', maybe even the Owner of the restaurant. Summerlicious menu was exclusive with a superb variety of seafood! I tried a skate fish (sting-ring!) steak and was very impressed. Everything was super fresh! Staff was clean, neat, knowledgeable with nice manners and sense of humour! It was an upscale brunch, but it was worth it! Thank you and we will be back for one of our romantic occasions!Special Features:
- Pretentious and overpriced!!!EurofoodyDined on 7/11/2014Very, very unfriendly. No one came out to greet us when we arrived. My lobster risotto for $45 was ice cold and tasteless. This risotto reminded me of slightly salty rice pudding from a cheap supermarket. The lobster meat was very rubbery and had an awful taste. I was there with my clients and did not want to make a scene, but I will never go back there. We paid our bill, left a proper tip, but again, no "thank you", no "how was your meal", no "goodby" I guess they should go to McDonald's school of charm to learn all this. I felt very bad for my clients who had to go along with this disgusting treatment. Unhappy
- Great food, serviceTorontoGrandmaDined on 7/11/2014Friendly, prompt service. Great fish, of course, and nice presentation. Vegetables could have a bit more attention paid to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go backKristaDined on 7/11/2014I wasn't expecting much from this dining experience since it was part of the Summerlicious program. I have never eaten at a restaurant during this event because of the fear of being treated poorly (and seen as cheep by the servers). So we, two women, had a good meal and a good enough time to come back another time and pay the prices for a great dinner and great service. We had the set menus, two glasses of wine and two espressos with dessert. We were there to try the menu and we did-which is the point of Summerlicious. So, saying all this, our meals were delicious, the servers polite (neutral to us as guests) and we were whisked very efficiently in and out in just over an hour. The maitre d' was charming and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food Bad serviceTonyDined on 7/11/2014We had dinner of the summerlicious event there. Waited for more than an hour between the first and second course...Maybe this is you get what you paid for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not blown awayChrisDined on 7/11/2014Ambience and service were very good, but I wasn't blown away by the menu or the presentation of the food. The sardine appetizer was lovely but the squid seemed a bit overcooked. The fish main was very nice but presented with mashed potatoes and two slivers of parsnip and one sliver of squash. An all-white plate. The plate could really have used some green vegetables for colour and for balance. Dessert was tiny, but enough after a substantial meal...sweet, but nothing much else to recommend it. I found it interesting that they had an almost completely different menu for Summerlicious from their regular menu. The wine list is wonderful but nothing under $50, which would be fine if the food deserved it.Special Features:
- ChiadoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. I would recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemfinderDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful ambience. Busy but not rushed. Intimate feeling. Varied menu with many items I would not make at home. We loved it and will go again and again.Special Features:
- a flash back in Europe!aurelieDined on 7/8/2014Nice restaurant with an ambiance which reminds old european restaurants. The service is really good, the food is classic but very good quality ingredients. I love the wine list with a lot of wines from Portugal. Good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience overall!KathyDined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent, the only reason I gave four stars was because three of us ordered the exact same dessert, but mine was significantly smaller! Portions should have a standard size, in my opinion. Initially, our server seemed annoyed at having to repeat things to us, but I think it was his sense of humour and he lightened up later and was fun. Lovely atmosphere! I would definitely return and recommend!Special Features:
- Great food!Ant66Dined on 7/6/2014The food was fresh and well prepared. The hosts were very friendly and paid attention to detail. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousnekoDined on 7/6/2014Have been to Chiado during summerlicous. winterlicious and otherwise. The food has always been of a consistently high quality with beautiful presentation as well as a satisfying portion. The staff are well informed as to their menu and are attentive without being overbearing. The seafood was cooked perfectly - I had the sardines and the sea bream as my entree. My 4 other friends were also very satisfied with their respective choices and we have already recommended Chiado to a couple of other friends to try.Special Features:
- kammohDined on 7/5/2014It was a really good experience. The fish was done very well. The only thing that i felt was a little rush but that maybe we were there very late.Special Features:
- Great Summerlcious meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014This was probably one of the best Summerlicious meals I have ever had. My only complaint is we were seating in an adjoining area to the main restaurant5. Seemed to be for banquets or larger groups and was missing some of the intimacy of the main dinning area. Other than that , the food was great, portion size was excellent. Desert was on the smallish side but when taking with first and second course was the perfect size.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Fantastic experience as usual. So glad I found this restaurant. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great foodPearlDined on 7/4/20141st time to this restaurant during summerlicious ..good food and service great.... Like the chicken that I ordered.. Tender and juicy ....certainly will come back next time !!!Special Features:
- Great LunchTilleyDined on 7/4/2014The food at Chiado was great,choices interesting,everything was flavorful and portions just right. The service was friendly and professional. Tables are a little close together(and we had a loud talker beside us) but otherwise the decor is really nice. Superb Lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.