Chi Dining Lounge
103 Post Avenue
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Chi Dining Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chidininglounge.com/
- Phone: 5163853795
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Iadevia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: Our brand new catering menu offers and mixture of our top dished, as well as Italian favorites.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether hosting an event on the main level or celebrating in out private dining room on the second level, our newly remodeled space provides the perfect setting for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Cimorelli/Jason Della R 5163853795
- Entertainment: Wednesday - Saturday DJ plays from 11:00pm - 4:00am.
A word from Chi Dining Lounge
"Chi is the Chinese word for energy and the Westbury restaurant pulses with life and the food is just as vibrant... The fare is an eclectic assembly of Asian hits, Italian favorites, steaks and chops that are often labeled new American. A true dining experience" By Joanne Starkey, The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chi Dining Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Luke was the BEST server ever!MidtowngirlVIPDined on 8/20/2013Luke was the BEST server ever! Will definitely go back:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the music that began afterbroxDined on 8/10/2013the music that began after dinner about 8 was unpleasant and loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite placeRBSB1VIPDined on 7/27/2013We went to Chi Lounge for the first time. We totally loved everything about the place. The food is to die for. We didn't have one thing we didn't love. The portions are very large as were the appetizers. We ordered too much and ended up taking a lot of it home. The ambience was great. There is an outside dining Area. It almost looks like you are away. A beautiful fountain all lit up is in the background. They have lounging areas with comfortable seating to have a drink and talk in a casual way with friends. There is a bar outside and inside, a dJay spinning music. A small dance floor and a bar scene after 10pm ish. Loved Luke our waiter. He served to please. Awesome place. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where do I begin?JenniferDVIPDined on 7/20/2013The $13 drinks were weak (I had to send the first one back), the tuna sushi roll was fishy, and the chicken I asked to be added to my salad was insulting...the smallest, thinnest pieces of grilled chicken I have ever seen! The salmon fillet entrée was also a bit small for $30 bucks. Finally, I asked for more focaccia bread and they came back one piece cut in half. For a $130 dinner for two I really expected more.
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/11/2013It turned out to be a fantastic place with great service and even better food. We will definitely be returning and also recommending it to all of our friends. I would rate Chi a quality 5 star restaurant and lounge. We will surely be going back and are also planning on having our special occasions there.Special Features:
- Just Bland.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013All I have to say is that the main courses was nothing more than bland. The service was great, but the cooking crew needs to step up their game.
- Wanted to leave almost immediatelyD1va1109Dined on 6/21/2013The neighborhood wasnt great,no parking,had to park up street or downdark block in front of people's houses.No one greeted us,stoodthere for 10 minutes. A man noticed us I said we had a res & he goes grab a drink at the bar first.There were two girls talking for about 5 min until they paid any attention to us. A girl next to me stepped away & a guy went through her purse. The host came over never checked us in to open table so the next day they thought I didn't show up. They put crackers on the table to snack on. Ordered surf & turf & when it came out it wasn't filet mignon it was like a piece of meat they shaped into a fillet, was gritty.Food was bad,would never come back here or suggestittosomeone.Terrible area to be in,bad service.Special Features:
- Music is very loud and poundingBrocVIPDined on 5/2/2013Music is very loud and pounding food good. Appetizer portions loud entrees small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted!DianaDined on 5/2/2013I found Chi Dining Lounge lovely. Food was superb and atmosphere comfortable for dining. I probably won't be there late in evening for bar scene. I will definitely return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT night out for the girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/1/2013this place was one that i had always drove by but never had a chance to try it out. coming here with a few girl friends was beyond what i had intended; a low key night turned to one we would never forget. the food here is really great, spin on some american classics that kick the flavors up a notch. really a nice place to go with great ambiance. Definitely coming back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2013Went here for restaurant week and loved it! It's a very cool space and the food was excellent. Recommend the Kung Pao calamari as an app and the Shrimp risotto for dinner. Kobe beef sliders were nothing special, could have dressed it up a bit. Don't waste your money on it with other great apps on the menu. Desserts were amazing (don't miss out on the chocolate souffle and wonton-wrapped banana cheesecake!!). 3-star rating on service because our waiter was definitely new. Was a bit confused the whole night, kept bringing our food to other tables, brought me a wine carafe but took away my glass, forgot to give my credit card back, etc... but he'll get better with time! A really great place. Worth giving it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekAlombaDined on 4/29/2013Came here for restaurant week and I was very impressed. The indoor dining area is very cozy and the food was excellent. Wish I could have seen the outdoor dining area, but there was a party out there. Looked great from the glimpses I got from the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After we were seated a waitressChickieDined on 4/26/2013After we were seated a waitress came over dropped the menus down, did not even introduce herself or ask if we would like a cocktail. She walked away only to come back later and give us water, again no introduction. Then she never came back to take our order. We grabbed a waiter and he took care of us. He was pleasant and attentive. The food was good and the bar scene was energetic.Special Features:
- Atmosphere good. Food. Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Atmosphere was good but the food wasn't so good. Not what I expected.Special Features:
- We were returning customers.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We were returning customers. Had a first date with my soon to be new bride at this location. Although the host was trying to be accommodating the noise level was immense. I had to ask the host to repeat himself a few times. Looking for a nice repeat evening, even sitting next to each other, we couldn't hear anything we said. With our two previous evenings, I would have to say this was the worst. I had to leave before we even ordered a drink. Sorry, at this point, I would not recommend this restaurant for a dining experience, maybe for a "dive bar" but not anything more. I do not usually review any restaurants, because as a traveling worker, I frequent many establishments on a weekly basis.
- Unique Dining Treasure in WestburyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013First visit was an anniversary celebration - the menu was uniquely interesting, and the food was delicious, memorable and reasonably priced; the place was quiet because we dined early and it was a Monday. Second visit, I invited friends for girls Saturday "night out" and the food was as good -- if not better. We also enjoyed the service, and were able to chat at length without feeling rushed, despite the busy night. Unfortunately for us, it was time to leave just as the DJ music ramped up, that's when we discovered the very chic outdoor eating/drinking area. The place has an elegant/hip vibe and is suitable for young and old alike, but dine early if you like a more subdued, romantic atmosphere. We will be going back for sure!Special Features:
- the food was good, howeverdeedaVIPDined on 4/11/2013the food was good, however the noise level was terrible. When speninding 100 a person for dinner I didn't expect to have to yell over a women singer to speak with my friends. We asked our waitress to see if the volumne could be turned down but she just laughed.
- The menu online was not theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/28/2013The menu online was not the same as the menu in the restaurant (online indicated pizzas, no pizza on menu in restaurant). Music was very loud so you couldn't have a conversation in the restaurant. Need a divider or start music later. Decor is loungy - not my taste. Server was over-attentive, frequently interrupting us. With an expensive menu, place should be classier.
- A cross between "SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013A cross between "Saturday Night Fever" and "The Godfather"
- Our dinner was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2013Our dinner was exceptional , except for one minor thing, there was sand in my clams.The waiter gave us a free coffe and tea, but We felt we really shouldn't of been charged for the appetizer. I know these things happen sometimes, but it's the attention to detail and making the customer happy that makes a costomer want to return. All the dishes coming out of the kitchen looked great,the service and atomosphere were really nice.Special Features:
- We had a great meal and greatluvtodineVIPDined on 3/8/2013We had a great meal and great service, We will be backSpecial Features:
- Music to load, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Music to load, especially we went at dinner time 7pm our table was over a heat vent. It was so hot that we asked management to lower it. we had to move to another table during our meal which was very disruptive. Also they did not have enough waiters/servers so service was not good especially as it got busier.
- Great service. Food was delicious.monkalina42Dined on 2/25/2013Great service. Food was delicious. Energetic and funky music. We had fun and look forward to going back to try other menu items soon.Special Features:
- Good food in a clubby atmosphere.citygirlVIPDined on 2/4/2013Good food in a clubby atmosphere. off the beaten path but worth trying.Special Features:
- Near perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Chi is hip. Far more hip than one would expect in westbury. Had a great night with two other couples. Drinks rocked. Everyone enjoyed their food except one disappointment. The marinated skirt steak was barely marinated and really lacking in flavor. At their prices this is a big don't. The mashed potatoes almost made up for it but my protein eating boyfriend was really bummed. They need to revamp their recipe to include FLAVOR or come on Chef, marinade means to let it soak! I would recommend the 24 hour tuna appetizer and my vegetarian friend thoroughly enjoyed te spring rolls as well as the gnocchi. Aside from the "marinated" steak mishap chi is worth the cash for a fun night with friends or a hot date for two.Special Features:
- Room for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The food was delicious. Had lamb chops for dinner and they were terrific. They were accompanied by mashed potatoes and asparagus. It seems like the potatoes were sitting on the plate for a while before the meat was added which left them cold by the time it was served. We had the tuna bites as an appetizer and they were delicious but also on the cold side. The place was freezing cold and the music was unnecessarily loud. The four ladies at the table next to us kept their scarves on due to the cold. Three of them ended up sitting with their food in front of them while they waited for the fourth plate to be served. At this price point, service should be impeccable.
- This was the first time IjparteachDined on 1/19/2013This was the first time I was at Chi for dinner. I was there previously for happy hour and enjoyed the food more. There is an extensive list of appetizers, which are all excellent. For happy hour we feasted on them. I only wish the dinner menu offered the same variety of offerings. I had the tuna, which was cooked rare like I like it but the port reduction was unnecessarily salty, overwhelming the dish. My husband had the skirt steak, again well done but not anything amazing for the price. My recommendation is definitely go for the appetizers and make that your meal.Special Features:
- Staff friendly they have largequeenlambVIPDined on 1/5/2013Staff friendly they have large selection little bit of everything on menu food and service ok would try it againSpecial Features:
- the food was amazing! serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012the food was amazing! service was awful, but the owner said they were short staffed and it was new years eve. we would definitely go back based on how great the food was!Special Features:
- What a blast I had for myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012What a blast I had for my 34th birthday! All my guests loved it here. The chef actually came out in person to wish me Happy Birthday and gave us complimentary pizza and cheesy bread. The wait staff was friendly, the drinks were awesome. Everyone loved their food. The DJ played current music and even throw backs. The music wasn't too loud and we still could hold a conversation with each other. The dining area had plush seats and looked real classy. It was like having a party in my dining room with great friends. Would highly recommend. The bill was $270.00 for 9 people and we all had multiple drinks and food. Can't beat that!Special Features:
- Never really got a chancemikesDined on 12/29/2012Never really got a chance to eat here. There was a private surprise party in the bar. The noise level was so loud -waited 15 minute at the entrance and no one greeted us. I had to do to look for someone to seat us. And after that no waiter came back to even give us menus - so after 10 minutes we left. I want to be fair. I never got to eat the food, and I am being forced to put in a food rating so I chose middle ground.
- We were pleasantly suprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/22/2012We were pleasantly suprised by the excellent food, service and ambience at Chi. It was a really nice dining experience.Special Features:
- One of the Best!DebsfoodVIPDined on 12/21/2012CHI will wow you with their food and service. We walked in to the bar/lounge area w/ sofas & chairs, curtained off from the dining area. It was early & quiet. All the tables in the eating area were comfortable and cozy, with large tables set for four, each surrounded by plush chairs or sofas. The section by the windows is where you can seat a large party. Our drink order was taken immediately, the bar is top of the line. For dinner, you can choose small plates: a raw bar, sushi, spring rolls or empanadas. The "All Night Tuna," was fantastic, as are the brick oven pizzas. The Shrimp & Scallop Risotto w/ Saffron Cream Sauce turned out perfect. The saffron sauce was the most delicious I have ever eaten. See more & photos at www.debsfood.com.Special Features:
- I dined with my sister, twoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012I dined with my sister, two nieces and very close friend for a Holiday Celebration - my nieces nor friend had ever visited and they were very complimentary on my choice of restaurants. My sister and I visited on her birthday last year and we were convinced that this would be our new restaurant to bring friends and family over and over again. The atmosphere during our dinner was as if we were the only ones in the restaurant with our own private server. The food was by far excellent and the choices wonderful. The special of the evening which some of us enjoyed were outstanding.Special Features:
- This place is amazing. I boughtNikkiDined on 12/1/2012This place is amazing. I bought a travelzoo deal for this restaurant and the menu is more of a fusion type food. The chilean sea bass skewers were amazing as an appetizer as well as the chi roll. The food is amazing, delicious and didnt take long at all to come out. The drinks were awesome, ultimate jolly rancher and blow pop, delicious. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- We'll definitely go back to ChiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2012We went to Chi to celebrate my sister and her husband's wedding anniversary on Nov 26th. The food was excellent. The portions were generous and the enviornment was intimate. The Chilean Sea Bass melted in your mouth (the appetizer and the entree). No one had anything negative to say about their selections for the night. We weren't rushed yet the service flowed. We sat after the meals were completed and chatted with no ugly stares. It was a Monday night so there were few other patrons... We will definitely go back to Chi.Special Features:
- Love Chi!Dulcebella816Dined on 11/16/2012I went to Chi for Long Island Restaurant Week. The pre-fixe menu selection was great and so was the drinks. The bar was hopping, a little noisy but it wasn't too bad. I would definitely go back to Chi. They also have a private party room upstairs!Special Features:
- The music was too loud soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2012The music was too loud so you had to shout to converse. Also, the portion size was very small and left me hungry when I got home.Special Features:
- Food was good but serviceuspoericDined on 11/16/2012Food was good but service was the worst I've experienced. I would never return and I would not recommend it to anyoneI would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried the offerings forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012We tried the offerings for restaurant week and were blown away. The chef has a wonderful hand. The best calamari I have ever had - not overdone and fabulously prepared My husband really enjoyed the tuna tower as well. The entrees were excellent as were the desserts. Great experience.Special Features: