5406 Balcones Dr.
Austin, TX 78731Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezzee.com/
- Phone: (512) 454-2666
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11am-10pm. Friday: 11am-midnight. Saturday: 9am-midnight. Sunday: 9am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larkin Louro-Tully
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In house private functions for parties of up to 250.
- Entertainment: Pop Piano and Jazz Standards Monday, Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday mornings.
- Special Events: Chez Zee is THE spot in Austin to celebrate the special moments in people's lives. From New Year's to Christmas, Bar Mitzvahs and weddings to birthdays, come celebrate with us!
A word from Chez Zee
Chez Zee combines a Parisian-style bakery with a casual American-style bistro and offers guests award winning dessert selections. We have an ever-expanding lunch, dinner, and brunch menu, a full bar, as well as a private banquet party room to celebrate special occasions. All desserts are made on-site in our award winning bakery and all entrees are made to order with the best and local ingredients around. We're saving a chair for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chez Zee - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Chez Zee reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (144)neighborhood gem (135)special occasion (103)fit for foodies (99)good for groups (83)great for lunch (76)romantic (62)kid-friendly (46)hot spot (25)late-night find (22)great for outdoor dining (22)notable wine list (9)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great food, beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I recently met some friends here for brunch - everything was delicious! We have been coming here since the mid 80's and love that they keep updating the menu and decor at the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRIDAL brunch, NOTUnhappy76Dined on 11/21/2014I booked this venue for bridal brunch for my niece's bridal party. I am from North Carolina and did not know that brunch was only available on weekends. In fact, my comments were that it was a bridal brunch. Was very disappointed to find out that it was not available. Lunch was fine but everyone was told via invitations we would have brunch. I booked it because 4 of the girls suggestions that live in Austin and eaten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I made a reservation and requested a quiet table to celebrate my anniversary. They gave us a quiet corner table, and when we arrived there was a sign that said, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on the table. The service was great, and lots of choices for food and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and outstanding service!luv2sampledishesDined on 11/15/2014Festive and fun restaurant with outstanding food! The owner is always there, and she attends lovingly to every detail of the food and service. The chef came up with dishes that satisfied our vegan friends. The menu is extensive. There's something for everyone at Chez Zee! And the croissants are warm and especially delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food and atmosphere.PDiddy14Dined on 11/13/2014Our waitress greeted us with outstanding recommendations along with insight into their other offerings. Crab cakes are delicious as an appetizer for dinner. Grest brunch with 3 types of mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantuhhhhVIPDined on 11/10/2014Excellent restaurant. Great food and desserts. Recommended.Special Features:
- Weekday dinner out.Georgetown73Dined on 11/6/2014Had another lovely evening here with good and service here. The restaurant was busy on a weeknight with the bar being full, families dining together. We were headed to a nearby meeting and this was a convenient location to dine. Service was good and the check appeared promptly which we appreciated. Couldn't resist taking home our scrumptious desserts for later. I also appreciate the gluten free menu and the extra care this involves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong spotslumpy8ballDined on 11/4/2014It was a slow night I reserved for a two top and got a four top instead rather not look at two other empty chairs while eating. when I got there, not sure what section I was in bit I felt that the tables were a little to close to one another. I'm am an expo for Trudy's so I know this industry very well. Can't wait to come back just want two top!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PurpleflowerDined on 11/4/2014I have always enjoyed dining at Chez Zee, a great little place tucked away in NW Austin, a place to enjoy good food with good Friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy familyCaseyinTXDined on 11/2/2014We were pleasantly surprised to have a magician visit our table. Our kids thought it was so cool. Reservations always recommended here!Special Features:
- Perfect celebration brunch!CookieFabDined on 11/2/2014Perfect celebration brunch spot! Delicious food and fancy brunch cocktails, servers were Southern-charming and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKleeDined on 11/1/2014Everything was lovely at Chez Zee. I especially liked the menu--familiar dishes with a delightful twist. Our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I had a great time at Chez Zee for our anniversary. I had reserved ahead of time and they decorated the table with ribbon and a "Happy Anniversary!" printed flier. The food: excellent. The dessert menu is out of this world! So if you like dessert you really need to visit this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as alwaysFoodFanDined on 10/30/2014Lunch was really great. The corn shrimp bisque is always a favorite. The Southwestern chicken salad was fantastic (another favorite). And the goat cheese salad, which my friend had, looked yummy too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BRUNCH!!Austintxgirl78613Dined on 10/26/2014We had the nicest brunch, great server, piano player playing. Just a perfect meal. Looking forward to coming back again. Make reservations, you'll be happy you did. Plus valet!! Very easy even though they were packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealdogusDined on 10/25/2014Great meal and service. Went out with two young kids and five adults and had really enjoyable group dinner. Love Chez Zee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glory days are overLostloveDined on 10/25/2014Sorry Chez Zee, but we were disappointed. Big fans in the past, but what happened? Can't speak to the kids' pancakes, but my eggs benedict was fair at best and my husband was definitely disappointed in the steak part of the Steak & Eggs. In the future, we'll stick to Kerbey Lane or Magnolia - they may not have the ambiance, but their food is at least a step up from what we experienced and at prices we can afford.Special Features:
- Nice weekend nightLatenightDined on 10/24/2014We went for a late night dinner. The food was great. Fried pickles were hot and crispy. Our usual server wasn't there and that was a bummer. The two servers seemed to be helping each other out but they seemed both frenzied and too busy to actually talk. They seemed like they were having issues handling the tables. We went around 1030 and there about 8 tables full. My portabella playmte was tasty and my friends steak was good. The service while not horrible was the only thing that was lackingSpecial Features:
- Waiter was terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014This was our 2nd visit to this restaurant. I had made a reservation as it was Friday evening. There was a line of cars pulling in off the street when we arrived. We got lucky and got a parking space immediately. We were setted immediately also. My smoked rib eye should of been cooked a little longer. My baked potato could of been cooked a little longer also. The red wine pear pie with ice cream was to die for. Excellent. My wife had the Butterscotch pie, also very good. Our waiter Greg was excellent. He knows what he's doing and enjoys it. Aside from my food not being cooked to my liking, it was an excellent experience. I'm sure we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In A PinchKwilDined on 10/19/2014This place is close by, so we occasionally come here. It usually lives down to our low expectations. Screaming noisy, mediocre food, wait staff struggling to keep up with too many tables. Better for late lunch or mid-week, when the noise level is less horrific. Our party of four coped with Sunday brunch - bad migas, cold pancakes (waffles had been ordered), pretty good hamburger, dry sandwich, bitter iced tea. Of course, it's in the neighborhood, so after we recover from this experience we will be back. I so want to like this place. Maybe next time.
- Always a treat at Chez ZeebloflinDined on 10/19/2014We love brunch on Sunday's at Chez Zee, and great for special occasions, too. Food is excellent and service and servers are superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceHangryManDined on 10/18/2014The food is almost good enough to get it up to 4 stars but my main gripe on service (or lack thereof) drives the 3-star rating. We made reservations for a party of 6 for lunch on Saturday and were seated promptly but unfortunately that was the highlight of the service. Our waitress was nice enough but I just think she was overwhelmed with the amount of tables she was covering. Everything took sooo long from our initial drink orders to eventually getting the check. In fact, one of the members of our party had to flag down a waiter from another table to ask for our check since we were just sitting waiting and waiting for our checks when we were all clearly done eating. Food is good, but don't go here unless you have lots of time.Special Features:
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was such a great place to eat. The service was fantastic and the food was even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Food and service was great! There was a large variety of gluten free items on the menu which was appreciated by my guests. The staff and restaurant was very accommodating to our requests. Our family has had many special occasions there over the years and Chez Zee helped to create wonderful memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeHarveyDined on 10/12/2014Our family has gone to Chez Zee several times and it never disappointed us in any way. Definitely will come to Chez Zee again in the future.Special Features:
- Love the atmospherefoodieDined on 10/5/2014The service and atmosphere is great, the food is unique and tasty and they have a full bar. There is a piano in the entrance area and they have a piano man playing on occasion.Special Features:
- Too noisyJava1002Dined on 10/5/2014We went for Sunday brunch and enjoyed the delicious food, but the atmosphere was hectic and loud. In addition to all the loud voices screaming at each other, they had a piano player who didn't know the meaning of soft, making it even more difficult to hear. A great improvement would be to have soft music such as jazz or something less bombastic. I would return but only during an off hour. Be warned also that the brunch is extremely popular so reservations are a must. We had to wait 30 minutes past our reservation time to be seated.Special Features:
- Great for a Celebration!BDaybrunchDined on 10/4/2014Our family has met at Chez Zee for the last 2 years to celebrate my Longhorn daughter's birthday! We love the food and the festive atmosphere!! It is so nice to make a reservation, and when you tell them it is a special occasion, they really add some special touches!Special Features:
- Disappointed!FoodieDined on 10/3/2014Lovely setting. While our waiter was working hard, it was over an hour before our main course was served. Jambalaya had NO chicken, shrimp or sausage in it - thin broth! Sent it back. When the food came, it was good, but this was our second less-than-satisfactory experience at ZTejas. Love the location, but will probably not go back for brunch.
- Ready for a changeFrenchie2Dined on 10/2/2014Because it's not far for me, I have been to Chez Zee many times in the 12 years I've lived in Austin. I find that the menu never changes much. Most of the time, I am disappointed by what I eat here, even though I am not a picky eater. However, I can say that the bread is good! Drinks are OK, and the service is excellent. I have never had an indifferent server. That makes up for the inadequacy of the menu.Special Features:
- Gluten free friendlyOperaticDined on 10/2/2014Chez Zee makes a real effort to greet diners in a friendly way, and to cater for special diets. The good tastes great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch Hot SpotQuentinDined on 9/28/2014Chez Zee is a great all around place to go! Dine, Drink, Celebrate - all. However - If you choose to have Sunday Brunch - ENSURE you make reservations! Take a sweater, AC gets going very good! Be patient. Be understanding. Valet parking is the best I've ever encountered!Special Features:
- Good BrunchChucklesDined on 9/28/2014The noise level is very high in the main dining area, but the atmosphere is festive. In general, the menu selections are good, however the shrimp and grits were very mundane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky Austin vibeMamaDDined on 9/28/2014The decor is fun. Bloody Mary's were great as were the eggs Benedict. The crab was superb. If nothing else, go for the complimentary croissants that are as light as a feather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!striderDined on 9/27/2014Four of us were celebrating a couple of birthdays, and enjoyed the restaurant very much. Place settings for the birthdays (not gaudy) and excellent service. Nice piano/keyboard in the background. Meals were very good, with some interesting choices and some good wine selections. Overall a very enjoyable meal in a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysPrePinkDined on 9/27/2014I have enjoyed Chez Zee for many years and this visit was no exception. Among our group of 4 we had the trout, pasta with shrimp, pork tenderloin and soup and salad. Everyone spoke highly of their own choice. Although we didn't have desert on this visit, it was hard to turn down because the deserts are exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and funOperaticDined on 9/25/2014Halloween decor, gluten free food that tastes good, great service, warm welcome. Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!Grandma5Dined on 9/25/2014Love this place! They have great food, the best service and love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for lunch toodinerfromdsDined on 9/24/2014Chez Zee, always a trusted place for dinner, is great for lunch too as I discovered recently. The lunch menu is large and varied so if you're dining with a finicky eater or a guest whose dietary requirements you're unfamiliar with, Chez Zee accommodates everyone on the "foodie" spectrum. All this and the restaurant takes lunch reservations too so you can dine on schedule! Our finicky eater and the rest of us thoroughly enjoyed our luncheon experience.Special Features:
- Extra (s)mileZiggyZagatDined on 9/23/2014We've loved Chez Zee as a go-to joint for brunch, late nite grub, & special occasions for years: festive, romantic atmosphere, great menu, NOT A CHAIN, amazing vibe & desserts. Former law school classmate in town celebrating wedding anniversary -- my fam booked the table online for Chez Zee and everyone wonderfully surprised & delighted by all the special touches for the celebration on very short notice. The couple was really touched & so was our family to host at Chez Zee -- service, dinner, dessert & company all were fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.