Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
533 W. New England Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezvincent.com/
- Phone: 4075992929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Gagliano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Cellar can seat up to 30 guests. Hannibal"s On The Square also available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Gagliano 4075992929
A word from Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
Located in the artsy area of Hannibal Square in Downtown Winter Park. Enjoy French food in a casual elegant atmosphere for lunch or dinner.Daily fares of Filet Migon, Grouper Provencale & traditional prepared Escargot. Fabulous private wine Cellar for parties up to 30. Perfect for corporate dinners, birthday celebrations or a lunch gathering. Meet your friends for a cocktail before at our beautiful piano lounge Hannibal"s on The Square. Live music Wednesday to Saturday evenings. ****Please let us know in your reservation request if you would like to sit in the Chez Vincent dining room or in Hannibal's lounge dining room****Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (8)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always enjoyableJudiVIPDined on 8/27/2014I took an 82 year old friend to lunch for her birthday. The food was excellent and the environment allowed for a pleasant conversation.Special Features:
- Tres Bon!DecoratorDottieDined on 8/27/2014Went to our favorite French Restaurant in Winter Park for lunch. The Trout and the Chicken Crepe were wonderful as always. The sauces on both were supurb! Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite French Restaurant in OrlLovegoingouttodinnerDined on 8/14/2014Everything was excellent, food, customer service, ambience, noise. The Chef stopped by our table and asked how everything was; he was really friendly made us feel like home. I’ll highly recommend this place to family and friends and would definitively come back something soon. Gratin potatoes a must!! If you are a cheese lover like I am, you would love this side dish – You wouldn’t stop eating think it like a cheese fondue + potatoes. Nom nomSpecial Features:
- Great ambianceCanardlyDined on 8/2/2014This review is for Hannibal's which has a wonderful bar and decor. It's open and airy but still has an intimate cozy feel. The food was good, my wife had the venison which was perfectly prepared but the sides were not as advertised, came with rice and some veggies it was supposed to be mashed potatoes. The house salad was flat and pretty unexciting, my scallops were prepared perfectly but again the sides were a little different than advertised. Excellent wine list, good bar selection, wait staff was good although the service times were lengthly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winter park outingmormonDined on 8/1/2014Nicely decorated, good live music, good drinks and appetizers, but that is it. Do not waste your time or money having dinner at Hannibal bar side of the restaurant. The main entre's were disappointing. Ordered six entre's, all six were disappointing. The service is also slow.
- Amazing Dinning ExperiencefoodgirlDined on 7/25/2014I have lived in Winter Park for over 25 years and I have never been to Chez Vincent before now...oh my gosh we will now always go there...it was amazing. Everything was perfect, and we celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at this wonderful place. I cannot say enough about the food, wine, service and atmosphere...just excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemmysterygalDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, excellent service, and tasty food at Hannibal's while celebrating a family birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for nice dinner outAshleyDined on 7/15/2014Chez Vincent makes you feel like you are celebrating a special event even if you are not. The ambience is very classy and romantic. Hannibal's on the Square has a fun artsy ambiance with comfy chairs, fun decor and live music on the weekends. Both have amazing food and service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend, in fact I already did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful food...francegirlVIPDined on 6/30/2014...at Chez Vincent. The cuisine is excellent, the service as well. To say nothing about the ambiance, which is lovely and elegant. All in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- French cuisine distant cousinUnderwhelmedDined on 6/28/2014Went to celebrate our 35th anniversary. The food was salty. The vegetables were dried out, almost like it sat under a heat lamp too long. Our waiter was new and not very knowledgeable about the menu....He was friendly enough. We opted to go somewhere else for desert and coffee. We had been considering this location for a while, since we dine quite a bit in the Park Avenue corridor. Not a fan!!
- the perfect eveningwJR3VIPDined on 6/7/2014Had a few friends in from out of town and they can't wait to come back to the restaurant with or without usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodMommaLionDined on 6/2/2014We loved both the food and service - very knowledgeable about the wines and helped us make great selections. The souffle was to die for and a real hit with all 6 of us! They also make great cocktails in the bar at Hannibals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER EXPERIENCEhollymayDined on 5/23/2014WE WENT HERE FOR MY 60TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION. THE THREE OF US CHOSE THE FILET, SINCE THIS WAS THE ONLY "BEEF" SELECTION. WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH OUR CHOICE. IT WASN'T "TENDER" AS WE HAD HOPED. MY SON AND I CHOSE TO GO AHEAD AND EAT OURS, BUT MY HUSBAND RETURNED HIS. THE WAITRESS SAID IT WOULD TAKE SEVEN MINUTES TO MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. HE CHOSE THE LAMB. IT WAS OVER 15 MINUTES AND WE HAD FINISHED OUR MEALS. HE HAD TO GET HIS TO GO. THE CHEF NEVER CAME OUT TO APOLOGIZE, AND NOBODY SEEMED TO CARE WE WEREN'T ENJOYING OUR MEAL. THIS WASN'T A "HAPPY" OCCASION, AND I WOULD NEVER CHOOSE IT AGAIN, OR RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014A family favorite for all occasions! The food and service are always spectacular. The soup du jour is always a treat and whatever the special is.....trust me, It's Special! We love to introduce our friends from out of town to this treasure.Special Features:
- Mediocre menu1234VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for a Mother's Day lunch so I don't know if the menu was special for that, but it was bad. I'm not a terribly picky person and never leave reviews, but this instance was exceptional. I got the Cream of Mushroom soup, which was really great, but my main of pork was really small and was composed of the pork and a set of sides that they used for every other dish that day. My wife ordered salmon and received probably 2oz of salmon with sauce and the same sides set as my pork (cabbage and two very small carrots). The cake for dessert was offensively dry (seriously) and sliced incredibly thin (probably 1/2" or less?). Then waiters were telling customers not to order certain things because they weren't fresh. Just odd and bad! :(
- Could be GreatDinerDined on 5/9/2014Service very slow. Not enough servers Veal not seared properly & undercooked Took forever to get our food.
- The following 364 reviews are from the Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews archive.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Our first visit to Hannibals........we will be back!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationFriendlyDinerDined on 4/24/2014Our party of three arrived at Chez Vincent at 5:45pm on a Thursday. We were there to celebrate a birthday and were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Our charming French waitress was Laurie, who was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu choices. Laurie remembered our favorite wine from an earlier visit, and in short order we were toasting the birthday celebrant. Our seafood choices were done to perfection by Chef/Owner Vincent. It was a most enjoyable experience for our small group, and of course we shall be back. Actually, each time we have dined at CV it has been a celebration, not always for a specific occasion, but because the staff, the food, the ambience and Vincent make it a celebration for the guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My sons 21st birthday!cadersDined on 4/21/2014My husband and I took our son out to dinner to celebrate his 21st birthday. He had asked us to take him to a french restaurant with a french speaking staff. Well he got his wish. The server greeted him in french and allowed him to order his dinner in french. He is getting ready to go to U.C.F to study french. The food was excellent and the experience will be etched in our minds forever. I can not wait to take my daughter there for dinner or dessert. We were fortunate enough to have a lovely young french lady serve us. We will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter Brunchvolleychic7Dined on 4/20/2014We had a great easter Brunch. Everyone truly enjoyed the food, and kids were welcome with a special kids menu. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- EasterAnnieDined on 4/20/2014The menu was limited understandably due to the holiday and we knew that was the case when we made the reservations. We arrived early and got in right away and got a window table as requested. We enjoyed our meal and particularly enjoyed our server, Louis. He was great and a delight; made our dining experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesMurphDined on 4/15/2014A true French restaurant, where the emphasis is on quality, not quantity. The service was impeccable, and the atmosphere is very nice. I highly recommend Chez Vincent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals!CarlaVIPDined on 4/8/2014We had a great experience -the fish combo and sea bass dinners were amazing. Our server recommended a lovely wine and it hit the mark. Enjoyable enough to send the owners a message and thank them. A Couple of Kidds loved it and will be back!Special Features:
- great food but taxi shortageLindaDined on 4/8/2014We had a great ride out from hotel. Food and service top notch. But if you go be sure you arrange for return transport.....we waited two hours and only got one cab for six people....ruined what could have been a perfect eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the French labelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014As a Frenchman, I unfortunately did not find the food at this restaurant to be worth the French Cuisine label, and consequently the price of it. The menu and wine list looked very enticing, but the appetizers and entrees overall came out as a disappointment. The foie gras special was very good, but the pate was really bland and the duck, interestingly, did not taste la duck. Im not sure why. I particularly remember having the mashed potatoes crusted dry on the outside and the snap beans stuck to the plate likely because the plate was composed in advance and kept in a warmer oven. I expected enough respect for quality cuisine that the plates were going to be prepared freshly, especially as this was a slow evening for them (week day).Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurantluv2dineoutVIPDined on 3/26/2014This is a wonderful restaurant in Winter Park for Sunday brunch, lunch or dinner. The staff is very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Expect some traditional French fare which is excellent. They can accommodate small or large groups. The décor is very warm and inviting. When at Hannibal Square in Winter Park, Chez Vincent is a don't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAnnieDined on 2/26/2014This totally French resto was recommended to us by someone who said, "it's really French, not like some of the others who pretend to be French." We found this to be true. The food was excellent - I had cream of mushroom soup that was the best I ever had and my husband's sea bass was perfect - one of the specials. I ordered off the regular menu and my fish seemed a bit dry and too salty but not send back worthy. I'd stick to the specials next time. it was excellent all in all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try another restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/20/2014Living in NY there is a ton of good places to eat we looked at reviews and decided to try this place while on vacation and I wished we didn't waste our money The bill was over $250 for 4 people and we are not heavy drinkers The food was ok. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. For the price you expect it to be outstanding. Not many people were in the restaurant and that should have been our first clue to try somewhere else on the Square. The service is on the borderline between not being rushed, and horribly slow. I had the escargots appetizer in the puff pastry, which I later regretted I should have just stuck to the traditional way The puff pastry didn't add anything, and the sauce on the plate was way too salty take your money go elsewhere
- Thursday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014We ate at CV on Thursday night. Outstanding food and wine....waiter was attentive and knowlegable without being intrusive. Rack of lamb was delicious...Will repeat ....great choice....Found through Urban Spoon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, underwhelming ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/18/2014The food was very, very good. The service was great as well. We went on a weekday night and it was very slow and too quiet for us. Great if you want a quiet dinner but underwhelming if you are looking for an active Winter Park location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for the price pointBAKEDined on 2/15/2014For the price point I was quite underwhelmed. Though the service staff was friendly and accommodating, I found the food knowledge lacking. They were able to describe the dishes well, but unable to answer specific questions such as "which cut of meat are you serving and how is it prepared." Lack of specific knowledge was explained once our entrees were served. It was basically well plated banquet food. I nice piece of meat paired with mediocre sauce and steamed vegetables. Which are generally signs of an efficient, but less creative environment. Though the ambiance was pleasant and we were treated well, I do not think we will return. It is simply too much of a disapointment to grossly overpay for an underwhelming dining experience.
- excellent food. staff seemedmikeDined on 2/14/2014excellent food. staff seemed very rushed. 5 minutes late (called ahead), had to wait 20 minutes for table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Traditional French Gem!Asilomar24Dined on 1/25/2014We loved our recent lunch experience at Chez Vincent. The food, atmosphere and service were impeccable! Our server was pleasant, professional and knowledgable about the menu and wine list. As always, the food was amazing! Our guests really enjoyed the escargots in garlic butter, the tomato and basil soup and the Cesar Salad to start. The entrees were equally delicious, particularly the sauteed chicken breast with mushrooms, diced apples, calvados liquer with a touch of cream and the crab cake with mango sauce. Thank you, Chez Vincent, for making our special celebration memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay. Service canOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Food was okay. Service can be improved. Ambiance is good when the pianist Mike is performing. Hannibal's Lounge could be perfect for a night cap and listen to some live music.Special Features:
- ExcellentWinendineDined on 1/18/2014We frequent many of the Winter Park restaurants but had never taken the opportunity to eat at Hannibal's. Took my wife here for her birthday and really enjoyed it with my wife saying its one of the best dinners she's ever had! Rack of Lamb was excellent as was the tuna. Large overstuffed chairs were too big for us making you sink and sit back. Even with the small back pillow, I do not recommend you sit in these chairs unless you are over 6 feet tall! Sit at one of the center table with regular chairs and you will be more comfortable. Overall excellent experience and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but....SrJewDined on 1/17/2014In all, we had an enjoyable evening. However, the server was average and really didn't seem as if he wanted to wait on us. I would think that the service in a prominent place as Chez Vincent, would be outstanding across the board especially when there were only 3 tables. The food was excellent, although, even with appetizers, bread and some deserts, we left feeling a bit hungrier then expected for the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely marvelous. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2014Absolutely marvelous. It was like being in a small romantic restaurant in Paris. The food, wine list and service were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleRemusDined on 1/12/2014Place empty Sunday brunch, should have turned and left! VERY expensive! (9$ mimosas?) French toast with canned peaches? Broken yolks on eggs benni? Cheap bread for sandwiches and for no customers a painfully long wait......150$$ for 5 people and escargots appetizer never showed up:-(. Never again!
- Pleased!MaryDined on 12/30/2013We really liked the small, quaint atmosphere of this place. Service was prompt and efficient. Our waiter returned often to our table to check on us and refilled our drinks. He was quite knowledgeable of the menus selections and offered suggestions. Our food was good, we started with soup and the cream of carrot and cream of mushroom soups were delicious! Our main meal dishes were good, not outstanding. The tables are a bit close together, would be nice to separate them a bit more. Excellent selection of wines to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not specialpennyDined on 12/30/2013We had a nice dinner at Chez Vincent --a nice atmosphere, friendly and efficient service. While the food was good, it was uneven in quality. For example, the pate was bland, relatively tasteless; the soups were good but not exceptional; the lamb was the best course of the evening; pork tenderloins were good. Side dishes were fine. Considering the price, we did not find this either exceptional. We will probably not return.