Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
533 W. New England Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezvincent.com/
- Phone: 4075992929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Gagliano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Cellar can seat up to 30 guests. Hannibal"s On The Square also available for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Gagliano 4075992929
A word from Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
Located in the artsy area of Hannibal Square in Downtown Winter Park. Enjoy French food in a casual elegant atmosphere for lunch or dinner.Daily fares of Filet Migon, Grouper Provencale & traditional prepared Escargot. Fabulous private wine Cellar for parties up to 30. Perfect for corporate dinners, birthday celebrations or a lunch gathering. Meet your friends for a cocktail before at our beautiful piano lounge Hannibal"s on The Square. Live music Wednesday to Saturday evenings. ****Please let us know in your reservation request if you would like to sit in the Chez Vincent dining room or in Hannibal's lounge dining room****Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (29)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Magical DinningSchulyDined on 9/13/2014Maybe it's not fair to rate a restaurant during magical dining, but I was not impressed. The food wasn't bad, but frankly unremarkable. Based on that lack luster first impression I won't be going back...
- Need to step it upDanielVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had high expectations, that wasn't fulfilled. OK service, but far from expected. Food was not bad, but that's it.
- UnderwhelmedDianaDined on 9/12/2014Great atmosphere, felt as if back in Paris. Preferred any dish to beef. Stay away from the salad. Escargot wonderful Service was sub par - upon serving the wrong dishes to people, the server made a bit of a scene about having to correct her mistake and spent the remainder of the evening making her disdain for the request to correct the error clear to many of her colleague and within ear shot. She was not very attentive as we were only able to order drinks and or move the meal along by requesting other employees ask her to come by or take care of us. Bit of a downer to the experience.
- Service based on price of orderBud1Dined on 9/12/2014We were there for magical month of dining's $33. The server treated us as a result like 2nd class citizens. Decent restaurant if you dine from full price menu I suppose. Comped beverages did not make up for bad, forgotten service.Special Features:
- Wonderful date meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I dined here during the Magical Dining on a Friday night. We were one of the first people to arrive and had to listen to the servers decide who was going to wait on which set of tables, which I don't prefer to have to listen to. However, we lucked into a great server. I got the escargot, pork tenderloin, and chocolate cake. I found every single bite to be delicious! My husband enjoyed the calamari (was a little fishy), mixed grill (loved every bite), and the creme brûlée. I enjoyed it so much I said I would be happy to come back and enjoy it again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Magical Dining MenuMookieMooDined on 9/11/2014Recently dined at Chez Vincent & took advantage of the Magical Dining Month menu. The salmon was extremely dry, almost unpalatable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average, service was pooropenreviewerDined on 9/7/2014We had to ask twice to get our wine order. Waiter who took our order never delivered, so the manager was asked. Food was average, below expectation.
- Good FoodEllenCDined on 9/3/2014The food was well prepared and presented. The bartender did not know how to make a daiquiri. ESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hannibal's on the SquareDrJHADined on 8/31/2014Wife and I both had a crepe dish. Food was good but not great. Sauces are how we measure greatness. Place is really old but clean. Will try it again someday.Special Features:
- Great!WilliamDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service! Will definitely return....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorably Impressed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Have passed this place and never had the opportunity to dine there. Now I am sorry that I hadn't tried it sooner. The food was excellent!! We enjoyed appetizers, entrees and dessert and had no disappointment at all!! The lamb was among the best I have eaten. Pleasantly surprised by the selections of "wine by the glass". The diners that evening all seemed to be truly enjoying their meals which makes for a truly wonderful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance, Average FoodDailymantraDined on 8/29/2014On a Friday night, even at a little after 6, it was tough to find parking. The restaurant is a small, charming place. The tables are a little close together for my taste. The menu, especially for brunch, was expansive. The waitress, was friendly, knowledgeable and just the perfect amount of attentive. The French bread was delicious. The escargot was okay. The French Onion soup was delicious. The Cesar salad was good, but a little salty and overdressed. The lamb and chicken entree was done well. The salmon was perfectly cooked, but the sauce was cloyingly sweet. The chocolate cake was just so average. The creme brulee was perfectly caramelized, but the actual custard was overdone to the point of tasting like scrambled eggs.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableJudiVIPDined on 8/27/2014I took an 82 year old friend to lunch for her birthday. The food was excellent and the environment allowed for a pleasant conversation.Special Features:
- Tres Bon!DecoratorDottieDined on 8/27/2014Went to our favorite French Restaurant in Winter Park for lunch. The Trout and the Chicken Crepe were wonderful as always. The sauces on both were supurb! Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite French Restaurant in OrlLovegoingouttodinnerDined on 8/14/2014Everything was excellent, food, customer service, ambience, noise. The Chef stopped by our table and asked how everything was; he was really friendly made us feel like home. I’ll highly recommend this place to family and friends and would definitively come back something soon. Gratin potatoes a must!! If you are a cheese lover like I am, you would love this side dish – You wouldn’t stop eating think it like a cheese fondue + potatoes. Nom nomSpecial Features:
- Great ambianceCanardlyDined on 8/2/2014This review is for Hannibal's which has a wonderful bar and decor. It's open and airy but still has an intimate cozy feel. The food was good, my wife had the venison which was perfectly prepared but the sides were not as advertised, came with rice and some veggies it was supposed to be mashed potatoes. The house salad was flat and pretty unexciting, my scallops were prepared perfectly but again the sides were a little different than advertised. Excellent wine list, good bar selection, wait staff was good although the service times were lengthly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winter park outingmormonDined on 8/1/2014Nicely decorated, good live music, good drinks and appetizers, but that is it. Do not waste your time or money having dinner at Hannibal bar side of the restaurant. The main entre's were disappointing. Ordered six entre's, all six were disappointing. The service is also slow.
- Amazing Dinning ExperiencefoodgirlDined on 7/25/2014I have lived in Winter Park for over 25 years and I have never been to Chez Vincent before now...oh my gosh we will now always go there...it was amazing. Everything was perfect, and we celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at this wonderful place. I cannot say enough about the food, wine, service and atmosphere...just excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemmysterygalDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, excellent service, and tasty food at Hannibal's while celebrating a family birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for nice dinner outAshleyDined on 7/15/2014Chez Vincent makes you feel like you are celebrating a special event even if you are not. The ambience is very classy and romantic. Hannibal's on the Square has a fun artsy ambiance with comfy chairs, fun decor and live music on the weekends. Both have amazing food and service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend, in fact I already did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful food...francegirlVIPDined on 6/30/2014...at Chez Vincent. The cuisine is excellent, the service as well. To say nothing about the ambiance, which is lovely and elegant. All in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- French cuisine distant cousinUnderwhelmedDined on 6/28/2014Went to celebrate our 35th anniversary. The food was salty. The vegetables were dried out, almost like it sat under a heat lamp too long. Our waiter was new and not very knowledgeable about the menu....He was friendly enough. We opted to go somewhere else for desert and coffee. We had been considering this location for a while, since we dine quite a bit in the Park Avenue corridor. Not a fan!!
- the perfect eveningwJR3VIPDined on 6/7/2014Had a few friends in from out of town and they can't wait to come back to the restaurant with or without usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodMommaLionDined on 6/2/2014We loved both the food and service - very knowledgeable about the wines and helped us make great selections. The souffle was to die for and a real hit with all 6 of us! They also make great cocktails in the bar at Hannibals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER EXPERIENCEhollymayDined on 5/23/2014WE WENT HERE FOR MY 60TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION. THE THREE OF US CHOSE THE FILET, SINCE THIS WAS THE ONLY "BEEF" SELECTION. WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH OUR CHOICE. IT WASN'T "TENDER" AS WE HAD HOPED. MY SON AND I CHOSE TO GO AHEAD AND EAT OURS, BUT MY HUSBAND RETURNED HIS. THE WAITRESS SAID IT WOULD TAKE SEVEN MINUTES TO MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. HE CHOSE THE LAMB. IT WAS OVER 15 MINUTES AND WE HAD FINISHED OUR MEALS. HE HAD TO GET HIS TO GO. THE CHEF NEVER CAME OUT TO APOLOGIZE, AND NOBODY SEEMED TO CARE WE WEREN'T ENJOYING OUR MEAL. THIS WASN'T A "HAPPY" OCCASION, AND I WOULD NEVER CHOOSE IT AGAIN, OR RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY.Special Features:
- The following 367 reviews are from the Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews archive.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014A family favorite for all occasions! The food and service are always spectacular. The soup du jour is always a treat and whatever the special is.....trust me, It's Special! We love to introduce our friends from out of town to this treasure.Special Features:
- Mediocre menu1234VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for a Mother's Day lunch so I don't know if the menu was special for that, but it was bad. I'm not a terribly picky person and never leave reviews, but this instance was exceptional. I got the Cream of Mushroom soup, which was really great, but my main of pork was really small and was composed of the pork and a set of sides that they used for every other dish that day. My wife ordered salmon and received probably 2oz of salmon with sauce and the same sides set as my pork (cabbage and two very small carrots). The cake for dessert was offensively dry (seriously) and sliced incredibly thin (probably 1/2" or less?). Then waiters were telling customers not to order certain things because they weren't fresh. Just odd and bad! :(
- Could be GreatDinerDined on 5/9/2014Service very slow. Not enough servers Veal not seared properly & undercooked Took forever to get our food.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Our first visit to Hannibals........we will be back!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationFriendlyDinerDined on 4/24/2014Our party of three arrived at Chez Vincent at 5:45pm on a Thursday. We were there to celebrate a birthday and were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Our charming French waitress was Laurie, who was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu choices. Laurie remembered our favorite wine from an earlier visit, and in short order we were toasting the birthday celebrant. Our seafood choices were done to perfection by Chef/Owner Vincent. It was a most enjoyable experience for our small group, and of course we shall be back. Actually, each time we have dined at CV it has been a celebration, not always for a specific occasion, but because the staff, the food, the ambience and Vincent make it a celebration for the guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My sons 21st birthday!cadersDined on 4/21/2014My husband and I took our son out to dinner to celebrate his 21st birthday. He had asked us to take him to a french restaurant with a french speaking staff. Well he got his wish. The server greeted him in french and allowed him to order his dinner in french. He is getting ready to go to U.C.F to study french. The food was excellent and the experience will be etched in our minds forever. I can not wait to take my daughter there for dinner or dessert. We were fortunate enough to have a lovely young french lady serve us. We will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter Brunchvolleychic7Dined on 4/20/2014We had a great easter Brunch. Everyone truly enjoyed the food, and kids were welcome with a special kids menu. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- EasterAnnieDined on 4/20/2014The menu was limited understandably due to the holiday and we knew that was the case when we made the reservations. We arrived early and got in right away and got a window table as requested. We enjoyed our meal and particularly enjoyed our server, Louis. He was great and a delight; made our dining experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesMurphDined on 4/15/2014A true French restaurant, where the emphasis is on quality, not quantity. The service was impeccable, and the atmosphere is very nice. I highly recommend Chez Vincent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals!CarlaVIPDined on 4/8/2014We had a great experience -the fish combo and sea bass dinners were amazing. Our server recommended a lovely wine and it hit the mark. Enjoyable enough to send the owners a message and thank them. A Couple of Kidds loved it and will be back!Special Features:
- great food but taxi shortageLindaDined on 4/8/2014We had a great ride out from hotel. Food and service top notch. But if you go be sure you arrange for return transport.....we waited two hours and only got one cab for six people....ruined what could have been a perfect eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the French labelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014As a Frenchman, I unfortunately did not find the food at this restaurant to be worth the French Cuisine label, and consequently the price of it. The menu and wine list looked very enticing, but the appetizers and entrees overall came out as a disappointment. The foie gras special was very good, but the pate was really bland and the duck, interestingly, did not taste la duck. Im not sure why. I particularly remember having the mashed potatoes crusted dry on the outside and the snap beans stuck to the plate likely because the plate was composed in advance and kept in a warmer oven. I expected enough respect for quality cuisine that the plates were going to be prepared freshly, especially as this was a slow evening for them (week day).Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurantluv2dineoutVIPDined on 3/26/2014This is a wonderful restaurant in Winter Park for Sunday brunch, lunch or dinner. The staff is very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Expect some traditional French fare which is excellent. They can accommodate small or large groups. The décor is very warm and inviting. When at Hannibal Square in Winter Park, Chez Vincent is a don't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAnnieDined on 2/26/2014This totally French resto was recommended to us by someone who said, "it's really French, not like some of the others who pretend to be French." We found this to be true. The food was excellent - I had cream of mushroom soup that was the best I ever had and my husband's sea bass was perfect - one of the specials. I ordered off the regular menu and my fish seemed a bit dry and too salty but not send back worthy. I'd stick to the specials next time. it was excellent all in all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try another restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/20/2014Living in NY there is a ton of good places to eat we looked at reviews and decided to try this place while on vacation and I wished we didn't waste our money The bill was over $250 for 4 people and we are not heavy drinkers The food was ok. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. For the price you expect it to be outstanding. Not many people were in the restaurant and that should have been our first clue to try somewhere else on the Square. The service is on the borderline between not being rushed, and horribly slow. I had the escargots appetizer in the puff pastry, which I later regretted I should have just stuck to the traditional way The puff pastry didn't add anything, and the sauce on the plate was way too salty take your money go elsewhere