Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
533 W. New England Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezvincent.com/
- Phone: (407) 599-2929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Gagliano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
A word from Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
Located in the artsy area of Hannibal Square in Downtown Winter Park. Enjoy French food in a casual elegant atmosphere for lunch or dinner.Daily fares of Filet Migon, Grouper Provencale & traditional prepared Escargot. Fabulous private wine Cellar for parties up to 30. Perfect for corporate dinners, birthday celebrations or a lunch gathering. Meet your friends for a cocktail before at our beautiful piano lounge Hannibal"s on The Square. Live music Wednesday to Saturday evenings. ****Please let us know in your reservation request if you would like to sit in the Chez Vincent dining room or in Hannibal's lounge dining room****Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (44)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (20)good for groups (10)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A Wonderful CelebrationLadySDined on 12/13/2013All entrees were wonderful. Everyone was pleased. Their desserts are worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming LocalJeffSDined on 12/12/2013This is a local neighborhood gem that caters to it's customers and is all about providing a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Favorite PlaceFriendlyDinerDined on 11/28/2013Chez Vincent is a jewel of a restaurant, with an excellent dinner menu and very professional and friendly wait staff. It is our "go to" place when we want to treat ourselves or friends to a special meal, and we have never been disappointed there after many visits. Its friendly ambience has made us always as welcome at CZ as if we were having dinner in a private home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Orlando fine diningWaterdogFLDined on 11/27/2013A first experience with Chez Vincent for us, but we'll gladly be back. From the delicious carrot soup through the flour-less chocolate cake for desert, everything was good. We opted for wines by the glass to accompany the meal, and both the red and white were very good to accompany our meals.Special Features:
- had a very enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013had a very enjoyable dining experience at Chez Vincent - excellent food and service, was a special occasion for our Mother's 90th Birthday and was all very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez Vincent is an excellentluv2dineoutVIPDined on 11/12/2013Chez Vincent is an excellent restaurant in Winter Park, FL with the feel of Paris. The food, the service and the ambience are wonderful. It is elegant and comfortable. From traditional French cuisine to their daily specials there is something for everyone's taste. Whether a local or tourist, when in Winter Park, FL do not miss Chez Vincent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellent.ScottDined on 11/11/2013The food and service was excellent. Our waitress had the entire menu memorized, which is not very common. For the kind of food you get it is relatively inexpensive, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Amazing French food! I was a little nervous taking my foodie friends to a place that I have never before tried however Chez Vincent did not disappoint. Great atmosphere, great service and fantastic food. The venison dish was possibly the best that I have ever tried and the pumpkin souffle was to die for. I was even impressed that the Chef came out into the resturant to interact with the guests. We will definitley be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a star!SuperbVIPDined on 10/31/2013Chez Vincent is a star in the realm of restaurants. Our food was outstanding. This was for a special occasion & was made very even more so by our server Elissa.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJustroxDined on 10/24/2013We loved the quiet atmoshere of the dining room. It was easy to have a conversation. The food was excellent tasting. I thought the filet portions were a little small, but very tender and tasty. The appetizers were great and salads were delightful and fresh. What a great wine list to choose from as well. The owner Vincent came out to our table and visited with us. I thought that was wonderful. A very pleasant gentleman. I would definately come back again. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an excellent dinningEmmaDined on 10/16/2013What an excellent dinning experience! I would recommend it to anybody who appreciates great food and service. For appetizer I had foiegras seared with apples in a delicious brandy (?)sauce. I have to go back just to try it again and beg for recipe. Venison was perfect as well. So were rack of lamb and seafood sampler platter of my companions. Great wine selection, specially Bordeaux, my favorite. Also very nice single malts list. What a wonderful evening we had! Flawless food and service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best, but good.RobertDined on 9/28/2013We too took advantage of the Magical Dining Menu on Saturday night. I understand that this is not "Top Shelf", but overall compared to other French cuisine restaurants this meal was middle of the pack. Location is cute, and not jammed like Park Ave. it was very busy, so a bit noisy, but not table to table, just overall. We enjoyed the dinner, but not enough to return.Special Features:
- UnderwelmedgoodtimeswantedDined on 9/28/2013We went as a group of four to Chez Vincent, each celebrating an anniversary. We were so excited about this venue from all the revues we read. The restaurant itself has a very old world, romantic feel and the servers were very pleasant. We ordered from the September special dining menu because we felt we would get the most variety without overindulging. Unfortunately, that may have been our dinners' demise. The appetizers were fair at best. The grouper was overwhelmed with sauce. The pork was over cooked. We requested a bottle of sweet, white wine, and were provided with one that was very acidic in nature. The items we enjoyed most were our desserts. Unfortunately we will not be back.Special Features:
- Winter Park Gem!winterparkfoodieDined on 9/27/2013A wonderful, viberant spot with terrific food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicefuntimesDined on 9/25/2013Always wanted to try this restaurant...Loved it! Friendly and prompt service. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad....GlennDined on 9/21/2013The waitstaff at the restaurant were stellar in my opinion. They were very attentive and we never went without anything. The ambiance was very nice, and did have a little bistro feel. We had a great table with plenty of room, but I could imagine that it would get crowded if we went in later. We did a combination of the magical dining menu and the regular menu so that we could try two different soups. The cream of mushroom soup was AMAZING and I would go back to Chez Vincent just for it. The proteins were cooked flawlessly. My only compliant was that the side dishes seemed lackluster in comparison, lacking both flavor and imagination. We also ordered the souffle' which was kinda bleh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & ServiceGourmetBritVIPDined on 9/20/2013Had heard good things about this place, and it more than lived up to its reputation. Very European ambience, superb food presented just as well as it would be in Europe, very good staff that were personable but not intrusive. A great experience, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had a lovely,RayADined on 9/17/2013My wife and I had a lovely, memorable meal. The service was worthy of a 25% tip. There was music playing, but we felt that something a little more instrumental would have enhanced the ambiance. The noise level was quiet, which was great. I actually want to hear the person with whom I'm having a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurantluv2dineDined on 9/11/2013We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. The food was delicious. We waited a bit before our order was taken. But it definitely was worth the wait. The veal is the most tender melt in your mouth veal I have ever eaten. And the warm french bread was out of this world. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversarygeorgioDined on 9/10/2013We had a wonderful evening & a fine dinner with very pleasant and attentive service. First time diners but we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the Orlando DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2013We had the Orlando Dining Out meal and all four of us really liked the quality, taste and presentation of the food. The waiter was very helpful and charming.Special Features:
- Food and wine was very good.FranceDined on 9/7/2013Food and wine was very good. We like the Chez Vincent part of the restaurant. We have come there many times over the 8 years. We like the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceMimiDined on 9/7/2013We drove a long way to try this restaurant. Apertiziers (squid, snails, onion soup) were very good. Grouper was on the bland side but orange duck was quite tasty. Deserts are all excellent. Service was the best - our water glasses were always full and multiple people served and checked in on us. Wine and beer recommendations were perfect as well. I would recommend this restaurant, but I will not go back too soon due to the distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, excellent service,MikeDined on 9/7/2013Great time, excellent service, food was great and prepared perfect. Wait staff very attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food+outstanding servicespj68Dined on 9/5/2013I would definitely recommend this place especially for a nice date night. The food was exceptional but what stood out to me most was how great the service and hospitality was. I know I will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice choiceVillagePeopleDined on 9/5/2013Magical Dining Month (September) offered a $33 3-course meal that was good but not spectacular. Wine List is way over priced in our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerKrisDined on 8/29/2013The food was excellent as well as the service. The owner came to our table and asked about the food - nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great asparagus.lockeDined on 8/24/2013Really enjoyed the carrot soup and the grouper. Didn't really like the souffle dessert. Wish I had tried something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!francegirlVIPDined on 8/20/2013The cuisine and the ambience are wonderful at Chez Vincent.Special Features:
- Rather expensiveFreepZDined on 8/16/2013The service and the ambiance of the place were quite good. The special of the day was veal, which tasted good, but was particularly stringy. The suggested wine went well with the meal. The big disappointment was with the desert. Tarte Tatin is one of my favorites, but they somehow managed to make the crust very soggy. All that would not have been so bad, but for a $70 meal, I expect much better.Special Features:
- French treasure in Winter ParkGoldenVoiceDined on 7/13/2013We felt like we were dining in a small restaurant in southern France. Quiet romantic ambiance and mostly couples dining. Wait staff very friendly and happy. Food delicious and beautifully presented. We will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Absolutely fantasticDigitalAndrewDined on 7/12/2013Great food! Absolutely fantastic flavors and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez Vincent did not disappoint!SoSiDined on 7/9/2013This was my first visit to Chez Vincent but it won't be my last. The food was perfectment! My filet minon was was so tender, cooked exactly as I like it. The blue cheese sauce was divine as well as the creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!!!!1rstexperienceDined on 6/2/2013We are the only couple, first to dine for the evening . The waiter did not deliver the meal as ordered and the timing was off after that. Was not a good experience- the food , not good enough to remember.
- Good but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2013The food was good and so was the service but the atmosphere was more casual than we expected from a french restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphere.DoctorJDined on 5/25/2013The food is beautifully done,and the wine good, up to French standards. The service was very timely and friendly. NIce choice of atmosphere; you can choose the quieter Chez Vincent, which seems more traditional, or Hannibal's where the bar is located.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013We had been wanting to eat at Chez Vincent for some time, but never were able to do so until Mother's Day weekend. My wife and I decided that we would set up a lunch date just for us. The experience could not have been more wonderful! The atmosphere was great, the service exactly what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber, and the food.....absolutely out of this world delicious!!! And don't forget to have dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, but...UnimpressedDined on 5/10/20131. The food is all right, although not expensive. 2. Service was not professional, although helpful. 3. For lunch, the mashed potatoes and the crepe were reaheated in the microwave, although the beef b. was very good. It is a pitty that one good thing is spoiled by a lazy kitchen service. 4. Fish with too many spices, certainly not French. 5. For dinner, the waiter was helpful but far from professional. 6. I requested a table for seven, then called to add two people and they did not know. It´s a good place to visit but not too often. I hope it improves. Finally, it is good, but not great.
- Chez Vincent never disappoints!!MichelleVIPDined on 4/21/2013Chez Vincent is truly a wonderful place to dine. The food is consistently excellent. I've never had a meal here that wasn't absolutely delicious. Try the mussels - the sauce is to die for!Special Features:
- 2nd time there and will definitelygator959Dined on 4/20/20132nd time there and will definitely be back when in the area. Waiter was very helpful with menu. Food was delicious!Special Features: