Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
533 W. New England Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezvincent.com/
- Phone: 4075992929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Gagliano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
A word from Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square
Located in the artsy area of Hannibal Square in Downtown Winter Park. Enjoy French food in a casual elegant atmosphere for lunch or dinner.Daily fares of Filet Migon, Grouper Provencale & traditional prepared Escargot. Fabulous private wine Cellar for parties up to 30. Perfect for corporate dinners, birthday celebrations or a lunch gathering. Meet your friends for a cocktail before at our beautiful piano lounge Hannibal"s on The Square. Live music Wednesday to Saturday evenings. ****Please let us know in your reservation request if you would like to sit in the Chez Vincent dining room or in Hannibal's lounge dining room****Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (20)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great French Cuisine in Winter ParkresinexVIPDined on 10/7/2014We had a wonderful meal. Both were fish. Don't miss this restaurant. Chef Vincent and his team are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very frenchmagicaldiningDined on 9/28/2014This menu is a typical french cuisine menu .... so if you are looking for froi gra and snails and pate then bingo... The food is exceptional however when we were there it was packed and service was s l o w.... so slow that our waiter brought us a glass of wine on the house for our wait... greatly appreciated that....Special Features:
- classicserviceDined on 9/26/2014The french waitress was very good except I couldn't understand her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Go!4palfoodiesDined on 9/26/2014Everything was wonderful! The ambiance, food and service were excellent. We are looking forward to trying lunch one day soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ssalicSSALADined on 9/26/2014We always enjoy Chez Vincent and bring friends. We always have a great meal and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining Experiencehate2cookDined on 9/24/2014The food was fantastic. My friend ordered different options and we were able to share each others for more variety! The restaurant was very busy and service was slow but in a good way...I felt like I was really in France where you are never rushed! My only complaint was where we sat and they gave me a choice and I chose it so I guess I have no right to complain about it? We sat right near the rest room and everyone kept cutting behind my friends chair to get to it instead of going down the main aisle. I found it really annoying but my friend and I just dealt with it. I would go back anytime but I will be smarter about which table I choose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleaned our plates...IoraDined on 9/21/2014The food here is well worth the expense - we went on Magical Dining Month so it was a bit less than $50/person including a tip (without alcohol) but I'd willingly pay the regular menu price. They do amazing things with simple vegetables. Sauteed calamari was delicious. My dinner companions loved the French onion soup and the escargot. Most of us ordered the mixed grill with chicken and lamb, with perfect sauces - our plates went back to the kitchen cleaned to the point that you couldn't tell there had been food on the plates when it came out of the kitchen. The creme brulee and the chocolate cake were quite amazing for dessert. The waitstaff is very pleasant and service is fast and efficient and without errors.Special Features:
- DisappointingIlovefoodDined on 9/20/2014The 5 meat dish was under seasoned and over cooked. My wife's grouper was was practically raw. The escargot was under flavored. The Creme brule was one of the BEST I have ever had. I only wish the rest of the meal was as good. Very disapointing.Special Features:
- weekendfoodwarriorDined on 9/20/2014loved it , great food great service. on my list to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not funMelissaDined on 9/19/2014After making reservations, I didn't think we'd get the table by the swinging door to the bathrooms, which hit my husband every time. Food was adequate, but the waiter "mis-added" the bill overcharging significantly and then seemed bothered that I caught the error and made him fix it. Too many good French places in town to go back here.Special Features:
- DisneyDuoDined on 9/19/2014We have dined here many times, but not for several months. This visit frankly was somewhat disappointing. The bread quality has decreased, and second requested loaf was not warm. I have had the grouper many times in the past, but on this visit, the cut was much thinner and undercooked for my taste. All other aspects were quite acceptable.Special Features:
- chfetteDined on 9/18/2014very dark inside restaurant - too dark for enjoyable dining - had a hard time seeing the food and most people used flashlight apps to read menus around usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CustomerFranceDined on 9/17/2014We have been coming there for years. We like the food, wine and the service.Special Features:
- Park Avenue GemWarrenb1Dined on 9/16/2014Chez Vincent has been around a long time and for good reason. Understated, yet elegant ambience, lovely atmosphere and a fine menu!Special Features:
- Magical DinningSchulyDined on 9/13/2014Maybe it's not fair to rate a restaurant during magical dining, but I was not impressed. The food wasn't bad, but frankly unremarkable. Based on that lack luster first impression I won't be going back...
- Need to step it upDanielVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had high expectations, that wasn't fulfilled. OK service, but far from expected. Food was not bad, but that's it.
- UnderwhelmedDianaDined on 9/12/2014Great atmosphere, felt as if back in Paris. Preferred any dish to beef. Stay away from the salad. Escargot wonderful Service was sub par - upon serving the wrong dishes to people, the server made a bit of a scene about having to correct her mistake and spent the remainder of the evening making her disdain for the request to correct the error clear to many of her colleague and within ear shot. She was not very attentive as we were only able to order drinks and or move the meal along by requesting other employees ask her to come by or take care of us. Bit of a downer to the experience.
- Service based on price of orderBud1Dined on 9/12/2014We were there for magical month of dining's $33. The server treated us as a result like 2nd class citizens. Decent restaurant if you dine from full price menu I suppose. Comped beverages did not make up for bad, forgotten service.Special Features:
- Wonderful date meal!WPmommaDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I dined here during the Magical Dining on a Friday night. We were one of the first people to arrive and had to listen to the servers decide who was going to wait on which set of tables, which I don't prefer to have to listen to. However, we lucked into a great server. I got the escargot, pork tenderloin, and chocolate cake. I found every single bite to be delicious! My husband enjoyed the calamari (was a little fishy), mixed grill (loved every bite), and the creme brûlée. I enjoyed it so much I said I would be happy to come back and enjoy it again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Magical Dining MenuMookieMooDined on 9/11/2014Recently dined at Chez Vincent & took advantage of the Magical Dining Month menu. The salmon was extremely dry, almost unpalatable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average, service was pooropenreviewerDined on 9/7/2014We had to ask twice to get our wine order. Waiter who took our order never delivered, so the manager was asked. Food was average, below expectation.
- Good FoodEllenCDined on 9/3/2014The food was well prepared and presented. The bartender did not know how to make a daiquiri. ESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hannibal's on the SquareDrJHADined on 8/31/2014Wife and I both had a crepe dish. Food was good but not great. Sauces are how we measure greatness. Place is really old but clean. Will try it again someday.Special Features:
- Great!WilliamDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service! Will definitely return....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorably Impressed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Have passed this place and never had the opportunity to dine there. Now I am sorry that I hadn't tried it sooner. The food was excellent!! We enjoyed appetizers, entrees and dessert and had no disappointment at all!! The lamb was among the best I have eaten. Pleasantly surprised by the selections of "wine by the glass". The diners that evening all seemed to be truly enjoying their meals which makes for a truly wonderful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance, Average FoodDailymantraDined on 8/29/2014On a Friday night, even at a little after 6, it was tough to find parking. The restaurant is a small, charming place. The tables are a little close together for my taste. The menu, especially for brunch, was expansive. The waitress, was friendly, knowledgeable and just the perfect amount of attentive. The French bread was delicious. The escargot was okay. The French Onion soup was delicious. The Cesar salad was good, but a little salty and overdressed. The lamb and chicken entree was done well. The salmon was perfectly cooked, but the sauce was cloyingly sweet. The chocolate cake was just so average. The creme brulee was perfectly caramelized, but the actual custard was overdone to the point of tasting like scrambled eggs.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableJudiVIPDined on 8/27/2014I took an 82 year old friend to lunch for her birthday. The food was excellent and the environment allowed for a pleasant conversation.Special Features:
- Tres Bon!DecoratorDottieDined on 8/27/2014Went to our favorite French Restaurant in Winter Park for lunch. The Trout and the Chicken Crepe were wonderful as always. The sauces on both were supurb! Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite French Restaurant in OrlLovegoingouttodinnerDined on 8/14/2014Everything was excellent, food, customer service, ambience, noise. The Chef stopped by our table and asked how everything was; he was really friendly made us feel like home. I’ll highly recommend this place to family and friends and would definitively come back something soon. Gratin potatoes a must!! If you are a cheese lover like I am, you would love this side dish – You wouldn’t stop eating think it like a cheese fondue + potatoes. Nom nomSpecial Features:
- Great ambianceCanardlyDined on 8/2/2014This review is for Hannibal's which has a wonderful bar and decor. It's open and airy but still has an intimate cozy feel. The food was good, my wife had the venison which was perfectly prepared but the sides were not as advertised, came with rice and some veggies it was supposed to be mashed potatoes. The house salad was flat and pretty unexciting, my scallops were prepared perfectly but again the sides were a little different than advertised. Excellent wine list, good bar selection, wait staff was good although the service times were lengthly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winter park outingmormonDined on 8/1/2014Nicely decorated, good live music, good drinks and appetizers, but that is it. Do not waste your time or money having dinner at Hannibal bar side of the restaurant. The main entre's were disappointing. Ordered six entre's, all six were disappointing. The service is also slow.
- Amazing Dinning ExperiencefoodgirlDined on 7/25/2014I have lived in Winter Park for over 25 years and I have never been to Chez Vincent before now...oh my gosh we will now always go there...it was amazing. Everything was perfect, and we celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at this wonderful place. I cannot say enough about the food, wine, service and atmosphere...just excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemmysterygalDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, excellent service, and tasty food at Hannibal's while celebrating a family birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for nice dinner outAshleyDined on 7/15/2014Chez Vincent makes you feel like you are celebrating a special event even if you are not. The ambience is very classy and romantic. Hannibal's on the Square has a fun artsy ambiance with comfy chairs, fun decor and live music on the weekends. Both have amazing food and service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend, in fact I already did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful food...francegirlVIPDined on 6/30/2014...at Chez Vincent. The cuisine is excellent, the service as well. To say nothing about the ambiance, which is lovely and elegant. All in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:
- French cuisine distant cousinUnderwhelmedDined on 6/28/2014Went to celebrate our 35th anniversary. The food was salty. The vegetables were dried out, almost like it sat under a heat lamp too long. Our waiter was new and not very knowledgeable about the menu....He was friendly enough. We opted to go somewhere else for desert and coffee. We had been considering this location for a while, since we dine quite a bit in the Park Avenue corridor. Not a fan!!
- The following 370 reviews are from the Chez Vincent & Hannibal's on the Square reviews archive.
- the perfect eveningwJR3VIPDined on 6/7/2014Had a few friends in from out of town and they can't wait to come back to the restaurant with or without usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodMommaLionDined on 6/2/2014We loved both the food and service - very knowledgeable about the wines and helped us make great selections. The souffle was to die for and a real hit with all 6 of us! They also make great cocktails in the bar at Hannibals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER EXPERIENCEhollymayDined on 5/23/2014WE WENT HERE FOR MY 60TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION. THE THREE OF US CHOSE THE FILET, SINCE THIS WAS THE ONLY "BEEF" SELECTION. WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH OUR CHOICE. IT WASN'T "TENDER" AS WE HAD HOPED. MY SON AND I CHOSE TO GO AHEAD AND EAT OURS, BUT MY HUSBAND RETURNED HIS. THE WAITRESS SAID IT WOULD TAKE SEVEN MINUTES TO MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. HE CHOSE THE LAMB. IT WAS OVER 15 MINUTES AND WE HAD FINISHED OUR MEALS. HE HAD TO GET HIS TO GO. THE CHEF NEVER CAME OUT TO APOLOGIZE, AND NOBODY SEEMED TO CARE WE WEREN'T ENJOYING OUR MEAL. THIS WASN'T A "HAPPY" OCCASION, AND I WOULD NEVER CHOOSE IT AGAIN, OR RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO MY FRIENDS OR FAMILY.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014A family favorite for all occasions! The food and service are always spectacular. The soup du jour is always a treat and whatever the special is.....trust me, It's Special! We love to introduce our friends from out of town to this treasure.Special Features: