Chez Nous French Restaurant
217 South Avenue G
Humble, TX 77338Neighborhood:
Kingwood / Humble / Atascocita
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Chez Nous French Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cheznousfrenchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2814466717x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Stacy Simonson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chez Nous offers a wide variety of options. We cater from Corporate Lunches to Dinner Packages for pick up. Call us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Gallery room can host up to 40 guests and as little as 12. Our Bar can host up to 16 guests and is perfect for your smaller discreet business meetings or more intimate celebrations.
Our contemporary French cuisine celebrates each season’s finest ingredients. Whether you are planning a simple 3 course menu or an elaborate 6 course feast, Chef Stacy would be delighted to create a custom menu for you and your guests. Our dedicated team looks forward to helping you plan every detail of your event, from custom seasonal menus, wine pairings, flower arrangements, special desserts/cakes and car/limousine services.
Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Simonson 8776251021
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners
Each month we celebrate a different wine region with an area specific three course meal perfectly paired with some of that regions wines. Check at the beginning of each month to see what Chef Stacy is featuring.
A word from Chez Nous French Restaurant
Chez Nous is a modern French Restaurant where traditional French cuisine meets the needs of the American market. Chez Nous is renowned in its new world interpretation of the Parisian Classics. The seasonal menus are prepared by Chef Stacy Simonson and highlight the fine locally produced ingredients served in an elegant yet comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chez Nous French Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kingwood / Humble / Atascocita ›
Chez Nous French Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (63)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (32)good for groups (9)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in making our dining experience memorable. Special thanks to Dave for his assistance. My son and I thoroughly enjoyed the Chef's table d'hote. All the courses including wine pairings were delicious. The Chef is outstanding! The waitstaff was very attentive, but not overbearing. Amazing dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in the NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014A charming little house set in a seemly safe neighborhood about 15 minutes from the Marriott Hotel at the George Bush International Airport in the town of Humble ... it's a wonderful find that's been there for 30 years ... very friendly and accommodating service ... cute atmosphere ... a great place to go between International flights or if you've just landed and are hungry for some authentic French-style food ... the appetizers were excellent: Crab Tower and French Onion Soup ... the Main Course: Scallops and the Rack of Lamb (a bit over cooked for my taste but they offered to cook another one and ended up not charging for it ... very classy) ... I'd return again for sure.Special Features:
- Perfect for B-day Dinners!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, ambiance, and service! Perfect for birthday and anniversary dinners!Special Features:
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Private party in the back with small children. The children were loud. It was fine after they left. The food and service more than made up for it. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was my first visit. I was impressed with the awesome food and impeccable professionalism. One thing that was quite notable was the attention to detail. I was treated as a very special guest (even though I was alone).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best French restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014I've traveled around Europe from west to east and back. The French really know how to make food not only taste good, but an event worth remembering. Having eaten at French restaurants in the Riviera, I have longed to have that same experience here in the States. Chez Nous definitely has provided my wife and I with those memories. Delicious food, excellent service, and amazing presentation. A gem in Humble Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating three birthdays and picked Chez Nous for its great food and atmosphere. The rack of lamb was fantastic and my wife's Diver Scallops were great. The service was impeccable and timely. Each dish was a beautiful presentation of its own.We were not rushed at all. At the end of the meal the birthday people were presented with a birthday desert. A nice ending to a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!dragonladyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We've been patronizing Chez Nous for over 15 years (they've been open 30 with same owner!) and have NEVER had a bad experience, which is saying A LOT in this day and age of turnovers of management in the restaurant industry. They pay attention to the smallest of details. We took a small group on Friday night and they prepared a beautiful table for us in the bar area which is incredibly romantic, warm and inviting with the overstuffed sofa, comfy chairs and a beautiful old bar feeling. Fresh roses were on the table and the room dimly lit. Truly, I challenge anyone, any where in the world, to find more outstanding service! The blue crab/mango tower, heirloom tomato salad, shrimp Provencal & rasp/passion fruit souffle AMAZING!!! FAB wines too!Special Features:
- Our favorite special occasion placeEnjoyTheExperienceDined on 8/30/2014We drive an hour to small, quaint restaurant in small Humble residential area for our anniversary every year. It's French country ambience makes us feel like we are back in Paris, where we were engaged. Escargot, foi gras, duck entree and crab tower are fantastic and memorable compared to other Restaurants. Be sure to pre-order the soufflé when you make reservation. The owners are a married couple, and so friendly. The servers are all attentive and make you feel special. Wine list never fails. We continue to taste new wines until we find the one that's just right. We simply love Chez Nous and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmenDined on 8/22/2014Our dinning experience at Chez Nous was very pleasant. The place is very appropriate to enjoyment of a special meal. The food was outstanding as usual, the wine and the service were above average of what we get in other restaurants. The surprise of the night was that we were overcharged by $87.18!!! Since we were celebrating my birthday, my friend paid the bill and felt it would not be appropriate to complain about the overcharge. I found out of the overcharge after and fact and I would like to believe this was an honest mistake.Special Features:
- Perfectly elegant, as always!RileyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Another superb Friday evening: impeccable service and food, lovely atmosphere. Truly a gem!Special Features:
- Chez NousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful, highly recommend Chez Nous for excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service.CircleKDined on 8/16/2014If you enjoy fine dining, delicious food and great service in a charming setting, then this restaurant is for you. I drove over from Montgomery County to this little house in Humble and it was definitely worth the trip. This is my new favorite restaurant. I loved the way the wait staff were so kind and attentive, from the minute I walked in the door til the minute I left. I call special attention to the staff because I think it's unusual to have such good staff. At my table we ordered smoked salmon and a stacked Atlantic crab appetizer to start, then the duck and scallops. It was decadent. We shared the chocolate brownie dessert. For those who enjoy a quiet meal, this restaurant isn't noisy. It's instead cozy. Don't miss this wonderful spotSpecial Features:
- Great FoodlikegreatfoodDined on 8/15/2014Chez Nous has a very good menu and the attention to detail from the chef and wait staff can't be beat. A very good restaurant for that special occasion for a loved one. Not cheap but great food usually isn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingmgray121Dined on 8/14/2014It just doesn't get better than Chez nous. If you live in Houston and haven't been here yet - why not?? Absolutely amazing food (that is always cooked perfectly) and impeccable (yet unobtrusive) service are just two of the reasons to patron this gem. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/11/2014Chez nous is an incredibly romantic little gem The food is always delicious, the service great and unobtrusive and the ambiance perfect for couples who want time aloneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoulouDined on 8/7/2014We live in Humble and go to Chez Nous on a regular basis. Never have been disappointed, always great food and service. Highly recommend this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJHammockDined on 8/6/2014We have been going to this restaurant for our anniversary for many years. The service, food and atmosphere are great for this type of celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dmen1969Dined on 8/2/2014Very pleasant experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Humble-Kingwood rest.OpenTableTexDined on 8/1/2014We have never been disappointed and make a point of dining here for special occasions. We are not big 'foodies', but recognize the unique combination of menu item variety and execution, very attentive, but not over-bearing service, the opportunity to linger through a wonderful meal and enjoy the conversation of those we are dining with. Normally would have given the food 5*, but settled for Very Good as I didn't believe a couple of the 'had them before' dishes fully lived up to prior memory of them from an earlier time ordering them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple yet elegantnvr2L8Dined on 7/26/2014Chez Nous get's it! It's really all about the food. Subtle but distinctive flavors, nothing overpowers, just enough depth to illicit an overpowering desire to continue and perfect portions. Staff is there at the right time and invisible when you don't need them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service,DamonDined on 7/26/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Chez Nous. The food was superb. Our waiter, Jay, was very attentive. The staff really worked hard to make it special. I highly recommend this restaurant, and the blue crab tower!Special Features:
- Humbles' Hidden GemLiteratureFan2Dined on 7/26/2014I found this restaurant completely by accident. I was searching for a home in the area to purchase. Chez Nous is a restaurant that was converted from an old church. Not much in the way of parking which is probably the reason for reserved seating. Please do not let the surroundings find you, this is not a Sleepy Hollow environment! Once inside you will quickly notice the efficiency and organization of the restaurant. Eating here was a first to me and I lived in Humble for 15 years. Do not expect Texas portions here but do expect to be fantastically full by the time you leave. From the wines to dessert, I loved it all. I will certainly be back, just need to find someone to attend with me so I can knock their socks off like Chez Nous did mine!Special Features:
- Why did I wait so long?MattInHoustonDined on 7/23/2014Chez Nous was an amazing experience. The service was top notch and the food was fresh and prepared to perfection. Considering I only live 10 minutes away from this hidden gem, my only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. Highly recommend, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Beyond ExpectationsGreatFoodLoverDined on 7/12/2014We go to Chez Nous when we are craving wonderful French food & wine. They make celebrations so special. This celebration of our 40th anniversary was amazing. The Muscovy Duckling was truly a treat--so tender, so full of flavors. The salmon of the day was fresh, delicious and had an incredible sauce. No one can beat Chef Stacy's souffles: Chocolate, Grand Marnier, and Passion Fruit-Raspberry. Here's how outstanding Chef Stacy and her staff are: the power on the block went out while we dined. The staff carried on in the hot kitchen wearing headlamps. Though told we couldn't have the chocolate peanut butter beignets we ordered because the fryer was out, chef turned MacGyver and surprised us with warm chocolate balls filled with molten ecstasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first poor experience ever!RestaurantownerdiningoutDined on 7/11/2014I dined with a woman friend for the first time (I usually go with my husband or with him and another couple) and the service was COMPLETELY different. We each had to drive an hour to our respective homes so we decided to forgo the wine and the moment we told our waiter, he DISAPPEARED. My friend's tea never arrived and our order was not taken until the always wonderful Paige noticed. She waited on us through the entire meal and must have apologized at least 10 times. The restaurant was almost empty by the way! The food was exquisite as usual: fabulous foie gras, onion soup, filet mignon, scallops over risotto, creme brûlée and chocolate soufflé. Thanks Paige for being so gracious and attentive and saving our girls' night out!Special Features:
- Delicious and perfect evening!RileyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We dine at Chez Nous at least once a month, and always know we can look forward to meticulously prepared food, impeccable service, and a lovely quiet atmosphere. Friday evening was just such an experience -- how fortunate to have such a special restaurant so close by. Our favorite!Special Features:
- Unmatched ServicedragonladyVIPDined on 6/28/2014My family celebrated my birthday at Chez Nous and it was fabulous. The service is truly unmatched from coast to coast. We've eaten in some of the finest restaurants in this country and abroad but nothing compares. I really want to know what kind of training the wait staff completes because it's not just their serving skills or attention to all of the tiny details. It's their English skills, choice of words and soft voice that make the wait staff of Chez Nous so extraordinary. They remember you, remember your taste in wines so they can make suggestions and have even told us what we ordered last time we dined with them. I realize that's probably stored on a data base but it sure is nice. The food is always fresh, different and exquisite!Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerHuittCPADined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary with dinner at Chez Nous. All courses, the staff and ambience were perfect. I have dined there previously and will always keep this restaurant as a top spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkDavidDined on 6/28/2014Just went to Chez Nous to celebrate birthday last weekend. My last visit was about 3-4 years ago and it was excellent. This time, my overall rating is only 4 stars which was still good but did not impress me as it used to be. The qaulity of wine certainly has gone down. The locaiton is another minus that anyone from Houston will need to drive at least 30-40 mins to get there. I don't think that the quality of food/wine is worth the cost and extra drive. We will not go back any time soon.
- no receiptNeedMyReceiptDined on 6/24/2014The only drawback is that they won't give a detailed receipt. They insisted they would email the receipt the next day but so far that didn't happen. If you plan to expense the meal, then you should reconsider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as goodJudyVIPDined on 6/21/2014We love dining at Chez Nous, but we didn't think the food was up to their usual high quality. Maybe it was because the restaurant was so crowded or the chef just had an off night. We will have to try it again to see if it was just an off night or is the beginning of a pattern of subpar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Never disappointed with Chez Nous! Food, service, and atmosphere were phenomenal and made our night very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014This has been my 3rd visit to Chez Nous over the last 13 years, as it is not close by. The food is always good. We had appetizers, seafood tower and cauliflower soup and main courses of fresh Halibut and Filet au Poive, no dessert. My only critique that I have is about the decor as it needs a little work. In stead of the old charming look, it's just old and out of date in the dining room and bathrooms. A little money spent to change the hokey lamps on some of the tables, artwork, carpet and to bring the bathrooms up to date would be a huge addition and would bring me and my friends back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranDined on 6/10/2014The food and service were excellent. Only suggestion I would make is to add a little soft background music since tables are close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICELIKE2EATOUTDined on 6/7/2014We have dined at Chez Nous a number of times the last several years and have always had great food, service and ambiance. However, this time the service was a little slower than usual and the waiter somewhat aloof and not really friendly.Special Features:
- Came up a bit shortpds3Dined on 6/7/2014We've been going to Chez Nous for years, and will continue to do so, but on this visit they came up a bit short. Wait staff a bit slow and missed basics (pepper on salad, etc.). Rack of lamb severely undercooked while side veggies clearly had been under a heat lamp for an extended period. We'll give it another try - maybe just a bad night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it!PameDined on 6/6/2014Chez Nous has never disappointed us. We often come here for our anniversary, and occasionally "just because" - just because it is always so good. All the food was delicious Friday night, but the Roasted Vegetable Terrine with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Reduction, and the Crepes with Lemon Curd and Blueberry Sauce were exceptionally noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST!RileyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful, skillfully prepared food, with creative specials. Paired with impeccable service and a cozy, quiet, welcoming old-house atmosphere..... Superb! And the only fine dining choice in the northeast Houston area, although Chez Nous can hold its own with the best in Houston.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary spotYadeMiSeDined on 6/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Chez Nous this year. It was the perfect choice. The pomegranate martinis to start off the meal were wonderful - both the sweet and the bitter versions were just right. We did the 5 course chef's table, which is worth every penny. The chef's choices were flavorful, interesting, and well-matched to our likes. We chose to do the wine flight with the meal, and the wines we were presented paired perfectly with the food, and would have tasted just as good standing alone. The service was prompt, polite, and helpful. The overall experience was perfect. As long as you go in understanding that good food comes at a price, you'll love Chez Nous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.