Chez Nous French Restaurant
217 South Avenue G
Humble, TX 77338Neighborhood:
Kingwood / Humble / Atascocita
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Chez Nous French Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cheznousfrenchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (281) 446-6717
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Stacy Simonson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chez Nous offers a wide variety of options. We cater from Corporate Lunches to Dinner Packages for pick up. Call us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Gallery room can host up to 40 guests and as little as 12. Our Bar can host up to 16 guests and is perfect for your smaller discreet business meetings or more intimate celebrations.
Our contemporary French cuisine celebrates each season’s finest ingredients. Whether you are planning a simple 3 course menu or an elaborate 6 course feast, Chef Stacy would be delighted to create a custom menu for you and your guests. Our dedicated team looks forward to helping you plan every detail of your event, from custom seasonal menus, wine pairings, flower arrangements, special desserts/cakes and car/limousine services.
Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Simonson 8776251021
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners
Each month we celebrate a different wine region with an area specific three course meal perfectly paired with some of that regions wines. Check at the beginning of each month to see what Chef Stacy is featuring.
A word from Chez Nous French Restaurant
Chez Nous is a modern French Restaurant where traditional French cuisine meets the needs of the American market. Chez Nous is renowned in its new world interpretation of the Parisian Classics. The seasonal menus are prepared by Chef Stacy Simonson and highlight the fine locally produced ingredients served in an elegant yet comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chez Nous French Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kingwood / Humble / Atascocita ›
Chez Nous French Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (86)neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (50)good for groups (10)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Superb - as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Chez Nous is a real gem. The cuisine is inspired and the staff is truly distinguished. A civilized restaurant for people who wish to converse and enjoy good company in French surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!DaisyDined on 11/22/2014I love this restaurant! They treat you like family! The atmosphere is quiet and great for conversation or romance. The food is the best! Chef Stacy make everything delicious and if you have any food allergies, just tell her in advance and she will work around them for you. My favorite place where everything is wonderful, but never EVER forget to order the shuffle for dessert. You have to order at the beginning as they take a long time to bake. Well worth it! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for that special oocassionLokeVIPDined on 11/21/2014It has been our family venue to celebrate all our birthdays at Chez Nous. Love the escargots. Rack of lamb is to die for. Scallops.....beef .... Creme brulee.....gosh every dish never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!CissyDined on 11/20/2014Recommended by a friend b/c we were looking for French cuisine and they did not disappoint! The finest service, great food, a nice selection on the wine list and a charming décor making this a great place for an elegant romantic evening out or for a small group. I was pleased to see they offer a Prix Fixe Menu with the Chef featuring different entrees each month. We started off with the butternut squash soup & escargot (I highly recommend) My friend had salmon with greens & I had the beef bourguigon with mashed potatoes and an impressive puff pastry of Le Fleur de Lis. I plan on returning for a special event with my hubby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth writing a reviewAnniversaryDined on 11/17/2014I'm not someone who spends time writing reviews unless it is the extremes of either side of the scale. In this case, Chez Nous was so incredibly good, I had to write about it. Hands down one of the best dinners my wife and I have ever had in our life. We could not eat again until dinner the next day because we were so full. We couldn't stop eating. Recommend the escargots, salmon, and creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsSteveDined on 11/17/2014My Daughter's Favorite for all Special Occasions. We go a few times a year and it is always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for birthdaysSuperDDined on 11/13/2014Chose for my birthday celebration. Showed the Captain proof that it was in fact my birthday. Ordered lavishly and tipped well. After the meal was complete, realized that absolutely nothing had been done or provided in recognition of the birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1NelsonVIPDined on 11/10/2014This is our #1 favorite restaurant in Houston, even if it is in Humble. If you want to get waited on and served, this is your place. Daniel took very good care of this evening. I had the beef bourguignon which was just wonderful on a cool evening. Had the chef's special wagyu-stuffed ravioli for an appetizer. Delightful. Split a grand marnier souffle' at the end. Some restaurants have great service and mediocre food; some have great food and mediocre service. Chez Nous has great food, great service, and rightfully deserves it's #1 ranking.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining!RileyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Consistently outstanding food and service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- RushedRandRVIPDined on 11/7/2014We were a little disappointed with the "push" to order, then the entree came immediately after we took our last spoonful of soup. As soon as the entree was served we were asked about ordering our desert as it could take up to twenty minutes. We were there with clients to have an enjoyable relaxing meal and we told our server we were not in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Scott and are great host. His wine list and knowledge is extensive and the wine he recommended was excellent. This is my 4th visit and the food has always been oustanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!DeDeDined on 11/4/2014Always very good food, always great service. My beef "stew" bourgnone was a bit lacking in spice/flavor, but Larry's rolled chicken with pork was great as well as the squash soup, salad and desserts! The staff and atmosphere always makes this restaurant superb!Special Features:
- So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This is our go to place for a special meal. The staff is so welcoming and the food is always perfect. We enjoy trying new things as well as our established favorites.Special Features:
- Romantic date night!AmberkeyDined on 11/1/2014I took my boyfriend for his birthday, such a romantic date. Food and wine were on-point!Special Features:
- Great foodDaisyDined on 10/31/2014Chef Stacie always gets it right! What a wonderful Halloween feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place for celebrating special occasions.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Chez Nous is my first choice for a place to celebrate that special occasion, what ever it may be. Their service and the ambiance is second to none!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for any occasionkingwood25Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent food and service. Chef Stacy has a seasonal menu that is guaranteed to please. A bite of he pumpkin cheesecake followed by a sip of coffee led me to the most perfect autumn day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must!!quiltercookVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have been frequent and loyal patrons of Chez Nous for over 20 years. The ambiance is not a fluke, the exemplar quality of the food and attentive service is all evidence of the husband/wife owners passion for their craft. She the Chef, and he the manager and wine expert. The specials are always in line with seasonal availabilty, and always creative. The regular menu is full of lucious choices. Their Foie Gras is the best anywhere!! And you must experience their soufflés! I would eat here every week if I could!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014We have been dining at Chez Nous for 15 years and Monday 10/6/14 was the first time I was disappointed in the food. The wait staff was as attentive as always however the kitchen staff was definitely having an off night. The crab tower appetizer was extremely watery and under seasoned and the vegetables and mashed potatoes that came with the rack of lamb were cold. There were only 5 tables being served while we were there so I am confused as to why the kitchen staff was having a hard time getting what is usually delicious food to the table. Normally we would let the staff know about any issues in real time, but we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and did not want to dampen the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddragonladyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Have dined here many times and have never been disappointment until now. It appeared that the entire wait staff was new and had most assuredly not been trained with the same refinement that Chez Nous wait staff is known for. The most annoying was a very tall, skinny kid (an extra wait staff) RUNNING around the small restaurant ALL night long. Chez Nous has always had waiters who are barely noticeable but quietly sneak in to take care of your every need. Our assigned waiter was pitiful. Had to flag him down to get our order, bread, AND take the dirty dishes. He & the skinny kid kept pacing in front of our table LOOKING at empty bread plates, dirty dishes etc... and NEVER did anything without being asked. Food was NOT the same quality either.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningBusdineDined on 10/3/2014The food, ambiance, and service was impeccable! The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet enough to carry a good conversation while enjoying the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!greatVIPDined on 10/1/2014This place is outstanding! The food is great and the service is top notch. We went there even though we had just gotten back from France, and it is very much like France. I do wish they just served the bread warm, rather than you having to ask for it. Still, everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Chez Nous DinnerGG01Dined on 9/27/2014Chez Nous is an an excellent French-inspired restaurant in an older house in Humble Texas. The menu has a group of long time standards plus a seasonal group of special fares. Excellent food from Chef Tracey and company. Service is excellent with attentive waiters and management. This is a must-go-to restaurant if you like French cuisine or wish to try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I both really enjoyed the restaurant and service. It couldn't have been any better. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab French food near HoustonWonderWomanVIPDined on 9/27/2014We could have eaten every appetizer on the menu, but it's getting hard to find a crab, avocado, mango tower. And how I love an inspiring soup. Long ago, my first time as a foodie was the pleasant surprise of a cold soup on a hot, summer day. (I'd never before had a soup that was meant to be served cold.) Three in the same bowl is a real treat. Chez Nous triggered fond memories for this connoisseuse of world-class food. The seasonal steak special is delicious. The service is excellent. The dessert cart is exciting. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Spot!OuttaTownerDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful, slow tempo dinner at Chez Nous. It is not our first time there and it has never disappointed. Be sure to get the souffle for dessert, either one or the trio. Chateaubriand didn't disappoint either. We have always had good means and attentive service.Special Features:
- mealhoundDined on 9/27/2014extremely welcoming. friendly without being cloying. diner is thankfully spared the names of the waitstaff. food is the central reason to dine here. regular menu is great, specials are often over the top good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteBeyondtheloopDined on 9/20/2014always great food and wine. Seasonal flavors infused in many of the dishes makes dining here a tasteful treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Always has excellent food and impeccable service in a quiet, charming venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 years and still fabulous!RileyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful dinner, as always. Very special dining experience, with outstanding food, impeccable service, in a cozy, inviting setting. Our favorite restaurant! Chez Nous is celebrating their 30th year of offering fine dining, and is as special and delicious as ever. Fresh and innovative French inspired menu items, skillfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The best dinning experience. The guest is attended to from the time you walk in. Impeccable service, elegant atmosphere and food that will bring your tastebuds to life. Top awards to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary experienceFafa10Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I had our one year anniversary and had heard this was a great spot to go for something that unique! It started off a little awkward with the waitress not introducing us to her name. I didn't know what to call her all night. But soon after that she brought the wine list, dinner menu; she presented everything quite well. Food was amazing, I had the "Bistro fillet" which I recommend and she had the duck. Quite possibly the best duck dish all around I've ever tried. goat cheese salad was amazing while she (my significant other) had the vanilla bean vin. Which were incredible. For dessert, they went a step further and gave us complimentary sparkling wine and wrote happy anniversary on our dessert. It was quite the incredible night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!ilovegoodfoodDined on 9/15/2014I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in making our dining experience memorable. Special thanks to Dave for his assistance. My son and I thoroughly enjoyed the Chef's table d'hote. All the courses including wine pairings were delicious. The Chef is outstanding! The waitstaff was very attentive, but not overbearing. Amazing dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in the NeighborhoodFun4MeDined on 9/15/2014A charming little house set in a seemly safe neighborhood about 15 minutes from the Marriott Hotel at the George Bush International Airport in the town of Humble ... it's a wonderful find that's been there for 30 years ... very friendly and accommodating service ... cute atmosphere ... a great place to go between International flights or if you've just landed and are hungry for some authentic French-style food ... the appetizers were excellent: Crab Tower and French Onion Soup ... the Main Course: Scallops and the Rack of Lamb (a bit over cooked for my taste but they offered to cook another one and ended up not charging for it ... very classy) ... I'd return again for sure.Special Features:
- AwesomeLexusSnobDined on 9/15/2014This diamond in the rough is a wonderful place to dine, food was excellent, service was very professional and never had to wait. Atmosphere is wonderful, my Wife loved it. Look forward to coming back soonSpecial Features:
- Perfect for B-day Dinners!suzelin6Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, ambiance, and service! Perfect for birthday and anniversary dinners!Special Features:
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Private party in the back with small children. The children were loud. It was fine after they left. The food and service more than made up for it. I will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail2WonderfulDined on 9/13/2014This was my first visit. I was impressed with the awesome food and impeccable professionalism. One thing that was quite notable was the attention to detail. I was treated as a very special guest (even though I was alone).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best French restaurantsabelsDined on 9/12/2014I've traveled around Europe from west to east and back. The French really know how to make food not only taste good, but an event worth remembering. Having eaten at French restaurants in the Riviera, I have longed to have that same experience here in the States. Chez Nous definitely has provided my wife and I with those memories. Delicious food, excellent service, and amazing presentation. A gem in Humble Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating three birthdays and picked Chez Nous for its great food and atmosphere. The rack of lamb was fantastic and my wife's Diver Scallops were great. The service was impeccable and timely. Each dish was a beautiful presentation of its own.We were not rushed at all. At the end of the meal the birthday people were presented with a birthday desert. A nice ending to a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.