Chez ma grosse truie chérie
Montreal, QC H2K1T5Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Chez ma grosse truie chérie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezmagrossetruiecherie.com/
- Phone: 5145228784
- Hours of Operation:
Diner: Mardi - Samedi: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Ethier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Papineau
- Public Transit: * Métro Papineau "Ligne Verte" * Bus 45, 10, 125
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: From Ontario street, take the little street call Goulet just after the restaurant, go at the end of the alley, park your car in the parking lot. Otherwise, there is plenty of parking on Papineau street for the price of the parking meter.
A word from Chez ma grosse truie chérie
The Montreal restaurant Chez Ma Grosse Truie Chérie invite you to discover its formulas "HAPPY HOURS" et "TABLE D'HOTE" at very competitive prices. The large heated terrace of our restaurant will surprise you with its urban wall well away from traffic. With it's large convenient tables, Chez Ma Grosse Truie Chérie is the perfect Montreal restaurant Ideal for your groups, Christmas parties, and birthdays and anything that rhymes with party with friends. Lovers are not left out, because two more intimate rooms are ready to welcome them for dinner one-on-one. We invite you to join one of the most beautiful spots in Montreal. A la carte menu, rosé cider, signature cocktails, wines from Quebec and appetizers are the delight of the guests who delight in an eclectic and heady atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez ma grosse truie chérie reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing and service was impeccable! Always a great time at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent cookingEmilieDined on 8/7/2014The food is incredible, especially the "foie gras" and the duck. Really delicious and not too expensive. The waiters are kind.Special Features:
- Great dinner 4 summer night terraceRemdogDined on 7/18/2014If you like pig, this is the place! They do every part of the pig, and its all delicious! Don't worry vegetarians, they also have gnnochi (bizarre to find this at the end of their menu, but assume that's why they have it?!).Special Features:
- Bon repas mais un peu cherRouxyDined on 6/21/2014Excellente bavette de boeuf ainsi que les frites au parmesant. Par contre, la carte est un peu chère (180$ pour 2). Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle découverte!BromontoisDined on 6/17/2014Serveur attentionné et professionnel, décor jeune et branché... excellents plats, un beau mélange de saveurs et fraîcheur! Beau menu et bon rapport qualité/prix. Belle variété de vin québécois et d'ailleurs... C'est un endroit agréable entre amis, pour prendre un verre. Un endroit à recommander!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Chez ma grosse truie chérie reviews archive.
- Took some colleagues hereFoodieatheartDined on 3/22/2014Took some colleagues here that were visiting from France. We all loved our meals from start to finish, the foie gras was delicious and the duck cooked the way it should be (medium rare). The service was very good with a knowledgeable waiter. Great wine selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon service, bonne ambiance,kallisteDined on 3/13/2014Bon service, bonne ambiance, bonne bouffe et bons cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the hypeGuppyVIPDined on 2/15/20145 star prices demand 5 star food quality. The food here was just okay, certainly not 5 star. Fois Gras was not deceranble from fried liver. 2 people had the pork wellington and the quality of the two servings was very different. One was good, the other dry and overcooked. The wait staff was excellent in trying to make it right with a replacement, but this should not happen in the first place.
- Not romantic but still perfect!MunchTimeDined on 2/14/2014First, I didn't know what the name of the restaurant actually translated to in English, so when I told my girlfriend that this is where we were going for Valentine's Day she laughed. After the laughter stopped and we took our seats we were greeted by Simon. Simon was a very friendly Parisian that made our night very enjoyable. The place was very busy being Valentine's Day so there was considerable time between courses, but you needed this time to make room for the food. It's rich and delicious. The wine selection was almost overwhelming but nice. We will be returning on a regular night to try the regular menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ni chaud ni froid!JubikiniDined on 1/17/2014L'ambiance, les serveurs, le menu et mon plat principal... Ni chaud ni froid :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner once again!CyntiaDined on 1/17/2014I really love this place. Food is good, service is perfect! They just changed the menu, I was a little sad not to find the boudin on the menu, but wellll there's many new options that looks delicious! Would recommand it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 13 out of 14 ppl had no complaints!EdouardDined on 12/27/2013The only two issues we encountered were: 1. A little lack of space on the table, since we were a group of 14, ppl at the ends had no leg room, and those on the corner had one elbow outside of the table. But we were still able to enjoy our meals without thinking about it too much! 2. The vegetarian plate was not served as described in the menu, it seems that the sauce was wrong, and there were no asparagus either... But the diner still enjoyed her meal! And lets not forget that this is not the specialty here!! I had the plateau de cochonaille, loved it, and the pork chop, also very good, saw some ppl have the ribs, wow, what a great rack they got, and fall off the bone too!! Way better than the Keg in Laval, for the same price.Special Features:
- We went with my wife on ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013We went with my wife on Christmas eve. Food was good and service excellent. The food was tasty but not too heavy. Music was a little too loud though.Special Features:
- very goodJPParentDined on 12/21/2013we both ordered the ribs and they were fall off the bones good. The salad that came with it was outstanding and the parmesan fries delicious. It coul dhave been warmer as a plate though. We took the creme brulé for dessert and it is one of the best I have ever had. Service was nice and not too over bearing which we appreacited. We went a snowstorm nigh so there were not too many people in which was fine with us. this place is made for groups as the tables are 6 and up in the number of seats. on a busy night might be an experience to dine with other folks you dont know but could also be a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Correct serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2013Nous étions pressés et le service fut fait en fonction de notre heure de départ prévue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork, more pork, and some fois grasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2013For appetizers, we ordered the foie gras served with some dark berry sauce on top of home made toasted brioche (the chef's foie gras appetizer) and an assortment of dried/cured pork items. Both very good; I preferred the foie gras (of course). Main course: the whole hog: rack of baby back spare ribs (very tender, very good sauce), 1-inch thick pork chops (surprisingly tender and juicy), steamed/boiled pork hocks (very soft meat; I would've preferred crispier skin), parmesan fries, and steamed vegetables (carrots, green beans, turnips, yellow beets, and brussel sprouts). The chai tea creme brulee was incredible (large portion, very flavourful); disappointed with the sundae: not enough ice cream, and not enough sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good vibeJonathanPDined on 11/23/2013Our group went to this restaurant on a Saturday night. The place was very busy but the service was of an okay speed. The waiter was very busy but took the time to go through the whole table d'hote and answer all our questions. Always served us with a smile and was very welcoming. The food was good, we took the pork platter which was for 4 people (could feed 5 if you have appetizers). It was delicious, the pork was tasty and nicely spiced. Very moist and perfectly cooked. The chocolate half-cooked cake (lava cake) was amazing, and so was the parfait de la truie. All in all, a fun place, we all enjoyed and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Gem!TeatimedVIPDined on 11/22/2013I absolutely loved the atmosphere, the food and the wine. Great place to go for a party with friends.Special Features:
- SatisfactionVirgo458Dined on 11/9/2013Pour une première visite à ce restaurant, toutes nos attentes ont été comblés. Nous n'étions pas obligé de nous crier pour parler, le fond sonore était parfait. La tenue des serveurs était super. Beaucoup de professionnaliste dans le service du début à la fin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingRljbDined on 10/18/2013Interesting decor, from recycled materials. Food was excellent! Everything from the pig...and other animals, duck, beef... However, despite having a reservation, we were squeezed in at a table on a podium (I was on a barstool chair, with my wife on a regular chair). This table was squeezed in between 3 other tables (side by side). I was closer to my neighbor than my wife. I could actually have reached over to grab our neighbors' food and drinks. It was hard to carry on a conversation with my wife without hearing our neighbors conversations.Special Features:
- Great food, great service !FatcatDined on 10/12/2013You'll find great choices on the menu. If you have food restriction or allergies, the menu indicates whether a dish contains gluten, lactose etc. Waiter will assist you with your choices. Great choice of wines and special drinks. Third time and still not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Th food is really good andJulieDined on 10/5/2013Th food is really good and the service is simply impeccable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I was expecting.NousVIPDined on 10/3/2013Not as good as I was expecting. The food taste good but the execution is not good.Special Features:
- Don't book for a party or grouplinzeeDined on 9/14/2013Our reservation was made well in advance. We arrived for our 8:30 reservation on time and did not receive our meals until shortly after 11:00pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le gar français est pas poliRujimDined on 7/25/2013Je suis vrm déçu, hier soir je suis aller célébrer avec ma blonde qqch important a nous deux et le service avec le serveur québécois était super bien , mais a la fin pour payer un gar français a dit au serveur québécois de nous dire d'aller au guichet ATM car le machine a eux ça fonction plus et qu' il faut payer cash en plus c'était 23:45 déjà parce qu'il a essayer 5 fois alors on est aller chercher de l'argent et en revenant le français nous donne juste un petit verre de cidre WTF !! On est aller marche , on se déplace et on est revenu pour payer !! Au moins un certificat pour la prochaine visite mais quand j'ai dit au français a joke : Puis on va avoir une petite rabais off a la prochaine visite ? Le français il a dit:passe unebellesioreSpecial Features:
- Expensive and worth itIanyslemDined on 7/10/2013Quality of food is excellent, ambience, service, menu everything is awesome. I don't go there often because of the price wich is quite high but worth it. Never had to complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013Great food and great ambience! La truie ne me déçoit jamais :-)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second time andBeaver114Dined on 6/25/2013This was my second time and frankly, i don't think i'll return. The waiter seem to not be there. we've had to ask him by three time to get all the menu card and the the cocktail card. It was really not a good service and we seem each time to disturb him. And the noice...we even cannot stand a conversation..I'm generally not the one who gonna make complains but I don't think i will return.
- Great expérience at allOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2013Good food.... Good service.... When you try this place you Will adopt it and you just want to comeback as soin as possible to try other plate :). If it's tour first Time, try the ribs !!! The best ribs ever !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing...exactly what we expected!JamieDined on 5/24/2013We had always passed by this restaurant and were very interested in trying it out. We initially reserved for 10 people, but when our party grew to 16, they were very accommodating. The waiters were hilarious and joined in on the fun of the birthday party. The service was quick, the food was deliciously amazing, the atmosphere was fun and we all had a good time. Will definitely be coming back. We recommend the "whole hog dinner" if you are a group of 4+. Everyone should try it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Resto and awesome servicekiwimalteserDined on 5/17/2013This was our 3rd time and the 1st time for the rest of the group at Ma Grosse Truie Chérie, we were there to celebrate 3 birthdays and we had the private room for 12. We had an amazing time and we loved the food. Julien (server) provides a unique and great service he truly makes it worth while. I definitely recommend this place for any type of event even if you are just two!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nous étions, 2 couples & avonsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013Nous étions, 2 couples & avons passés une super belle soirée Chez ma grosse truie chérie. Nous avons débuté avec l'excellente salade de roquette et poursuivit avec le plat de cochonaille à partager; succulent mais un peu gras. Les tables hautes et les tabourets à dossier rendent l'ambiance très conviviale et le plat de cochonaille servit dans une immence plat de service rouge au centre de la table nous fait sentir spécial lorsqu'on nous le sert. Notre serveur était super sympa et nous a suggéré un excellent vinSpecial Features:
- Great food, great great service!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Great food, great great service!!!!! Would definitely go back and recommend. If you take wine by the glass, the portions are pretty small; this would be my only negative comment...Special Features:
- Great décor & food, friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Ambiance: Wonderful! Decor has this very cool industrial-chic look to it. They have big long tables that seat 6 - 12 people, therefore it's great for groups. If you're looking for romance, it might not be the place as you will probably be seated with other people (they only have a select few 2 seater spots). Food/Drink: Great. A few of us had the Salmon which was amazing, my husband had the Rabbit (stuffed with ham I believe) - again very good! I had the Angus steak - divine! Very good wine list, and a few cocktail specials that were very inventive. The Pig Lady was yummy, and the St. Patty's day cocktail was quite a hit with our group.Special Features:
- 5 star !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2013Simply Amazing! Great decor, decadent food, outstanding service. I loved the music, too. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- 5 Stars @ 4 stars price!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We went to Chez ma grosse truie chérie for Valentines day and we had a wonderful time! The food was perfect, everything was great. The wine selection is a private importation only wich is great for wine lovers. The staff is very friendly and add to the experience. Overall we we be back at La grosse truie many times! Long live!Special Features:
- Good food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I went there on valentine's day but don't I wait almost 2 hours before I get my plate The services was way to longSpecial Features:
- I was my first time at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013I was my first time at this restaurant. It was expensive... but well worth every pennies!!! Great food. Great beer. Great service!Special Features:
- Nous avons passé une trèsmodufourDined on 2/14/2013Nous avons passé une très belle soirée de St-Valentin! Le resto était bien décore pour l'occasion. La nourriture était parfaitement décadente! :) Nous reviendront! Merci! La seule chose... Nous avoue trouvé étrange de passer à travers la cuisine pour accéder à la deuxième salle a diner... Mais intéressant en même temps... :)Special Features:
- Bon resto, bruit énergétiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Bon resto, bruit énergétique mais ok, ambiance Service lent mais très gentil... Entrée ok et plat superbe! Bon sunday pour terminer Côtes levées les meilleures en ville! A refaireSpecial Features: