308 Lenox Avenue at 125 street
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezlucienne.com/
- Phone: (212) 289-5555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2am - Brunch Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater for parties of 5 to 100. We rent the restaurant (or part of it)and provide outside catering. We also have discounted group menus for 10 or more for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner at the restaurant or for delivery. We are now offering Corporate Accounts.
- Private Party Facilities: We rent out the full restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Alain Chevreux 917-570-5216 x
- Entertainment: CHEZ LUCIENNE WAS VOTED RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS IN THE 2011 MICHELIN GUIDE
ZAGAT RATED: FOOD-22 SERVICE-20
FEEL THE HARLEM SPIRIT ON THE WEEKENDS AT CHEZ LUCIENNE
A word from Chez Lucienne
We welcome you to Chez Lucienne bistro, the first authentic restaurant in Harlem where you will find signature French Classics with a touch of Provence. The front bar is perfect for cocktails before dinner where patrons will mingle like good friends in an upbeat ambiance. We have an exciting wine list with a fun cocktail program. Join us for mouth watering dishes such as Moules frites made 5 different ways, Bavette a l’echalotte, homemade Sausages, Saumon roti Moutarde grilled to perfection. Chez Lucienne’s dining is convivial with a friendly service and delicious food made with premium ingredients. The décor is warm with brick and mirrored walls, ceiling fans and dimmed romantic lighting, reminiscing of Colonial era. The bistro is in the heart of Harlem with its vibrant energy and history. Come for live music every saturday night (no cover) We have great bands every week, you will be dancing in your seat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Lucienne reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (15)romantic (13)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/24/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant with classic French bistro-style food. The food is surprisingly good for the price, and the staff could not be nicer. Arrived on Monday night to find, to my surprise, that it was "Steak Night". There was a hangar steak -- again, surprisingly good -- with a choice of a number of other cuts, including rib eye and filet mignon, and a choice of sauces, including au poivre and red wine. A decent frisee to start. Everyone loved the meal and the ambience. This restaurant is right next door to the Red Rooster. It doesn't achieve the culinary comfort food heights of that restaurant, but is a lot less frenetic and has its own decidedly distinct charms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a faveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014This is my second time enjoying brunch at Chez Lucien and again they were incredible. The food is spot on, the service attentive, yet unobtrusive. and the atmosphere was great for friends excitedly catching up. My favorites are the Mussels and Fries and the Croque Madame! SO GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Overall, it was a great experience. The onion soup was a little sweet, but the mussels and fries I had were very tasty. Good wine options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in HarlemTaniaDined on 11/8/2014We have been here twice, and will go back soon! We love the atmosphere, very cheerful, very mixed crowd-- age-wise, ethnicity-wise; which makes it so much more fun. The live music is fantastic, (I have seen 2 different bands, both funk and soul) and the food was quite delicious. Great for a fun night.Special Features:
- Chez Lucienne/Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Chez Lucienne offers many great options for brunch, the atmosphere is pleasant and customer service pretty solid.Special Features:
- Really nice venueLolaVIPDined on 10/31/2014Food was delicious with generous portions. Waitstaff very attentive. Ambience was cozy.Special Features:
- Unique FindnycdinefinderDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is a real neighborhood gem. A great experience once again. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidGreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 10/22/2014Try the seafood pasta! It's not on the menu! This is my regular spot and they really do appreciate and take care of you! The food is quality and the service is friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get a better chefnitseyVIPDined on 10/22/2014ordered onion soup which was watery and tasteless and then the lardon salad which was full of croutons, too much frissee, sparse and tasteless as well....waiter knew nothing about bar inquiries and hardly the menu....the entire evening was very unprofessional....oh and then they charged for $2.00 for 4 tiny olives for the drink....but afterwards removed the charge when we complained.Special Features:
- Wait staff always so friendlyTrabagDined on 10/12/2014They have changed/expanded their menu, which is nice. Staff is always so friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MyFavoriteThingsVIPDined on 10/3/2014The service was not great. I had to continuously call Jenny over to get our food when it was ready and she never came over to ask if we wanted dessert, however, I did hear her ask the table near us.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedBonefinderVIPDined on 9/21/2014We came here last year when we stayed in Harlem and loved it. Decided to return this year but unfortunately, we were a bit disappointed. Food was decent, not spectacular. Thai curry broth on mussels was a bit heavy. Service was very marginal. The initial waiter we had was great. Sorry we did not catch his name. The follow up waitperson was marginally interested in much of anything. We had to wave him down for the simplest of things, even bar refills. Will have to rethink returning here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Harlemtommytune66Dined on 9/20/2014Came for our anniversary Sat. Night and caught nice old school Rn Bshow by Stacia & her band Free. Lots of fun and good positive vibes but the staff was just absolute top shelf making it a great night!! One of the best nights we have had in some time. Chez Lucienne really gets it, attracted some veteran club folks like ourselves with great service, great entrees and attention to details. Leaving Lucienne's, the forever-touted Red Rooster looked like a sad alternative. We are hooked on your spot. A winner 4 sure.Special Features:
- Always ReliableLivCloseByVIPDined on 9/20/2014We live nearby and go to Chez Lucienne often. The food is great and the location perfect. Love the onion soup burger.Special Features:
- Nice go to spotTonyDined on 9/10/2014Made a reservation two hours before and was accommodated. I ordered the skirt steak and my wife ordered the pasta seafood combo. She loved her dish. I order a side of spinach which I thought was really small for five dollars but overall the meal was good. We plan to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlisonDined on 9/7/2014Good food and friendly staff. My friend was new to Harlem and found the restaurant to be comparable to others in UES, Midtown and downtown.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerDrsteveDined on 8/30/2014I discovered this restaurant sometime after it opened. That was before I moved into the neighborhood. But I went there often sometimes with the same people and sometimes introducing my friends to the place. Now that I live 8 blocks away, I am there more often. They are very accommodating. If my reservation is at a table I don't particularly like, they will often change it. The food is usually spot on. I am a bit boring and often order the same thing. But luckily my friends order other things on the menu and I get to taste theirs. If you drink, I really don't, order one of their speciality drinks. Creative and great tasting. And if you go there for brunch, order a Bloody Mary. The best in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- a neighborhood favoriteChantboyVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have lunch here once or twice a week. It's one of three excellent choices near 125th and Lenox, along with Corner Social (better bar) and Red Rooster (more expensive). Consistently excellent food and I've managed to train the bar staff to make a proper vodka martini.Special Features:
- Excellent bistrordrdDined on 8/25/2014This has been an extremely reliable spot for frequent visitors to our area. This time we hosted old friends from Kobe, Japan and their family on their first visit to NY. All of us had outstanding meals and the ambiance and service enhanced the experience. We'll continue to go back.Special Features:
- A Good Neighborhood PlaceLivCloseByVIPDined on 8/24/2014Chwz Lucienne was the first to locate on this stretch of Lenox. It has continued to be a popular spot for dining and deservedly so. Consistent good food, especially the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience here!AngieQVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was great as per usual! Staff could use a little bit more pizzazz, but they are courteous. Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive (loved that she spoke French!) The host was a little unprofessional and did not know about the OpenTable gift card that we used and was slightly panicking about it (ended up being fine though).Special Features:
- Lunch with my friendBianca9253VIPDined on 8/14/2014We had great service and arrived at noon. By the time we left at 2pm the place was packed. We never felt rushed and the food was delicious. I had a Turkey burger and it was seasoned delightfully. I am going back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would returnCranberryDined on 8/9/2014Love the ambiance. Great coffee! Brunch is way better than dinner.Special Features:
- Oh The MusselsGreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 8/6/2014I've not had all three flavors offered on the mussels. The are all delicious! But the Dijonaise is my fave!!!!Special Features:
- lovely surprisebligDined on 8/3/2014We were recommended to this Harlem bistro and had a lovely brunch there on a Sunday morning. It was still early, so it was still quiet and the wait staff was most cordial. Good food, well prepared and excellent coffee. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- The following 531 reviews are from the Chez Lucienne reviews archive.
- One Of Harlems BESTGreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 7/27/2014Dining here never goes amiss. Great food. Cute ambiance. Friendly! I heart this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better this time aroundRacistDined on 7/25/2014I have been here many times before. Sometimes with this place it's a hit or miss and this time I think it was a hit. The service was much better this time around and the wait staff was very informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant Gone BadBillyBoyBLVIPDined on 7/25/2014What happened? This use to be our favorite local French spot for great food. Now, not so much. Horrible changes to the menu turned a lot of the regulars away. Last time we were there, it was a ghost town and STILL the service was horrible.
- Had a wonderful time!SealoveDined on 7/25/2014Last Friday 8/18/14 my girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at our table on the sidewalk. We don't get to see each other often and had lots to catch up on. Very energetic Lenox Avenue vibe--lots of people to watch. Food was delicious, especially the classic mussels dish!!! Took home the broth and two lone mussels to savor the next morning. Wait staff helpful, but not too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez LuciennemnbnycVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is a neat French bistro in a lively part of Harlem with good food and service. I have been there several times and never had a bad meal there.Special Features:
- Disappointing food- fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014I dined at Chez Lucienne for the first time on Friday night w a friend and found it to be a mediocre experience. On a scale of 1-10, I rate the food 5.5. We ordered the calamari appetizer which was pretty good, I had the salmon burger and my friend had mussels. The salmon burger was terrible it did not taste fresh, my friends mussels were just okay. What I found interesting is our waitress noticed I did not eat my burger I conveyed my feelings to her, nothing happened. A smart move would have been to offer free coffee or a desert! Fortunately the service was personable and I score a 9 for atmosphere. It was a fun experience but I would not return. if you expect good food, don't waste your time.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experienceKameleonVIPDined on 7/16/2014A great local restaurant, good price, excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonathanJHBNYC1VIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was good, but service was very slow. It took over 40 minutes for our food to come to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Harlem FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014This spot is consistently GREAT! You walk in and immediately feel the warmth of a real french bistro. The food and service has always been spot on! I try to steer away from the mussels & frites in the thai-lemongrass broth but I'm absolutely addicted. And even though they are no longer offered on the menu, the kitchen always manages to quench my thirst for them =D And dont leave without trying the vanilla macadamia ice cream. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a new treasure to find.kayleVIPDined on 7/12/2014The service was perfect, the food delicious, and the entire restaurant staff gracious.Special Features:
- A must tryGiannaDined on 7/7/2014I went to this restaurant last night with my husband and our 2 friends we are on holidays from Australia we wanted a great place to go to on our final night in NYC googled restaurants and found this had a great write up and it lived up to expectations. The only down side were the staff no personality what so ever need to lighten up guys put a smile on those faces or you are in the wrong trade. Food was amazing and the wines we chose where great, so over all a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 6/30/2014Always a nice time. And delicous food, cooked perfectly with flavor to please!Special Features:
- okayBasWillDined on 6/29/2014We sat outside for a Sunday Brunch in June. Outside is nice, but the ambience leaves much to be desired when Red Rooster is bustling at 1045am and it's only 5 people total where you are. The food was okay. Our waiter was 1 week into his job, so we gave him a break. There are these beetle-looking bats that were just a pest the entire time. I must have killed 5. I wonder if it was because of the plants right behind us. The food was decent. Beware, although the menu says "scramble", they only mean scrambled eggs. Not a skillet scramble. The scrambled eggs are perfect, but it would have been nice to know that before I ordered them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LosatDined on 6/26/2014The wait staff is extremely attentive and friendly. The food was good, not great. Really nice atmosphere and a nice place to catch up with a friendSpecial Features: