308 Lenox Avenue at 125 street
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezlucienne.com/
- Phone: 2122895555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2am - Brunch Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater for parties of 5 to 100. We rent the restaurant (or part of it)and provide outside catering. We also have discounted group menus for 10 or more for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner at the restaurant or for delivery. We are now offering Corporate Accounts.
- Private Party Facilities: We rent out the full restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Alain Chevreux 917-570-5216 x
- Entertainment: CHEZ LUCIENNE WAS VOTED RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS IN THE 2011 MICHELIN GUIDE
ZAGAT RATED: FOOD-22 SERVICE-20
FEEL THE HARLEM SPIRIT ON THE WEEKENDS AT CHEZ LUCIENNE
A word from Chez Lucienne
We welcome you to Chez Lucienne bistro, the first authentic restaurant in Harlem where you will find signature French Classics with a touch of Provence. The front bar is perfect for cocktails before dinner where patrons will mingle like good friends in an upbeat ambiance. We have an exciting wine list with a fun cocktail program. Join us for mouth watering dishes such as Moules frites made 5 different ways, Bavette a l’echalotte, homemade Sausages, Saumon roti Moutarde grilled to perfection. Chez Lucienne’s dining is convivial with a friendly service and delicious food made with premium ingredients. The décor is warm with brick and mirrored walls, ceiling fans and dimmed romantic lighting, reminiscing of Colonial era. The bistro is in the heart of Harlem with its vibrant energy and history. Come for live music every saturday night (no cover) We have great bands every week, you will be dancing in your seat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Lucienne reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (27)great for brunch (18)late-night find (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (11)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)special occasion (7)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice go to spotTonyDined on 9/10/2014Made a reservation two hours before and was accommodated. I ordered the skirt steak and my wife ordered the pasta seafood combo. She loved her dish. I order a side of spinach which I thought was really small for five dollars but overall the meal was good. We plan to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlisonDined on 9/7/2014Good food and friendly staff. My friend was new to Harlem and found the restaurant to be comparable to others in UES, Midtown and downtown.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerDrsteveDined on 8/30/2014I discovered this restaurant sometime after it opened. That was before I moved into the neighborhood. But I went there often sometimes with the same people and sometimes introducing my friends to the place. Now that I live 8 blocks away, I am there more often. They are very accommodating. If my reservation is at a table I don't particularly like, they will often change it. The food is usually spot on. I am a bit boring and often order the same thing. But luckily my friends order other things on the menu and I get to taste theirs. If you drink, I really don't, order one of their speciality drinks. Creative and great tasting. And if you go there for brunch, order a Bloody Mary. The best in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- a neighborhood favoriteChantboyVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have lunch here once or twice a week. It's one of three excellent choices near 125th and Lenox, along with Corner Social (better bar) and Red Rooster (more expensive). Consistently excellent food and I've managed to train the bar staff to make a proper vodka martini.Special Features:
- Excellent bistrordrdDined on 8/25/2014This has been an extremely reliable spot for frequent visitors to our area. This time we hosted old friends from Kobe, Japan and their family on their first visit to NY. All of us had outstanding meals and the ambiance and service enhanced the experience. We'll continue to go back.Special Features:
- A Good Neighborhood PlaceLivCloseByVIPDined on 8/24/2014Chwz Lucienne was the first to locate on this stretch of Lenox. It has continued to be a popular spot for dining and deservedly so. Consistent good food, especially the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience here!AngieQVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was great as per usual! Staff could use a little bit more pizzazz, but they are courteous. Thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive (loved that she spoke French!) The host was a little unprofessional and did not know about the OpenTable gift card that we used and was slightly panicking about it (ended up being fine though).Special Features:
- Lunch with my friendBianca9253VIPDined on 8/14/2014We had great service and arrived at noon. By the time we left at 2pm the place was packed. We never felt rushed and the food was delicious. I had a Turkey burger and it was seasoned delightfully. I am going back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would returnCranberryDined on 8/9/2014Love the ambiance. Great coffee! Brunch is way better than dinner.Special Features:
- Oh The MusselsGreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 8/6/2014I've not had all three flavors offered on the mussels. The are all delicious! But the Dijonaise is my fave!!!!Special Features:
- lovely surprisebligDined on 8/3/2014We were recommended to this Harlem bistro and had a lovely brunch there on a Sunday morning. It was still early, so it was still quiet and the wait staff was most cordial. Good food, well prepared and excellent coffee. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- One Of Harlems BESTGreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 7/27/2014Dining here never goes amiss. Great food. Cute ambiance. Friendly! I heart this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better this time aroundRacistDined on 7/25/2014I have been here many times before. Sometimes with this place it's a hit or miss and this time I think it was a hit. The service was much better this time around and the wait staff was very informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful time!SealoveDined on 7/25/2014Last Friday 8/18/14 my girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at our table on the sidewalk. We don't get to see each other often and had lots to catch up on. Very energetic Lenox Avenue vibe--lots of people to watch. Food was delicious, especially the classic mussels dish!!! Took home the broth and two lone mussels to savor the next morning. Wait staff helpful, but not too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez LuciennemnbnycVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is a neat French bistro in a lively part of Harlem with good food and service. I have been there several times and never had a bad meal there.Special Features:
- Disappointing food- fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014I dined at Chez Lucienne for the first time on Friday night w a friend and found it to be a mediocre experience. On a scale of 1-10, I rate the food 5.5. We ordered the calamari appetizer which was pretty good, I had the salmon burger and my friend had mussels. The salmon burger was terrible it did not taste fresh, my friends mussels were just okay. What I found interesting is our waitress noticed I did not eat my burger I conveyed my feelings to her, nothing happened. A smart move would have been to offer free coffee or a desert! Fortunately the service was personable and I score a 9 for atmosphere. It was a fun experience but I would not return. if you expect good food, don't waste your time.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experienceKameleonVIPDined on 7/16/2014A great local restaurant, good price, excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonathanJHBNYC1Dined on 7/14/2014Food was good, but service was very slow. It took over 40 minutes for our food to come to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Harlem FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014This spot is consistently GREAT! You walk in and immediately feel the warmth of a real french bistro. The food and service has always been spot on! I try to steer away from the mussels & frites in the thai-lemongrass broth but I'm absolutely addicted. And even though they are no longer offered on the menu, the kitchen always manages to quench my thirst for them =D And dont leave without trying the vanilla macadamia ice cream. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a new treasure to find.kayleVIPDined on 7/12/2014The service was perfect, the food delicious, and the entire restaurant staff gracious.Special Features:
- A must tryGiannaDined on 7/7/2014I went to this restaurant last night with my husband and our 2 friends we are on holidays from Australia we wanted a great place to go to on our final night in NYC googled restaurants and found this had a great write up and it lived up to expectations. The only down side were the staff no personality what so ever need to lighten up guys put a smile on those faces or you are in the wrong trade. Food was amazing and the wines we chose where great, so over all a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreeneyeddevilVIPDined on 6/30/2014Always a nice time. And delicous food, cooked perfectly with flavor to please!Special Features:
- okayBasWillDined on 6/29/2014We sat outside for a Sunday Brunch in June. Outside is nice, but the ambience leaves much to be desired when Red Rooster is bustling at 1045am and it's only 5 people total where you are. The food was okay. Our waiter was 1 week into his job, so we gave him a break. There are these beetle-looking bats that were just a pest the entire time. I must have killed 5. I wonder if it was because of the plants right behind us. The food was decent. Beware, although the menu says "scramble", they only mean scrambled eggs. Not a skillet scramble. The scrambled eggs are perfect, but it would have been nice to know that before I ordered them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LosatDined on 6/26/2014The wait staff is extremely attentive and friendly. The food was good, not great. Really nice atmosphere and a nice place to catch up with a friendSpecial Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great place and atmosphere. A little loud, but great music scene! I would definitely recommend it for people who don't mind some noise at the dinner table!Special Features:
- Fabulous!EvergreenDined on 6/21/2014The food, service and seating outdoors all came together beautifully. The staff is friendly, attentive and stellar. And the neighborhood is vibrant and lively which all culminates here. We were lucky enough to experience live music which only added to the great evening. The steak frites was amazing; not every restaurant has such a great cut of meat and cooked to perfection. And the frites are like France! No grease. Cocktail menu interesting and includes much fresh fruit, and wine list is good quality and reasonably priced. Everything was perfect. I look forward to making Chez Lucienne a regular destination. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!wowinharlemDined on 6/19/2014love this place! charming, great food, romantic vibe, kind and attentive servers. total smiles from me!Special Features:
- Great comfort food, fast servicePalherzVIPDined on 6/19/2014Enjoyed recent dinner here - very friendly atmosphere - great hamburger and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chris231Dined on 6/8/2014Good Food, Live Music, Vibrant Customer Base, Helpful Staff, Food was great, nice atmosphere, had the salmon, very tasty and properly cooked.Special Features:
- Nice place for HarlemnyceuroguyVIPDined on 6/8/2014This is a nice place however, I was expecting a better quality food honestly when I went there according to what I have read. The staff was kind and attentive but how they serve the food might be improved. It would be for their own business' success.I would recommend this to a friend.
- French FindNewRocDivaDined on 6/5/2014I was pleased with the ease of making an online reservation. Food moderately priced. Not sure if it was happy hour but pleasantly surprised to pay $5 for Pinot Grigio! Prix fix menu was $24. Good choices. I had the warm tomato and goat cheese appetizer, salmon and vegetable entree and creme brûlée desert. My favorite though were the shoe string fries. Overall, very attentive service and relaxed environment. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food, terrible serviceHblondVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food was AMAZING - i feel bad for the chef, though, because I'm sure he's losing a lot of business due to the poor service. Took FOREVER to get the waiter over to take our order - we were waving for at least 5 minutes and he was at the tables on either side of us... And even then the waiter did not seem well versed on the menu, and had no clue about the wine list. We all ordered different wines, and they were all pretty bad. None of us finished our wine because it was too awful to drink (although we went on to a different place and had some great bottles!). Appetizer and main were served at the same time.
- LisamartDined on 5/29/2014Service at Chez Lucienne has been consistently excellent in the past (I've been there half a dozen times or more), but this time, what detracted was a waiter serving a bottle of white wine that was not chilled. He seemed to be new, and was polite and very well-meaning, but that was a problem. We did not bring it to management's attention, and he did try to remedy the situation by bringing an ice bucket to the table, but it did detract somewhat from an otherwise excellent meal.
- Love this place!!!AngieQVIPDined on 5/23/2014I had a great time as usual! I only wish the tables weren't so close, or having more booths available for a truly romantic dinner. Other than that, this is one of my favorite places in Harlem!Special Features:
- The following 507 reviews are from the Chez Lucienne reviews archive.
- Just Okay...UptownDinerDined on 5/21/2014been to Chez Lucienne a few times at different times, and really try and love --but always disappointed in something.....Ordered escargot, arrived lukewarm, out of shell, and truly non-descriptive... They were out of salmon burger (one of my favorites) for dinner by 6:30pm on a Tuesday night, instead ordered Steak Friittes medium rare - said (pink/red) came out well !!! Restaurant corrected fairly quickly, though my mom ordered a Kobe burger medium and arrived rare - when replaced, came back well..What's up with all this !! Most likely will continue to visit for salmon burger and (brunch) pretty good.....Special Features:
- Harlem ChicsobepsychVIPDined on 5/11/2014Fun street scene and good enough French fare at this lively restaurant a few walking blocks from the 125th Street MetroNorth Station. The waiters work hard to make sure things are going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Sunday Brunch!SexyLittleMinxDined on 5/11/2014I really love this place! The food is great and the people are very friendly. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Mom's DayldellapianaDined on 5/11/2014We've been many times and Chez Lucienne is a very good spot for French-styled brunch fare. Not as crowded or hip as next-door-neighbor Red Rooster, but frankly, the food and service is more consistent. Good for kids and medium-sized groups. Friendly service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Downtown prices for sub par productFood1Dined on 5/10/2014When your Campari and soda costs $12 in Harlem and it costs $10 at most downtown you know you have a problem. Service was good and food was average at best. Go next door to red rooster for a better product.Special Features: