1132 Loma Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chezloma.com/
- Phone: 6194350661
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Dinner 5:00 - 8:30
Friday - Sunday Lunch 11:30 - 2:00 Dinner 5:00 - 8:30
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chez Loma
Our new San Diego home is located in the Carez Hizar House (circa 1889), a Coronado historical landmark on Loma Avenue almost at the corner of Orange Avenue. We are within walking distance to beautiful downtown Coronado, the Hotel Del Coronado, and the beach. A French inspired bistro where people feel comfortable and enjoy fresh rustic fare at reasonable prices. Sourcing locally to achieve maximum freshness and offering our customers what they want instead of following culinary trends.Continued
If your desire is a casual tapa at the bar or a dinner with friends or colleges, Chez Loma under new management, offers an inviting space to relax, enjoy and socialize.
If your desire is a casual tapa at the bar or a dinner with friends or colleges, Chez Loma under new management, offers an inviting space to relax, enjoy and socialize.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Chez Loma - Best Restaurants in Coronado ›
Chez Loma reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (61)special occasion (58)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Long NightGratefulDinerDined on 8/16/2014Arrived 15 min early so checked in with hostess and went to the bar to wait. After 15 min I checked with hostess who said our table was not ready. Ended up getting seated 30 min after reservation time and 45 min after arriving. We were then at our table 15 min before anyone came by to take our drink order. The servers were polite, the food was excellent, but it was a very long night, too long.
- An off night at Chez LomapassinThroughDined on 8/13/2014We've dined there 4 times over the years. Tonight was a bad experience. Some of the servers must not have shown up for work so they were very short-handed. Thankfully we ordered apps that arrived within 20 mins so we had something to eat. Dinner arrived in an hour. Maybe they just over-booked. The food was outstanding, as usual, but the long waits killed the evening. It will be some time before we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Chez Loma was by far the best restaurant we visited in either San Diego or Corronado. The aperitifs , enteprees,and desserts were carefully prepared to our taste and unpretentious as well as being simply delicious. The waiters were prompt , courteous and funny. Outstanding. It was very acessible, has spotless washroom and well maintained.Special Features:
- Great, not mind-blowing, good valueHumanGarbageDisposalDined on 8/10/2014Small neighborhood French joint. The lamb chops were fantastic and sizeable. The crab crusted halibut was good, but a bit overcooked and I noticed a big difference between my portion size and that of someone on another table - and I was HUNGRY, lol. Overall, I recommend it.Special Features:
- very nice night outcjm1VIPDined on 8/7/2014dinner was a birthday treat and so very special attention was provided with house-hosted dessert-- nice touch
- Receptionist errorNoelCVIPDined on 7/26/2014When we arrived the receptionist told us the reservation was not available because the waiter had been sent home.after some discussion a table became availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful local spot!LocalDined on 7/24/2014This amazing restaurant housed in a historic building is located right off the main street in Coronado. We recently happened to dine during their special prefixed menu which offered three courses--appetizer, main course and dessert--for a very reasonable price. The food was excellent, the service very attentive, the food arrived quickly and the ambience was charming. We will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- It was wonderful, from service on!GZTucsonDined on 7/17/2014We loved the update of this restaurant, and the food was delicious, beautifully presented, and service was impeccable. The warm gingerbread was a hit, as was the steak tartare appetizer. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience overall.KnitandeatDined on 7/17/2014Our dinner at Chez Loma was excellent. The flavors were delicate and we loved the freshness of the ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placelaughlinDined on 7/10/2014we have been to this spot many times. this time it was to celebrate the wedding anniversary of a couple who we hosted there a year ago. Unfortunately the wife passed about 2 weeks prior. But her husband sons and the youngest grandson were able to join us. It is a wonderful place on Coronado IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FoodAbFabItalianSDVIPDined on 7/4/2014Good food and wine list. The ambiance is quaint and great to bring a date. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Excellent food, fab presentation !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Perfect location in Coronado. Quaint Victorian house, fabulous pre-fixe dinner options. Very nice wine list.Special Features:
- Small GemJC0416Dined on 7/2/2014This is a small, cozy, and inviting place for a special occasion. Great food and ambiance. Will keep a top of my need to go back again location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningOldnessDined on 6/30/2014Chez Loma is located in a "mixed" (residential/commercial) area of Coronado. The venue was formerly an older private home. Street parking only. The (limited) menu is French-inspired with an extensive wine list. Food was well prepared and very tasty. Good service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicely europeanepicurean4delightsDined on 6/29/2014The food and service were excellent. The variety of menu items, presentation and delicious tastes set the stage for us to want to return. We in fact were seated near many other guests who were either regulars or repeat customers. The minor drawback actually was with the seating. As in many European establishments, the close proximity of the adjacent diners made it a bit difficult for me to thoroughly enjoy the evening. But as in many European settings, we were never rushed and were well attended to by the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I enjoyed celebrating our 40th anniversary at Chez Loma for brunch. He had a Flat Iron steak that was cooked to perfection. I enjoyed the Eggs Benedict. It was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spotsouthparkDined on 6/27/2014Chez Loma has well executed cuisine and a great ambiance. The elegant interior is a fine setting for the French food. I had sweetbreads with capers and asparagus and lovely lamb. My husband judges places by their boulliabaise and it did not disappoint. The front bar looked like a fun place for regulars. Maybe that will be us!Special Features:
- Unbelievable ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Very fine food and service. If you are looking for something top of the line tasty, very romantic, impeccable service and fine level ambience, this is where you want to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Less Charmdlaw51Dined on 6/22/2014We went here for a romantic dinner a few years ago, the night before my wife and I got engaged. We returned on Sunday for our second anniversary dinner. The food was delicious, especially the steamed mussels and the scallop entree, but the service and atmosphere were nowhere near the levels I remembered. The dining room opens right onto the bar where you get to hear the drunk tourists all through your dinner. The hostess stand was abandoned at our reservation time, and we waited about 5 minutes before anyone even noticed we were there. Our waitress was also the house manager, and she did a nice job, but she seemed to be waiting on all the tables. Maybe they were understaffed that day. Still nice but not romantic anymore.
- Super Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014Took friends from out of town to one of our fav Coronado restaurants -- Chez Loma! It did not disappoint!! Absolutely awesome dinner and evening. Fabulous in every way!Special Features:
- Reinventing Chez LomaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014Have gone to Chez Loma since it first opened many years ago but not recently because the food and service became indifferent. Now, the freshness of approach, quality and inventiveness of menu items have put this place back on our list. The wine list is somewhat limited but good choices in a range of prices. Our meals were beautifully presented and delicious. I recommend coming back and giving it a try!Special Features:
- Free Range Esargot!RoccoSDDined on 6/6/2014This being our first time dining at Chez Loma, we were excited and already knew we were in for a great experience. Sabrina was our waitress and friend for the evening. I simply asked for a suggested wine to go with the Escargot and as soon as the wine came out so did our appetizer. Sabrina anticipated our every need and was so kind throughout our evening. The food was absolutely wonderful and had it not been, we would dine again simply for the amazing service received from Sabrina!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin our server was very graciouselfwilsVIPDined on 6/1/2014We loved the setting, the food and the service. The presentation was perfect and the food had a prefect blend of spices and flavorings. We were told that several dishes were made according to family recipes. The location is off the main thoroughfare which made for a quiet Sunday lunch/brunch.Special Features:
- mtnbikewoodyDined on 5/24/2014Sabrina was a great waitress but the other guy who kept call me partner got on my nerves. Food was great. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peace, serinity, lobster bisque.M2A2Dined on 5/24/2014Halibut was also great, though would be better to crust with dungenus crab instead of local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Praise for Chez LomaCoronadoBeachcomberDined on 5/23/2014If you are on Coronado island (San Diego), whether to visit or you're living there, I highly recommend Chez Loma. Close to the Hotel Del Coronado, this French restaurant is a must. We've been visiting Coronado regularly for more than a decade and always make a point to have a meal here. They've refreshed the interior to lighten things up to more of a beach bistro look and now have a great bar set up and some outside seating. The food itself is outstanding, as always, whether you like traditional French food or lighter fair. Service is outstanding, too. Our server this time, Sabrina, was attentive with a fun sense of humor. Again, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GastronomeDined on 5/23/2014Had delicious lunch with husband and 3 other friends......delightful! Would love to return only with my husband for a romantic evening. We should have gone for Sunday Brunch.....would have enjoyed it much more than "another" place we stopped at. When you find a gem.....return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FoodieDined on 5/21/2014Loved it! Been wanting to try this place for years, and it did not disappoint! The service was top notch--friendly but very professional and non-intrusive. When we asked for a certain table, they went one better and arranged the table better than it was! The food was excellent, steak prepared perfectly. Great ambiance, not too loud, nice comfortable feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been away too long...ChrisDined on 5/18/2014Our first visit since Chez Loma reopened a year+ ago; pleasantly surprised. Reservation was before 6PM on Sunday, celebrating our wedding anniversary; light crowded. Decorated simply and nicely; very relaxing. Service from the moment we arrived and throughout was outstanding -- just the right amount of attention. Food: Outstanding! The Escargot starter was to die for; share if she insists. Bouillabaisse entrée was light and very flavorful with high quality seafood, pairing well with a medium white wine. Peppered Filet Mignon (medium rare!) melted in my mouth and was a larger cut than I expected at a French restaurant. Also outstanding. Prices reasonable for this fine place. Wine list more than adequate; corkage $20.Special Features:
- Favorite spot on the IslandGeorgeKVIPDined on 5/16/2014We've been going to Chez Loma for many years. It has always been our favorite spot for an intimate dinner (2-4 people). The food is very good, the service is very friendly and attentive and of course the ambience is very nice. If your looking for a lively energetic crowd, this is not the spot, but if you want a wonderful meal, in a lovely setting with a few friends it's perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nine Year Anniversary DinnerkkwickedDined on 5/14/2014Gorgeous restaurant on Coronado Island. Hostess, server and manager were great. We had a wonderful anniversary meal and it was superb! From the starters to the wine and entrees it was all very delicious! Our knowledgeable server brought us the most perfect wines after asking some questions to find out our preferences. The ceviche was amazingly marinated, one of those recipes that you wish you could have! The roast duck in a port berry sauce was exceptionally delicate and a perfect pairing. Chez Loma has a romantic ambiance with it's light music and candles. Perfection. Thank you for a beautiful anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- perfectannabananaDined on 5/12/2014Hadn't been here in years but wanted someplace close to Lamb's Players Theatre. Couldn't have chosen a better place. Justin our server was friendly and knowledgeable without being obnoxious. We had a nice bottle of wine from New Zealand to accompany our appetizer of mussels. The pomme frites they were served with were crispy and delicious. Our entrees of rack of lamb and sea bass were prepared perfectly. We didn't really need dessert but wanted to try the gingerbread cake that seemed to get a lot of raves. We were glad we did. We will most definitely make the trip over the bridge for a return visit.Special Features:
- Chez LomaAlexDined on 5/11/2014Not as cozy as expected for a French style coffee, interior is really boring like in a cheap canteen which is close to bankruptcy.
- lovelyplaceLuvgeorgesDined on 5/11/2014Chez Loma is quite a find......wonderful food, service, atmosphere......we will return!!Special Features:
- Charm for the eye and appetiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Very cute restaurant just off of Orange in Coronado, walking distance from Hotel Del. Looks like a converted house. Casual romantic, great place to relax in good company, with a glass of wine, great food and people watch. Highly recommended Date Night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outJudi7000Dined on 5/2/2014The food was scrumptious, the bartender was fun and my partner was romantic - perfect night at a delightful restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderful find!smithonnetteDined on 4/30/2014We had a delightful evening at Chez Loma. Our meals were delicious and the setting- a vintage Coronado home near the Del was charming. We had a lovely stroll on the beach walkway nearby at sunset just before dinner. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on MondayChrisVIPDined on 4/28/2014The restaurant in divided into several small rooms which keeps the noise level down. We enjoyed starters of spinach salad and country pate. We both had the duck breast entree with cherry sauce and it was lovely. It was cooked medium rare which was fine with me. Dessert was the soft meringue with creme anglais and berry coulis. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Diamond in the Rough!Top10VIPDined on 4/28/2014This venue offers the very best of fine dining! Any fish entree is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryKayeDined on 4/22/2014We can't say enough good things about Chez Loma! We were celebrating our 25th at the Del and had planned our special dinner elsewhere, but we walked by this charming French cottage and fell it love with it from the outside first. Stan, our waiter, could not have been nicer - made us and our friends feel so special and welcome. The food was outstanding! I think our friend Larry actually licked his plate (not really, but it looked like it). The flowers nearby our table were lovely. We will ALWAYS return to Chez Loma when we're back in Coronado, and we have already told everyone in Phoenix about our special time there.Special Features:
- The following 218 reviews are from the Chez Loma reviews archive.