1132 Loma Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chezloma.com/
- Phone: 6194350661
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Dinner 5:00 - 8:30
Friday - Sunday Lunch 11:30 - 2:00 Dinner 5:00 - 8:30
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chez Loma
Our new San Diego home is located in the Carez Hizar House (circa 1889), a Coronado historical landmark on Loma Avenue almost at the corner of Orange Avenue. We are within walking distance to beautiful downtown Coronado, the Hotel Del Coronado, and the beach. A French inspired bistro where people feel comfortable and enjoy fresh rustic fare at reasonable prices. Sourcing locally to achieve maximum freshness and offering our customers what they want instead of following culinary trends.Continued
If your desire is a casual tapa at the bar or a dinner with friends or colleges, Chez Loma under new management, offers an inviting space to relax, enjoy and socialize.
If your desire is a casual tapa at the bar or a dinner with friends or colleges, Chez Loma under new management, offers an inviting space to relax, enjoy and socialize.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Chez Loma - Best Restaurants in Coronado ›
Chez Loma reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (72)special occasion (72)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (56)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Lovely brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My fiancé & I went to Chez Loma for brunch, specifically because we are considering booking their upstairs for our wedding brunch next spring. The understated, charming atmosphere is only eclipsed by the outstanding food! Seriously, the best hollandaise sauce ever on the eggs benedict, the omelette was amazing with thin slivers of asparagus and goat cheese, perfectly cooked and portion sizes are just wonderful. None of the overflowing the plate glop so many restuarants go for with brunch. We tried the shrimp cocktail app, it was so delicious we are having it as a first course for our wedding. And, the decadent chocolate pots d crème is going to be served with a slice of wedding cake for an extra punch! Chez Loma is wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningamazingDined on 9/27/2014I was celebrating my girlfriend's birthday and everything was perfect. The filet mignon was amazing and my girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed the food, ambiance, and the overall experience.Special Features:
- Feels like dining in ParisGiGiDined on 9/27/2014We love the small tables by the windows that make you feel like you are dining outside on the sidewalk in Paris! The windows crank out and there are window boxes below all the windows with plants. Most romantic place to dine on Coronado Island near the Hotel del Coronado. Best lemon drop martini ever!Special Features:
- GTG!McCringleberryDined on 9/24/2014Amazing food... I need to make this 50 characters or they will not count it... McCringleberry out!Special Features:
- Not so great as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014We have been to Chez Loma on past visits. This time, our experience was disappointing. The Escargot was served lukewarm as was the Chilean Sea Bass. After waiting a considerable time for our appetizers, it was surprising that it came lukewarm. Had it been sitting in the kitchen? Same with the sea bass which was delicious however. The Escargot was not delicious. It was pretty mediocre. There were a number of empty tables so it cannot be because they were overwhelmed. Restaurant was extremely hot inside which didn't help.
- Delightful dinner!hapacoupleDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding sea bass, scrumptious scallops and a nice wine list with happy hour specials. We had a table at the window in the bar on a beautiful night on Coronado...it doesn't get much better!Special Features:
- DinnerArmyDined on 9/16/2014We have eaten there several times in the past and loved the food and the people. It was warm and inviting and the staff were friendly and fun. Now it has been taken over by new management and the atmosphere is no longer there; the staff were polite but not engaging at all. They seemed bothered bringing you something. They seemed disinterested.Special Features:
- very nicelove2cookDined on 9/13/2014The experience was very nice. Kind of hard to find and park, however once inside the restaurant we had a nice evening. The waitress took her time and the meal went very slow. The spinach salad was excellent with many flavors bursting in your mouth with each bite. The peppercorn filet mignon was excellent and cooked to perfection. However do not eat the meringue dessert it was not good and flavorless. You get what you pay for. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This may be my...cobracatDined on 9/13/2014…new favorite restaurant in San Diego. The only issue I had was that I visited during one of the hottest spells in local history; the restaurant is not air conditioned, so we were a bit uncomfortable. But the food took our minds off the heat. I make ceviche at home and have never found a restaurant version that came close to mine; Chez Loma's does. I had the pepper-crusted filet, which was delicious. Others in our group had the beef bourgignon and the local fresh fish, which they loved. The wine list is not extensive, but it does offer a variety of selections at a wide range of prices. The restaurant's location is a plus: right in the heart of downtown Coronado and just steps from the historic Hotel Del Coronado.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceGraceVIPDined on 9/13/2014Charming waiter, great ambiance, cozy, cute, great food, great time!Special Features:
- Great French FindalnhbDined on 9/12/2014We had walked by this restaurant many times when we visited Coronado, and had always said "we have to try this sometime". The time came when we were going to a play and decided to dine out prior to going. We were pleasantly surprised with this "find". Our server, Justin, was everything you would want in a server. The food was great and excellently prepared. We ordered a couple of Tito's vodkas before dinner, and a glass of malbec wine with our entree's. Justin mentioned they had an excellent malbec blend that we may enjoy. Which we did. All in all, it was a most delightful evening, thanks to a great meal and Justin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. We love the menu and the fresh salads they offer. Onion soup is one of my husbands favorite choices, he always enjoys it. I would say this is a special occasion dining place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A findDisappointedVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were pleased to find Chez Loma. The escargot was the best ever. The sea scallops were good and the beef bourguigon was on par with Beau Bo's. Sabrina, our server, had a great personality and started off great, butbbynthe end of the meal, she faded along with the service. That however will not keep us from returning. The food is the reason.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking for!wfmtmamaDined on 9/5/2014Sabrina was wonderful and food and ambiance were spot on! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantDinnerDined on 9/1/2014We have a wonderful dinner here. Our server was gracious and informative as well. Our corner table was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- gt4eatsDined on 8/29/2014We were very pleased. We were surprised that the restaurant was not busy, as it is an excellent place in every way. It was very comfortable and a great place to enjoy conversation with delicious food that was different than we have enjoyed in other breakfast restaurants. It was a new place to 2 in our group and they were impressed. The waitress was thoughtful and brought a surprise dessert to help celebrate the birthday.Special Features:
- a lovely, romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014Chez Loma (and Sabrina!) are simply the best -- best in Coronado, best in old world ambiance (updated), best in food quality and best in service. Cannot say enough about this lovely spot. By all means, if you have not been to Chez Loma, you are missing out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014My wife, myself and 2 teenagers booked a table for 8pm and arrived slightly early to be met by a rather vacant young lady who said table not ready so we could stand there for 10 minutes or go into the bar, which we did. The batman was extremely curt and rude and immediately by way of greeting said our kids could not stand at the bar but made no attempt to suggest where we might position ourselves. After nearly 30 minutes, we were at the point of leaving when our table was freed up. Our server was completely over the top in his commuNication. Having said all that, the dining room was very pleasant and comfortable and the food and wine was excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NevioDined on 8/25/2014I was looking for a romantic restaurant with great ambiance and Chez Loma did not disappoint! Our waiter, Justin, was great. He made some amazing recommendations and always came by our table to check on us and never pressured us to place our order or to give up our table. The ceviche was so tasty and the scallops and filet were to die for. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutluv2eatoutDined on 8/24/2014wonderful! Great little house, but much bigger on the inside. Food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Great TownTop10VIPDined on 8/22/2014Go a little off the beaten path and try this neighborhood jewel! Every item on the menu is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placesouthparkDined on 8/22/2014We newly rediscovered this place last month and have been here twice. I haven't been here for 30 years. The building is beautiful with little rooms so it feels quite private. The windows are wide open taking advantage of the glorious Coronado climate. The menu is diverse with meat and fish entrees. Even the desserts have variety; not just cream and more cream. We will always come here when we want something special.Special Features:
- AmazingluvexploringrestaurantsDined on 8/18/2014Everything was fantastic!! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long NightGratefulDinerDined on 8/16/2014Arrived 15 min early so checked in with hostess and went to the bar to wait. After 15 min I checked with hostess who said our table was not ready. Ended up getting seated 30 min after reservation time and 45 min after arriving. We were then at our table 15 min before anyone came by to take our drink order. The servers were polite, the food was excellent, but it was a very long night, too long.
- An off night at Chez LomapassinThroughDined on 8/13/2014We've dined there 4 times over the years. Tonight was a bad experience. Some of the servers must not have shown up for work so they were very short-handed. Thankfully we ordered apps that arrived within 20 mins so we had something to eat. Dinner arrived in an hour. Maybe they just over-booked. The food was outstanding, as usual, but the long waits killed the evening. It will be some time before we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Chez Loma was by far the best restaurant we visited in either San Diego or Corronado. The aperitifs , enteprees,and desserts were carefully prepared to our taste and unpretentious as well as being simply delicious. The waiters were prompt , courteous and funny. Outstanding. It was very acessible, has spotless washroom and well maintained.Special Features:
- Great, not mind-blowing, good valueHumanGarbageDisposalDined on 8/10/2014Small neighborhood French joint. The lamb chops were fantastic and sizeable. The crab crusted halibut was good, but a bit overcooked and I noticed a big difference between my portion size and that of someone on another table - and I was HUNGRY, lol. Overall, I recommend it.Special Features:
- very nice night outcjm1VIPDined on 8/7/2014dinner was a birthday treat and so very special attention was provided with house-hosted dessert-- nice touch
- Chez Loma | A Very Special PlacebearbirdDined on 7/30/2014WOW! This was a very special place and I can't say enough great things about this experience; location, food, drinks, and staff were perfect. Do yourself a favor and GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Receptionist errorNoelCVIPDined on 7/26/2014When we arrived the receptionist told us the reservation was not available because the waiter had been sent home.after some discussion a table became availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful local spot!LocalDined on 7/24/2014This amazing restaurant housed in a historic building is located right off the main street in Coronado. We recently happened to dine during their special prefixed menu which offered three courses--appetizer, main course and dessert--for a very reasonable price. The food was excellent, the service very attentive, the food arrived quickly and the ambience was charming. We will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- It was wonderful, from service on!GZTucsonDined on 7/17/2014We loved the update of this restaurant, and the food was delicious, beautifully presented, and service was impeccable. The warm gingerbread was a hit, as was the steak tartare appetizer. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience overall.KnitandeatDined on 7/17/2014Our dinner at Chez Loma was excellent. The flavors were delicate and we loved the freshness of the ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placelaughlinDined on 7/10/2014we have been to this spot many times. this time it was to celebrate the wedding anniversary of a couple who we hosted there a year ago. Unfortunately the wife passed about 2 weeks prior. But her husband sons and the youngest grandson were able to join us. It is a wonderful place on Coronado IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FoodAbFabItalianSDVIPDined on 7/4/2014Good food and wine list. The ambiance is quaint and great to bring a date. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Excellent food, fab presentation !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Perfect location in Coronado. Quaint Victorian house, fabulous pre-fixe dinner options. Very nice wine list.Special Features:
- Small GemJC0416Dined on 7/2/2014This is a small, cozy, and inviting place for a special occasion. Great food and ambiance. Will keep a top of my need to go back again location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningOldnessDined on 6/30/2014Chez Loma is located in a "mixed" (residential/commercial) area of Coronado. The venue was formerly an older private home. Street parking only. The (limited) menu is French-inspired with an extensive wine list. Food was well prepared and very tasty. Good service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicely europeanepicurean4delightsDined on 6/29/2014The food and service were excellent. The variety of menu items, presentation and delicious tastes set the stage for us to want to return. We in fact were seated near many other guests who were either regulars or repeat customers. The minor drawback actually was with the seating. As in many European establishments, the close proximity of the adjacent diners made it a bit difficult for me to thoroughly enjoy the evening. But as in many European settings, we were never rushed and were well attended to by the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I enjoyed celebrating our 40th anniversary at Chez Loma for brunch. He had a Flat Iron steak that was cooked to perfection. I enjoyed the Eggs Benedict. It was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.