1132 Loma Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chezloma.com/
- Phone: (619) 435-0661
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Dinner 5:00 - 8:30
Friday - Sunday Lunch 11:30 - 2:00 Dinner 5:00 - 8:30
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chez Loma
Our new San Diego home is located in the Carez Hizar House (circa 1889), a Coronado historical landmark on Loma Avenue almost at the corner of Orange Avenue. We are within walking distance to beautiful downtown Coronado, the Hotel Del Coronado, and the beach. A French inspired bistro where people feel comfortable and enjoy fresh rustic fare at reasonable prices. Sourcing locally to achieve maximum freshness and offering our customers what they want instead of following culinary trends.Continued
If your desire is a casual tapa at the bar or a dinner with friends or colleges, Chez Loma under new management, offers an inviting space to relax, enjoy and socialize.
If your desire is a casual tapa at the bar or a dinner with friends or colleges, Chez Loma under new management, offers an inviting space to relax, enjoy and socialize.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Chez Loma - Best Restaurants in Coronado ›
Chez Loma reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (72)special occasion (67)neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Dinner on Monday, 24 Nov 1401Mar14VIPDined on 11/24/2014Our table had lamb, filtemignon and duck. Each of these dishes were excellent. The duck was the highlight with it's wonderful sauce. We paired these with Two Hands Gnarly Dudes Shiraz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/23/2014Tried while staying on Coronado. This is a great place and loved the entire experience. Great service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRLMKRDined on 11/17/2014The food (appetizer, entree and dessert) were all excellent. The portions were perfect. Wine was wonderful, although, if you don't know wines well, then you would have to take the server's word for what you are looking for - but we definitely picked the right wine! And our server (Justin) was fantastic. Knowledgeable, cheerful very attentive! It was an absolutely wonderful experience! And I have to say, not the first one that we've had there. Cheers!! Terry CooperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We drive 30 miles for Chez Loma!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We live in North County near several (ahem, snobby) French Bistros yet we drive the 40 minutes and 30+ miles to CHEZ LOMA for their FABULOUS French Fare! The steak tartare at CHEZ LOMA is as good as it gets. The pate and escargot are also must-haves. The ambiance is cozy and romantic, and the service is casual and friendly - what a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great and OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014The Beef Burgundy was great-in fact spectacular. The Bouliabasse was just pretty good. Think the problem was they used salmon instead of a white fish. The salmon taste seemed to overwhelm the other ingredients. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJackhammer2Dined on 11/7/2014Good atmosphere, good food, good service. One of the better restaurants in CoronadoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned after long intervalAndreM5Dined on 11/1/2014Very glad we returned to Chez Loma after about 30 years hiatus. We visit Coronado frequently (live nearby), work there occasionally but have not had the opportunity to return to Chez Loma. Food was terrific and the OpenTable comments were largely accurate about service and quality. This is a good value and a memorable evening. Make a reservation!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!FlamingoDined on 10/31/2014We loved our dinner! Caesar salad, amazing French Onion soup, perfect salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBearlakeDined on 10/31/2014We have been coming to Coronado for years and have never eaten here before. Who knows why! Glad we gave it a try. The food was excellent and we will go back again. The tables were a bit close together for my comfort, but that will not keep us from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish deliciousMargeDined on 10/30/2014Visitied this restaurant while on a business trip. All three people had different fish and were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Coronado Foodies Jen & BobreadheadfoodiewiththatguyDined on 10/29/2014We celebrated our 26th anniversary at Chez Loma. Before we even arrived our wonderful waitress, Sabrina had already opened an excellent bottle of wine that she knew we would love and we did! Bonus, Wednesday is half off wine bottles- best wine had in years! Very romantic without being stuffy, and family friendly- our food was fantastic. I would highly recommend this place to my good friends. Watching the bar patrons laugh and socialize reminds me why we moved to Coronado. Just nice people all around. I had the beef tartare, and pepper steak, Jennifer had the escargot and bouillabaisse- all amazing. Thank you Chez Loma, Sabina and the rest of the staff for a simply marvelous evening. You get us and we love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service3momsDined on 10/24/2014Sabrina was wonderful, attentive, knew the menu and treated us well. The mussels with french fries and escargot was very good. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- PerfectDelightedDined on 10/23/2014A delight dining experience before attending a performance at Lamb's Players Theatre. A very exquisite restaurant that I remembered from years ago. I was not disappointed in the ambience, cuisine or service.Special Features:
- Romantic Gem in CoronadoOCGiantDined on 10/18/2014We went to Chez Loma for our Anniversary dinner looking for a special meal and we found it. Service was spectacular through the night from Justin with help from DJ. Justin helped us through the menu, guiding us without pushing. For an appetizer I tried escargots and sweetbreads for the first time, and I enjoyed each of them, though you have to enjoy the heavy garlic butter. The spinach-arugula salad was a nice clean break, and set us up for the entrees - Scallops along with the Boeuf Bourguignon. Both were spectacular, and a great contrast when sharing. The BB had a deep, rich flavor and the scallops were bright, boiled in butter with pickled veg. For dessert the gingerbread w/ orange glaze was a perfect cap. Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Top Choice In CoronadoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014This is an ideal French restaurant. The food was perfect as was the service. Highly suggest making a reservation!Special Features:
- Fabulous mealLupeDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic meal for 4 folks - everybody loved their order - filet mignon, scallops, salmon. YUM. And Sabrina was an outstanding server. Her energy was great, her advice, her sparkle - really added to the evening. Room looked lovely with roses and soft lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent little gem of a place!mzjwadiDined on 10/11/2014Everything about our experience at Chez Loma was outstanding. We especially enjoyed the shrimp cocktail--a new twist on an old favorite, and the halibut was to die for. Highly recommend this lovely little French restaurant right off the beaten path in lovely Coronado.Special Features:
- Loved it alltheprofsDined on 10/9/2014LOVED this find. Wonderful feel to old house with character. Most importantly for us, we could talk to each other without straining because dining is divided into smaller areas and in contrast to the modern trend there is no steel or concrete or bare tile. It was a lovely experience. PLUS food was really excellent and service very good. We live in Eastern San Diego but will definitely find a reason to return (this time for dinner before Lambs Theater which is very close. )Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!KISSUSMCDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding experience. In our age of embellishment and dramatic descriptions, my enthusiasm for Chez Loma is genuine. From the quality of the bar service to the professionalism of the staff to the taste of the food, this was a grand slam. She and I were both extremely pleased.Special Features:
- Lovely brunch!TomSprickDined on 9/28/2014My fiancé & I went to Chez Loma for brunch, specifically because we are considering booking their upstairs for our wedding brunch next spring. The understated, charming atmosphere is only eclipsed by the outstanding food! Seriously, the best hollandaise sauce ever on the eggs benedict, the omelette was amazing with thin slivers of asparagus and goat cheese, perfectly cooked and portion sizes are just wonderful. None of the overflowing the plate glop so many restuarants go for with brunch. We tried the shrimp cocktail app, it was so delicious we are having it as a first course for our wedding. And, the decadent chocolate pots d crème is going to be served with a slice of wedding cake for an extra punch! Chez Loma is wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningamazingDined on 9/27/2014I was celebrating my girlfriend's birthday and everything was perfect. The filet mignon was amazing and my girlfriend thoroughly enjoyed the food, ambiance, and the overall experience.Special Features:
- Feels like dining in ParisGiGiDined on 9/27/2014We love the small tables by the windows that make you feel like you are dining outside on the sidewalk in Paris! The windows crank out and there are window boxes below all the windows with plants. Most romantic place to dine on Coronado Island near the Hotel del Coronado. Best lemon drop martini ever!Special Features:
- GTG!McCringleberryDined on 9/24/2014Amazing food... I need to make this 50 characters or they will not count it... McCringleberry out!Special Features:
- Not so great as beforePugsrgreatDined on 9/23/2014We have been to Chez Loma on past visits. This time, our experience was disappointing. The Escargot was served lukewarm as was the Chilean Sea Bass. After waiting a considerable time for our appetizers, it was surprising that it came lukewarm. Had it been sitting in the kitchen? Same with the sea bass which was delicious however. The Escargot was not delicious. It was pretty mediocre. There were a number of empty tables so it cannot be because they were overwhelmed. Restaurant was extremely hot inside which didn't help.
- Delightful dinner!hapacoupleDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding sea bass, scrumptious scallops and a nice wine list with happy hour specials. We had a table at the window in the bar on a beautiful night on Coronado...it doesn't get much better!Special Features:
- DinnerArmyDined on 9/16/2014We have eaten there several times in the past and loved the food and the people. It was warm and inviting and the staff were friendly and fun. Now it has been taken over by new management and the atmosphere is no longer there; the staff were polite but not engaging at all. They seemed bothered bringing you something. They seemed disinterested.Special Features:
- very nicelove2cookDined on 9/13/2014The experience was very nice. Kind of hard to find and park, however once inside the restaurant we had a nice evening. The waitress took her time and the meal went very slow. The spinach salad was excellent with many flavors bursting in your mouth with each bite. The peppercorn filet mignon was excellent and cooked to perfection. However do not eat the meringue dessert it was not good and flavorless. You get what you pay for. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This may be my...cobracatDined on 9/13/2014…new favorite restaurant in San Diego. The only issue I had was that I visited during one of the hottest spells in local history; the restaurant is not air conditioned, so we were a bit uncomfortable. But the food took our minds off the heat. I make ceviche at home and have never found a restaurant version that came close to mine; Chez Loma's does. I had the pepper-crusted filet, which was delicious. Others in our group had the beef bourgignon and the local fresh fish, which they loved. The wine list is not extensive, but it does offer a variety of selections at a wide range of prices. The restaurant's location is a plus: right in the heart of downtown Coronado and just steps from the historic Hotel Del Coronado.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceGraceVIPDined on 9/13/2014Charming waiter, great ambiance, cozy, cute, great food, great time!Special Features:
- Great French FindalnhbDined on 9/12/2014We had walked by this restaurant many times when we visited Coronado, and had always said "we have to try this sometime". The time came when we were going to a play and decided to dine out prior to going. We were pleasantly surprised with this "find". Our server, Justin, was everything you would want in a server. The food was great and excellently prepared. We ordered a couple of Tito's vodkas before dinner, and a glass of malbec wine with our entree's. Justin mentioned they had an excellent malbec blend that we may enjoy. Which we did. All in all, it was a most delightful evening, thanks to a great meal and Justin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. We love the menu and the fresh salads they offer. Onion soup is one of my husbands favorite choices, he always enjoys it. I would say this is a special occasion dining place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A findDisappointedVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were pleased to find Chez Loma. The escargot was the best ever. The sea scallops were good and the beef bourguigon was on par with Beau Bo's. Sabrina, our server, had a great personality and started off great, butbbynthe end of the meal, she faded along with the service. That however will not keep us from returning. The food is the reason.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking for!wfmtmamaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Sabrina was wonderful and food and ambiance were spot on! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantDinnerDined on 9/1/2014We have a wonderful dinner here. Our server was gracious and informative as well. Our corner table was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- gt4eatsDined on 8/29/2014We were very pleased. We were surprised that the restaurant was not busy, as it is an excellent place in every way. It was very comfortable and a great place to enjoy conversation with delicious food that was different than we have enjoyed in other breakfast restaurants. It was a new place to 2 in our group and they were impressed. The waitress was thoughtful and brought a surprise dessert to help celebrate the birthday.Special Features:
- a lovely, romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014Chez Loma (and Sabrina!) are simply the best -- best in Coronado, best in old world ambiance (updated), best in food quality and best in service. Cannot say enough about this lovely spot. By all means, if you have not been to Chez Loma, you are missing out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014My wife, myself and 2 teenagers booked a table for 8pm and arrived slightly early to be met by a rather vacant young lady who said table not ready so we could stand there for 10 minutes or go into the bar, which we did. The batman was extremely curt and rude and immediately by way of greeting said our kids could not stand at the bar but made no attempt to suggest where we might position ourselves. After nearly 30 minutes, we were at the point of leaving when our table was freed up. Our server was completely over the top in his commuNication. Having said all that, the dining room was very pleasant and comfortable and the food and wine was excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NevioDined on 8/25/2014I was looking for a romantic restaurant with great ambiance and Chez Loma did not disappoint! Our waiter, Justin, was great. He made some amazing recommendations and always came by our table to check on us and never pressured us to place our order or to give up our table. The ceviche was so tasty and the scallops and filet were to die for. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutluv2eatoutDined on 8/24/2014wonderful! Great little house, but much bigger on the inside. Food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Great TownTop10VIPDined on 8/22/2014Go a little off the beaten path and try this neighborhood jewel! Every item on the menu is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.