1030 Laurier Ouest
Montreal, QC H2V 2K8Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezleveque.ca/
- Phone: (514) 279-7355
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Pierre Lévêque
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: No matter the event or the number of guests, our clients and their guests are always pampered. You can find on our web site different catering menus that can accommodate both your wishes and budget. We have catered to the following events among a number of others: Opening and Closing of the Festival des Films du Monde Jury"s Cocktail of the Festival des Films du Monde Cocktails and press conferences for the Jutras Press conference for the musical Notre-Dame de Paris Launching of the Michel Brisson and Isabelle Élie designer shops and boutiques, etc. And much more...
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant accommodates up to 150 people on the ground and second floors. Groups appreciate the privacy and coziness of the 2nd floor (up to 80 people). Chez Lévêque also offers a private room, closed with glass doors that can accomodate a 30 people party. All events are opportunities to celebrate at Chez Lévêque: events of social significance, academic convocations, birthdays, launchings and releases, premieres, press conferences, wrap parties. No matter the occasion, we have a room and a menu that will meet both your wishes and your budget. We will tailor a delightful menu for your group, small or large!
- Private Party Contact: Yann Nkanko 5142797355
A word from Chez Leveque
From morning to late evening, to while away time or to feast, this authentic Parisian "brasserie" boldly and lightheartedly frolics with Church themes in daring humor. The institution forever excels in perfectly mastered French classics for you to delightedly savor, such as charcuterie and other prepared meats, tartar, duck or pudding dishes, offal, as well as seafood. Oysters, shrimp, lobster, and other seafood products freshly delivered from our local producers are a tradition at Chez Lévêque, to the joy of our loyal customers. Whether you come to sip a martini or some champagne, feast upon a comforting plate of foie gras or a club sandwich, meet up for a morning brunch, or end the evening nibbling on tasty finger foods or delicacies, you will feel at home in this friendly, authentic, unpretentious restaurant! Che Leveque offers late night specials where you can also come to enjoy Chez Lévêque"s 21 $ menu at 21 o'clock (9 p.m.) and their 6,66 $ Devilish Martinis!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Chez Leveque - Best Restaurants in Outremont ›
Chez Leveque reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (19)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (15)romantic (12)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- Very good food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014We were 4 peoples,we enjoyed very much the food . We had veal an fish and steak tartare who was perfect. The ambiance was quiet and the music was enjoyable.the service was very good . The couple that we invited liked very much . We will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodaaron21Dined on 11/10/2014For a Monday night it was perfect, not a lot of people but enough for a little romantic ambiance. We had a brisque au homard for entree, it was amazing, the bread they serve you is really good too. The tartare was really good and the short rib was excellent. Seriously in my top 3 restaurants I've ever been to. And the damage wasn't bad at all, 85$ for everything, including the taxes and tips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- muerdagoDined on 11/5/2014too expensive for a lunch meal, the midi- menu should include at least the dessert and the coffee to make more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Une bonne soiréeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Un menu très intéressant dans le cadre de "Montréal à table". Service très bien, sympathique et courtois. Le plat principal aurait pu comporter un peu plus de viande (qui était très bonne d'ailleurs).Special Features:
- DisappointingMoeeeDined on 10/31/2014Small portions, bland food, servers with no knowledge of what's in the food. I ordered the leaks vinaigrette, which was a very tiny portion. Flavor was not good, and no one seemed to know what Bayonne powder was (it was on the menu). Also came with Bacon, even though it didn't say so on the menu, and the quail egg was scrambled and tasted old. The main was a lobster risotto, which was a tiny portion, and the peas were under cooked. Other that that, it tasted fine. I also found 2 lobster shell pieces in my risotto. For the dessert, I ordered the orange scone, which was cold, dry and almost stale. The Tomme des Demoiselles and the squash marmalade were delicious though. Over-all a very disappointing experience. Won't be going back again.
- DisappointingExploreMTLDined on 10/30/2014Nice ambiance but the food was disappointing. Dishes sat under the heat lamps long enough for the sauces to separate, food was ok, suggested wines were flat and the whites were warm, but at least the staff was friendly. Overall too expensive for what was served.
- nice menu, lot of choiceniceplacetoeatDined on 10/30/2014spend a nice evenig, good choice of food, good match wine - food, good service, a little bit too noisely. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great vs goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014This is a very good restaurant. Great? We don't have a choice when we check one or more choices. It's good for lunch. Not great. It's good for brunch. Not great. Change of words might be a good (or great) idea. The entree was way too small and simple. The coq au vin was delicious.Special Features:
- Nourriture fraîcheCalgaryMumDined on 9/14/2014Wow! Un brunch où toute la nourriture est faite sur place (même le pain et les confitures)! C'était délicieux et ça en valait le coup!Special Features:
- FoodiescouldntfindabetternameDined on 9/13/2014As usual, everything was perfect. We love French cuisine and we hate being disappointed. Chez Leveque est une valeur sure.Special Features:
- 30yearsOldQuebecCoupleDined on 9/7/2014Meilleurs oeufs bénédictines en ville!! Tres bon service, nourriture toujours aussi bon à chaque fois.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly good food.VeggieloverDined on 8/30/2014We had a group of 8, celebrating 4 birthdays. Our server was a doll, the food was absolutely good, the cocktails and wine were great. Overall, we had a fantastic and lavish meal without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Cozy, friendly and very French!greekchickDined on 8/30/2014This was not our first visit to the restaurant but we had not eaten there for awhile. Our dinner was wonderful and the quality was what we remembered. The osso bucco main dish and the watercress soup starter were fresh and beautifully prepared. Our guests from out of town were very pleased as well. The dinner specials are the best value in town for first class French cuisine without being stuffy or pretentious. Our waitstaff was friendly, attentive and helpful. We rediscovered a real gem and plan to dine there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good French Bistrot foodML601Dined on 8/23/2014I really loved the duck parmentier and my lobster bisque was very tasty. Everyone in our group had a great dinner and our server was amicable, efficient and funSpecial Features:
- Good food in a friendly atmospheresablinDined on 8/23/2014We have spent a very pleasant and relaxing evening with friends. The food was excellent, no matter what we have chosen. The service was fast, no waiting time between dishes. Our waitress was very helpful and smiling all the time. No rush from the staff to see us leaving once the bill was paid. Will come back definitely despite it was not our first time at Chez Levêque.Special Features:
- WonderfulyumyumDined on 8/17/2014Have been to Chez L. before-always excellent-perhaps a little heavy on the saltSpecial Features:
- Great late night findMF2014VIPDined on 8/15/2014They have a special menu for dining after 9 PM where all the entrees are $21 and include an appetizer (go for the lobster bisque). Cocktails for 6.66 after 9 as well.Special Features:
- not greatBadaboomDined on 8/10/2014The evening was not great. I ordered a Bouillabaisse and it came with no "soup" just pieces of seafood, I called the waiter over and he agreed and went to fill it up with some broth, which came back lukewarm. A salad that was ordered but when it arrived, it was the wrong salad. We ordered coffees and the order came back wrong-three Americanos,rather than two allonges and one americano. The service was very slow. The evening was expensive, the service bad and the food was mediocre. I live in Montreal, I was with a friend from France and two friends from India, everyone agreed.
- YUMyummyDined on 8/6/2014Food was great. we were on a work team building trip and everyone enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine experienceandyDined on 7/30/2014beautifully prepared and served: one of the best restaurants in montreal.Special Features:
- Un arrêt brunch a ne pas manquer.YoyoDined on 7/27/2014Super goût et présentation soigne. Le serveur était perdu et débordé. Sinon, tout était parfait. A mettre a votre liste pour une belle sortie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 85 reviews are from the Chez Leveque reviews archive.
- Wonderful Experience!FOODEDined on 7/26/2014Charming little place. I would definetely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place and good serviceLilyDined on 7/24/2014We got friendly service and the food is pretty good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for touristsLubimaDined on 7/19/2014Great choice for dinner, food and service are great......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'ai tout aimé!Inspecteur227Dined on 2/1/2014Nous avons eu un très bon repas e nous avons hâte d'y retourner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InteressantDandeRigaudDined on 2/1/2014Le restaurant par excellence pour manger des abats, de plus, le boudin noir et blanc est excellent. terrasse en été, personnels souriant et serviable. Bon choix, stationnement disponible.un peu partout alentour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too much salt in foods.cardinalDined on 1/18/2014Way too much salt in foods. A bit expensive on wine and apéritif but an outstanding service.
- New Years Evejcg56Dined on 12/31/2013We ate here when there was a special event menu so weren't able to sample all the offerings we had read about but the food was excellent. The unexpected surprise was a dance party at midnight when the restaurant exploded into a festive dance scene. Very friendly staff and patrons. We felt very welcome, Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- xmasGILLESDined on 12/25/2013i think for our first time at levesque xmas night was not the best decision. everyone in at 6.00 p.m plates a little cold . i suppose wanted to serve everyone fast for next sitting at 9.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Christmas BrunchtravellingaccountantDined on 12/25/2013We went for a 2pm Brunch on Christmas day; the food was excellent, and the service was outstanding. We were treated as though we were guests in their living room, the waitress was very friendly and constantly attending to us. The menu was in french, with no english translation, but the waitress translated everything for us as best she could. Very authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Chez LevequeluvslunchDined on 12/16/2013Choices on the Table d'hote were varied and interesting. No extra seasoning was needed! Attention was courteous. No rushing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ambinace at Chez LevequeBonaparteDined on 12/15/2013Good french food served at Chez Leveque. Sunday night was a busy night probably due to the holidays approaching. Poeple were a bit louder than ususal at the tables probably due to the holiday season approaching. The washrooms still have the gregorian music which has been a long feature of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- en Francais svpMarioRoyDined on 12/8/2013j'aurai aimé que ce sondage soit en Français,. La salade dans le plat du jour était plus que banale,Selon moi, surtout pas a la hauteur de la réputation culinaire de Chez Levesque. A revoir,svp Merci a vous et bonne journée MArio RoySpecial Features:
- Delicious Food; Sub-par ServiceFoodie4LifeDined on 11/15/2013I was very excited to try Chez Leveque based on the amazing food reviews it receives! I tried the late night menu! What an amazing deal! 2 courses for 21$ cannot be beat when the quality of the food is as high as at Chez Leveque. My friend had the filet mignon topped with Foie Gras. My beef tartare was fantastic! They came to the table to let me sample it to make sure the seasoning was to my taste (and it was bang on). The service, however, was very dissapointing! Rude waitress, incorrect cooking on the filet mignon, dessert given to me not as requested... All in all, amazing tasting food and service that needs polishing.Special Features:
- Good food but nothing extraordinryChefCristyDined on 11/10/2013Food was good but nothing extraordinary for the price you pay. They didnt have 2 of the appetizers that we wanted or the wine we asked for. We had three changes of servers. Overall the experience was ok but Montreal has way better restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2013great food & great service! nice ambiance, would definitely recommend and go backSpecial Features:
- The Family OutingJodyCDined on 11/10/2013We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We were 5 people. Everyone choose something different so we could try everything!! The onion soup had a wonderful flavour, mixed with a bit of maple sugar. The tuna tartar was almost meaty!! That's good. The filet mignon was done to perfection. The lamb shank was savory. The rabbit was well cooked. The fish had a wonderful sauce and the rissotto was creamy. I did not taste the scallops because there were not many. All the dishes were well presented. The only criticism would be that we would have appreciated a few more veggies. The desserts were wonderful!!! The wine and table service was very nice. We went early...5pm on a Sunday night and felt they were just waiting to serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great typical French restaurantmomoDined on 11/7/2013The food was good. I only gave it 3-stars because I felt the lobster bisque was a little intense with flavour & the duck breast & the veggies were a little bland. But then again, it is the typical French way. I just prefer my meats more salty and/or with a sauce or reduction. I had the maple macaron for dessert. The macaron itself was great, but I didn't find the raspberry coulis & apple sauce/butter accompanied the intensely sweet maple flavour well. Something more subtle like vanilla, champagne or a lightly spiced (nutmeg) coulis would have gone better. My friend enjoyed his steak & brownie! The service & the rest was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2013It is the second time I dine at Chez Leveque and both times I was not disappointed. While the ambiance is a little "older Outremont", and prices a little high, the food and service will greatly make up for it. I absolutely love tartare and their beef tartare is one of the best I've ever had. It comes with a copious amount of delicious fries and salad and the meat is seasoned perfectly. Their salmon tartar is also very good. Also worth mentioning, their brownie for desert. One word: yum. I definitely would return to try more dishes but if I have a tartare craving this is undoubtedly where I will go. Service was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un peu trop et pas assez...DivamelieDined on 11/7/2013Le service...un peu trop, presque une caricature. Un peu décevant dans l'assiette. C'était très bon, mais rien d'extraordinaire.Special Features: