Chez Francois - Vermilion
555 Main Street
Vermilion, OH 44089Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Chez Francois - Vermilion
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chezfrancois.com/
- Phone: (440) 967-0630
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, International
- Executive Chef: Chef D'Amico
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chez Francois' private dining room "The Parisian Room" has a 50 person capacity and overlooks the Vermilion River with views of the Vermilion Lagoons and Lake Erie. The restaurant caters to the wants and needs of their guests when events are planned in this room. Surprise birthday parties, baby showers, anniversaries, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Chef John D'Amico 4409670630
- Entertainment: Chez Francois features live entertainment of Saturdays at Touché, the music changes each week from acoustic guitar to Latin/Jazz to Rhythm & Blues. Sportcoat requested for dining inside; tie is optional. Business Casual is requested for River Front Cafe dining.
A word from Chez Francois - Vermilion
"If your a serious foodie" or "if romance is calling, sail on up" - literally - to this "French gem" on the Vermilion River, where the "sumptuous" menu and "professional but friendly" staff earn it the top rating from Food and Service in the Cleveland area; "well worth the drive" west of downtown , this "ethereal experience" (the perfect place to propose!") also includes a phenomenal wine list", "charming old world dining room" and "relaxing" riverfront cafe. Proper attire required. Touché a martini/wine bar was opened in 2007 and offers a "small plates" menu and a great selection of adult beverages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chez Francois - Vermilion - Best Restaurants in Vermilion ›
Chez Francois - Vermilion reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)romantic (146)fit for foodies (120)scenic view (117)notable wine list (116)great for outdoor dining (89)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (27)hot spot (26)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Amazing food, top notch service. Can't wait to return for another memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBHelfDined on 11/11/2014We decided to make the journey from the east side of Cleveland to Chez Francois in Vermilion to celebrate our Silver Anniversary. It was well worth the drive! Their attention to details is outstanding from the time we arrived until we left for the night. Appetizers, salad, main course and desserts where all 5 stars out of 5 stars. One of the most memorable dinner we have ever had. Thank you Chez Francois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experiencebuoncibo1Dined on 11/8/2014Truly one of Cleveland's finest place to dine. Professional, kind and courteous staff. Matt the owner is a hands on and genuinely friendly. I just love going there because I know he understands how to treat you as a person. There is a reason Chez Francois has been in business for 27 years. Everybody should be like this place. High marks to Matt and all his staff.Special Features:
- Truffle-tasticchupoonDined on 11/7/2014Chef's white & black truffle diner was outstanding. Do not let the course titles of scrambled eggs or veal with root vegetables fool you- this isn't your mom's eggs or beef. It's wonderfully simple & complex courses with terrific service. Both of our 2 servers were gracious, enjoyed their work & knew the food & how to make their guests feel like they were regulars & special all at once. The food was amazing. The wine list outstanding. The restaurant is beautiful & elegant. We did not have much of a view or eat outside, I know from past experience the deck is a wonderful place to enjoy during warmer months. If you can afford it, do the truffle dinner. If it's too pricey for you, other great to be had. Wonderful folks. Fantastic food.Special Features:
- SuperbDan28Dined on 11/1/2014From the friendly and knowledgeable staff, to the beautiful setting and of course the fabulous food, Chez Francois never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent service and interesting food. Food and wine list are on the expensive side. A little inconvenient.Special Features:
- Always Wonderful!LeestwiseDined on 10/30/2014Because we do not live close by, we usually cannot make it to this restaurant more than once a year, but it never disappoints! We had the Horseradish-encrusted Salmon and the Beef Wellington with foie gras—wow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The ambiance, the food, the service - all are excellent. It's a long drive to get there, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Fantastic!ChrisandBobRDined on 10/25/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. She loves French food and the cuisine was excellent. We had one of the best meals of our lives. We would definitely return and will soon.Special Features:
- Lovely place to dineCuisine084Dined on 10/25/2014We were celebrating our anniversary, and chose Chez Francois. The atmosphere is elegant. The lake view is spectacular. The wine list is extensive. The food was delicious. The waiters were attentive and helpful without being intrusive. We truly enjoyed our evening, and will be pleased to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Food, service, wine list, river and lake views - all top notch. My favorite restaurant in the state of OH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Northeast Ohio!d4laughDined on 10/18/2014Wow!!!! by far best restaurant in north east Ohio. Excellent food, great service and beautiful location on river. REAL french/european food. Great wine selection. The only place in Ohio that made me feel like back in Europe. Thank you! Will come back many times!Special Features:
- Excellent food, competent staffMaketimetodineDined on 10/18/2014Definitely a dining experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and engaging with the proper and correct amount of humor. Oh so pleasant. A tad pricey but when balanced and defined by the awesome quality of food and "gifts" throughout the dinner make it a none issue. In short, life has a certain flavor that the protected whom have not dined at Chez Francois will never taste! Excellent for that special occasion or for an occasion that you want to make special just because you can by dining at Chez Francios!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTimmyDined on 10/17/2014Best service and great place to go . We are coming back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choicetoogoodDined on 10/14/2014was very pleased with the personal attention from the servers. the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!DaanaDined on 10/12/2014All courses were excellent. We had lobster bisque and the salmon. Wine was superb. Dessert was a final nice touch. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we expectedJamieOHDined on 10/11/2014Everything we expected and more, an exquisite dining experience, vast wine list and excellent staff, that trulely wanted us to have an incredible dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Five of us girls went to Chez Francois for a birthday celebration. It was fabulous. The whole dining experience was top notch and I cannot remember a more perfect evening. Kudos to you Chez Francois!!!Special Features:
- ecewDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and ambiance; service was a little slow for a week night with less than half the tables occupied.Special Features:
- Happy anniverseryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The staff was attentive to every need without being intrusive. The food was excellent. The Sea scallops were the best I have ever had. My wife had Veal medallions with shrimp and scallops she loved them and the taste she gave me was fantastic. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a delightful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014We were very impressed with the restaurant from the time we arrived to the time we departed. The service was very accommodating, attentive and experienced. The food among the best. We will be frequenting this restaurant not just for special occasions but now as a nice treat. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeAllaBoutdafud1Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10-yr anniversary here as there is no other place we could think of that compares to Chez Francois! Amazing dining and food experience as always! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJBaileyDined on 10/4/2014Some of the best cuisine I've had in Ohio. I went there while on my honeymoon...a very romantic venue on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRWM1906VIPDined on 10/4/2014My partner and I had a fantastic birthday dinner at Chez Francois Saturday night. We are so pleased we found this place and plan to celebrate all future birthdays here at this lovely place. The food, ambiance, and service indeed were superb! Thank you!Special Features:
- always a special nightsohbeeDined on 10/4/2014This is our fifth or sixth trip to Chez Francois. Although it is an hour drive for us, it is always worth it. The service is impeccable, friendly and helpful. The food, presentation and choices are wonderful. Will keep coming backSpecial Features:
- Appetizers to Die For!MKD2Dined on 10/4/2014Appetizers were phenomenal, we had the pumpkin soup (amazing), foie gras, pate. The meals were not as good - I had rack of lamb and was disappointed. Filet very good, lobster special had too much sauce, a bit rich. We overdid it with the appetizers, but I am glad because that we certainly the highlight. Terrific, top of the line service and a wine list to drool over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual PilgrimageFannyDined on 10/2/2014Friends and I have to drive a bit to get to this amazing restaurant on the water. The atmosphere is welcoming and serene. The waitpersons are efficient and don't hurry you. The food is just wonderful. It is always a very special experience and I am already thinking about next year's visit. Maybe we won't wait a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow a great Dinner!!!DesiLuvsgoingoutVIPDined on 9/30/2014We went for our first time and sat on the patio. It was chilly so the doors were closed but the view was terrific. We had a great waitress Alisson---Ask for her she was terrific. Also Matt the owner was very helpful on wine and the menu. The food was out of this world. We had Dover Sole and Beef Wellington---The Soups were delicious. We have been to some of the best restaurants in the U.S. and Chez Francois ranks up there. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out!have2havemoreDined on 9/27/2014If you want a special and romantic night out without children around, and you want elegance, Luxurious surroundings, excellent food with stuff on the menu that you usually don't find unless you're in a fancy restaurant. Pure relaxation. Awesome extensive wine list. We will definitely be back at least 2-3 times a year. More often than that takes away from making it a special occasion and we look forward to our special occasions! Completely satisfied!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Of The Best AnywheretpachDined on 9/26/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary here, and the experience was excellent, as it always is at Chez. This is an amazing restaurant for special occasions but is also great for a night out with friends. The atmosphere is elegant but never feels overly stuffy. The food and wine list are superb, and there is always something new to try. The service is impeccable as well as being friendly, two things that don't often go together. I personally believe it would be at the top of many people's lists if it happened to be in New York, San Francisco, or Paris. We are fortunate to have such a great place so near us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken &BarbnothappyVIPDined on 9/26/2014We made reservations for 34th wedding anniversary. This restaurant was without a doubt the best restaurant that we have ever been to and we plan on coming back here for other special occasions. The food was outstanding and the whole staff at the restaurant was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The ambiance and view is excellent, definitely worth the visit. But the food was a disappointment for a 5 star restaurant. There was no other choice than a spinach salad which is fine unless you are allergic to spinach. Veal was over breadied and the seafood on it drenched with wine, carpaccio covered in baguettes. Presentation of both dishes had much to be desired!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingChefAllegra1214Dined on 9/21/2014Chez Francois has been the best restaurant that I have dined at in the United States. A true 5 star restaurant. Ambiance is great, is was very peaceful and quite, food was fantastic and service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVBordainMikeVBordainDined on 9/19/2014Fantistic food and service. Met all of my high expectations. Spent 1/2 hr in bar and 2 1/2 in dining room. Not rushed in the least. Servers were very very good. Dinner for four $280 pre tip. Worth every penny. Nice that Jackets are required for men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Happy BirthdayClayBuckVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were lucky to celebrate my birthday on a beautiful September evening out on the patio overlooking the lagoons. The soft shell crabs were the best ever. Service was the usual, flawless! This is a top rated place to dine and we always leave anticipating our next visit.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Still one of the top dining experiences in Northern Ohio. Tremendous wait staff, excellent wine list and the food is fantastic. A 5 star experience every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbReviewnumber2Dined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent, wine selection on point and desserts with dessert wine matching were beyond expectation! The ambiance I had rated 4stars only due to once the sun had set phones came out as the solution to viewing the menu. The wine menu listed via tablet/IPad is in my opinion very progressive and amazing. Often restaurants over time falter with changing seasons or menus and in the case of "that French restaurant in vermillion" I applaud your abilities in the progress over time. I intend to dine again soon if not next season and recommend to every friend or acquaintance who has every heard of Ohio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday dinner!BirthdayGirlDined on 9/17/2014My husband and I went there for my birthday, and it was incredible! Service was amazing! Food was absolutely incredible!!!! Even left overs were wrapped in such a way, that I enjoyed it next day for lunch just as much. Definitely a great place, especially for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabuloustbl4fiveDined on 9/14/2014First time at Chez Francois and it blew away my expectations. Delicious meal, wonderful service and gorgeous views from the patio. Can't wait to go again! The wait staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The food is some of the best and most creative in Cleveland and the setting, WOW! A hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal time after timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014You can't go wrong at Chez Francois. Be prepared to spend but it's so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.