Chez Francois - Vermilion
555 Main Street
Vermilion, OH 44089Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Chez Francois - Vermilion
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chezfrancois.com/
- Phone: 440-967-0630
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, International
- Executive Chef: Chef D'Amico
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chez Francois' private dining room "The Parisian Room" has a 50 person capacity and overlooks the Vermilion River with views of the Vermilion Lagoons and Lake Erie. The restaurant caters to the wants and needs of their guests when events are planned in this room. Surprise birthday parties, baby showers, anniversaries, etc.
- Private Party Contact: Chef John D'Amico 4409670630
- Entertainment: Chez Francois features live entertainment of Saturdays at Touché, the music changes each week from acoustic guitar to Latin/Jazz to Rhythm & Blues. Sportcoat requested for dining inside; tie is optional. Business Casual is requested for River Front Cafe dining.
A word from Chez Francois - Vermilion
"If your a serious foodie" or "if romance is calling, sail on up" - literally - to this "French gem" on the Vermilion River, where the "sumptuous" menu and "professional but friendly" staff earn it the top rating from Food and Service in the Cleveland area; "well worth the drive" west of downtown , this "ethereal experience" (the perfect place to propose!") also includes a phenomenal wine list", "charming old world dining room" and "relaxing" riverfront cafe. Proper attire required. Touché a martini/wine bar was opened in 2007 and offers a "small plates" menu and a great selection of adult beverages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chez Francois - Vermilion - Best Restaurants in Vermilion ›
Chez Francois - Vermilion reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)romantic (176)scenic view (148)notable wine list (141)fit for foodies (139)great for outdoor dining (125)neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (35)hot spot (30)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- One of the Best !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Food, service, wine list, river and lake views - all top notch. My favorite restaurant in the state of OH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Northeast Ohio!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wow!!!! by far best restaurant in north east Ohio. Excellent food, great service and beautiful location on river. REAL french/european food. Great wine selection. The only place in Ohio that made me feel like back in Europe. Thank you! Will come back many times!Special Features:
- Excellent food, competent staffMaketimetodineDined on 10/18/2014Definitely a dining experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and engaging with the proper and correct amount of humor. Oh so pleasant. A tad pricey but when balanced and defined by the awesome quality of food and "gifts" throughout the dinner make it a none issue. In short, life has a certain flavor that the protected whom have not dined at Chez Francois will never taste! Excellent for that special occasion or for an occasion that you want to make special just because you can by dining at Chez Francios!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTimmyDined on 10/17/2014Best service and great place to go . We are coming back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choicetoogoodDined on 10/14/2014was very pleased with the personal attention from the servers. the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!DaanaDined on 10/12/2014All courses were excellent. We had lobster bisque and the salmon. Wine was superb. Dessert was a final nice touch. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we expectedJamieOHDined on 10/11/2014Everything we expected and more, an exquisite dining experience, vast wine list and excellent staff, that trulely wanted us to have an incredible dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Five of us girls went to Chez Francois for a birthday celebration. It was fabulous. The whole dining experience was top notch and I cannot remember a more perfect evening. Kudos to you Chez Francois!!!Special Features:
- ecewDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and ambiance; service was a little slow for a week night with less than half the tables occupied.Special Features:
- Happy anniverseryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The staff was attentive to every need without being intrusive. The food was excellent. The Sea scallops were the best I have ever had. My wife had Veal medallions with shrimp and scallops she loved them and the taste she gave me was fantastic. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a delightful dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014We were very impressed with the restaurant from the time we arrived to the time we departed. The service was very accommodating, attentive and experienced. The food among the best. We will be frequenting this restaurant not just for special occasions but now as a nice treat. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeAllaBoutdafud1Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10-yr anniversary here as there is no other place we could think of that compares to Chez Francois! Amazing dining and food experience as always! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJBaileyDined on 10/4/2014Some of the best cuisine I've had in Ohio. I went there while on my honeymoon...a very romantic venue on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRWM1906VIPDined on 10/4/2014My partner and I had a fantastic birthday dinner at Chez Francois Saturday night. We are so pleased we found this place and plan to celebrate all future birthdays here at this lovely place. The food, ambiance, and service indeed were superb! Thank you!Special Features:
- always a special nightsohbeeDined on 10/4/2014This is our fifth or sixth trip to Chez Francois. Although it is an hour drive for us, it is always worth it. The service is impeccable, friendly and helpful. The food, presentation and choices are wonderful. Will keep coming backSpecial Features:
- Appetizers to Die For!MKD2Dined on 10/4/2014Appetizers were phenomenal, we had the pumpkin soup (amazing), foie gras, pate. The meals were not as good - I had rack of lamb and was disappointed. Filet very good, lobster special had too much sauce, a bit rich. We overdid it with the appetizers, but I am glad because that we certainly the highlight. Terrific, top of the line service and a wine list to drool over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual PilgrimageFannyDined on 10/2/2014Friends and I have to drive a bit to get to this amazing restaurant on the water. The atmosphere is welcoming and serene. The waitpersons are efficient and don't hurry you. The food is just wonderful. It is always a very special experience and I am already thinking about next year's visit. Maybe we won't wait a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow a great Dinner!!!DesiLuvsgoingoutDined on 9/30/2014We went for our first time and sat on the patio. It was chilly so the doors were closed but the view was terrific. We had a great waitress Alisson---Ask for her she was terrific. Also Matt the owner was very helpful on wine and the menu. The food was out of this world. We had Dover Sole and Beef Wellington---The Soups were delicious. We have been to some of the best restaurants in the U.S. and Chez Francois ranks up there. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out!have2havemoreDined on 9/27/2014If you want a special and romantic night out without children around, and you want elegance, Luxurious surroundings, excellent food with stuff on the menu that you usually don't find unless you're in a fancy restaurant. Pure relaxation. Awesome extensive wine list. We will definitely be back at least 2-3 times a year. More often than that takes away from making it a special occasion and we look forward to our special occasions! Completely satisfied!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Of The Best AnywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary here, and the experience was excellent, as it always is at Chez. This is an amazing restaurant for special occasions but is also great for a night out with friends. The atmosphere is elegant but never feels overly stuffy. The food and wine list are superb, and there is always something new to try. The service is impeccable as well as being friendly, two things that don't often go together. I personally believe it would be at the top of many people's lists if it happened to be in New York, San Francisco, or Paris. We are fortunate to have such a great place so near us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken &BarbnothappyVIPDined on 9/26/2014We made reservations for 34th wedding anniversary. This restaurant was without a doubt the best restaurant that we have ever been to and we plan on coming back here for other special occasions. The food was outstanding and the whole staff at the restaurant was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The ambiance and view is excellent, definitely worth the visit. But the food was a disappointment for a 5 star restaurant. There was no other choice than a spinach salad which is fine unless you are allergic to spinach. Veal was over breadied and the seafood on it drenched with wine, carpaccio covered in baguettes. Presentation of both dishes had much to be desired!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingChefAllegra1214Dined on 9/21/2014Chez Francois has been the best restaurant that I have dined at in the United States. A true 5 star restaurant. Ambiance is great, is was very peaceful and quite, food was fantastic and service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVBordainMikeVBordainDined on 9/19/2014Fantistic food and service. Met all of my high expectations. Spent 1/2 hr in bar and 2 1/2 in dining room. Not rushed in the least. Servers were very very good. Dinner for four $280 pre tip. Worth every penny. Nice that Jackets are required for men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Happy BirthdayClayBuckVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were lucky to celebrate my birthday on a beautiful September evening out on the patio overlooking the lagoons. The soft shell crabs were the best ever. Service was the usual, flawless! This is a top rated place to dine and we always leave anticipating our next visit.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Still one of the top dining experiences in Northern Ohio. Tremendous wait staff, excellent wine list and the food is fantastic. A 5 star experience every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbReviewnumber2Dined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent, wine selection on point and desserts with dessert wine matching were beyond expectation! The ambiance I had rated 4stars only due to once the sun had set phones came out as the solution to viewing the menu. The wine menu listed via tablet/IPad is in my opinion very progressive and amazing. Often restaurants over time falter with changing seasons or menus and in the case of "that French restaurant in vermillion" I applaud your abilities in the progress over time. I intend to dine again soon if not next season and recommend to every friend or acquaintance who has every heard of Ohio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday dinner!BirthdayGirlDined on 9/17/2014My husband and I went there for my birthday, and it was incredible! Service was amazing! Food was absolutely incredible!!!! Even left overs were wrapped in such a way, that I enjoyed it next day for lunch just as much. Definitely a great place, especially for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabuloustbl4fiveDined on 9/14/2014First time at Chez Francois and it blew away my expectations. Delicious meal, wonderful service and gorgeous views from the patio. Can't wait to go again! The wait staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The food is some of the best and most creative in Cleveland and the setting, WOW! A hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal time after timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014You can't go wrong at Chez Francois. Be prepared to spend but it's so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversary experience.dks1Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary at Chez and they made it a truly memorable experience for us from beginning to end. We were greeted warmly on arrival and ushered to a beautiful table in the middle of the restaurant with a great view of the outdoors. The server and table attendant(s) were professional, courteous, helpful and gracious. The food was exceptional, as was the wine. This restaurant has managed to stay on the top for a long time, so you know they are doing something right. I highly recommend Chez for anyone looking for a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to this restaurant!FoodguyDined on 9/9/2014Great for a fall evening dinner. Sit outside and soak in the view of Lake Erie. Food an service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAVE TO EAT HERE MORE OFTENHECHADined on 9/9/2014WE HAVE KEPT CHEZ FRANCOIS AS A SPECIAL DINING EXPERIENCE OVER THE YEARS, NOW THE SPECIAL OCCASIONS HAVE TO BE MORE OFTEN AS WE ARE GETTING OLDER. OUR 53rd ANNIVERSARY DINNER WAS THE BEEF WELLINGTON AND THE PETIT FILET, WHICH COULD BE CUT WITH A FORK AND IT MELTED IN YOUR MOUTH. NO ROOM FOR DESERT. OUR LOSS THE PATIO WAS FILLED FOR A TUESDAY NIGHT AND THE INSIDE DINING ROOM WAS ALSO CROWDED. THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES. WILL BE THERE FOR OUR SPECIAL OCCASION ( we have to find one) NEXT MONTH AND THE MONTH AFTER THATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up sell everythingKenAVIPDined on 9/7/2014I had not been to Chez Francois for many years and was looking forward to the meal for a special occasion. My family drove an hour to get there. I hope the main chef was off on our visit because there was nothing exceptional. I have a problem when the server up sells everything...appetizer, drinks, main courses and even dessert. All in all, the meal was bland and uninspired. I am glad we went because I now have no desire to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Loved it! I did not know there was outdoor dining when I made reservations, but when we arrived and saw the out door dining I asked if we could be seated outside and they went out of their way to find a table with a fantastic view and prepare it for us. Service is wonderful. Food fantastic.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!ladyelizabetheDined on 9/5/2014We have celebrated every anniversary with Chez Francois for the last 10 years. It is always a delight and the food and service are exquisite. We would not go anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True GemTomsgirlDined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful dinner here. The food was phenomenal as was the service. We will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French DinnerglorDined on 9/5/2014They made my sweetbreads just like I wanted them. Wonderful. My guests also enjoyed their meal. David woofed down the veal chop. Christine loved the squash that was served instead of the pasta. She thought you should always serve it with the squash. It made it gluten free for her but she loved it. She loved the dish. The wine we had was very good. Great view from inside, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really one of the best in OhioJackPDined on 9/4/2014Every few years we go here and forget how outstanding it really is. Food and ambiance are superior and the service is as close to Manhattan as one gets in this part of the countrySpecial Features:
- Delicious Labor Day WeekendIndigo05VIPDined on 8/31/2014We chose Chez Francois for outdoor dining to celebrate the end of summer with friends. We were seated at a nice table and enjoyed a beautiful meal with a great view. The chef's seasonal specials are always a good choice. I chose the red snapper with fresh peaches and my husband had the lobster thermidor. Both were superb. Service was quite good until later in our meal when it seemed we waited forever for our coffee, desserts and check (which is not typical based on previous dining experiences here). At least if you have to wait, it's pleasant enough at the most beautiful waterfront dining spot in Ohio.Special Features: