2 E. Grace St.
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezfoushee.com/
- Phone: (804) 648-3225
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30 - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Josh Wood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: With over 25 years of catering experience, Chez Foushee specializes in elegant events of any size. We offer event coordination, floral design and menu planning to help you enjoy your event to the fullest. Our seamless service and seasonal menus contribute to the success of your function. Utilizing partnerships with our vendors allows for impressive occasions with a focus on quality at a reasonable price. We also have a Cocktail Party Platter menu for hassle free, pick up and serve occasions including stylishly displayed buffet style selections.
- Private Party Facilities: At Chez Foushee, we have over 20 years of experience in catering and have prepared for events ranging from society galas to corporate receptions.
Our dining room is available for on-site private dinners of approximately 30 – 50 guests and cocktail functions up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Spurgeon 8046483225x
- Cross Street: Foushee
- Public Transit: We are located 1 block from the major bus line running on Broad St. with a stop at the intersection of Broad and Foushee St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Chez Foushee has plenty of street parking along with off-street parking in the Parkway Parking lot adjacent to our location. No payment required for the lot we take care of that for you.
A word from Chez Foushee
Chez Foushee opened in the Fall of 1989 as a small deli and catering operation offering carry-out and boxed lunches. As business continued to flourish a number of renovations occurred and the entire building was purchased in the Fall of 1995. Located in historic Monroe Ward, just blocks from the venerable Jefferson Hotel, we are situated close to downtown and the Broad Street arts district. Chez Foushee offers lunch and carry-out weekdays, as well as dinner every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We offer brunch Sunday mornings. Our menus change seasonally with an emphasis on fresh, local and sustainable ingredients. On site catering is available Monday – Thursday for private dinner and cocktail parties. Semi-private dining is offered on Friday and Saturday evenings. Please inquire about full-service offsite catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Chez Foushee - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Chez Foushee reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (52)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (26)good for groups (15)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014If you want a high quality great tasting dish, Chez Foushee is the place to book. Love the ambiance of the restaurant as well. Worth every dime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShowtimeDined on 11/8/2014There were three of us at dinner and all of us had a terrific meal. I ordered the brussel sprout salad without pecans -- it came with nuts and I had to send it back but they were very apologetic and immediately replaced the dish and comped us for it. Mistakes happen but the way our server handled it was great. The truffle fries were to die for! I would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingJarryDined on 11/6/2014We have eaten at Chez Fouschee for lunch many times over many years, but had never tried dinner. We went before theater and it was fairly crowded; we had reservations. My chicken thighs with cherries, etc. was good but my wife's $ 30 blackened red snapper was burned (so badly she couldn't eat the top of it) rather than blackened and was tiny. She speculated they had tossed the rest of the fish because it was burned even worse. We would have sent it back had we had time. You shouldn't go away from dinner hungry.Special Features:
- Always GreatFranicDined on 11/6/2014I have been going to Chez Fouchee for years. It never fails to be exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbckingthingsoutDined on 11/6/2014You can't ask for more - great atmosphere, great food, and great service!Special Features:
- wonderful dinner!DiandralDined on 10/31/2014We had an outstanding dinner. They had their 25th anniversary 3 course fixed price menu and we had one of each item. The turtle soup was the best we have had and the grouper was amazing. The deserts were the best we have had in a while.Special Features:
- Would definitely go againCheyanneDined on 10/31/2014The setting is lovely, and the food was good. The service was friendly and accommodating. Very good pate appetizer.Special Features:
- OutstandingSatisfiedDined on 10/30/2014I found this restaurant on line and read the reviews of previous diners. I'm glad I trusted their opinion. I am a Louisiana native and loved the food. It was wonderful!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner--everything was delicious and it was all a great value--particularly the wine!Special Features:
- excellent restaurant and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014excellent food and service. staff is very friendly and space is stunning. great drinks and desserts! seafood was cooked to perfection. nice variety of appetizers and entrees with some creole options that are delicious.Special Features:
- WonderfulSarahDined on 10/24/2014This is a great restaurant for an intimate dinner or brunch. Creative dishes, delicious food, and good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meat at Chez FousheeAl2eatDined on 10/23/2014Went back to Foushee because we could not get reservations anywhere for Restaurant Week. We should have started there first! They were having a special anniversary meal for $25. But even without the special price, the ratings and review would be the same. Excellent food. I had braised ribs that melted in my mouth. My wife had a pork shoulder that was excellent. A good wine that was also a special. Service was outstanding, attentive but not intrusive. And unlike many Richmond restaurants these days, you could actually talk without shouting. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- 25th year! Birthday for us!AgrumpDined on 10/18/2014Reservation requests met. Not rushed but table drink and food management should have been more timely. The mussels great table starter but ask if bread is ready or dish may chill , bartender kept up but waiter should get party starter sooner. Brussels sprout served as entree for 1 dinner, the special beef steak was cooked perfectly medium rare, the trout filets were also great and no little bones, all the sides paired very nice. Our Carmel chocolate dessert was shared as we finished our wine. Ticket with a 12$ drink , hot tea, and a $30 wine for three was 116$ before adding the excessive RVA tax 12%, tip was added at my 20% level even though the service did not warrant. Still recommend for dinner and will return on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to spot!EatsalotDined on 10/18/2014Always delicious! Our favorite before we see a play downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyRenzDined on 10/17/2014The staff greeted this party of 1 with empathy and joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez Foushee -- a Richmond favoriteDianaVIPDined on 10/17/20142 friends and I absolutely loved our dinner at Chez Foushee on a Friday night before the theatre. Cocktails and the chef's cuisine were perfectly prepared. Because the menu is seasonal and changing, you might not be able to get what I ordered. If you ever can, try the shrimp & pumpkin bisque; delicious, full of shrimp and had a lovely kick that made it very special. My trout with beans and mushrooms, was also delicious. As each course came and went, I looked at our 3 plates and there wasn't a bit left on any of them. We finished with hot toffee pudding that did not disappoint. Everything that can possibly be made is made at Chez Foushee; even the butter.Special Features:
- Second Visit Also DelightedSusnandBowWDined on 10/16/2014An early dinner several months ago had us eagerly anticipating our return visit. We were once again charmed by this small restaurant which, as indicated by a special menu is marking 25 years in business. They have kept up with the times! Very interesting menu was executed deftly. The date night wine special has jumped to $25 from $18, but we enjoyed a tasty Gavi that was eel worth the price. The date night 2 course dinner at $25 offered excellent options. Shrimp and creamy grits as well as steak were superb. One of our party felt the trout had been cooked a bit beyond perfect. Highly recommend Chez Foushee!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchFoodetteDined on 10/12/2014The building itself along with the interior are just beautiful and welcoming. The staff is amazing friendly and they serve an excellent cup of coffee. The brunch menu was interesting but the execution fell a little short. We ordered the french toast and it was a bit underdone and the fruit seemed less fresh than you'd expect. While we don't go for giant portions during our meals, we were surprised by how small some of the offerings were. For instance, a side of fruit was 1 strawberry, 1 slice of cantaloupe and 1 slice of honeydew. It came across like more of a garnish than a side. The service was absolutely wonderful which is why our overall rating was higher. We are willing to give it another try though because of the service.Special Features:
- MSKMskBvkDined on 10/11/2014always a favorite spot to celebrate life and blessings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Chez!Kittie1catVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always perfect. My first choice restaurant in Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch or dinnerDianaVIPDined on 10/6/2014I've been to Chez Foushee many times and am always delighted with the service and the food. Lunches or dinners are both special there. Lunch this time was no exception. My friend and I enjoyed the braised chicken thigh with cherries ... delicious and a perfect fall choice.Special Features:
- Great service, okay foodFoodie48Dined on 9/20/2014The service and ambience were fantastic. The drinks were great too. However some of the dishes were very salty. I normally love a little extra salt but this was just too much. I'd steer clear of the shrimp and grits and the Caesar salad for this reason. Dessert was great!Special Features:
- A consistent great experiencerestaurantmavenVIPDined on 9/20/2014Chez Foushee is a wonderful spot, great food, great atmosphere, great service. Thanks!Special Features:
- One of many Richmond greatsChicagoRichmondDined on 9/19/2014It is very difficult to stand out in such a great food city as Richmond. Chez Foushee presents a unique choice with their take on food preparation and presentation. The fish options that we selected were nicely done (salmon and grouper). Although there was a mix up on our order, they made it right. They obviously cared deeply about patron satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerBelleFullDined on 9/12/2014Intimate experience with outstanding food. Interesting flavor combinations, nice wine list, warm and friendly staff.Special Features:
- What a gem!JackieDined on 8/31/2014We absolutely adore Chez Foushee! Over the past two years, our brunch group has tried multiple restaurants and locations in search of our favorite ambiance, food, bloody mary/mimosa, and all around experience. Chez Foushee has been consistently at the very top of our list in food, ambiance, and general experience. We've been there twice for brunch and once for dinner, and are always more than delighted to be there. Thank you for being such a wonderful restaurant! None of us have ever had a bad meal with you all, and we'll most definitely be returning again soon!Special Features:
- Special occasion gembubbaDined on 8/28/2014We went to Chez Foushee for my wife's birthday dinner as we do every year.The dinner was most enjoyable and we were able to make use of their Happy Hour bargains. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- A Richmond FavoriteDianaVIPDined on 8/28/2014I've enjoyed lunch at Chez Foushee several times and was always glad I did. The ambience, service, & food are always just right. I tried the soup special, sweet pea with ham, and found it delicious, loaded with ham, but not heavy. Full of light from windows on 2 sides and the crisp white linens, Chez Foushee is a lovely place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of Paris !WineguyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Amazing food and service. This restaurant was like a slice of Paris. Fresh, friendly and very tasty !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch venueBusinesslunchDined on 8/8/2014We had a wonderful lunch. Great good and service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Good FoodDinner4twoDined on 8/7/2014The ambiance was great, the food was very good, but the portions could have been bigger and sevice was great. We will love the experience and will return often to dine at Chez Foushee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Although they were out of both steak items on the menu, the salad and main course (grouper) were phenomenal. Also tried the lemon butter cake, delicious! Delightful owner/host! Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningJohnDined on 8/2/2014Lovely atmosphere for an excellent meal. Great menu of enticing starters and entres. Very convenient to VA Rep theatre with free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal!BuddhlaDined on 7/31/2014We love this little restaurant. The food and the service are always excellent! Their portion sizes and their flavors are definitely southern. We have never leave this place hungry. We always make it a point to stop by whenever we are in Richmond. We truly recommend this little gem!Special Features:
- Not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We recently took our two grown daughters and their spouses to Chez Foushee to celebrate two birthdays. We have had several enjoyable dinners there in the past and thought it would be a treat for them. Sorry to say it did not live up to expectations. Two ordered steak and it was not the cut listed on the menu. Both pieces had gristle and fat running through. I ordered the Mahi Mahi with spinach risotto. The fish came on top of what looked like pea soup. I was only able to eat about half the fish before being overwhelmed by the amount of black pepper (and I like black pepper!). The Brussels sprout salad was good but that was about it. Big waste of money. Sorry, CF, won't be back.
- The following 281 reviews are from the Chez Foushee reviews archive.
- Love the restaurantTresBienDined on 7/10/2014The waiter remembered us from last time a few months back. Great vibe. Busy night so service a bit slow but not any real problem as we were with friends and not in a rush. Our out of town guests loved it. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez FousheeBremo2VIPDined on 7/10/2014Chez Foushee is our favorite restaurant in Richmond. We would eat there more often if we actually lived in Richmond. The food and service are consistently good and the ambiance is pleasing. The front, where the small bar is can get noisy, but the back is more moderate and because of the layout noise from the bar area is more of a background hum than a real distraction. The menu isn't long, but it is nicely varied, and everything my wife and I have tried there has been very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicelauri1VIPDined on 7/10/2014Great service but i felt the restaurant is a bit tired. The food good.
- Great lunch!CoffeyDined on 7/2/2014Great food and atmosphere for a business lunch. Also interesting building and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch FindPadgVIPDined on 6/29/2014First time here and was very pleased. Food and service were extraordinary .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.