2 E. Grace St.
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezfoushee.com/
- Phone: 8046483225x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30 - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Josh Wood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: With over 25 years of catering experience, Chez Foushee specializes in elegant events of any size. We offer event coordination, floral design and menu planning to help you enjoy your event to the fullest. Our seamless service and seasonal menus contribute to the success of your function. Utilizing partnerships with our vendors allows for impressive occasions with a focus on quality at a reasonable price. We also have a Cocktail Party Platter menu for hassle free, pick up and serve occasions including stylishly displayed buffet style selections.
- Private Party Facilities: At Chez Foushee, we have over 20 years of experience in catering and have prepared for events ranging from society galas to corporate receptions.
Our dining room is available for on-site private dinners of approximately 30 – 50 guests and cocktail functions up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Spurgeon 8046483225x
- Cross Street: Foushee
- Public Transit: We are located 1 block from the major bus line running on Broad St. with a stop at the intersection of Broad and Foushee St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Chez Foushee has plenty of street parking along with off-street parking in the Parkway Parking lot adjacent to our location. No payment required for the lot we take care of that for you.
A word from Chez Foushee
Chez Foushee opened in the Fall of 1989 as a small deli and catering operation offering carry-out and boxed lunches. As business continued to flourish a number of renovations occurred and the entire building was purchased in the Fall of 1995. Located in historic Monroe Ward, just blocks from the venerable Jefferson Hotel, we are situated close to downtown and the Broad Street arts district. Chez Foushee offers lunch and carry-out weekdays, as well as dinner every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We offer brunch Sunday mornings. Our menus change seasonally with an emphasis on fresh, local and sustainable ingredients. On site catering is available Monday – Thursday for private dinner and cocktail parties. Semi-private dining is offered on Friday and Saturday evenings. Please inquire about full-service offsite catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Chez Foushee - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Chez Foushee reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (38)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (29)good for groups (18)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- A Richmond FavoriteDianaVIPDined on 8/28/2014I've enjoyed lunch at Chez Foushee several times and was always glad I did. The ambience, service, & food are always just right. I tried the soup special, sweet pea with ham, and found it delicious, loaded with ham, but not heavy. Full of light from windows on 2 sides and the crisp white linens, Chez Foushee is a lovely place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of Paris !WineguyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Amazing food and service. This restaurant was like a slice of Paris. Fresh, friendly and very tasty !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch venueBusinesslunchDined on 8/8/2014We had a wonderful lunch. Great good and service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Awesome find...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Although they were out of both steak items on the menu, the salad and main course (grouper) were phenomenal. Also tried the lemon butter cake, delicious! Delightful owner/host! Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningJohnDined on 8/2/2014Lovely atmosphere for an excellent meal. Great menu of enticing starters and entres. Very convenient to VA Rep theatre with free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal!BuddhlaDined on 7/31/2014We love this little restaurant. The food and the service are always excellent! Their portion sizes and their flavors are definitely southern. We have never leave this place hungry. We always make it a point to stop by whenever we are in Richmond. We truly recommend this little gem!Special Features:
- Not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014We recently took our two grown daughters and their spouses to Chez Foushee to celebrate two birthdays. We have had several enjoyable dinners there in the past and thought it would be a treat for them. Sorry to say it did not live up to expectations. Two ordered steak and it was not the cut listed on the menu. Both pieces had gristle and fat running through. I ordered the Mahi Mahi with spinach risotto. The fish came on top of what looked like pea soup. I was only able to eat about half the fish before being overwhelmed by the amount of black pepper (and I like black pepper!). The Brussels sprout salad was good but that was about it. Big waste of money. Sorry, CF, won't be back.
- Love the restaurantTresBienDined on 7/10/2014The waiter remembered us from last time a few months back. Great vibe. Busy night so service a bit slow but not any real problem as we were with friends and not in a rush. Our out of town guests loved it. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez FousheeBremo2VIPDined on 7/10/2014Chez Foushee is our favorite restaurant in Richmond. We would eat there more often if we actually lived in Richmond. The food and service are consistently good and the ambiance is pleasing. The front, where the small bar is can get noisy, but the back is more moderate and because of the layout noise from the bar area is more of a background hum than a real distraction. The menu isn't long, but it is nicely varied, and everything my wife and I have tried there has been very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicelauri1VIPDined on 7/10/2014Great service but i felt the restaurant is a bit tired. The food good.
- Great lunch!CoffeyDined on 7/2/2014Great food and atmosphere for a business lunch. Also interesting building and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch FindPadgVIPDined on 6/29/2014First time here and was very pleased. Food and service were extraordinary .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableFinnanDined on 6/28/2014Truly one of richmond's treasure. Great food, unbelievable menu. Unlike a new restaurant that relies on trying to be fancy, these guys are fancy without trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FantasticNickVIPDined on 6/20/2014We always have a fantastic experience here - outstanding service and a rotating seasonal menu that is always well done.Special Features:
- Memorable BrunchLuvamenuDined on 6/15/2014Before my Father's Day activities, my wife and I had brunch at Chez Foushee this past Sunday and even though we know the restaurant well, this meal was really a hit. Both the Croque Madame and the Andouille Scramble were outstanding and enough to really satisfy us. Because it was Father's day, the restaurant was busy, but the service provided just the right amount of attention and everything was served on time. Another thing that I particularly like about the bar selection is that they offer more than one style of Bloody Mary and include my favorite, Clamato. Many thanks to Andrew, Dennis and the staff for always providing a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Fathers' Day BruncheatoutoftenDined on 6/15/2014I booked with Chez Foushee for brunch on Fathers' Day for my husband, daughter, son-in-law, grandson (4 months old), and me. I had requested a table where we could put the baby's carseat and be out of the restaurant foot traffic. We were seated at the back of the restaurant which had a large bench seat, ideal for the baby. Our waiter was attentive, helpful in selecting the food, and friendly. The food was excellent with portions which were large enough for the two men. My daughter had the oyster roast which she loved. The highlight was the desserts. My husband and I had the lemon cake which was marvelous, and my daughter and her husband had the chocolate torte. We all agreed that we would definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding Daily SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/12/2014Went on a recent Thursday featuring wines that were combined with daily selections. Had the Malbec - excellent! Planned a leisurely dinner and server Veronica did not rush us at all. Veronica knew the menu and the wine selections. Had as appetizer fabulous Boulin Balls with pork that were a nice spicy flavor and very tasty sauce. Soup du jour was tomato bisque. Nice consistency. Caesar Salad - crunchy romaine and peppery dressing; Entrée catfish with fried oysters - superb. Finally the chocolate flourless torte - chocolate finale - made sure we had room for dessert! As always with this restaurant - food wonderful and tasty; service professional and knowledgeable overall terrific dining experience. Like the daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A grand slam, NO ball park needed!!AgrumpDined on 6/7/2014The greeting at the door is always smiles and friendly, and our server was right on q at every step. First up to the plate were the mussels, just right with a not too salty sauce that allowed for tasty dipping on warm bread. Of course the starter was a "pollen cutter" of gin, etc. two salads one of grilled asparagus with the chefs creative tasty toppings of crispy porcine and cheese; grilled brussel sprouts always a favorite with the tangy blue; a bottle of white kept everything crisp. Next up was the grilled salmon with a lobster risotto, how much flavor can you stand; then there are the famous and close-by soft shell crabs decked out in their spring/summer veggie finery. All the desserts are to die for and are a sweet finish to a win!!!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerdsgalDined on 6/7/2014Food was delicious, service was great. Had a table by the window, great people watching.Special Features:
- fantastic placeDiandralDined on 6/5/2014Chez Foushee is a fantastic place. It was our dining club and everyone was pleased with their meals. We got a wide variety of dishes and they were all good. We will be back.Special Features:
- SueyDined on 6/5/2014Our lunch was excellent. Food was delicious and good service. I have been going to Chez Fouchee for many years and they continue to be a top notch restaurant - especially to celebrate special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happyKmh3415Dined on 6/3/2014We (a mixed group of foodies and anti-foodies) ate here for lunch to celebrate a special occasion. We were impressed with their reasonable prices, excellent specials list, and multitude of options. We started with pimento cheese (who knew how good that could be?) and as entrees we had salmon, shrimp & grits, gumbo, and the Brussels sprouts salad. The star of the meal was definitely the Lemon Butter Cake, which we all split. None of us have been able to stop talking about what a gem this restaurant is and how delicious everything was! Ambience and service were also stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ServiceSabreDined on 6/3/2014The food was well prepared and presented, but somewhat pricey. However, service was terrible. There was only one waiter, a hostess and a bar tender. While we were there the three stood at the bar and conversed. Following the initial service, the waiter failed to return to refresh the water and never inquired if we wanted coffee or tea. Each time we needed service we had to summons the waiter by raising a hand.There were very few diners in the restaurant, approximately three other tables. Unable to recommend this restaurant to Opentable visitors and strongly suggest that you dine elsewhere.
- RickRickandDannaDined on 5/31/2014Great atmosphere. Outstanding food. Flash fired oysters were fantastic. We had the soft shell crab over succotash. They were excellent. Dessert was the lemony cheese cake. It was also excellent. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skingDined on 5/29/2014Love it! The shrimp and grits are the best! My husband loved the chargrilled ribeye steak. Food and service are terrific, always consistently great!lmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seen better daysKnowGoodWhenITasteItDined on 5/24/2014Our food was room temp, not piping hot. For the amount of patrons versus servers the night we went, it didn't make sense why the free bread came out when our entrees came out or why the food was room temperature. The overall experience did not justify their asking rates for their dishes. Would be willing to try them out again, but, only if someone else covers the bill. Our server was friendly, but appeared overly busy. We were greeted upon entering and our reservation was honored, but ... good luck!
- Our Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014As always fantastic, the owners have created a wonderful tradition for our family and we have never been let down.Special Features:
- Always excellent menuNickVIPDined on 5/16/2014Really enjoy the ambiance here and the food is always done exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez FousheeFundineDined on 5/16/2014Pleasant neighborhood restaurant. The food is good home style food. Waiters very nice. Restaurant seems to be a favorite with locals. Not really a venue for tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014Fabulous food and welcoming staff..good value..good barSpecial Features:
- Great Food & Outstanding ServiceLisaDined on 5/14/2014I invited a client to join me for lunch. We both enjoyed our meals very much. It was hard to narrow down our choices as there were so many yummy options from which to select. I has the crab cakes over grits. Outstanding!! I loved the New Orleans inspired menu! Great place for business and also very romantic at night. A great date spot!Special Features:
- Regular PatronOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014As always GREAT !!!!! We love to recommend Chez Foushee to our friends, they are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Richmond classic.RVAlovesgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Chez Foushee has been one if my favorite restaurants for years. I can always count on a special dining experience in a charming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014At $35/plate for Mother's Day, the terrible service was hard to understand.
- Absolutely FabulousAbFabDined on 5/11/2014Chez Foushee will NEVER let you down. The food is outstanding with both classic and unique entrees. The service could not be better.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Delightn2winendineDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I had brunch for Mother's Day. Prior to this, it had been years since we'd eaten there. I did remember the lemon butter cake being wonderful! We had reviewed the menu in advance; and to be honest, we didn't find it very inviting. However, after reading favorable reviews we decided to give it a try. We were happy we did because we had an outstanding dining experience! Our server made excellent recommendations, especially the brussel sprouts salad and crab cakes with poached eggs. We noted that the portions were European style, another way of saying they were small. We appreciated this because we were able to fully enjoy the wonderful lemon butter cake without feeling stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantNayyDined on 5/11/2014I love this restaurant. We went for Mother's Day Brunch. It was excellent. Service is great! Super friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- A pleasant evening with friends..bubbaDined on 5/10/2014We have been to this restaurant frequently and have never been disappointed.The food is always delicious and well-served.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We had dinner at Chez Foushee to celebrate my son's graduation from UR the next day. We were a group of 9 and every dish tried was delicious and beautifully presented. Our waiter was friendly, attentive and professional and the ambience in the restaurant is lovely. I wish we lived closer so we could come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 249 reviews are from the Chez Foushee reviews archive.
- GreetingGEM52Dined on 5/3/2014I was impressed by the warm greetings we received! We were approached twice by staff for seating(we had reservations of course) with smiles! Such a nice thing to be welcomed in such a courteous way. The food was excellent and the service the same! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.