Chez Elena Wu at the Movie Ritz
910 Haddonfield-Berlin Rd.
Voorhees, NJ 08043Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Chez Elena Wu at the Movie Ritz
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chezelenawu.com/
- Phone: 8565663221
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We cater for large groups such as rcorporate offices, hospitals, doctor offices large receptions. Please call to place your delivery or catering order 1 day in advance.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining services that can seat up to 90 Guest in a large private dining room. Please check out our website to view banquet dining room and party menu.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Wang 8565663221
A word from Chez Elena Wu at the Movie Ritz
Welcome to Chez Elena Wu where we are still located at the original location in Voorhees, N.J. at the Ritz Movie Center. We served great Chinese food with a large selection of sushi with a sushi bar. We also cater to those that want Asian Fusion and Thai Special such as Thai Basil Chicken or Pad Thai Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Elena Wu at the Movie Ritz reviews from OpenTable diners
- food came out cold. We wereBarryVIPDined on 12/31/2013food came out cold. We were a party of 8 and everyone got different courses at different times. So got 2 courses at once while others didn't get anything.
- Good food with extensive menuAnniversaryDined on 11/27/2013Our family visited Chez Elena Wu over the past weekend. Food was good, not great. Grilled BBQ Kobe Beef was very good. Wife stated that her Hibachi Shrimp was good, but cold. Daughter thoroughly enjoyed her General Tso Chicken, but she likes it at most restaurants with food of this type. Spring rolls were excellent; hot and crispy and tasty. Fried calamari was very good as well. Service was interesting. At times, not attentive, except for the young lady who made sure our water glasses were filled. Restaurant was moderately busy and there was a good buzz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the better ChineseHungryGuyVIPDined on 11/9/2013One of the better Chinese restaurnats in the area. Lots of original dishes, not just the usual MooGoo Gai Pan or General Cho's Chicken.Special Features:
- back all over againgogogodwitDined on 8/14/2013food has always been great but something seemed missing the last few times we've been here. this time was different, better. fresh flowers on each table was nice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit Over-PricedBunnyBeeDined on 8/1/2013I've been to the majority of the sushi places in the area, and this place was just okay in comparison to some of the others. It seemed to be overpriced for what it offered. In many years, I have heard of this place as being a high quality fusion place. It seemed just standard to me. Food was not exceptional, but was good. Since the movie theatre is nearby, it would probably be a good spot to go right before or after the film for a bite.Special Features:
- Service was timely but notRobertDined on 6/16/2013Service was timely but not over burden . Food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but Emptymswunion1976Dined on 5/12/2013Granted we ate on the early side - 6:30pm - but by the end there was only one other table in the place. It makes it feel kind of spooky. The service was adequate. The food was adequate - nothing outstanding about the place. As other reviewers have said - decent for takeout but a weird dining experience in a nearly empty room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well situated for movie-goersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013The food at this restaurant is reliably good, but as other Chinese restaurants have embraced Fusion, less distinctive than when it first opened. It's a good place to eat before or after the nearby movies.Special Features:
- Acceptable, not really good.MovieloverVIPDined on 5/11/2013Acceptable, not really good. Does not live up to reputation.
- Great food. This is not yourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013Great food. This is not your typical Asian fusion restaurant.Special Features:
- Great place to go, the foodChrisDined on 3/29/2013Great place to go, the food was great as was the service.Special Features:
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2013Food was so-so but presented nicely. Not better than our favorite Chinese take out. Dining room was drab in décor and very dated. Not exciting for a nice evening out. Things seemed very unorganized during our visit. Service was very delayed, waiter would do one thing at a time for one table. Very difficult to get his attention. We waited 20 minutes for bill and 30 minutes for first course. I checked in at time of arrival but they still missed crediting my open table reservation and I had to dispute this. If you do go - don't forget the wine. You're going to need it.
- The sushi, Mongolian PorkOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/19/2013The sushi, Mongolian Pork and honey chicken or shrimp are great. Service good but not outstanding (not much in the way of personality showing through). Ordered Crab Aspsragus soup and they brought a bowl with chopped snap peas and explained they were out of asapargus (but they should have asked first). Sent it back after finding just 1 small piece of crab in the broth! They took it off the bill but did not seem happy to accomodate. We had to ask for sharing plates (party of 6) after they brought appetizers. The servers did hustle however thereafter to get us out in time for our movie. Won ton soup was plain and overcooked.
- good food, large menu. willjosheVIPDined on 1/4/2013good food, large menu. will definitely go back to try other dishes.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Sent food back. And they sat us 30 minutes after the reservation time we made. Definitely will not be back.
- made reservations in advancemikesDined on 12/31/2012made reservations in advance ,didnt realize it was a price fixed menu.given small table in between 2 large parties .once food came couldnt get waiter back to table. never got complimentary desert.
- Almost everything that weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2012Almost everything that we ordered came out not hot enough. The food was pretty bland also.
- It was Christmas Day and theyWinestineVIPDined on 12/25/2012It was Christmas Day and they were very busy; however, that should have been no surprise to them and they should have planned accordingly They did not have enough rice when our meals came! Imagine, a Chinese restaurant with no rice.Special Features:
- Won't go back. Did not honorJPMDVIPDined on 12/25/2012Won't go back. Did not honor a reservation for 2. Seated others who came after us because they were 4, not 2.We left after continually being assured we would get seated "soon".Our mistake to go to a Chinese restaurant on Christmas."Never Again!" holds here as well.
- A long time favorite. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012A long time favorite. Very good experience even though it was extremely busy.Special Features:
- It was ok butMartySVIPDined on 12/25/2012If the food was hot would have been much better. no legs with our duck first time ever. Stuffed shrimp was skimpy at best 4 shrimp very little garnish. People were very nice.
- Special Holiday Dinner Suprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We REALLY needed a change-of-pace for our Christmas holiday dinner and Chez Elena Wu delivered! Everyone on our 6 person party was delighted with their entree selection. Most of us had more traditional Asian dishes but my wife had a wonderful Rack of Lamb and son had Sushi. Even the more traditional Asian dishes were presented more up-scale than my other restaurant experiences. The B.Y.O.B. approach was cost effective and their staff very accomodating.Special Features:
- A typical American ChineeseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/22/2012A typical American Chineese restaurant with higher prices. Nothing special.