2800 American Blvd. West
Bloomington, MN 55431Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezdaniel.com/
- Phone: 9528884447
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 9:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Pierre Jean Laupies
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chez Daniel offers semi-private dining available for lunch, dinner or special occasions. Chez Daniel also offers a quiet setting for that relaxing meal. Take a trip to Chez Daniel and reminisce the experience of France!
- Private Party Contact: Sheri DeGeorge 9529678704
A word from Chez Daniel
Chez Daniel is a traditional French bistro offering authentic French food in an elegant but casual environment. Chez Daniel features an extensive wine list, foreign and domestics beers, and a variety of ports and cognacs. The moment you arrive you will feel transported to a small European village with gleaming Spanish tiled walkways, beautiful atrium featuring an Italian fountain and unique gargoyle lamp posts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Daniel reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (11)romantic (8)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- No longer Chez DanielspeedladyDined on 7/11/2014My husband and daughter arrived for lunch expecting Chez Daniel. All looked the same but the menus were different. When he tried to present his dining card he was told they no longer honor them as they are not Chez Daniel anymore. Most of the staff seems to be the same but he was told the chef has changed. They also will not honor the gift certificate we received from Chez Daniel. We're very sad as Chez Daniel was one of our very favorite places and we've been going there for dinner and lunch for many years.
- OUR LAST MEALRogerDined on 7/10/2014My friend and I were saddened to learn that this wonderful restaurant is about to cease, at least as it has been known of late. The hotel in which it is located has been sold, we were told, and everything is about to change. Thus, the menu the day we were there was basically the bar menu, and although we each had a great cobb salad, there was no longer ANY BREAD available! The hostess was sad, the server was sad, and the restaurant was almost empty. We are hoping that whatever follows will be as good as Chez Daniel!Special Features:
- maxiVIPDined on 7/7/2014Sorry too see you were sold-- this was the best brunch in the area!!!!Special Features:
- Chez Daniel is close it is nowNostalgicVIPDined on 7/6/2014Chez Daniel is now Bistro Lounge. The fabulous Sunday buffet is now half the size. The quality is high. The price is the same as it was when the choices were double. It is strange to serve cheese without crackers. I felt as if I was eating at a funeral. Many of the people were missing. Some of the employees are no longer there due to the change over and the restaurant was not full of eager customers like most Sundays. The staff that was working were very accommodating. Best wishes to the staff present and past.
- paulVIPDined on 7/5/2014Chez Daniel is out of business and you need to remove them from Open Table. We drove more than 40 miles round trip to get there only to find out they were no longer in business.
- No longer in businessClosed4BusinessVIPDined on 7/3/2014Upon being pushed out of the dining room and places in the bar, we were told our groupon/coupons would not be valid. Well - at least she told us before we ordered. We stuck around. The food and service was ok. However, if your restaurant no longer exists - please don't advertise on Open Table and then say no to our previously honored payment.
- Last NighttbellDined on 6/30/2014We went to Chez Daniel on it's last night of existence. The food was excellent but the menu for the new owners (will have a new name) was already in place but there were some things not yet available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing June 30th!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014We were very surprised to find out that Chez Daniel will be closing for good tonight, June 30th. We have visited it several times over the years and the food has been uneven, but as of late, we have enjoyed it. The pork chop was overdone but they brought us a new one which was flavorful and juicy. (Didn't get any of the extras last night, sorbet, chocolate covered strawberries. Were they out of them?) They plan to remodel and open again later this summer as a bistro with a scaled down menu according to the staff on hand. Glad we used the Groupon we had.
- great food and servicemrtibbseatsoutDined on 6/28/2014The Saturday night prime rib special was better than I could have hoped for - huge portion and delicious! My wife's walleye was very good too. Nice touches like a mixed berry sorbet before the main course and chocolate covered strawberries after dinner that were delicious. They kept bringing those still-warm-from-the-oven loaves of French bread too.Special Features:
- A little bit of HeavenTegaVIPDined on 6/25/2014Once again, we were awed by the food, superb service, ambiance and quality experience found in few remaining restaurants. The food prep and presentation by the chef is remarkable.Special Features:
- Best brunch south of Mpls.BernieDined on 6/15/2014Food, Ambiance, Service all top of the line. Very busy, but reservation handled with minimal issues.Special Features:
- What a nice surprise.luvtoeatDined on 6/14/2014We didn't know what to expect from a hotel restaurant tucked away in Bloomington but were pleasantly surprised. Chez Daniel has a great menu to meet everyone's taste. The lamb and sea bass were wonderful and you can't go wrong with any of the desserts. Our waiter, Ben, was very attentive and fun. He made great suggestions for dinner and wine to accompany the entree. We were there on a Saturday night and were seated immediately. The restaurant got busier later in the evening but didn't get too noisy for conversation. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Amazing food, bad serviceanabelle1505Dined on 6/13/2014I went for my husband's birthday, he loves to celebrate it there because he loves the lamb rack (amazing!!!). But this time the service wasn't up to the food, we ordered a appetizer to share and the waitress left it on the table and left before we could ask for plates. When the entree came she forgot to give us new silverware and gave me a huge meat knife for my fish and ended up giving us the dessert menu before we ended our food. If you are willing to pay good money for good food, I believe you expect good service tooSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014We celebrated our anniversary and they went out of their way to make it a nice dinner, free desert and great service. It was nice an quiet unlike many places where you have to yell to talk to one another.Special Features:
- The following 920 reviews are from the Chez Daniel reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/29/2014We met friends there for lunch. Our reservation was for 1 pm. At 2:15 pm they were practically sweeping under our feet. It was obvious we were not welcome to stay.Special Features:
- Great food bad atmosphereehsweiserVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was fantastic and reasonably priced for the amount you received. That being said the atmosphere seemed very out dated and dark.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentWayzataGuyDined on 5/24/2014It was tough finding the restaurant inside of the hotel but once we did the food and service were outstanding!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT SERVICE AND FOOD EVERYTIMFINEDININGFANATICVIPDined on 5/23/2014We tried the filet mignon this time and it was so tender. Love the service at this restaurant. The servers are very professional and are well trained. Never fails to disapppoint. This is probably my 10th visit here. Its well worth the penny every time.Special Features:
- Great lunch for "Girls Day Out"!RachaelDined on 5/23/2014Took my 81 year old mother out to lunch before pampering her with Pedi/Mani. Food very good! Had salmon bisque...delicious! Lobster sandwich perfect for sharing. Succulent lobster meat in yummy special mayo sauce. Not too rich, just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORLD CLASS FOOD AND SERVICE!JackJodellVIPDined on 5/18/2014They do all the little things perfectly here. Their food, including soups, salads, sauces, appetizers, bread, and desserts (as well as entrees), is always top-notch. Christian is the cream of the crop as far as servers are concerned - there are none better! I have been a very pleased patron since 1996, and I will continue to go there, enthusiastically!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I need of an update...ServerBartenderDined on 5/12/2014The dinner menu listed on their website is no longer accurate & I was disappointed when I arrived to see that the sea, land, & air, which I chose to come to this restaurant for, was no longer on the menu. Our server was understanding & asked the chef if they could still make the meal, & they were able to make some substitutions, although it didn't quite do the sea, land, & air justice. The mashed potatoes served with our entrees absolutely tasted like they had been re-heated & my boyfriends slow braised beef was very dry. The wine list posted online is also out of date. Our server was excellent and brought out a palate cleansing sorbet in between our starter salads & entrees. We also received some chocolate strawberries at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestteddyVIPDined on 5/12/2014We are never disappointed eating here. The food and atmosphere are always perfect and the service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchsusanDined on 5/11/2014Chez Daniel is our go-to place for special occasions, and most recently we went for the Mother's Day brunch. The service was excellent - best ever! Waiters were attentive and fun, and we had no wait time for anything. Food was delicious, hot and plentiful. Having flowers delivered to the table is an extra touch that we have used twice now - Mother's Day was also my mother's 92nd birthday, so it was fun being able to surprise her with a bouquet at the table. We plan to visit Chez Daniel for all our special occasion brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother’s Day brunch at Chez Danielcfoodd8Dined on 5/11/2014Mother’s Day brunch at Chez Daniel was fun! The dining room was charming and cozy. Service was friendly and attentive. The buffet was a feast with loads of delicious choices, for entrées, salads, cheeses, breads and desserts. I greatly enjoyed the lamb chops, which is one of my favorites. My daughter was impressed with the chocolate fountain, while my husband enjoyed the breakfast items. The price was quite reasonable. Overall, our party found it a very enjoyable experience. I would definitely return, especially for brunch and highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICE & EXCELLENT FOODFINEDININGFANATICVIPDined on 5/9/2014Never a disappointment. Service is phenomenal. This place is one of the most upscale restaurants in town. The servers are super nice and professional. Makes you wanna go back often. The ambiance is also very nice. You feel like you're walking through a rainforest.Special Features:
- CELEBRATING A BIRTHDAYRogerDined on 5/9/2014I invited two friends to have lunch at Chez Daniel. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable meal, and each of us enjoyed what we selected from the large menu. Our server was very pleasant, and the room where we were seated proved to be quiet enough for comfortable conversation. The warm French bread was a great treat shortly after we were seated. The décor is very pleasing, and the location of the restaurant is convenient. My previous dining experience here has been in the evening, but the lunch menu turned out to have many choices. We will certainly return in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedfoodieDined on 5/8/2014Our food was good, but not worth the price. I would say that $22 for a pretty bland chicken pasta dish is high, especially considering some high end italian restaurants in the south metro charge $5-$10 less for better dishes. I enjoyed the scallop appetizer.
- Nice AnniversaryJohnDined on 5/7/2014We tried the restaurant for the first time when celebrating our anniversary this month. The food was fantastic and consistently amazing!!! A little sourness to the rissoto w/ the sea bass tended to overwhelm, but we still enjoyed the meal. Also had the lamb chops, escargot and foie gras. All were perfect. The bread and wine were great too. The service was consistently great, too. We had three different servers working the room, and all of them stopped at our table at some point. We were there for two hours, yet we never found ourselves waiting for anything. I was disappointed with the restaurant decoration. I suppose its supposed to look like a French Villa in the country, and did in the 1970s. Minor let down. We'll be back!!!
- always greatchalley2010srt8Dined on 5/3/2014Been going there for 30 years since my parents brought me as a kid.Special Features:
- gourmandgourmandDined on 5/3/2014Fabulous food. Great duck breast. Included wonderful peach sorbet and also a chocolate dipped strawberry after we were finished dining. The strawberry was ripe and delicious! Hostess and waiter were most friendly and personable.Special Features:
- Dining GemswanartDined on 4/30/2014The food and service were excellent. The atmosphere pleasant and conclusive for nice quiet conversations. A great place for entertaining guests and enjoying food, full bar, and excellent service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Munch / Lunch / BrunchBernieDined on 4/27/2014Where to dine for lunch? last minute crunch? just want to munch? or great TC Brunch? Don't bet on a hunch... do the real thing that satisfies all... enjoy the wonderful experience at Chez Daniel's Sunday Brunch. We did, and have been repeat visitors [multi times each year] with a positive dining two hours each and every time.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningLoveChezDanielDined on 4/26/2014We stay at the hotel specifically to have dinner at Chez Daniel. The staff is always friendly and accommodating and the food is delicious. We have been frequenting this restaurant for at least 10 years and have never been disappointed. This is truly a gem of a restaurant for the area. Hats off to the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why could I not get a reservation?TiaBismonteDined on 4/23/2014I tried several times to get a table for 3. I was denied every time. We showed up and hunted all around the hotel trying to find the restaurant and not a single employee in sight. When we finally did find the restaurant, no hostess was at the station. Evidence of her was at the station, but not her. When she finally showed up, she informed us that our guest was already there and waiting for us. Then joked that we should have gotten there sooner. The waitress was clueless on wine, french dining and etiquette and pretty much general service. The filet was ordered medium and arrived well done. The salmon appetizer came with only 3 toast points but enough salmon to feed an army. Back to the drawing board.
- Easter BrunchBrunchgirlDined on 4/20/2014Brunch is always good at Chez Daniel but Easter Brunch was even better. Crowded, but still able to keep your food hot. Amazing selection with something special for everyone.Special Features:
- servicenoraVIPDined on 4/15/2014We had the great service with a great smile, although she was the only one serving with one bus girl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2014The food at Chez Daniel is always consistent and good...however our server Ben was amazing. Ben's engaging personality, energy about the menu and attentiveness made for a lovely dinner and a perfect place for a birthday dinner. It is a bit of an unknown destination and I recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Great experienceTegaVIPDined on 4/7/2014Once again we had a wonderful dining experience at Chez Daniel! The service and food was exceptional. I cannot fault the restaurant with anything, every detail was seen to. Truly one f Minneapolis' great restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great!RockyVIPDined on 4/6/2014Food and service were great! The only thing that wasn't perfect was the tight area of trying to get your food for brunch. The layout needs to be revamped. It felt like you were crawling over people, otherwise great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bloomington's Best BrunchBernieDined on 3/30/2014A top five brunch in the Twin Cities. Something for everyone... choices, choices, choices. And if you don't see it, they will try to provide it. [e.g. poached eggs] Vibrant crowd of travelers and locals; Singles, couples, families, and large parties all served expertly by well trained staff. Will be back again!!!Special Features: