Chez Colette - Sofitel Philadelphia
120 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Chez Colette - Sofitel Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sofitel-philadelphia.com/
- Phone: (215) 569-8300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 11:30am; Saturday-Sunday Breakfast Buffet 7:am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Special Events: Chez Colette Offers Special Dinner events and Brunch Lunches on Holidays Dates.
A word from Chez Colette - Sofitel Philadelphia
Chez Collette is a charming French brasserie, where truly irresistible culinary delights are prepared for your enjoyment. Breakfast is served in an informal ambiance that evokes the 1920s. Indulge your passions... Awaken your senses... Discover our Holidays feast!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Colette - Sofitel Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always a pleasant experience!HospitableDiva111Dined on 5/24/2014Continental service...their staff always goes above and beyond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMarkDined on 11/28/2013Went to Chez Colette for Thanksgiving buffet. They completely exceeded my expectations! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the food was prepared perfectly. They even let us take "leftovers" to enjoy later. Exceptional.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch - DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2013Went there for Eaater Brunch -- great selection of delectable foods. The staff were very attentive.Special Features:
- We had thanksgiving dinnerJDellVIPDined on 11/22/2012We had thanksgiving dinner here, I wouldn't go back or recommend to anyone. Very poor service, food was just fine.
- Excellent Thanksgiving buffetMrsGrahamDined on 11/22/2012Excellent Thanksgiving buffet menu. My husband and I decided to attend this place since we were not traveling home for Thanksgiving. The turkey was moist and tender, the sides were great as well. Overall, we were pleased with the food.Special Features:
- Restaurant was supposed tolaetitiaVIPDined on 6/24/2012Restaurant was supposed to be fully booked and they made us wait one hour when we tried to make a reservation... the dining room was empty, maybe 10% occupied. The brunch (buffet) was good but nothing out of this world and the staff rather friendly. Why the attitude?
- We went for brunch. Food wasdinnerat8Dined on 5/13/2012We went for brunch. Food was excellent! Leave the kids at home though, not a thing for them to eat. Jazz band was nice but much too loud. Hard to have a conversation. We considered "tipping" them not to play since we were meeting people from out of town and were there to catch up. Service was good initially but hard to find a server if you needed something. And when she did appear she would ask one person at our large table if they needed anything and then disappear quickly. But the point is, the food? Outstanding!Special Features:
- Had Mother's Day Brunch. VerySoCalDined on 5/13/2012Had Mother's Day Brunch. Very impressed. Great service and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing Croissants and freshElohVIPDined on 5/4/2012Amazing Croissants and fresh fruits. The food was as close to true Parisian bakery I've ever had in the US. Service was also good. The ambiance was nice and since I had a late brunch it was not noisy at all.
- Long waits for waiter OnlyMikeDined on 4/17/2012Long waits for waiter Only presented with buffet option for breakfast.
- NB, Chez Colette is only openNCConsultantVIPDined on 1/27/2012NB, Chez Colette is only open for breakfast and Sunday brunch now. Lunch and dinner are served at Liberte, located in the Sofitel lobby.Special Features:
- My disappointment was in theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/14/2012My disappointment was in the fact I was looking forward to breakfast/brunch rather than lunch which was not served in the restaurant but in the lobby of the hotel.
- An Odd FiascoOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/6/2012Customer By Email (Ruth Dym Shapiro) 01/06/2012 05:55 PM I don't think you are doing your job. You confirmed this reservation for me, but when we showed up for lunch today we were told that Chez Colette serves only breakfast so we were seated in the hotel's bar area. They said that this change has been in effect for some time. We would not have gone to the Sofitel Hotel for lunch if we had known it meant eating in their bar area and not in the separate dining room restaurant. It was not what we had in mind. And I don't even know if I got the 100 points! Ruth Dym Shapiro
- We went for Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011We went for Christmas dinner so it wasn't the typical dining experience. There was a buffet which was quite special with excellent seafood and lamb. The staff were really superb.Special Features:
- I have always liked Chez Collette.Berwyn999Dined on 9/29/2011I have always liked Chez Collette. Now the restaurant is seldom open, most meals are in the lounge. The food is good and a great bargain for business lunch.Special Features:
- There was no person to greetLibertyDined on 9/13/2011There was no person to greet any diners.It appeared as though the restaurant was abandoned. I was told I could eat at the bar!
- Met here for a business breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011Met here for a business breakfast on a Friday morning. I enjoyed the fresh juices and fruit smoothie. They also have a nice sized menu that offers something for everyone.Special Features:
- I had brunch on Sunday whichRyonVIPDined on 4/23/2011I had brunch on Sunday which was really good, but experience of continental breakfast on Saturday was good too....Special Features:
- The brunch selection had somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/20/2011The brunch selection had something for everyone. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- This was one of the worseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010This was one of the worse restaurant I have been to. Great food but the service was horrible. They were rude and right away when they found out we were in our 20s they judged us and slacked off very poorly. I was very upset with how this dinner turned out to be.Special Features:
- We went New Years Eve. A comboOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010We went New Years Eve. A combo played great jazz, we had a great time. Everyone there is great. Our waiter was great but a little slow.Special Features:
- We went for a special ChristmasFine1dinerDined on 12/25/2010We went for a special Christmas buffet. For the price, La Croix would have been a lot better choice with greater variety, more exquisite dishes and much better ambiance. There was no music playing, and by now I expect that from a restaurant. The service was quite terrible from an awkward server reluctant to pay attention to change plates and neglected to greet us for 8 minutes after the host notified him. He also charged tip in the check that's usually done for groups over 5 or 6 people. I am extremely disappointed with Sofitel for allowing an establishment to operate in such way, unlike any of their other locations I go to whenever I'm traveling on business.Special Features:
- Very nice buffet. would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010Very nice buffet. would recommend for lunch more than breakfast as there are more options.Special Features:
- We went on Thanksgiving whichScottPHLDined on 11/25/2010We went on Thanksgiving which was done buffet style. I know that buffet elicits a negative perception of food but this buffet was elegant. I will be back to experience the menu.Special Features:
- I'm thankful for the ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/25/2010I'm thankful for the Thanksgiving Dinner. Sofitel Philadelphia put on the best Thanksgiving dinner ever. The food was amazing and well worth the money and very very nice. THe service and taste always surpass my expectation.Special Features:
- Good food and decent service...butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010Good food and decent service...but the elegance of the lobby and bar are not carried through into the dining room.Special Features:
- This restaurant doesn't evenPAeaterVIPDined on 10/20/2010This restaurant doesn't even exist for dinner apparently. We made reservations for this place & when we arrived, ended up going to the hotels' other restaurant because that was where our reservation was transferred. I forget the name of the other restaurant, but the food & service was horrible. Will NEVER go back.
- We have dined at other SofitelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2010We have dined at other Sofitel restaraunts all over the world with great service with the exception of this one. We had reservations for Sunday brunch for 11:15am and we not seating until 11:30 (no one else was waiting infront or behind us). When we were finally seated (by the kitchen door), it took forever for someone to even acknowlegde us. Needless to say, an hour and a half later and only moderate food, we will never go back.
- worst brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2010poor service,cold buffet,servers with attitude,30 minute wait for eggs and had to leave without the waffles...couldnt waste the entire day there....lots of space though..probably because nobody wants to go back....
- Food was good but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2010Food was good but the service was outstanding. We were waited on by about 4 people who were constantly by, but not so much they seemed intrusive. I asked if we could have 1 or 2 more pieces of bread and was almost given half of the loaf.
- This is a Brasserie whichSidnVIPDined on 9/22/2010This is a Brasserie which unfortunately was not worth even restaurant week discounted prices. Service was poor-attention to detail was lacking-strong fish smell permeated the room at times. Overall, I would not recommend this restaurant to others.
- Elegant and relaxed settingBeachcomberVIPDined on 9/19/2010Elegant and relaxed setting for a delicious lunch. Extremely good food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- We had an enjoyable evening,CathyVIPDined on 9/17/2010We had an enjoyable evening, great meal and great service.Special Features:
- This restaurant is perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2010This restaurant is perfect for business or quiet lunches -- a hidden gem, especially since I did not know it was in the hotel. The food reminded me of my last trip to Paris. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- The food was very good. THeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2010The food was very good. THe waitress was nice. However, the service was slow and unimpressive.
- Excellent food and personableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2010Excellent food and personable wait staff. Good overall experience.Special Features:
- The food came out too slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2010The food came out too slow the day i went but was very goodSpecial Features:
- Truly an excellent restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/28/2010Truly an excellent restaurant. I've eaten both here and at its bar numerous times and have always found it to be a first-class dining experience. Eveything is very carefully made and elegantly presented. I've particularly enjoyed the steak frites, the roasted chicken (reminding me how good this simple dish can really be) and their amazing hamburger--clearly one of the best in Philadelphia. The sunday brunch is pleasant and fairly priced, but not equal to the Four Seasons, the Omni, or Lacroix.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2010Service was outstanding. Attentive staff. Just happened to find this jewel as I was in town for the night on business. Great for a date. I'd love to visit again.Special Features:
- I had lunch on a very hotAdolpneDined on 8/16/2010I had lunch on a very hot day, and the restaurant was like a cool oasis. The food was very good, and the waiters were extremely pleasant, very attentive and accommodating, and not at all overbearing. Chez Colette is a wonderful place to take someone to lunch. I will certainly return.Special Features: