755 12th Avenue South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezboetnaples.com/
- Phone: 2396436177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Fondue, French
- Executive Chef: Lisa Boet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to organizing private and semi-private events in the restaurant, Chez Boet offers off-site catering in your home or on board one of the boats at the nearby City Dock; meals-to-go; quiches to order for brunch or lunch. Contact Chef Lisa for a complete catering menu which includes made from scratch hors d"oeuvres, delectable desserts and complete meals. Chef at home dinners are also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Chez Boet"s creativity and experience helps guests design celebrations that express vision, personal taste and style in unique ways. With 2,000-square-feet, Chez Boet features a dining room, full bar, and outdoor covered terrace. The restaurant is fully permitted for live music and DJs. Our culinary team knows no bounds in its resources and creativity and are expert at adding that "wow" to your event.
Recent festive gatherings include a Moroccan Casbah, a night club with South Beach DJ, jazz brunches, yachting party dinners, wedding receptions, special birthdays, anniversary parties, baby showers, and custom cooking luncheons.
Chez Boet is expert at customizing your event for small groups ranging from 10 to 100 guests in a semi-private or private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Boet 2396436177
- Entertainment: Chez Boet features piano music in the Bar Salon, with a jazz duo on Sundays in the winter. Special events at Chez Boet include: Meet-the-author luncheons, special holiday menus, cooking demonstrations, unique evenings, such as a Cognac pairing with a master distiller from France and an introduction to mediumship. The restaurant is always available to groups for private parties and special custom-designed events. Enjoy a sail and dine package in the summer and fall with a catamaran docked at the nearby City Dock.
- Cross Street: 8th Street South
- Public Transit: We are located in the historic village of Crayton Cove, steps from the City Dock in downtown Naples, Florida.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Chez Boet features a 26-spot private parking lot located at the rear of the Anchor building where it is located, accessible from the alley way from 8th Street South. Guests are welcome to enter the restaurant from the rear door adjacent the private lot. A ramp on the 8th Street South side of the building provides handicap accessibility.
A word from Chez Boet
A chic Parisian-style bistro, Chez Boët serves authentic, market-inspired French classics such as Kobe boeuf bourguignon, bouillabaisse, orange duck, locally-sourced seafood, and cheese Fondue. Our menu is now 90% gluten-free and features Kobe beef, organic spices, and healthy French sea salt. The country-French cuisine is inspired by classic recipes of fresh seasonal ingredients handed down through generations of French home cooks. Mixologist Philippe recommends French aperitifs, his classic cocktails, digestifs or scotchs from the full bar. Warm service and designer decor create a welcoming ambiance perfect for an intimate dinner or for entertaining friends. An outdoor covered terrace has views of the waterfront village of Crayton Cove. Since 2003, Parisian imports Lisa and Philippe Boët have been organizing private parties for groups and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chez Boet - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Chez Boet reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (13)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- French, bien sur!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my visit. The owners' attention to every detail shows in the best way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceHarrietVIPDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Chez Boet. The service was outstanding. We tried three different dishes, snapper, rack of lamb and a beef dish. All were prepared well, but lacked a little something in flavor.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014This is a true French Restaurant hidden in Naples. The food is perfect French food. The environment is classy and simple French atmosphere! Service is perfect! The staff is knowledgeable about the menu. The owner is from Paris and wife is American and they are just great people!Special Features:
- Great find !!!!!!FoodtrollVIPDined on 8/31/2014Being used to the Naples 5th Ave restaurants, we were very pleasantly surprised to find this gem outside of the typically crowded, noisy restaurants on 5th. Will come back !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love itmariagonzaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Its the best french restaurant in naples fl the food and the service vas amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diiferent kind of FrenchXjoburgDined on 8/17/2014Chez Boet has been in Naples Florida for 20 years and though established they are not resting on their laurels. The menu was ecclectic made with all organic and local produce. One of our party is allergic to corn and they checked with the chef what she could have, which was almost everything on the menu. I had chicen livers over a salad of green for starters and they were sublime - yes I know you need to like liver - but these are worth trying. The bread is baked on the premises and comes crusty and hot almost straight out the oven. Three of us ate Targines - which were fragrant with fruit and rich while not being at all heavy. Dessert was chocolated fondue - just an artisinal swiss chocolate melted with heavy cream. To die for!!!Special Features:
- A French gemCheersVIPDined on 8/16/2014It was delicious! We started with escargot - tender and not overpowered with garlic, just the right amount. Excellent bread for sopping. Wonderful beet salad. We both ordered the tangines. My husband had the lamb which was very tasty and I had the seafood one. Both were excellent; a unique blend of flavors and herbs. The preserved lemons add a wonderful tang to the delicious fish and seafood. We split the berry Napoleon - sinful and deliciously light. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly remarkable experienceRhawkins81Dined on 8/2/2014This was my second outing at chez boet. I live in the Fort Lauderdale area so although it is a mere 90 miles away I would still considers self a tourist. This is truly a neighborhood gem. The restaurant is tucked away from the main strip on 5th ave and has a strong following with locals. The food is prepared in true French form, simple but masterfully executed. I had the wild caught snapper in parchment paper. The various flavors of garlic, tomato, and basil danced on my tongue. I must also mention that it is clear the owners are passionate about what they do and are fully invested in making sure every diner has a great experience. The service is excellent; no one rushes you, everyone is knowledgeable , and no detail is to small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!Sdpc26Dined on 7/25/2014I was part of a group of ten. The food was delicious and the ambience was very welcoming. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was very attentive. The owners personally greeted us and shared with us some of their travels in France. I highly recommend Chez Boet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningMaudieDined on 7/18/2014Our Host and Hostess were most accommodating and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Another Home RunBosoxDined on 7/17/2014I knew in advance what I would order-onion soup and the rack of lamb-based on past experience. Both were excellent and the soup continues as the best I've ever had in a restaurant. My wife's snapper en papillote was tasty and just perfectly cooked. Others have commented very negatively on the service; I can only say we have always been pleased; this last time the owners were in attendance, as it was a slow summer night. Very gracious, very helpful, as they always have been since the Bamboo days. There is a wide variety of good restaurants in Naples, but this is our favorite for intimate dining.Special Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the Chez Boet reviews archive.
- Best BistroDatenitedinersDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I choose Chez Boet several times a year. The owners are an extremely lovely couple. Very hands on. Always visit our table and chat. Great food and service. Knowledgeable re: wine. Loved chicken liver appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetDined on 5/23/2014Too expensive for the quality of food and service. Using Kobe beef for their steaks etc. is a bad idea-what is wrong with good old American beef?
- Best in NapleslustyDined on 5/15/2014We love this place and go there often. Lisa and Philippe are the consummate hosts and the food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine Chez Boet!pinotnoirloversDined on 5/11/2014Chez Boet is simply delightful! The atmosphere is cozy and inviting and piano playing is a wonderful touch in the background. It feels sort of old world. The duck cassoulet and snapper in parchment were each exceptional in taste and temperature. A poully-fuisse was paired with this at the suggestion of our server, Christopher. Very nice. We've spent a few years going elsewhere for a French meal here in Naples and elsewhere; at Chez Boet there is warm without pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, High PricesLindanaVIPDined on 5/2/2014We always enjoy dining at Chez Boet. The food is very delicious. We do think their cocktails have gotten very expensive. Wish they had a Happy Hour so we could afford to go more often.Special Features:
- Food great, atmosphere lackingTKennedyDined on 5/1/2014The food at Chez Boet has always been consistently good. But this time at our visit the atmosphere was severely lacking. The music playing was contemporary rap music and the laughter from the bar was very distracting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a returneb83VIPDined on 4/28/2014The reviews led me to believe my meal would be memorable; they were right, I will never return again to eat tasteless mussels and tough duck; can not comment on dessert since we left before ordering any.Special Features:
- Welcoming atmospherefussyeaterVIPDined on 4/27/2014We enjoy ourselves every time we dine at Chez Boet. Food is wonderful and service is enthusiastic and courteous. We return whenever we are in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was perfect (although plan to allow preparation time...) and service was wonderful. Personal attention from staff and owners. Will return soon.Special Features:
- WonderfulMariahDined on 4/25/2014First time........would recommend to anyone who enjoys great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BordeauxbobVIPDined on 4/21/2014Naples is known for its many fine restaurants -- this is among the best. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Take time to relax.LorisDined on 4/19/2014Take time to relax and enjoy a delightful evening dining in the attractive setting at Chez Boet. I highly recommend the tagine.Special Features:
- Give it a TryDennisVIPDined on 4/19/2014I have been in Naples for 9 years and this was my first time dining at Chez Boet. It won't be my last. It is locally owned and as good or better than all the competition. Give it a try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/19/2014Our reservation was at 6:30 so the service at the beginning of our meal was excellent! As the restaurant became more crowded, the service became more sluggish. Regardless, it was still good service and the food was very good. The menu has a lot to choose from so your entire party should be able to find something. I would recommend Chez Boet and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnerWilliamSquawDined on 4/18/2014Overall good French dinner. The atmosphere/decor isn't great but the food makes up for it. Off the beaten path. Outdoor seating options. An alternative to chain dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good French food...lovedhappyDined on 4/6/2014Very good French food...loved the coq au vin and escargot. Topped it off with the chocolate fondue. Wonderful live music. Great bar. Cozy lounges. Outdoor seating great for the sunset.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantLPnaplesVIPDined on 4/4/2014Chez Boet exceeded our expectations. The dining room was warm and relaxing and the food was outstanding. The duck was amazing and foie gras was prepared perfectly. We also had an endive salad that was unique and delicious. Our waiter was helpful with recommendations. We have been to many outstanding restaurants in Naples but wanted to try something new so we gave Chez Boet a shot. It was well worth it and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior French gem in NaplesfitzDined on 4/4/2014Great food and conscientious service made this hidden French restaurant a special experience for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter gave us a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2014The waiter gave us a very good recommendation from the menu and we all really enjoyed his choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Special DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014Appetizers (pate and escargot) and entrees ( tangines, duck, bouillabaisse ) were excellent. Desserts (Apple and flour less cake) were just ok. Service and ambience excellent. 3rd time there, and will go again.Special Features:
- I would give it another tryKatyVIPDined on 3/28/2014The servers totally turned our order around, bringing the salad before the appetizer, then the dinner came out. We sent it back and insisted on the appetizer next. Of course the dinner was not as hot when it came after that. Regardless, it was all delicious in a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedgigiDined on 3/28/2014I ordered a special, cassoulet, anticipating cassoulets I had eaten at other restaurants and at home. Instead of a nice thick sauce, it was more like bean soup. The best cassoulets have chunks of multiple meats, especially sausage, in addition to the duck. There was something I could not recognize but mostly celery and onions. I make better cassoulet at home. Others in the party seemed pleased with their choices. I also found the bread ordinary. In all, for the price of the restaurant, we would have been more satisfied elsewhere.Special Features:
- Our Neighborhood DelightToonVIPDined on 3/27/2014Chez Boet has become our favorite go-to spot in Old Naples. The food is consistently of the highest quality, with creative and thoughtful presentation. Service is outstanding. The husband and wife owners are on the premises, mixing with their customers. This is not my first review of Chez Boet, and it only gets better each year. It tops our list of where to take the out of town visitors, most of whom have done the 5th Avenue and 3rd Street routines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in NaplesDelphieVIPDined on 3/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the bistro ambience. Very welcoming. Outstanding service, delicious food. Enjoyed my escargot and crispy duck. Onion soup was outstanding. Fresh fish in parchment yummy. Will make this a regular place to get my French fix. Good wines. Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and comfortable!barbarajDined on 3/13/2014We love Chez Boet.....it is small, intimate and the food is excellent. Our server was very attentive. Our friends from out of town were very impressed with the evening. Nearly every table was full and the noise level was higher than usual but certainly didn't interfere with our evening. Lisa and Phillippe (the owners) visit most every table and are very personable, making you feel like you're eating in their home. The duck that two of us had was very, very good and we finished with crème brulee that was a fitting ending to a lovely evening. We'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2014We had a lovely evening. The food was good and interesting. The service was attentive and friendly. We love the intimate feeling of the restaurant. You feel like you have been out for a special meal. It is my husband's favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like homeToledofoodiesDined on 3/9/2014Dining at Chez Boet is so comfortable to dine in that we almost forget we're in a great restaurant. The wait staff is great, the food is delicious, and the owners make you feel like you've been invited into their home as a guest...someone with whom they haven't seen in years and can't wait to entertain and get reacquainted. The most comfortable restaurant in Naples in which to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a sea of choices....ReddVIPDined on 3/8/2014Away from the crowds and frenzy of 5th Ave, Chez Boet is a bit of an oasis. The owner is very personable and takes the time to chat and connect with her customers. I struggle a bit to find an appetizer but inevitably I have a good, authentic French meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014We had an excellent meal, perfect salmon and beautifully prepared duck. A special endive salad was tasty and the escargots were very good. Professional and polite service. Had to skip dessert tonight but will definetly have the fondue next time.Special Features: