755 12th Avenue South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezboetnaples.com/
- Phone: (239) 643-6177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Fondue, French
- Executive Chef: Lisa Boet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to organizing private and semi-private events in the restaurant, Chez Boet offers off-site catering in your home or on board one of the boats at the nearby City Dock; meals-to-go; quiches to order for brunch or lunch. Contact Chef Lisa for a complete catering menu which includes made from scratch hors d"oeuvres, delectable desserts and complete meals. Chef at home dinners are also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Chez Boet"s creativity and experience helps guests design celebrations that express vision, personal taste and style in unique ways. With 2,000-square-feet, Chez Boet features a dining room, full bar, and outdoor covered terrace. The restaurant is fully permitted for live music and DJs. Our culinary team knows no bounds in its resources and creativity and are expert at adding that "wow" to your event.
Recent festive gatherings include a Moroccan Casbah, a night club with South Beach DJ, jazz brunches, yachting party dinners, wedding receptions, special birthdays, anniversary parties, baby showers, and custom cooking luncheons.
Chez Boet is expert at customizing your event for small groups ranging from 10 to 100 guests in a semi-private or private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Boet 2396436177
- Entertainment: Chez Boet features piano music in the Bar Salon, with a jazz duo on Sundays in the winter. Special events at Chez Boet include: Meet-the-author luncheons, special holiday menus, cooking demonstrations, unique evenings, such as a Cognac pairing with a master distiller from France and an introduction to mediumship. The restaurant is always available to groups for private parties and special custom-designed events. Enjoy a sail and dine package in the summer and fall with a catamaran docked at the nearby City Dock.
- Cross Street: 8th Street South
- Public Transit: We are located in the historic village of Crayton Cove, steps from the City Dock in downtown Naples, Florida.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Chez Boet features a 26-spot private parking lot located at the rear of the Anchor building where it is located, accessible from the alley way from 8th Street South. Guests are welcome to enter the restaurant from the rear door adjacent the private lot. A ramp on the 8th Street South side of the building provides handicap accessibility.
A word from Chez Boet
A chic Parisian-style bistro, Chez Boët serves authentic, market-inspired French classics such as Kobe boeuf bourguignon, bouillabaisse, orange duck, locally-sourced seafood, and cheese Fondue. Our menu is now 90% gluten-free and features Kobe beef, organic spices, and healthy French sea salt. The country-French cuisine is inspired by classic recipes of fresh seasonal ingredients handed down through generations of French home cooks. Mixologist Philippe recommends French aperitifs, his classic cocktails, digestifs or scotchs from the full bar. Warm service and designer decor create a welcoming ambiance perfect for an intimate dinner or for entertaining friends. An outdoor covered terrace has views of the waterfront village of Crayton Cove. Since 2003, Parisian imports Lisa and Philippe Boët have been organizing private parties for groups and celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chez Boet - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Chez Boet reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (28)special occasion (25)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Now on top of our list of good restaurantsroseDined on 11/20/2014Will be back. Liked the menu selection. Simple mostly French country food, well prepared and fresh. First time there but felt right at home. Very friendly service, wonderful owners. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinalflingVIPDined on 11/14/2014Located in a quaint cove, this restaurant is friendly and efficient. We were seated immediately, the hosts were in the dining room welcoming everyone, the servers knowledgeable and friendly. Our dinners of foie gras, Fr. onion soup, salads, tagine, and fondue were absolutely delicious! It was a chilly evening so we did not elect to sit outside, but there is a nice veranda on which to enjoy your dinner weather permitting. The owner was quick to answer our questions about French foods, cheeses, chocolate, etc. She is a delightful lady. We'll be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of France in NaplesYummyyumyumDined on 11/8/2014The food and atmosphere immediately transport you to France. The French onion soup was so wonderful, I don't think I can order this again in America from anywhere else......nothing I've tried compares!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemChmsDined on 11/6/2014Our first time to the restaurant. All of us enjoyed the food and had excellent wine. Service was really great and had a nice European feel to it. Plan to have escargot next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat customersThomasDined on 11/1/2014One of our favorites for fine dining in the Naples areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time was greatJHP10NaplesVIPDined on 10/31/2014Not expecting much, I was rather surprised by the evening. Atmosphere, service, food and decor were first rate. Some of the other diners at my table commented on the outstanding quality of their meals, but what I ordered was only good; I wouldn't order it again. I suspect that I just picked the wrong dish for my palate. Overall, I give Chez Boet an A grade. By the way, the wine offering is excellent and is comfortably priced.Special Features:
- NaplesDinernaplesdinerDined on 10/31/2014We loved everything about Chez Boet. The owners and staff are warm and friendly. They all seem to genuinely enjoy serving wonderful food in a beautiful atmosphere. Even when the restaurant was busy, we were able to converse easily at our table. The menu is very Country French and the food is beautifully presented. The bar area is large and filled with comfortable chairs, grouped for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulmomof3Dined on 10/25/2014Have dined here many times over the years. Always consistent. Always fresh. Owners are so friendly and charming. They are very in tune to the customer.Special Features:
- DisappointmentretiredeaterDined on 10/25/2014We had been to a previous incarnation of this restaurant and were very disappointed. Although the ownership has stayed the same the menu changed so we thought we would give it another try. The service was slower than it should have been give that the restautant was not very busy. The ambiance is fine but we were concerned when the bread came because it was not very good at all--a real downer for an upscale french restaurant. Although the tangine was good the beef bourguignon lacked complexity and hadtoo few mushrooms. The mussels were served in a bowl that made it difficult to get at the too bland sauce. The mussels were small and not particularly sweet.
- fourth visitrnltxVIPDined on 10/25/2014never disappointed! wonderful food, great wine, & great service - keep it up!!Special Features:
- northtorontofoodienorthtorontofoodieDined on 10/24/2014Chez Boet is our favourite restaurant in Naples...wonderful food, welcoming atmosphere and the perfect ambience to either enjoy a romantic dinner or meet friends for an evening of sensational French cuisine. The owners and hosts, Phillipe and Lisa, never fail to make their guests feel welcome and are clearly delighted and proud to be there. From escargots to bouillabaisse to dessert, the menu is full of wonderful choices, each one of them perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great french find in naplesjoannaDined on 10/22/2014We were greeted by the owner on arriving at Chez Boet, and he continued to be involved for our entire meal, from giving wine recommendations to making the coffee during dessert. This kind of personal touch makes Chez Boet stand out, and not to mention the really outstanding food! We ordered a variety of things from the menu and everything was delicious. The wine list is mostly french but reasonably priced. One of us had a drink from the bar that was a little weak - this being really our only complaint from the evening. We had a stroller and our two month old with us and they were very accommodating. We will love to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet bistro diningtbirdDined on 10/18/2014Chez Boet provides an intimate setting for casual yet romantic dining with food that is hard to beat. The snapper in parchment was excellent and their french fries were first rate. The french style "Napolean" was perfect!Special Features:
- People with passion!BvanbowerVIPDined on 10/16/2014Chez Boet is a great find for me. The owners were on duty and enjoying themselves doing what they love to do, and doing it with passion. The mussels and escargot started us off nicely. Our table enjoyed rack of lamb, cooked to perfection, and red snapper. The wine corkage fee of $15 is very encouraging for those that have full cellars. There are tables outside along 12th Avenue and quiet dining inside. My phone calls to The owner Phillipe in advance of our meal to inquire about corkage and attire were answered in a way that made me like the restaurant before we got there. He seemed genuinely interested in providing a pleasant experience for his customers, I love that! I'll be back.Special Features:
- French cuisinerestaurantgoerVIPDined on 10/16/2014The chef was most welcoming and congenial. The cuisine seemed authentically French as opposed to other restaurants that mix French cooking with other tastesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good French foodkaydinesoutVIPDined on 10/15/2014Pleasant atmosphere, dine indoors or out, lovely co-owner/hostess Lisa, very good food, especially lamb tagine, beef burgundy, Jura salad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Top of Their GameQualityFirstVIPDined on 10/12/2014Lisa and Phillipe Boet continue to provide quality food at a reasonable price with excellent service and, thus, are On the Top of Their Game. The pate and chicken livers were superb as was the duck, crispy yet moist. Our guest had the lamb tangine and left the bowl clean as a whistle after giving it a final swoosh with a piece of bread. Our server, Chris, was professional, knowingly helpful with our choice of a bottle of wine and there when we needed him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyAnneDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful dining experience! Our food was very flavorful and the service was excellent. We chatted with the friendly owners too- I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Worth the moneykrpaDined on 10/5/2014The food and service are the best! From the appetizers to the dessert - everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French Neighborhood BistroNaplesDiningMavenDined on 9/27/2014Owners Lisa & Philippe Boet have created a warm, welcoming and romantic ambiance in Naples' historic Crayton Cove district. Classic French dishes like escargot, beef bourguignon, Bouillabaisse, steak frites (Kobe beef), onion soup and various tagines are delicious and full of flavor. No heavy sauces here. The wine list is intelligently priced with some unusual selections. As a local, I have been dining at Chez Boet for over 10 years. It is a restaurant I keep coming back to and not just on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French, bien sur!JRinFLDined on 9/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my visit. The owners' attention to every detail shows in the best way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceHarrietVIPDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Chez Boet. The service was outstanding. We tried three different dishes, snapper, rack of lamb and a beef dish. All were prepared well, but lacked a little something in flavor.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014This is a true French Restaurant hidden in Naples. The food is perfect French food. The environment is classy and simple French atmosphere! Service is perfect! The staff is knowledgeable about the menu. The owner is from Paris and wife is American and they are just great people!Special Features:
- Great find !!!!!!FoodtrollVIPDined on 8/31/2014Being used to the Naples 5th Ave restaurants, we were very pleasantly surprised to find this gem outside of the typically crowded, noisy restaurants on 5th. Will come back !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love itmariagonzaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Its the best french restaurant in naples fl the food and the service vas amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A diiferent kind of FrenchXjoburgDined on 8/17/2014Chez Boet has been in Naples Florida for 20 years and though established they are not resting on their laurels. The menu was ecclectic made with all organic and local produce. One of our party is allergic to corn and they checked with the chef what she could have, which was almost everything on the menu. I had chicen livers over a salad of green for starters and they were sublime - yes I know you need to like liver - but these are worth trying. The bread is baked on the premises and comes crusty and hot almost straight out the oven. Three of us ate Targines - which were fragrant with fruit and rich while not being at all heavy. Dessert was chocolated fondue - just an artisinal swiss chocolate melted with heavy cream. To die for!!!Special Features:
- A French gemCheersVIPDined on 8/16/2014It was delicious! We started with escargot - tender and not overpowered with garlic, just the right amount. Excellent bread for sopping. Wonderful beet salad. We both ordered the tangines. My husband had the lamb which was very tasty and I had the seafood one. Both were excellent; a unique blend of flavors and herbs. The preserved lemons add a wonderful tang to the delicious fish and seafood. We split the berry Napoleon - sinful and deliciously light. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly remarkable experienceRhawkins81Dined on 8/2/2014This was my second outing at chez boet. I live in the Fort Lauderdale area so although it is a mere 90 miles away I would still considers self a tourist. This is truly a neighborhood gem. The restaurant is tucked away from the main strip on 5th ave and has a strong following with locals. The food is prepared in true French form, simple but masterfully executed. I had the wild caught snapper in parchment paper. The various flavors of garlic, tomato, and basil danced on my tongue. I must also mention that it is clear the owners are passionate about what they do and are fully invested in making sure every diner has a great experience. The service is excellent; no one rushes you, everyone is knowledgeable , and no detail is to small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 182 reviews are from the Chez Boet reviews archive.
- Wonderful dining experience!Sdpc26Dined on 7/25/2014I was part of a group of ten. The food was delicious and the ambience was very welcoming. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was very attentive. The owners personally greeted us and shared with us some of their travels in France. I highly recommend Chez Boet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningMaudieDined on 7/18/2014Our Host and Hostess were most accommodating and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Another Home RunBosoxDined on 7/17/2014I knew in advance what I would order-onion soup and the rack of lamb-based on past experience. Both were excellent and the soup continues as the best I've ever had in a restaurant. My wife's snapper en papillote was tasty and just perfectly cooked. Others have commented very negatively on the service; I can only say we have always been pleased; this last time the owners were in attendance, as it was a slow summer night. Very gracious, very helpful, as they always have been since the Bamboo days. There is a wide variety of good restaurants in Naples, but this is our favorite for intimate dining.Special Features:
- Best BistroDatenitedinersDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I choose Chez Boet several times a year. The owners are an extremely lovely couple. Very hands on. Always visit our table and chat. Great food and service. Knowledgeable re: wine. Loved chicken liver appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetDined on 5/23/2014Too expensive for the quality of food and service. Using Kobe beef for their steaks etc. is a bad idea-what is wrong with good old American beef?
- Best in NapleslustyDined on 5/15/2014We love this place and go there often. Lisa and Philippe are the consummate hosts and the food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine Chez Boet!pinotnoirloversDined on 5/11/2014Chez Boet is simply delightful! The atmosphere is cozy and inviting and piano playing is a wonderful touch in the background. It feels sort of old world. The duck cassoulet and snapper in parchment were each exceptional in taste and temperature. A poully-fuisse was paired with this at the suggestion of our server, Christopher. Very nice. We've spent a few years going elsewhere for a French meal here in Naples and elsewhere; at Chez Boet there is warm without pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, High PricesLindanaVIPDined on 5/2/2014We always enjoy dining at Chez Boet. The food is very delicious. We do think their cocktails have gotten very expensive. Wish they had a Happy Hour so we could afford to go more often.Special Features:
- Food great, atmosphere lackingTKennedyDined on 5/1/2014The food at Chez Boet has always been consistently good. But this time at our visit the atmosphere was severely lacking. The music playing was contemporary rap music and the laughter from the bar was very distracting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a returneb83VIPDined on 4/28/2014The reviews led me to believe my meal would be memorable; they were right, I will never return again to eat tasteless mussels and tough duck; can not comment on dessert since we left before ordering any.Special Features:
- Welcoming atmospherefussyeaterVIPDined on 4/27/2014We enjoy ourselves every time we dine at Chez Boet. Food is wonderful and service is enthusiastic and courteous. We return whenever we are in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meallove2dineDined on 4/26/2014The food was perfect (although plan to allow preparation time...) and service was wonderful. Personal attention from staff and owners. Will return soon.Special Features: