Cheuvront Restaurant & Wine Bar
1326 N. Central
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cheuvront Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cheuvronts.com/
- Phone: 6023070022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday : 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Rivera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have an area that is separated from the restaurant by a curtain with sound absorbing walls. Can accomdate groups as large as 45 people with a variety of menu options. Contact us for any details.
- Private Party Contact: Ken or Todd 6023070022
A word from Cheuvront Restaurant & Wine Bar
Welcome to Cheuvront! We are a modern, relaxed restaurant located in the heart of Phoenix. We feature an extensive wine list, award-winning artisan cheese selection and a unique and eclectic menu, sure to delight any palate. Routinely voted one of the best wine bars in Phoenix, Cheuvront has been recognized by Bon Appetit Magazine as one of the 50 Hottest Restaurants in the US, and was honored this year to receive a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. A great place for both lunch and dinner, our convenient location makes us an ideal spot to visit before or after downtown events. Come, EAT, DRINK, and EXPLORE with us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cheuvront Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2013I may have dreams about the Brie in puffer pastry, so delicious.Special Features:
- Sorry to see it goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2013Regrettable that Cheuvront is closing the Central Avenue location after all these years. Good to hear it will carry on at the Sky Harbor Airport terminal #4, although in honesty I don't anticipate patronizing it much there (because I rarely eat at the airport, especially outside the "secure" area; one never knows how long the dining experience will take or what to experience at security).Special Features:
- Restaurant week experienceJanetDined on 5/19/2013Had a great dinner for restaurant week. Great meal for the value. Proportions good. Plating was very attractive. Quality of food was excellent. Nice wine pairing. A fun place to go - easy to park - and accessable off the 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2013Delicious and healty food, reasonably priced, with a well-considered wine list, all quite near PHX Theater and Art Museum. Staff are particularly friendly and attentive without being too much. Anoter word about that: too often these days wait staff are too friendly, intrusive, cloying, even a bit patronizing. The folks here have it exactly right: efficient, friendly, attentive, helpful, personable and yet unobtrusive. Food was served piping hot, red wine just a bit cool (cellar temp) , just as it should be. They know what they are doing at Cheuvront and they do it very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful space, tidy wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Beautiful space, tidy wine list, thoughful flavors and pairings, friendly staff. My only critism is that our reserved table was not set up when we arrived, but the staff recovered quickly and gracefully.Special Features:
- Dined April 5, 2013 for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2013Dined April 5, 2013 for dinner. Cheuvront chicken entrée was okay, Ancho pork empanada was excellent, Salmon salad okay, Ceasar salad good. Wine flight with cheese pairing was good except one of the cheeses we got was not what they told us it was, probably a mistake. Service was extremely slow even though the restaurant was not busy. Not sure how they got good ratings from Bon Appetit and Wine Spectator.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We went for Easter Brunch. The food was amazing! I ate so much I could only eat a couple of bites of the delicious bread pudding. They did run out of a one of the deserts, this did not affect us however we heard several people around us being told this, and we were told the kitchen was backed up on the muffins when we got there however we were given a complimentary mimosa and the muffins came out shortly.Special Features:
- It was as if they had forgottenAdsonjDined on 3/31/2013It was as if they had forgotten they were open for Brunch.
- Oops!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Overbooked on Easter--had no service for the first 20 minutes--no food at 40 minutes so we walked out. Seem like really nice people but really poor business people.
- Great service!New2NCDined on 3/29/2013This restaurant had been recommended to us for its wine list and food pairings. My husband and I tried two different wine flights. Both were deliciously paired with cheeses that you can also buy on the premisses to bring home. Jeff, the sommelier (barman?) made changes to the flight I chose, appropriately named Jeff's Favorite, and came to our table to tell us which wines I would be drinking instead. He even wrote them down on my flight sheet. Later, he suggested a great Malbec to pair with the cappuccino chocolate mousse cake we shared for dessert. Our server, Stefano, was very attentive to our needs. I was highly impressed by the level of courtesy given to us by the service staff.Special Features:
- Could have been an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013Could have been an excellent meal but service was sketchy.Special Features:
- The food was awesome. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013The food was awesome. The hostess was friendly. The young man who served us out on the patio was not very friendly. He did not engage us at all. He did his job and nothing more. We asked for coffee and the bill. We got the coffee, but had to ask again for the bill and then wait a while. We needed to get going for the play. We ordered two additonal drinks, but only received one; had to ask the bartender for the drink (he had forgotten). Three of us liked the food enough to come again and have a different waiter. The 4th person would not come back. You have a unique restaurant. The food is great and the prices are great. Make sure you hire wait staff that are friendly and make the customers feel welcome.Special Features:
- A perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2013Localy owned Cheuvront Restaurant is a very good restaurant to visit and reccomend others to. The service is professional, yet casual. The atmosphere is friendly and exceed what I would expect from any high quality restaurant. Lucky for everyone at PHX the new location is sure to delight visitors to the Airport.Special Features:
- Everything about Cheuvront's,GeneDined on 3/9/2013Everything about Cheuvront's, from the tastiness of the food to the efficiency to the variety of selections to politeness of the service to the reasonableness of the prices, was absolutely first-rate.Special Features:
- I have been here several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/3/2013I have been here several times and enjoy my meals each time. It is a great location and easy to get to for people all over the city. This last visit, the restaurant had no coffee for customers. This was a little disappointing and the excuse was we forgot to order coffee. Overall, the meal was still fabulous.Special Features:
- A great "local" restaurantGinnySVIPDined on 2/26/2013A great place to stop on the way downtown for a Suns game! We had wine & appetizer off the Happy Hour Menu and the risotto entries. All were excellent and a fantastic value. It has a casual friendly atmosphere. If the weather is right you can eat outside.Special Features:
- Cheuvront leaves much to be desiredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013There are several places in downtown Phoenix that are part of the 'new' avant-garde restauranteur club, Cheuvront being one of them, gives you a harsh dose of edgy fun with a flair for tradition melted in. Just like the quiet and somewhat somber ambiance, Cheuvront appeals to the young hipster 30 something mixed with the middle aged poet crowd. Don't expect to be wowed by exceptionally prepared or well thought out dishes, rather enjoy the wine list and calm demeanor of the staff. Quiet, comfy and cozy describe this small lounge. In fact, I was sore from sitting on the cool looking but equally uncool feeling chairs. Our dinner was decently priced, and dessert was sub par. But if you are looking for a quiet respite for convo, pile in.
- This place has a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013This place has a very good and reasonable happy hour menu. We did not have dinner. The main complaint is the noise level . Waiter was greatSpecial Features:
- Good food, good drinks, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013Good food, good drinks, nice wine list and loved the atmosphere. Not too expensive, I would recommend this restaurant...especially to the wine drinkers and cheese eaters : )Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood wine bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Nice neighborhood wine bar. Our first visit was on Valentines Day we stopped in for a glass of wine and some appetizers before going to the ballet. Unfortunately, their normal appetizer menu was not available and we settled for a couple cheese plates. Very good well presented cheeses. The fixed price Valentines Day dinner looked delicious and was well priced. It is on our list to go back to at some time.Special Features:
- What a find this is! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013What a find this is! The service was outstanding and friendly. Plus the food and wine were yummy. We had a short time frame to eat and run, but they got the job done for us....even called a cab to help us get to the Herberger on time. We loved the place and would recommend it to everyone. It is on the light rail line too, so would be a great place for drinks or a meal before or after the theater or game.Special Features:
- Good place for great winesannelorrDined on 2/5/2013Good place for great wines and quiet conversation with friends. Small plates especially the mac and cheese and superb.Special Features:
- We ordered some appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013We ordered some appetizers to share and some wine. Wine was excellent, food was okay. Staff was very friendly an attentive.Special Features:
- This was a terrific littleRichDined on 1/17/2013This was a terrific little restaurant, I highly recommend the tapas......great wine list and best of all a friendly and knowledgeable staff !!!Special Features:
- A bit disappointed....sherrill53Dined on 1/11/2013Pricey evening with small plates that were difficult to share among our party of three. Bruchetta was not close to what I consider a proper bruschetta- four small triangles of soggy bread. The scallop dish was delicious, but only 2 scallops in a lot of sauce. While I am used to a mark up on wine, $10 for a glass of Kim Crawford is over the top. Shocked at the $150 tab.
- We went early, so very quiet.WinodocVIPDined on 1/7/2013We went early, so very quiet. I can see this would pick up and be more lively later in the evening. Food was good, not great. Service was very good.Special Features:
- I have been to Cheuvront aDeniseDined on 1/4/2013I have been to Cheuvront a number of times, both for dinner and wine tastings and am always happy with the service, food and wine. This is one of the first times I have been there for Happy Hour and I was very pleased with the menu.Special Features:
- Nice fixed menu with wineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2012Nice fixed menu with wine pairings for New Year's Eve. The filet was nit what I expected -two thin pieces of steak a bit overdone - but everything else including the service was great. Even with the fixed menu they were happy to make changes for my boyfriend who does not eat mushrooms.Special Features:
- The menu is limited,but whatrooftopDined on 12/9/2012The menu is limited,but what they offer is very good.The list for starter courses is much larger than the main menu.The cheese courses are very nice.The wine list is outstanding.We ordered a given wine that they were out of and another man came over to offer us a wine that was more expensive at the same price and that wine was great!We will be back again.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! StartedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012The food was excellent! Started with bruscetta and then had mushroom and zuchini risotto. Two of us had the risotta and the third salmon. All were faboulous. Just note as it is a French restaurant, the portions are on the small side. We sat outside which is nice; however the restaurant is right on Central Ave, so you do get the traffic noise as well as the light rail going by. Some like the feel of being in the city (we do), but I can see others being bothered by it. We had a new server who didn't have all the answers, but was very pleasant and willing to find out.Special Features:
- Disjointed and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012Disjointed and disappointing describes our recent experience at Cheuvront's. We had a 5:30 reservation in order to make a 7:30 theater event. Only two other tables were occupied and at least 6 waitstaff were present. Unfortunately, none of the seemed particularly interested in serving us. We waited about 5-7 minutes after being seated for anyone to offer us anything at all--including a glass of water. It never got better. Risotto was good but Mac and cheese was room temperature. Service was slow.
- Great deal for a great mealGinnySVIPDined on 11/14/2012We ate at Cheuvront prior to attending a Phoenix Suns game. What a great location for eating outside while enjoying interesting food and a reasonable wine list. Their small plates are excellent and pricing is low. This is a great deal for a great meal.Special Features:
- The cheese and wines wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012The cheese and wines were amazing! The food was delectible and the ambiance inviting! A must for all to frequent!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and quiet. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/11/2012Fabulous food and quiet. It is very difficult to find a reservation on a Sunday evening in metropolitan Phoenix area. Thank you Cheuront for being available!Special Features:
- Definitely a place to enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2012Definitely a place to enjoy an extensive and thought out wine/cheese list. The tapas and mac n cheese options are worth the visit alone.Special Features:
- Good however...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2012Service was excellent which is lacking in most dines today. It was a great location and setup. A bit noisy although there weren't many ppl. Ran out of duck and desserts weren't good except the pumpkin muffin. We did enjoy the flights.Special Features:
- I have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2012I have been here many times and the food is always good
- Restaurant a No ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012I had a reservation and an online confirmation. When I arrived at the restaurant, there was a sign on the window that said they are no longer open for lunch. There was no notice to me and very embarassing for my lunch appointment.
- Really enjoyed out first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Really enjoyed out first time at the restaurant. Great, wine, cheese and dinner! We had a very friendly and helpful waiter and will be back for dinner before our next date to the Opera!Special Features:
- Waiter was top notch! ProvidedShenandoahvisitorDined on 10/6/2012Waiter was top notch! Provided great suggestions on pairings for our tapas. Perfect place for light meal matched with wine. Cheese selections were outstanding.Special Features: