Chesapeake Inn Restaurant
605 2nd Street
Chesapeake City, MD 21915Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Chesapeake Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chesapeakeinn.com/
- Phone: 4108852040
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Christian Lackford
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Catering and Banquets Department is very extensive. The best thing to do is visit our site...www.chesapeakeinnbanquets.com or call 410 885 2040 to speak to a banquet representative.
- Private Party Facilities: We have multiple rooms available for small and large banquets.Our Catering and Banquets Department is very extensive. The best thing to do is visit our site...www.chesapeakeinnbanquets.com or call 410 885 2040 to speak to a banquet representative.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Marchione 4108852040
- Entertainment: We offer Live Bands and DJs on our DECK area nightly in the months of May through August and on Fridays & Saturdays in the months of September - April. The best way to check out which type of music & when it is playing is to visit our event calender on our website at www.chesapeakeinn.com. Click on the LIVE MUSIC link or the SPECIALS link to see all upcoming events and all live music details!
- Special Events: BRUNCH WITH SANTA 12/3 & 12/10 -Two dates & Two Seatings. Must call for reservations! no online reservations available. CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER - Open for Lunch & Dinner. Lunch(regular menu) 11am-3pm. Dinner(limited ala carte dinner menu) 3-8pm. *Reservations Required* online reservations welcome. NEW YEARS EVE DINNER - Open for Lunch & Dinner in the Dining Room. Lunch 11-3pm. Dinner starts at 3pm. Limited ala carte dinner menu available along with a unique couples dinner special on the menu. *Reservations Required* online reservations welcome. NEW YEARS EVE DECK PARTY! - Must call for details or visit our website for more information. BOUCHAINE 4 COURSE WINE DINNER 1/27/12 - Online reservations not available
A word from Chesapeake Inn Restaurant
The Chesapeake Inn is a place for everyone. The Main Dining Room boasts a beautiful waterfront view, along with a great bar area for small plates and some great "liquid therapy" cocktails. The menu in the dining room features jumbo lump crab cakes, fresh seafood specials, pasta, chicken, steak and veal. The Deck is our casual area featuring brick oven pizzas, great finger foods, salads and sandwiches. The Deck is open daily April through October, and only on weekends during the off season. The Deck area also offers live bands and entertainment during the summer months. The Chesapeake Inn also has a state of the art Ballroom for weddings and special occasions. We also have smaller banquet rooms in the Main Dining Area. We can host banquets up to 200 guests. Check out our website & click on the SPECIALS link for specials & upcoming events in our dining areas. ONLINE RESERVATIONS ONLY ACCEPTED FOR THE MAIN DINING ROOM, NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE DECK.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Chesapeake Inn Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Chesapeake City ›
Chesapeake Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (49)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (36)romantic (29)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (23)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (17)hot spot (15)late-night find (12)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Always a great eveningJohnDined on 8/25/2014We have dined here many times in the past, both on the deck and in the restaurant upstairs. On this occasion it was my girlfriends birthday and as in the past times we were not disappointed. We waited for an outside table on the rail and had a fantastic dinner. The duck was fabulous as always and the Mahi Mahi was delicious. I had the 20oz Porterhouse special which was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for EveryoneTheredwinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Whether you want elegant indoor dining, relaxed dining on the deck overlooking the canal, or the vibrant nightlife bar scene; the Chesapeake offers it all. On weekends you're likely to find a wedding going on but there is plenty of room to accommodate everyone. The food is excellent. The service is good. After dinner we left the upper deck to enjoy the band in the bar on the lower deck. While the atmosphere changed radically from the countryclub set to the partyers, we were impressed by the quality of the bar food being served and remarked that we ought to eat here on a subsequent visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingbowtieollieVIPDined on 8/4/2014I came across this place by accident, maybe not quite by accident - I was traveling through the area and had my handy Open Table app. What a surprise! Food choices were excellent, the quality was outstanding and the staff very accomodating. I had such a good time, I returned the next day for lunch and was just as pleased. Don't miss this gem of the neighborhood in Chesapeake City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014First visit,great time Looking forward to our next visit. The view was great. We were lucky to see two ships. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SoupMaryLDined on 7/31/2014Lobster sliders were wonderful as was the Maryland Crab Soup! Surprised that there was filler in the crab cake. Key Lime Pie, excellent and a generous portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014This is my second time to the Chesapeake Inn. The food, service, atmosphere is fabulous. It is especially nice that the restaurant rests by the water on the C & D Canal...you're able to watch the tugboats and barges go on by. It just adds to the scenery making it unique. There is also music which is on the outside patio. So, you can have a few different choices of seating. You can either have fine dining outside with music or fine dining inside without music. OR you can have casual dining inside or outside with the music on the lower level of the restaurant. Many options are available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShoppingmommomDined on 7/19/2014We took our son and daughter-in-law to the Chesapeake Inn for dinner to celebrate their anniversary. It was their first visit and they were very pleased with the food, wine and ambiance. We will all be back!!!Special Features:
- Relax MidweekFrankHVIPDined on 7/16/2014On a Wednesday afternoon, my wife and myself decided to take a relax day. We went to the restaurants outside fine dining. Mid-afternoon, it was quiet, we had a couple of Rieslings, appetizers, and seafood entrees. A July afternoon could be uncomfortable but we picked the right day to enjoy a quite afternoon with a good view of the water and boats. It reminded us of a similar day years ago in Maine. It was our 1st time but we will be back, we live in King of Prussia Pa and not that far.Special Features:
- Less enchanted the 2nd time around3littlepigsDined on 7/6/2014Our waiter should never have been a member of the wait staff but I would not want him fixing my food either. His grooming and hygiene was awful. My food was lukewarm--fish stuffed with crab--tasty, but not delivered hot. The first visit here on Father's Day was good--this time, not so good. We may return once more, but we will eat outside.Special Features:
- Great dinner & view!foodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014We loved our dinners and the wonderful view! I had the seafood burrito and hubby had fish. We shared the wonderful crab bisque. Highly recommend all of it!Special Features:
- Rosebud1128VIPDined on 7/2/2014Great views in indoor and outdoor patios; Tommy the bartender is a gem, makes a mean Moscow Mule and Pear Martini. Appetizers were very good, prime rib was grissley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!finickyfoodie123Dined on 7/1/2014Went for a Birthday dinner. What a lovely place. Everything was delicious. Great service and a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!FranDined on 6/29/2014We have enjoyed the Chesapeake Inn for many years. Love to watch the party people on the deck! And the beautiful sunset with all the boats. Great menu choices and seafood of course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopeitwasaflukeDined on 6/29/2014We have been dining here for years, this night was for our wedding anniversary. The restaurant was packed. The 2 Filet Mignons were served cold. We will go back, I hope that it was a fluke.Special Features:
- The Very BestNumber1fatherinlawDined on 6/22/2014Food is excellent, services excellent and wonderfull views. We made great memories in this restaurant with our late father in law. With a Gift Card he left us, we celebrated his wonderful life with a glass of the BEST Bloody Mary he used to love!Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014Fantastic location in a charming town. It was a lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- Add to your Bucket Lists!3littlepigsDined on 6/15/2014I recently treated my husband to a Sunday dinner at the Chesapeake Inn--a family member also came along. We had never been there before. We were very pleased especially with the view and the food. The food was absolutely delicious and came with good sized portions. Parking was a problem on the day we visited. But we got lucky as a parking spot became available right at the front door. We plan to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Anniversary DinnerFuzzWuzzVIPDined on 6/3/2014We had a very nice anniversary dinner. Very good food and service while sitting on the second floor deck overlooking the docks and harbor. Nice evening to remember.Special Features:
- Date Nite - Trish and Vernon 05/31VJGreenVIPDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant has a terrific outdoor bar scene that is very busy and popular. Often overlooked is fine food service inside that offers a terrific view of the Canal and the ships that travel through. Baked Salmon "Chesapeake" (lobster sauce and lump crab meat) was cooked perfectly, and the taste was great. Blackened Swordfish was also properly prepared, not at all dry, and flavorful but not overpowered by the seasoning. Our server was very pleasant and very efficient. Nice job by all.Special Features:
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Took our family and a friend to the Chesapeake Inn for dinner to celebrate a special occasion, and had an outstanding time. Various seafood dishes we had were all fantastic. Service was excellent. And the view is a big attraction. The restaurant staff was very accommodating with a couple of our special requests, for instance around seating and customizing an entree. The only slight irritant was that there were a few flies around occasionally. My understanding is they are due to the opening to the outdoor deck. Weren't too bad, and certainly didn't take away from the overall outstanding experience, but since I've now experienced that twice lately, it would be nice to see this fixed. Bottom line, great place and dining experience!Special Features:
- Manager disrespectfulLgmgDined on 5/31/2014Mgr sat us in bar area and called it dining room despite res. made 2 months in advance. No table cloth make shift tables poor views. Mgr lied and called it dining room. App. Arrived same time as dinner. Waiter was great.
- Clean and CozzyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Excellent crab cakes. Vegetables well prepared-not over cooked but crisp. The only problem I found was a limited parking area considering the seating capacity. On my first attempt to dine here ( Sunday at 6 pm late April ) the bikers were in force and the parking area was a sea of bikes with the area blocked off with traffic cones,. Valet service was available but who wants to pay for valet service in Chesapeake City?Having no place to park we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening w/friendsmatiferVIPDined on 5/25/2014Sunday night was beautiful as we sat upstairs and dined during sunset. Service & meal was very nice & professional. From valet, hostess, and waiter they were very capable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealfoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Excellent swordfish with citrus sauce. Both our meals were excellent. Excellent service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014choice of fresh fish was outstanding - wish side vegetables were more interestingly prepared had requested a window side table when I made on line reservation several days in advance but not what we got when we arrived service was well paced - something hard to find these daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014The food here is very good and it has a good wine list, including a good selection of wines at $20/bottle. The service is no better than you get at Friday's, Red Lobster, or some other chain; one expects more at a restaurant in this price range. Also, make sure that you have $4 ready when you pull up to the restaurant, it is valet parking only, so to add insult to injury you have to pay to park. I will not be rushing back to this place.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceNicoleQ89Dined on 5/2/2014Went with friends on a Friday night. I was able to make a reservation easily on OpenTable and was immediately seated in a great round booth with amazing views. We were able to get a bottle of great wine that was reasonably priced. They have 20 wines under $20. Tookway to long to order and longer to get entrees. Food was good, no complaints. Thought side dishes outshined the fish.Special Features:
- The following 289 reviews are from the Chesapeake Inn Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Dinnergoodfood2Dined on 4/25/2014Started with a wonderful seat at the window, as the hostess put it "best seat in the house"! She was very welcoming! Our server was great in giving us all the specials and answering any questions. Had cocktails first, our server gave us plenty of time and never rushed us. We both had the crab bisque, was delicious, lots of crab. My husband had crab cakes and they were all crab meat, not filler, very good. I had a seafood stew, shrimp, clams, oysters, mussels, scallops and a white fish in a spicy red sauce, just wonderful! A very enjoyable meal and great service. We will return.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2014Food and atmosphere were good; however, the service was a little slow. We were there for brunch, when we got up to get our meal our salad plates were not cleared, we had to push them to the middle of the table. The same when we went for dessert, we had to push our meal plates to the center of the table because they were not cleared. Had to flag down waiter for drink order. It was a little embarrassing as we took out of town guests after bragging about the restaurant to them it didn't hold up to our bragging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchMKMooreDined on 4/20/2014This was the first time going to this restaurant and it was for Easter. The buffet was good and a nice variety unfortunately we say near the door to the upstairs deck so we had to deal with the cool air blowing. Overall I enjoyed the meal and the place.Special Features:
- KNIIDined on 4/12/2014Very nice place, good food. service was a little slow, but overall it was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Wedding Anniversaryrpataki727Dined on 4/11/2014We were there last Friday night to celebrate a 25th wedding anniversary with some friends. I have to say that the best part of the evening was our server, Sydney. She was stellar! From helping one of us decide on what kind of draft beer to drink, to providing us all glasses of champagne with strawberries shaped like a heart, to a dessert with Happy 25th Anniversary written in a raspberry sauce - she made the evening special! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Thank you Sydney!Special Features:
- Hidden TreasurebobbytDined on 4/7/2014I cant say enough about this place! We came here for our anniversary and the food was just spectacular! If you want a place to take someone, a date, friends, out of town clients or just family this is the place to impress them! I would highly recommend !! Make sure to check out the downstairs as well they have a great place for dancing with live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014I really enjoyed the ambiance and the food, not only that had a Special Guest from DC , we all really enjoyed every minute of it.Special Features:
- B & B WeekendwineisbestDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I had a pleasant evening on the porch of the Chesapeake Inn. The food and service were very good. I would recommend going for an evening with family or friends.Special Features:
- SEAFOOD AND VEIWlakesideDined on 3/11/2014THE ROCK FISH WAS GREAT THIS PLACE LOOKS LIKE IT JUMPS IN THE SUMMER RIGHT ON THE WATERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's night at Chesapeake InnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Our reservation was 9:15, the staff was tired and the food was OK. We had to walk a great distance in the ice to get to the restaurant as there was no parking available. I have visited this restaurant previously and had a great experience but not on our special Valentine dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointed in Valentine's DayKaylaBDined on 2/14/2014Upon arrival, we were told we couldn't valet because the lot was full of snow but there were people waiting for their cars to come from valet so there would have been a space but instead we had to walk. Once inside, two of the hostesses were talking to each other. They clearly saw me standing there but continued their conversation. A quick smile would have been better than feeling ignored. We had reservations but still had to wait 15 minutes before being seated despite people arriving after us that were seated before us (Hope they had earlier reservations and arrived late but didn't ask). The menu was limited which we didn't know prior. My meal was wrong at first but once they got it right the food was great! Will give them one more chanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014First time visiting....very good ambiance and service, not too many choices on the vegetarian good. Good place for seafood. Outstanding place for crab items .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayCarlDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went on Valentine's Day. Even though the menu was fixed, it had most of the popular dishes and all of their sushi menu. The drinks were strong and reasonably priced, and the food was delicious. Service was a little slow at times, but that was to be expected on V-Day since the place was pretty crowded. I would definitely recommend going there for a nice romantic dinner and I look forward to going back when the weather is warmer to experience the outdoor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.