Chen's Chinese & Sushi
3506 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Chen's Chinese & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chenschicago.com/
- Phone: 7735499100
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Bing Zhou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Can be arranged
- Private Party Facilities: Planning an important business meeting? Want to throw the ultimate birthday party or weeding reception? This Asian restaurant in Wrigletville has the party room and party package that is sure to please.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Chen 7738181280
- Entertainment: Can be arranged
A word from Chen's Chinese & Sushi
Contemporary Asian restaurant in Wrigleyville serves Chinese and Sushi. Full Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chen's Chinese & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was great. Red SnapperdivaVIPDined on 6/8/2012Food was great. Red Snapper is fantastic! I'd order again and originally it wasn't going to be what I ordered but they were out of what I ordered first. Service a bit lacking.Special Features:
- Everything great but Crispy DuckGerardDined on 5/11/2012Beauty night in Wrigleyville, so the windows were open. Parking was very hard to find, even though the Cubs were out of town. My wife had the beef and broccoli, which was very good. I had the crispy duck which was VERY dry. I would not order that again. I had a spicy tuna roll which was good. Overall, I would go back. Next time, I am going to have the Pad Thai.Special Features:
- We went before the Cubs gameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2012We went before the Cubs game as did others around us. It was perfect.Special Features:
- Sushi wasn't great but itAnnaMarieDined on 4/23/2012Sushi wasn't great but it was good for the price and location. The actual dining room kind of felt like a warehouse with some tables in it. We went right before a cubs game and we were only one of 3 tables in the entire place while others had a noticeable line out the door across the street. I would give it a second chance....
- Great Birthday Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012Went to Chen's for a birthday and it was a very nice experience. The dinner for my son, who's birthday it was, was free which was a wonderful surprise! All our food tasted very good. I would absolutely go back and recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- I put faith into the reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2012I put faith into the reviews that indicated to NOT be turned off by the Wriggleyville location. The ambience was nice; chilled out sophisticated without being pompous. The service was helpful and attentive. The pan-Asian representation on the menu was appropriate and well done, and not prepared "run-of-the-mill" style of ubiquitous Pan-Asian, that many places exude. The Sunday evening that we attended, only 3 tables were occupied the entire time. The drink and martini list is rather nifty as well. I'm glad that I took a chance and was well rewarded with a nice lakeview/Wriggleyville gem!Special Features:
- Nice SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Good food at the right price. Short walk from addison red line stop. Will go again.Special Features:
- I've been a patron of Chen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012I've been a patron of Chen's since 2005. The lasting memories that made me fond of this restaurant have changed. There used to be a low key area, very cozy with plush pillow like couches near the fire place. I loved that because I always viewed Chen's as having a dining room for different moods. You have the romantic and family oriented dining room. You have the professional and group dining area. You have the area for those who don't want to be seen but tranquil, and also the bar. That low key area is now the sushi bar. Bad move. There is no longer a tank of exotic fish, which was beautiful and really brought out culture. The samarai statues are still there and that's wonderful. Another great thing in the past was the upbeat mixes.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for Chen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I made a reservation for Chen's because it is close to my apartment and have walked past it many times. It was Valentine's Day and overall the experience was good but I can't say it was great by any means. The kitchen brought out the wrong dish for my girlfriend but she was pleasant and ate it anyway. The place must have been half full but our server was running around in a frenzy. The sushi was fresh and very reasonably priced. I would go back again for the sushi but would neglect the hot dishes as they were nothing special.
- Had a blast with my group.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012Had a blast with my group. Food and drinks for very good. Will be there again soon.Special Features:
- Great food, and great specials.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/12/2012Great food, and great specials. They do a good job with pan asian, which is often hard to find.
- Very good food and nice portions.ChicagoEatsVIPDined on 12/25/2011Very good food and nice portions. The only thing, probably due to being an exceptionally busy nite, the food was lukewarm. Flavors were awesome, though!!Special Features:
- Very slow - but good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/25/2011On Christmas day they must have been understaffed or over-busy. One of our two meals came out wrong - we returned it, and the replacement never came out the kitchen after an hour wait. What did come come out was very good, however.
- We had to wait almost twoKrejDined on 12/25/2011We had to wait almost two hpurs to get our food. One person on our party had to wait an hour to get a cup ofsoup. It was also cold in there. The waiter was terrible . So was the wait. Never go back.
- The restaurant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/16/2011The restaurant experience was great.The only problem was that the restaurant did not have our reservation through Open Table on record. Fortunately, the were more that willing to accommodate.Special Features:
- The food is always very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/30/2011The food is always very good and I love it that they have a low-fat version of most plates (less use of oil). I appreciate that they offer brown rice since most restaurants do not.
- Food was very good. LikedTravelLoverDined on 11/19/2011Food was very good. Liked the 3 item entree combo but the sauce on the Glazed Orange was a bit too heavy. Combination appetizers were great. Overall, food was better than sister restaurant,Koi, in Evanston.Special Features:
- Great food and service! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2011Great food and service! The one thing I would want to know is that maki rolls are really large. Other than that...great place.Special Features:
- I've been to Chen's quitetini579Dined on 8/20/2011I've been to Chen's quite a few times and I always seem to leave feeling like it was so-so. We were craving sushi on a Saturday night, and it wasn't busy so we went. The food is decent, but the service is consistently terrible. The drinks take forever to get to come after you've ordered them, then the server disappears for long periods of time. Once we were done with our food, we didn't get our bill for almost a half hour. Not only that, the server was nowhere to be found. If this was a one time thing, I'd brush it off as an off-night, but it's like this almost every time I come. If you are in a hurry, or expect 5 star service, this isn't the place to go, but if you just need a sushi fix and don't have much else going on, it's probably ok.
- the food was terrible. wonluisadosVIPDined on 8/1/2011the food was terrible. won ton soup like salted water - wontons with filling that tasted and looked like chopped liver. noodle dish tasted like they poured bottled sauce on top. a nasty meal.
- We were at Chens on a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2011We were at Chens on a very busy evening. The waitress was gracious and kept a smile throughout. She maintained an incredible calm in a sea of endless activity. Food was also great, and at a very good price. We enjoyed everything about the evening.Special Features:
- A very bad choice for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/1/2011omg forgot our appetizers. told us diet coke was on back order at the bar. Sat down at 6. Got our one entree at 7 Cold had to return it. No wait staff. Restaurant HOT ac not working. Would not go back and you should not even attempt to eat there if you have to be some place within 3 hours of dinner. A real nightmare of a dinner
- Chen's is a refreshing changeNoelHVIPDined on 8/1/2011Chen's is a refreshing change from the normal bar food around Wrigley Field. And, besides just being a change, it has some of the best Asian cuisine in town. We have made it our "go to" place when attending concerts at Wrigley Field.Special Features:
- I eat here a lot. The restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/31/2011I eat here a lot. The restaurant is in Wrigley Field's backyard. It is a great place to hang out when you anticipate a rain delay. Don't leave until you see them pull back the tarp. Got in before the Paul McCartney concert. They were very overwhelmed but still managed to pull it off. We were out on time and had a wonderful dinner. Food is always consistently good!Special Features:
- The restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2011The restaurant was very busy due to Paul McCartney's concert. The room was loud and we could not hear any of the table conversation. Service was slow but polite. We dine at Koi several times per month and decided to give Chen's a try. We would go again but not on a busy night and defintely ask to sit in the back room.
- The last straw ... Thumbs down.OpenTableProVIPDined on 7/31/2011I have been to Chen's several times and always noticed that the food was good but the service was slow. Well, this last time was the last straw. They were grossly understaffed ... Even ran out of spoons. Really, you ran out of spoons!? I will never return. Too bad, because the food is still quite good.
- Restaurant was very busy beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/31/2011Restaurant was very busy before a concert in the area that evening. It was very warm outside and not particularly cool inside. I don't think they were ready for the crowds, though most everyone had reservations; ran out of serving spoons as an example.
- Familiar friendBruncherVIPDined on 7/31/2011The food was great - same menu as Koi's in Evanston. We have our favorites at Koi's, so ordering at Chen's was easy. The portions are very large, so you can probably get a second meal from your dinner. Service was a little slow, but it was a busy night.Special Features:
- Great place to go. We wentBRFlyFisherDined on 7/31/2011Great place to go. We went for dinner before the Paul McCartney Concert.Special Features:
- Bachelorette PartyAllisonVIPDined on 7/16/2011We went for my sister's bachelorette party. The food was great, and the staff was not only nice and friendly but went above and beyond for us. The decor and ambience are great. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- The surrounding WrigleyvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2011The surrounding Wrigleyville bar scene noise easily makes it way into Chen's when the front windows are open, which can be a bit distracting from dinner conversation. However, the food is so delicious that you tend to forget about all of the noise!
- The food at Chen's is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/24/2011The food at Chen's is always great. I come here for specific dishes and generous portions. If you want something above and beyond typical pan-Asian fare, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Always a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/15/2011I love this place. I have turned many a person on to this place. Surprisingly upscale Chinese place in the backyard of Wrigley Field. Great place to if you anticipate a rain delay to the start of the game. In fact we make it a tradition. Food is consistently very good.Special Features:
- Overpriced for what we got.operagoerDined on 6/13/2011Overpriced for what we got. It seemed like most of the diners were using coupons, which makes sense. We ordered one sushi roll, one drink (sangria special), and one Chinese entree, and the bill was $48, which I think is really, really high.
- The service was a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2011The service was a little slow because they were so busy but our waiter made up for it. Food was delicious
- All of the food at Chen'sDiningwbabyDined on 3/19/2011All of the food at Chen's is amazing, I have never tried anything that I have not liked. Since moving away from Chicago I make it a priority every time I visit to have dinner at Chen's!Special Features:
- Chen's is our go to AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2011Chen's is our go to Asian spot. They do both Chinese and Japanese and they do both well.Special Features:
- Chinese appetizers were great.BestviewDined on 3/5/2011Chinese appetizers were great. Sushi was horrible. The rice was dry and the specialty rolls were very bland.
- The temperature in the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011The temperature in the restaurant was the coldest I have ever experienced in my life (During a meal). I had to wear my jacket and scarf during the whole dinner. The food was average to poor. I would never recommend anyone to freeze their behinds off for that food.
- Food did not match the restaurantsRICKDined on 2/26/2011Food did not match the restaurants had way better from places that do not look as nice.