683 Chenery Street
San Francisco, CA 94131Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chenerypark.com/
- Phone: 4153378537
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Chenery Park
Southern-style goodness comes to one of San Francisco's last undiscovered neighborhoods, lovely Glen Park. Chenery Park is a charming neighborhood restaurant with excellent food and great service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chenery Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- There are many choices inluv4foodVIPDined on 8/22/2013There are many choices in the city for dining and our experience at this restaurant was poor. We tried this place due to decent reviews but we will choose not to go back. The food was adequately prepared, service was mediocre at best.
- WinnerdiggetyVIPDined on 8/10/2013Warm, cozy neighborhood spot with quality comfort food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013The hostess was great. She was very accommodating for our family with two small kids... and they loved eating there. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly PlaceEllenVIPDined on 8/3/2013Everyone there is very friendly, and eager to welcome you. The waiters are funny, and easy going. Enjoy myself every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013We went to dinner for our anniversary. The staff was warm and friendly. They sent a complimentary dessert with a candle in honor of the occasion. The food was delicious. Mushroom gnocci was heavenly. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEEEELICIOUS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013phenomenol. But this site wouldn't allow me to include my feedback (too long). so i will paste it onto yelp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing exciting, but solid foodSidneyDined on 7/27/2013All 5 of the people in my party thought the food was well done. The service was friendly, competent, and casual, giving it a homey feel. The only thing that will probably keep some of us from returning is that the menu is limited to items which were not so much to our tastes, which is a shame, because we did like the place. Not that there is anything wrong with the menu--it's just a matter of personal preference for types of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2013The menu is small with a number of tasty choices, both in small and large plates. Their seasonal specials are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All American good foodVincentDined on 7/21/2013Simple clean decor with delicious all American cooking. Chenery Park Restaurant is a local treasure. Go on Tuesdays for family night if you want to bring the kids. Or go on Sunday night for quite atmosphere and delicious food. Catch some Jazz at Bird and Beckett on Chenery street a few door up the street. They have live jazz Sunday and Friday nights from 4:30 to 7:30.Special Features:
- Excellent food with great serviceKathieDined on 7/20/2013This is the third time we've dined at Chenery Park, the food is consistently innovative and well prepared. The service is friendly and helpful. Was able to enjoy an outstanding dining experience in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2013Great food, ambiance and wait staff. Owner is down to earth and funny.Special Features:
- Comfortable elegant neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2013Always enjoy coming back to utterly reliable Chenery Park. Laura, the hostess, sets the friendly, edgy tone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and enjoy!SallyDined on 7/13/2013Great food, fabulous service from hostess and wait staff, and a relaxed ambiance--loved it that there was no blaring music intruding on our conversation!!!! If you want to dine AND talk to your guest(s) it doesn't get any better than Chenery Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy going to CheneryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013We always enjoy going to Chenery Park. Great food, welcoming staff and an atmosphere we love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!fogcitymomVIPDined on 7/12/2013Glen Park village is fortunate to have this little gem in our midst. Nice place to run into friends and neighbors, a short but interesting menu, a weekly kids' night, and holiday themes, decor and costumes that are fresh, fun & original!Special Features:
- Always GreatJEMPVIPDined on 7/9/2013Chenery Park is never disappointing. The menu does not vary tremendously, but the choices provide a little of everything and the meal delivered is always good. They also have a great bar with many creative drinks and nice wines.
- Glen Park getawaymatrixtastyDined on 7/7/2013My wife and I took our nine month old baby with us to Chenery Park. Zagats had written that it was good for children and yet satisfying for adults who enjoy fine food. To keep it simple: I agree on both accounts. The staff was solicitous and friendly. The food delicious. While there might have been a little more butter in the various foods we ordered, this is normal in a restaurant that is dedicated to taste and offering a variety of hearty dishes. My wife had gnocchi and the gumbo. I had fish and chips and a fantastic summer salad that was very fresh. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chenery Park losing luster?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/3/2013I was pretty disappointed in the food this trip - I'd heard from others that quality was slipping and I'm sorry to say I agree. It's always been a reliably good place to eat but this trip was really off. I'll give them another chance and hope it was just a bad night.
- Friendly, Comfortable, DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2013While the menu is smaller than most restaurants, the dishes presented are outstanding. We've been there several times, and the staff and kitchen never disappoint, which is why we picked Chenery Park for a celebration dinner with my out-of-town parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersCinemaBearDined on 6/29/2013Really enjoyed the entire experience. Wait Staff was friendly and knowledgable. Laura, the hostess, was exceptional.Special Features:
- Neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2013There was nothing outstanding about this venue. Our waitress was excellent, but the food and atmosphere was mediocre. This was a birthday dinner and no mention was made of the occasion and our table was awful. Very disappointing experience. I would not go out of my way to eat here again as there are too many restaurants close by with a better menu.
- Both the romaine and the summerL8DinerVIPDined on 6/26/2013Both the romaine and the summer corn salads were wonderful. The mushroom gnocci, steak, pork chop, and pot roast were delicious. Cookies with the ice cream were TERRIBLE--four pieces of brick.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantbernalfamVIPDined on 6/25/2013We've been going to Chenery Park for several years and always have a great experience. Kids night on Tuesdays is great for families who want to have a nice meal out of the house and make sure there is something their kids will eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/18/2013Went here for a special dinner. The menu is limited but has good variety. Had the special double dipped fried chicken. It was ok. The clam chowder soup was a stand out. Came with clams in the shell. Nice touch and it wasn't too fishy. There were a lot of kids there when we arrived but since our reservation was at 8pm, they were not there long but were well behaved anyway.Special Features:
- Chenery Park!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2013I have had two really nice meals at Chenery Park and can tell you this place is a gem! The good is good, the prices are reasonable and the service is great and unpretentious! It feels very welcoming and isn't overly loud or crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemExploreSFDined on 6/16/2013A nice, cozy little restaurant. Atmosphere is casual and relaxed and service is friendly and attentive. Loved the gumbo and desserts are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining in Glen ParkjjSFDined on 5/30/2013Food is consistently very good and service is top notch. The restaurant is conveniently located in the Glen Park "village". In the evenings, there is usually street parking on Chenery. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2013I have been to Chenery Park 4 times and am still very pleased with it. The taste & preparation of the food is excellent, however, I noticed that the portions seem to be smaller and the males in our group were still hungry, even after dessert. The wait staff are friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- I was looking forward to diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2013I was looking forward to dining at Chenery Park. I had a most wonderful experience from when a staff member opened the door to greet us in to the wonderful meal and service. The only thing we were not happy with was the chocolate dessert at the end. It was dry and tasted burnt. Otherwise everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good, except one little thingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2013I always enjoy Chenery Park and will go again - good food and service. However, on this evening there was a fairly strong smell of disinfectant in the front (we were seated at a window table). I hope whatever required that can be taken care of well ahead of dining hours, or switch cleaners! But overall CP is a long-standing favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood treasureLoveSFDined on 5/25/2013Just what every San Francisco neighborhood needs--a reasonable, reliable and friendly "Go-to" restaurant. There are adventures in the menu selections, and also familiar dishes with "punch." It wasn't crowded in the early hour of our dinner, but I imagine that it can become so as the evening progresses. The server was a pro--available, informed, and attentive. Cauliflower flan--who would have thought? We'll be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and ClassicApplebuttrzDined on 5/15/2013I love CP. You could easily come here with a date or with your parents or on your own and you'd feel like you made an appropriate choice. Food is unadventurous, but not boring and everything is good. There's a full bar, and the drinks are excellent and reasonably priced. It is cozy but not crowded or noisy, & service is friendly and competent.Special Features:
- CHenerexcellenceKeithBDined on 5/4/2013It as always is fabulous, the service is superb and the menu is not too overwhelming but a great ecletic mix of food for anyone. the staff is vunderbah!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/25/2013Excellent in every way even the Servers are attentiveSpecial Features:
- Everyone was warm & inviting.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013Everyone was warm & inviting. Can't say enough about the original dishes that were offered. We will return many times.Special Features:
- Food is always fantastic &OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013Food is always fantastic & tonight was no exception. They make a great salmon dish. Service was a little weak. This is the second time we've had this waiter, just not crazy about his service. When you've just sat down, asking for a drink order is little too fast. Most servers at restaurant are great.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,eaterVIPDined on 4/13/2013Excellent food and service, and a wonderful friendly atmosphere.
- Service without an attitudeAAAAVIPDined on 4/5/2013As always, we had a wonderful meal at our neighborhood gem, Chenery Park. What sets this place apart from any other restaurant in San Francisco is that the wait staff here never makes you feel like they're doing you a favor. Even the nicest restaurants in SF have wait staff with an attitude, but Chenery Park does not. The management is doing something right - every server seems genuinely happy to be working there. It's a joy to eat at Chenery Park and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Truly a neighborhood gem,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2013Truly a neighborhood gem, fantastic food with local flair!Special Features:
- Chenery Park is always wonderful.TubasajoyVIPDined on 3/27/2013Chenery Park is always wonderful. We ate well, were well served, and pigged out on bread pudding and creme brulee for dessert. A treat always to go there! It was a crowded Wednesday evening (who knew!) and yet all went as it was meant to go.Special Features: