Chelsea's Chowder House
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Chelsea's Chowder House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.queenmary.com/dining-bars/chelsea-chowder-house-bar/
- Phone: 5624991685x
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Todd Henderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Queen Mary’s award-winning culinary staff creates innovative banquet cuisine for groups from 10 to 5,000 and even offers event goers the unique experience of enjoying the maiden voyage meal. Our chef’s expertly recreate the meal that travelers ate in 1936 when the Queen Mary first set sail. Take a culinary journey with world-class meals from all over the globe. Even the most discerning epicureans will delight in our award-winning cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private areas for special occasions
- Private Party Contact: Emily Valdes (562)499-1623x
- Special Events: The Queen Mary host numerous special events each year - check out our website for more information: http://www.queenmary.com/events/calendar-of-events/
A word from Chelsea's Chowder House
Choose from a variety of chowders, stews and brews for an unforgettable, international culinary experience. High-quality steaks offer diners a tempting alternative to seafood, but it is the seafood that rules at Chelsea Chowder House. Sample our most popular chowders, which change weekly, or savor one of our other signature fresh seafood dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chelsea's Chowder House - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Chelsea's Chowder House reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (29)special occasion (16)romantic (15)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- It felt a little a cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food & service were great. It felt a little like being in a cafe because of the sounds & the way people were dressed. The prices were a bit high for a cafe, but the view made up or the cafe feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Food was very good, but.....soup was cool and had to be sent back....main courses were brought in a minute after the salad was served and had to be sent back....after main courses served...crab cakes were cool and had to be heated.....scallops were great and overall food was very good after heated.
- TRY THE SNAPPER!!BUNNYMOM61Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating my daughter's 23rd birthday in Long Beach and we wanted a unique place to eat dinner. Well it was! The dining area was clean, friendly, our table had a good view of the harbor. The staff were all friendly and courteous. The food was excellent!! We would definitely return to the Chelsea's Chowder House the next time we are in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!DebngregVIPDined on 8/14/2014The clam chowder was amazing!! Great food and top notch service!Special Features:
- Very nice!PkaskelaDined on 8/12/2014Chelsea's Chowder House aboard the Queen Mary, is very nice. Service was excellent, beautiful view of the water & Long Beach, and our dinner was great.Special Features:
- Great Service...Great FoodfoodfitforthequeenDined on 8/12/2014Our dining experience was very positive. Wait staff are extremely courteous and professional. Made wonderful menu recommendations based on our tastes. The quality of the meals we ordered was very good and nutritious. The evening setting in the Chowder House is relaxing with a great view of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sergio GomezsergiobDined on 8/8/2014Delicious Seafood & great service. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Very nice place. Had a 60th birthday celebration and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queen mary- not so merryfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Very expensive for lunch. The lobster was previously frozen, sent dry oysters back to kitchen. Requested to be moved to different location after a loud large party was seated next to our table four. Noted on our reservation that it was a birthday celebration which was not acknowledged at the restaurant. Wine , as requested, was not served with the main course.Special Features:
- Location Location LocationnewmoonDined on 7/26/2014Eating at Chelsea's is about having dinner on the Queen Mary. We went with the expectation that it would be super cool to see the ship and have dinner aboard. We did not expect the food to be outstanding in any way as it's more of a tourist attraction than a high caliber restaurant. Service was good. Food was fair at best. I'd encourage people to go for the experience but not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking lacksJoannDined on 7/22/2014Parking signs state that the fee is $7 for less than 3 hours. Per our receipt, we entered the parking lot on 7/22/14 at 16:42 and departed at 19:15, obviously less than 3 hours. However, the attendant insisted on collecting the full $15, which we paid because we didn't have time to argue the point. We have tried to contact the restaurant as well as parking office and we have yet to receive a response. We would like this resolved. We don't want this to be the reason why we would not go back to Chelsea's Chowder House. Please contact us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAmandaj5150Dined on 7/19/2014We had Mary Jane serve us and she was fantastic, very attentive. She had great recommendations and we even got to meet and compliment the chef. Excellent all around, and it was very reasonably priced too. Do yourself a favor and get the double lobster tail!Special Features:
- DATED INTERIORGALAXYAVDined on 7/12/2014THE PRICES ARE RATHER HIGH. THE INTERIOR IS THREAD BARE AND DATED. FOR THE PRICES I WOULD EXPECT MUCH MORE WITH REGARD ATMOSPHERE.
- Dont forget about us!theqmandiDined on 7/8/2014Of course the view was excellent. The food was okay. I had fish & chips. I asked for fruit and got steak fries. There were six of us and it took a while for the waiter to come back and take our food order. We were there for two hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ambieanceboobooDined on 6/28/2014My cedar plank salmon was great!! The view was great and the menu selection was perfect for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chelsea's Chowder HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Delicious fresh fish with a view to kill. The restaurant is upstairs in the Queen Mary and it is definitely a place to go see and tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tears of joyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014My Husband is a foodie, and when he took the first bite of the catch of the day, tears sprung to his eyes. He was just that happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seahorseDined on 5/15/2014from appitizers to drinks from the bar. Excellent food and great portionsSpecial Features:
- Charming and deliciousluvQueensDiningDined on 5/11/2014The preset menu choices offered on Mother's Day were excellent. It was more then enough food! I loved the ambiance of the restaurant, the fact that we didn't have deal with crowds and the wonderful services provided by our servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, ok food, bad serviceLBlocalDined on 5/10/2014We went there for a family celebration. It is pricey for the quality of the food and poor service. However, you can't beat the location and the scenic view. We ordered the rib eye and it was tasteless and over cooked. My children ordered the nachos and the chips were stale. And it took 45 minutes to get our bread and salad. My children loved it because of the location, but I would expect more in service and food quality for the price we paid.Special Features:
- Mother's Day 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I took my sister and 89 year old mother to stay onboard overnight for a Mother's Day celebration. We had dinner in Chelsea's and my mom said it was the best dinner she had had in a long time. We had a table by the window with a beautiful view. Our waiter (a gentleman) was absolutely excellent! The food was excellent and our berry cobbler for dessert was to die for. We also thought it was quite reasonably priced. A wonderful dining experience. We hope to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 355 reviews are from the Chelsea's Chowder House reviews archive.
- excellentniteoutDined on 5/3/2014Food was excellent, view was beautiful. Overall a very nice night out with friendsSpecial Features:
- Dinner with the QueenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014A charming place for my wife (the Queen) and I to reminisce our dating years on the Queen Mary. Food wad good, atmosphere pleasant, and staff attentive.Special Features:
- great idea!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014I really like the fact of dining on the queen mary. There was a group of us having a meal after grand prix. Everyone enjoyed their meal, but service was kind of lacking. Not sure if he was busy, but he never Offered our guest another soda which was drank shortly after receiving. Never offered bread, when we asked for it, it was brought out with our entrees. Other than that every thing else was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chelsea's Chowder HouselevisbakalinskyDined on 4/13/2014Chelsea's Chowder House is perfect for small family occasions. Patrons get to enjoy a beautiful scenic view of the Long Beach port, and get to taste some incredibly fresh, well prepared seafood.Special Features:
- SUPERB DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014It was my husband's 60th birthday weekend celebration. We stayed on the Queen Mary ship in Ling Beach Ca. I made late reservation at Chelsea Chowder House on Friday night. The waiter was very attentive and patient while we mAde up our minds on what to order. I ended up ordering the Ribeye and my husband the scallops. The ribeye was the most tender steak I have EVER eaten. It was simply Devine. The scallops my husband I referred were moist and very flavorful. He absolutely lived his dinner. The lobster bisque was very good as well and, the crab cakes are a must!! The entire dining experience was A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewNanJDined on 4/4/2014Lovely setting for a relaxed enjoyable dinner. The food was excellent. My husband, who is somewhat of a fish fry expert, said it's the best he's ever had. My crab salad was wonderful. The service was outstanding. Our waiter enjoys his job and it shows. Every table has a beautiful ocean and cityscape view. Enchanting.Special Features:
- Good TimesSamSoto00Dined on 3/29/2014It was a little pricey for the atmosphere. But the food was excellent. Too many hands in the pot I think. We dealt with like 3 different servers/bussers so it didn't seem very personal. It made it hard to calculate a tip since our server kept passing the buck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unexpectedly Fabulous MealSperanzaDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I were spending the night on the Queen Mary. There are two choices for dinner - a very spendy restaurant, and Chelsea's Chowder House, which seemed a more modest option. We had modest expectations and were completely blown away by the quality of the food, the innovative presentation, interesting wine list, and the professional service - and a nice harbor view was a bonus. My first course was a fresh beet salad that was artfully presented and incredibly tasty. I ordered a fresh grouper steamed in miso sauce that was delightful. Fresh, perfectly prepared fish with a sauce that was flavorful without overpowering. My husband had a red snappe that he said was excellent. All in all, a wonderful meal on the Queen Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice anniversary dinnersangabrielvalleyDined on 3/28/2014enjoyed a great anniversary dinner with my wife and 20 month old daughter. Kids menu was good, and we both had fish. Both meals were great. I also had the chowder. It was not the best I ever had, but it was good. Service was prompt and helpful. The view was outstanding of downtown Long Beach and the harbor area. There is a small bar at the front of the restaurant that looks perfect for a pre dinner cocktail, although we went to the observation bar beforehand to do that. Just fun to walk around the ship and explore a little before the dinner, that is part of the whole atmosphere if you are going to dine here. We went to the observation bar before meal. All in all a nice, easy going dining experience and good food on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food on the "Queen".HelenDined on 3/21/2014Great Food on the "Queen". Mostly a seafood menu, which is what we were looking for. Excellent service. Had a great time!Special Features:
- More than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014I went here for my 4 year anniversary and I have nothing but good things to write. The service was very good and we were lucky enough to get a table looking out the windows; it was a perfect setting. The food was to die for. I would recommend the rib eye and the scallops to everyone who wants to eat there. Going later at night probably helped with the quiet factor that I loved, but overall I was pleasantly surprised since I had no idea what to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEvanDined on 3/12/2014I thought the food was okay but over priced. The best thing was that we finished very late and got to wander around the decks.Special Features:
- Awesome viewsIzzyvVIPDined on 3/10/2014We ordered a a nice wine and Our meal was good ..They ran our of special (sea bass). Disappointed so we ordered the halibut &scallops....the clam chowder was one of the best I ever had.Special Features:
- Total disappointmentWendyDined on 3/1/2014The ambience of this chowder house was cold and noisy. We ordered the seafood platter for $ 40 dollars. It was presented nicely but had tasteless seafood and was skimpy for the price. We ordered clam chowder which was good but tepid. The furniture was uncomfortable and the place felt truly like a has been.
- Medicority with a viewRustyDined on 2/25/2014Good service, good views, decor and ambiance leave much to be desired in tis restaurant. Although this restaurant is located inside the Queen Mary, it needs more lighting and a facelift. The "house specialty" surf and turf (Filet and lobster tail) priced at $42 dollars was my selection for dinner. The steak was very good, while the lobster had the cosistency of mashed potatoes and was returned immediately. Over all, I was underwhelmed with the experience. Walking around the ship after dinner and seeing the displays of the ship's history made the exeperience better that it would have been.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service.Jimbok64VIPDined on 2/25/2014After a nice leisurely walk from the city across the bridge, I was quickly seated and placed my order. Since I wasn't very hungry, I ordered the clam chowder, the chilled crab cocktail, and the Maryland crab cakes. All three dishes were delicious and served at the perfect, respective temperature. Service was fantastic and the view of the city across the water, phenomenal. After dinner, I took some time to explore the ship and found the history of it to be very interesting. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs an investmentProdinerDined on 2/23/2014This could be a great restaurant. But it's not. On the starboard side of the Queen Mary it has panoramic views of the Long Beach skyline. The food is average even though it shares the kitchen with Sir Winston's the ship's premier restaurant. The interior needs a make over. Get rid of the white tile walls dress the place up. With some attention and a few bucks invested this could be a great restaurant.
- Queen Mary dining experienceShamalamaDined on 2/23/2014Friends and I went for my birthday celebration, after touring the boat. Overall a very fun evening, and experience but as a restaurant it has it's limitations. Service was slow (apparently the kitchen is central to the boat, not the restaurant). Wait staff was attentive despite the appetizer taking forever. The seafood was good and fresh. Overall food was good only complaint was a friend who didn't care for the lobster bisque (which I did enjoy). Our party of 8 and were comfortable. It was a Sunday early evening, and not crowded. But even the layout of the restaurant lends to not being too close to other diners. It was a really fun experience, but I wouldn't necessarily list it as a restaurant to repeat over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with a side note.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014It was s good experience however my special request was ignored. I had my 15 year anniversary and had requested for a couple of things but it looked like they had no idea of such request.Special Features: