Chelsea's Chowder House
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Chelsea's Chowder House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.queenmary.com/dining-bars/chelsea-chowder-house-bar/
- Phone: (562) 499-1685
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Todd Henderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Queen Mary’s award-winning culinary staff creates innovative banquet cuisine for groups from 10 to 5,000 and even offers event goers the unique experience of enjoying the maiden voyage meal. Our chef’s expertly recreate the meal that travelers ate in 1936 when the Queen Mary first set sail. Take a culinary journey with world-class meals from all over the globe. Even the most discerning epicureans will delight in our award-winning cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private areas for special occasions
- Private Party Contact: Emily Valdes (562)499-1623x
- Special Events: The Queen Mary host numerous special events each year - check out our website for more information: http://www.queenmary.com/events/calendar-of-events/
A word from Chelsea's Chowder House
Choose from a variety of chowders, stews and brews for an unforgettable, international culinary experience. High-quality steaks offer diners a tempting alternative to seafood, but it is the seafood that rules at Chelsea Chowder House. Sample our most popular chowders, which change weekly, or savor one of our other signature fresh seafood dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chelsea's Chowder House - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Chelsea's Chowder House reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)special occasion (36)romantic (29)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Don't let the casual atmosphere fool youSoozieDined on 11/22/2014The food was incredible! Well prepared, pairing of entree with side was unusual, yet worked well, and menu had enough variety to satisfy. Wait staff was knowledgable, willing to please, and non intrusive. Shared asparagus salad - tender stalks. Two fish dishes, both uniquely prepared - with different sides. View of the harbor at night was wonderful. Price point was very reasonable. For the quality of the food would have expected to pay $5 more per entree. Atmosphere was definitely casual. Shorts, a tee shirt, and two small children would feel welcome during an early dinner seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ViewNickJDined on 11/22/2014It was a really nice night, I took my girlfriend to dinner here on a Saturday. We had a reservation and were seated immediately, although it may not have mattered because they weren't too many people there. Got some calamari which may be the best calamari I've had in my life. The main dishes were also very good, and the view was incredible. Our server seemed to get distracted after a new table came in and it took a while to get our check, but it wasn't a huge deal. After the meal my girlfriend and I took a walk on the deck around the Queen Mary and I proposed to her. She said yes. So that made the night that much better. I didn't know this at the time but if you go to exit the parking lot, tell them you ate at one of the restaurants and your parking will be free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Food and service was excellent. Great view. Feels like outdoor dining on the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Beautiful scenic view, great foods and service. Memorable place! Thanks all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and the ambiance was great. Server was very friendly and brought a dessert for us on the house. Great selection of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your money here!Deva110013Dined on 11/9/2014The food here was terrible! Not cooked well and ridiculous sauces put on everything to cover up the poor quality of food used. Very sad. This place has such potential.Special Features:
- wonderful evening25againDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed a delicious dinner for our 25th anniversary. Found a new wine that I love. I asked the waiter to recommend a white to go with the dinner I ordered. It was nice and quiet. Made a reservation and walked right to our table, no waiting. Great prices and food. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest place on the California vacationTJBuffiDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful service and food... very nice ambiance.. Wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.Robert525Dined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed steamed clams, New England clam chowder, Crab Louie salad, Blackened snapper with sweet potato puree and other trimmings, and a nice glass of wine. Reserved a window table online. Enjoyed the harbor view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The clam chowder although tasty had almost no clams and way too many potatoes. Scampi was tasty but again too many capers. Peach cobbler yummy.Special Features:
- Seafood by the Seacmair78Dined on 10/26/2014This was my first experience at Chelsea's Chowder House and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, service, and food. The most wonderful part about the restaurant is the location: on the Queen Mary with window views of the ocean. I loved being able to eat my delicious food while looking out at the water. The server was also very attentive and kind. I would recommend the restaurant to others for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveluvfinedineDined on 10/18/2014I knew it would be expensive, but I was surprised how super expensive it was. For the menu, it's too, too, pricey, and I enjoy eating at fine dining restaurants. Fish and chips were some of the worst I had. They use a thick batter so you end up with fish that is all dough sitting on soggy fries. Cole slaw is tasteless. And the chowder, too expensive for a small bowl. Bring it down to $5 or even $6, and you'd sell more of it. For what we got, $105 for two people too high for the sub-standard meal.Special Features:
- NiceSnowmanDined on 10/15/2014Had a good meal food good and wine not bad. Only problem is I feel they rush us after a really good starter had to go to the bath room , along way away . On my return my mian was sitting there waiting for me not good. Staff nice but very fast.Special Features:
- dont botherlynnDined on 10/13/2014How is a seafood restaurant out of lobster? Paper covering the tables....tacky to compensate lazy. Food was nothing special and VERY over priced. I enjoy Parkers lighthouse much much more.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Amazing Service4AolaniDined on 10/13/2014My hubby and I celebrated my 53rd birthday on board the Queen Mary and had dinner at Chelsea's just a couple of days ago. The service was impeccable. Our waiter and other staff were so very friendly, knowledgeable, and were always on top of their game. Our food and drinks were served very quickly. We both ordered the Surf and Turf. The filet mignon was prepared perfectly. The lobster tail was succulent. And the mashed potatoes were wonderful (and I'm not much of a potato eater) and I loved it. I highly recommend Chelsea's Chowder House. 5-stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasadenafoodie1VIPDined on 10/10/2014This seafood restaurant aboard the venerable Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA was a lot of fun to eat at; the food was much better than at most "view" restaurants (there's a gorgeous view of the Long Beach skyline and harbor from almost any window), and my server, MaryJane (MJ) was extremely professional, efficient, and friendly! I had both the New England clam chowder, and Lobster Bisque, and while both were quite good, the chowder clearly won out. Crab cakes were excellent, as was shrimp cocktail, and my main course, Crab Louie Salad, was filling, delicious, and properly cold! My only complaint was parking; since the whole area around the ship has been turned into a "destination venue" (like Univ. City), it took forever- 20 min. - to park!Special Features:
- JoyceDined on 10/2/2014This place has a great menu. Food is good but not great. Great view of long beach.Special Features:
- 6th anniversary dinnerNessumsarDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I atell here on our 6th wedding anniversary. Neither her or I were impressed with the quality or taste of the food. The service and ambience were secondoing to none, but for the price we would rather dine at Walt's Wharf in Seal Beach for the better food and lesser price.Special Features:
- BrilliantDmanDined on 9/23/2014First time at the chowder house and we loved it. Derrick was our server and guided us through a wonderful dining experience, the fish we had was outstanding, snapper and grouper, awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lpm2220LPM2220Dined on 9/23/2014We were a party of four, each ordering a different meal. All of us enjoyed our meal selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restuarant Great LocationLindyhopperDined on 9/22/2014Spent my birthday on The Queen Mary and ate in the Chelsea Chowder House. Great service, fabulous food and a lovely outlook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicequeenmarydineDined on 9/18/2014Special seafood pasta was excellent. Great server, quiet table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was great but due to the fire we had to leave and did not have the ability to pay for our meal . So if you would like to bill us we had 4 bowls of soup 4 salads a serving of steam clams one order of fish and chips plus 3 starmont Sauvignon BlancsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdinesoutDined on 9/6/2014I had clam chowder and a crab louis salad. My husband had the grouper. The food was good and the service was very good. It's on the Queen Mary, so it's not easy to get to unless you live in Long Beach. We were staying on the ship. I did think it was a bit over priced.Special Features:
- Fun night on the Queen MaryajoytodineDined on 9/6/2014Who wouldn't like the view overlooking Long Beach harbor? We were in a little of a time constraint, but no problem. The special Halibut with lobster sauce was outstanding. And whenever I go to somewhere with the name " Chowder" in it I expect good chowder. I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chowder baby!EstarVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was the best clam chowder I ever had! Look out New England, you got competition, I will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite charmingRobinODined on 9/3/2014HAd a wonderful meal and a wonderful experience. Service was fantastic. Loved it, would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niteoutDined on 8/31/2014Excellent beautiful setting and the food was greatSpecial Features:
- It felt a little a cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food & service were great. It felt a little like being in a cafe because of the sounds & the way people were dressed. The prices were a bit high for a cafe, but the view made up or the cafe feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Food was very good, but.....soup was cool and had to be sent back....main courses were brought in a minute after the salad was served and had to be sent back....after main courses served...crab cakes were cool and had to be heated.....scallops were great and overall food was very good after heated.
- TRY THE SNAPPER!!BUNNYMOM61Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating my daughter's 23rd birthday in Long Beach and we wanted a unique place to eat dinner. Well it was! The dining area was clean, friendly, our table had a good view of the harbor. The staff were all friendly and courteous. The food was excellent!! We would definitely return to the Chelsea's Chowder House the next time we are in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!DebngregVIPDined on 8/14/2014The clam chowder was amazing!! Great food and top notch service!Special Features:
- Queen Mary specialtyCharchar063Dined on 8/12/2014This is a great place if you would like the the view at the the queen Mary. The food was nice, good selections. The service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!PkaskelaDined on 8/12/2014Chelsea's Chowder House aboard the Queen Mary, is very nice. Service was excellent, beautiful view of the water & Long Beach, and our dinner was great.Special Features:
- Great Service...Great FoodfoodfitforthequeenDined on 8/12/2014Our dining experience was very positive. Wait staff are extremely courteous and professional. Made wonderful menu recommendations based on our tastes. The quality of the meals we ordered was very good and nutritious. The evening setting in the Chowder House is relaxing with a great view of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sergio GomezsergiobDined on 8/8/2014Delicious Seafood & great service. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Very nice place. Had a 60th birthday celebration and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queen mary- not so merryfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Very expensive for lunch. The lobster was previously frozen, sent dry oysters back to kitchen. Requested to be moved to different location after a loud large party was seated next to our table four. Noted on our reservation that it was a birthday celebration which was not acknowledged at the restaurant. Wine , as requested, was not served with the main course.Special Features:
- The following 367 reviews are from the Chelsea's Chowder House reviews archive.
- Location Location LocationnewmoonDined on 7/26/2014Eating at Chelsea's is about having dinner on the Queen Mary. We went with the expectation that it would be super cool to see the ship and have dinner aboard. We did not expect the food to be outstanding in any way as it's more of a tourist attraction than a high caliber restaurant. Service was good. Food was fair at best. I'd encourage people to go for the experience but not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking lacksJoannDined on 7/22/2014Parking signs state that the fee is $7 for less than 3 hours. Per our receipt, we entered the parking lot on 7/22/14 at 16:42 and departed at 19:15, obviously less than 3 hours. However, the attendant insisted on collecting the full $15, which we paid because we didn't have time to argue the point. We have tried to contact the restaurant as well as parking office and we have yet to receive a response. We would like this resolved. We don't want this to be the reason why we would not go back to Chelsea's Chowder House. Please contact us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.