108 Eight Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chrnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 924-7786
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Benvenuti a Chelsea Ristorante Host your next dinner party or office party with us. Warm and inviting in the heart of Chelsea with excellent Italian cuisine.
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy Veljic 8778220469
A word from Chelsea Ristorante
Chelsea Ristorante combines the rich tradition of Italian cuisine with antipasti, homemade pasta, and risotto which are considered some of the best, and with our famous wood burning brick oven, Chelsea Ristorante satisfies even the most discriminating tastes. Whether for business or pleasure, an intimate private lunch, dinner party, or cocktails for a large gathering, Chelsea Ristorante and its amicable wait staff can provide the perfect accommodations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chelsea Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Chelsea Ristorante never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I've been here many times for both dinner and lunch and the food is always spectacular. The service is also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not what I was hoping forJP2014VIPDined on 11/15/2014Not a bad restaurant, service was good and food ok, perhaps is the price/food mix that didn't cut it for me, felt it was a bit expensive for what I got.
- Really nice experiance!SeafoodloverrrDined on 11/8/2014Came here last weekend with a group of 10. ( the reservation was for 12 but they were really accommodating about the difference! Everyone really enjoyed they're dishes, really convienant for a large group dinner before headed out on the west side, and the food was very yummy. Everyone was happy with my choice of restuarnt! The service was a bit slow but they were super busy Saturday night around 9 since they had a few large groups, I don't know if it would be the same on a typical Saturday night. I would def recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be good it was notsmartheepDined on 10/30/2014when a waiter gets the order wrong I do not want to be told it was my mistake I know I ordered stack not salmon
- Our Chelsea Go ToFANTASTICVIPDined on 10/28/2014I have been going to this restaurant for over 17 years and will continue to do so. It is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. I love everything I have eaten here and the service is amazing. My most recent meal was the twin lobsters and I think I have found my new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not good enoughllk1021VIPDined on 10/26/2014mediocre food, mediocre service. restaurant had been recommended to me and, since the location worked, i took some out-of-towners. i was embarrassed. new york prices for iowa italian? i am not going back.
- Old school integrity36inchelseaDined on 10/25/2014This place has withstood the test of time, unlike most of the restaurants in the neighborhood, for all the right reasons. I hadn't been here for many years, was delighted to rediscover it and plan to return soon. The menu is diverse and classic, the food was delicious, the staff was attentive, the room was full and you could still have a conversation which is, tremendously, important to me and my friends.Special Features:
- Very nice italian restaurantpmnyVIPDined on 10/25/2014First time at Chelsea Restaurant and was very pleased. Food and service was very good. It seemed to have a good mix of neighborhood locals and tourists. Nice portions and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshineVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our second time here in a short while and again very good for the menu, service, ambiance, size portions, fair pricing and welcoming, convivial atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a group before night outbscheurVIPDined on 10/17/2014Had 9 people here (on an original reservation of 12), and the staff was incredibly attentive, food was good, and the entire restaurant was very accommodating to late arrivals and just our group as a whole all night long.Special Features:
- Great local ChelseaGregDined on 10/17/2014Our favorite local Italian restaurant. Delivery service is excellent. Staff is very nice and attentive. Nice variety of food options.Special Features:
- Great old school italianKmMkVIPDined on 10/9/2014Food and service were excellent - my husband particularly like the game food al forno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshineVIPDined on 10/9/2014Had not been here in many years but will be back soon again. Pleasant old-time space with friendly service, a vast menu with many choices and fair prices and complimentary wonderful assorted breads and tiny cookies at the end. What a perfect combination! And delicious to boot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- generalVIPDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant consistently great food. The portions are large and the menu is extensive with lots of items to choose from. The service is great and the plates are brought hot to the table and cleared right away. There is a great desert menu. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceBizDinnerHostVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were fortunate that the weather was great for late September and could sit outside when we dined at Chelsea Ristorante. The food was very good, the service was very good and the noise level was not at all bothersome (especially since we were outside). The one criticism I have was that there apparently is no wine list, even for wines by the glass. When I asked, the server recited the types of wine, but not the name of the vineyard or the prices. I like to know what I'm getting and what I'm paying, so I suggest the restaurant print up some kind of wine list. Other than that, a very good experience and we will go back.Special Features:
- zzzzzDined on 9/25/2014very cordial and hospitable. good traditional italian food. decent value and strong sense of traditional family dining..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place To Dinease1707VIPDined on 9/25/2014Six of us had dinner at Chelsea Ristorante last week. This restaurant serves very good and consistent Italian cuisine, which is always dependable. In addition they have a wood burning oven which enhances several of their dishes. This restaurant gets five stars from me because they make it very special. From the moment one enters the restaurant, he is treated professionally and warmly. Everyone who works there goes out of their way to make you feel right at home. There is a great old bar and plenty of space to enjoy an evening with fine Italian food, a good wine list and excellent service (I should also mention that it is a true bargain in New York City) .... Thank you Chelsea Ristorante for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencease1707VIPDined on 9/16/2014Six of us dined at Chelsea Ristorante last evening and the food and service was outstanding. This restaurant always exceeds expectations in charm and character. Everyone made sure that our dining experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a FAVORITEBethyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Love this restaurant for its consistency and friendly old worl Neighborhood/Family attitude.Special Features:
- Great spot in ChelseaTravularVIPDined on 8/24/2014This was our second time at Ristorante Chelsea. It's the perfect location to have an excellent meal prior to boarding the train to Boston. We had Fresh, homemade pasta, wonderful salad, and delicious grilled artichokes. Service was excellent, all wait staff friendly and very accommodating; The bar tender was happy to make me a perfect side car according to my instructions! Looking forward to next trip to New York and return to Ristorante Chelsea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Italian FareAndrewVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant had mediocre Italian fare and was a bit overpriced given the value, but the ambience and outdoor seating was fine. Service was decent. Beer options were limited. Overall - It is a solid 3-stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always An Excellent Experiencease1707VIPDined on 8/13/2014I frequent Chelsea Ristorante from time to time and I have never been disappointed. It always starts with a wonderful greeting that conveys a sense that they are happy and honored to have you as a guest in their restaurant. The food is very good and it is really a bargain. Salads, pastas, pizzas and entrees are consistently good and I have always had an enjoyable time and a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE, FOOD & ATMOSPHERE!AZMODined on 8/12/2014Lab was our server & he was fabulous!!! It's a cozy neighborhood restaurant with very friendly & professional employees. The Chicken Franciase was delicious, as were the Caesar Salads! They have a very nice wine list with a fairly large selection of Italian wines. We won't hesitate to return next time we're in NYC,!
- CFioDined on 8/5/2014another excellent meal from Chelsea Ristorante! Never disappoint.Special Features:
- The following 225 reviews are from the Chelsea Ristorante reviews archive.
- A favoriteBethyVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant has been a long time favorite ...over 20 years. They never disappoiont and it is wonderful to have a familiar face greet you at the door and table.Special Features:
- True Italian FareCwjeVIPDined on 7/11/2014Excellent restaurant with delicious Italian food. Service A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2014it is magic - it i simple food well delivered with great staffSpecial Features:
- Nice dining in ChelseaNYCDinerVIPDined on 6/16/2014This is a great Italian place in the heart of Chelsea. While the food is not avant garde or ground-breaking, the food is classic and more importantly very good. We ordered the calamari as our app and it was cooked perfectly. My pappardelle with mushrooms and artichokes was very tasty and filling but not overly heavy. I really like this restaurant and you would too if you are looking for a classic Italina food fix.Special Features:
- Never again.overpricedVIPDined on 6/10/2014Used to come here freq & rec to friends- never again. Booked on opentable but their mobile site would only book for 2 vs 1. When I arrived told him it would just be me. He seated me by the door. Was sweltering hot so I asked for a cooler table. They're too cheap to even turn on the AC. Got seated inside at a table for 4. Was 6pm & empty. The mgr came over & said this is a table for 4- told him I mentioned I was alone & got seated here. Had to ask 2x to 3 diff people for more bread. Had to ask 4 diff people 2-3x for the dessert menu. When the dessert came I bit into something hard.I asked what it was. Mgr said it comes wrapped in plastic so prob just fell in! This used to be a gem. Now they're arrogant,rude& over-priced. Don't waste ur time.
- Pleasantly SurprisedYorkville747Dined on 5/31/2014I was seeking an Italian restaurant with traditional food. Great selections, and everyone in our group thought their dishes were excellent. Service was attentive, and reminded me of dining in Milan and Rome. Good natured staff and an appreciation for food and life. Somehow, too many Italian restaurants want to offer rabbit and marrow as a main course. If you appreciate excellent tasting food at reasonable prices, I recommend Chelsea Ristorante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Most Enjoyable Dining ExperienceCwjeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Chelsea Ristorante has outstanding service and a wonderful menu.....The servers are very attentive and anticipate your needs. Lovely staff!!! If the weather is nice, it is lovely to sit ouside or at the open doors in the front of the restaurant. The cocktails are fabulous and the two bartendars, Kim, and Carmine, make sitting at the bar fun and pleasurable. It is a little bit of Tuscany ! I recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinner with friendsstrawberrythunderDined on 5/16/2014We had a group of 9 on a rainy Friday night. The first that arrived had drinks at the bar - friendly bartender. Matre'D was very attentive and seated us. Service was fantastic. We never had to attract a server's attention. They were right there filling the water, offering more wine, taking away finished plates. Food was very good. Prices were resonable. Wine prices were very resonable. Matre'D sent complimentary glass of dessert wine to all at the table. Nice.Special Features:
- a FAVORITEBethyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Always consistent..a neighborhood favorite! And, rare for Chelsea, late kitchen closing allows for after theatre.Special Features:
- Après Theater SpotOperavoreDined on 4/26/2014For a good dinner with nice wine for our group of 6, Chelsea Ristorante was a perfect choice after seeing Three Penny Opera at the Atlantic! A bit noisy, but cheerfully so, and we were well served. The veal dishes most of us had were tender and tasty and the variety of desserts was appealing. I look forward to going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again CR DeliversJohnnyCVIPDined on 4/20/2014The perfect place for a late Easter dinner with my in-laws They were thrilled with the food and the service. Even if you don't live in Chelsea, this place is worth the cab ride. You wont be disappointed.
- An unassuming gemDunsiendaVIPDined on 4/20/2014Selected this restaurant based upon other reviews and its proximity to the Joyce Theater. Classic Italian selections prepared perfectly. Don't go here for fusion experimentation but for authentic at its best. We started with stuffed clams and fresh roasted artichokes, went onto veal with mushrooms and oven roasted sea bass and finished with cappuccini and lemon tart. Not only was the food superb but the service was welcoming, attentive and professional. Decor is simple yet attractive. All around impressive from start to finish. A gem!Special Features:
- consistentBethyVIPDined on 4/19/2014alwasy a favorite in this ever changing neighborhood. Consistency is so valuableSpecial Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2014We always enjoy going to Chelsea Ristorante. Delicious food and drink, great service and nice ambience!Special Features:
- Been a customer since 1995JohnnyCVIPDined on 3/30/2014I moved to Chelsea almost 20 years ago and began going to CR. Have never had a bad meal or a bad experience. Great staff - warm and welcoming. Got a special request- no problem- the will be happy to accommodate. Great for a quiet dinner or a large group. It has been my "go to" place for years. Give it a try and it might become yours too. PS. Try to guess the name of the photos on the wall. Not as easy as you think!Special Features:
- Solid Italian food and kid friendlyfoodiewannabeDined on 3/28/2014We needed an italian restaurant that was kid friendly and convenient. We found Chelsea Ristorante and it was perfect. The pasta and pizza's were delicious. We easily got a table and the service was wonderful. I didn't love the caesar salad, but that was my only complaint. There were many large groups, making it noisy, but that works when you are with kids too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.