138 W. 25th St.
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chelseamanor.com/
- Phone: 6465950707
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: closed, Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Duncan Omarzu
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering menu available for private events
- Entertainment: DJ Thursday - Saturday night
12 flat screen tvs for sporting events
Happy Hour - Monday - Thursday 5 - 8pm, Friday 4 - 8pm
Late Night - Thursday - Saturday till 4AM - reservations suggested
- Special Events: 4 Course Prefix Dinner Appetizer -Shrimp Cocktail -Stuffed Mushroom Caps -Marinated Skirt Steak Soup or Sald -Caesar Salad -Cream of Potato -Garden Salad Entree -New York Strip Steak - 9oz NY Strip, espresso-veal demi, wild mushroom and fried onion -Apple Brie Chicken- pan seared, brie cream sauce, brandied apples, topped with pecans and craisins -Salmon Fillet- sauteed with lemon, capers in a garlic butter sauce *All entrees are served with roasted red potatoes with dill & mixed vegetables Dessert -Raspberry Cheesecake -Homemade Chocolate Cake We will be offering a full bar, including bottles of wine and champagne for purchase Tax & Gratuity are not included and guests will be charged the night of Seatings are ONLY at 6 PM & 8:30 PM.
A word from Chelsea Manor
Chelsea Manor serves an eclectic selection of American style tapas, soups, salads, with a few select entrees, including seafood, steak, beef, chicken, and pork. In addition to sides and desserts, the menu also features a separate Slider and burger menu. Inspired from a blend of American, Italian & Mexican flavors and cuisines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chelsea Manor reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not quite what I expectedSalJunebug1VIPDined on 8/29/2012Not quite what I expected in terms of atmosphere. It is more of a bar that provides food and is set up as such. The food and service was excellent. We were there around 6:00 and the dining room/bar/ lounge was empty. We had a variety of small plates and drinks. Staff was very accomodating to our request to watch the US Tennis open while dining...Special Features:
- The service couldn't haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012The service couldn't have been better-the waitress Justina was very attentive. A lot of restaurants are run like a factory and push people out after they eat- at Chelsea Manor they tried keeping us for as long as they could, which is nice. The food and drinks are fantastic. We will definitely be returning again.Special Features:
- We went for my cousin's bachelorettKikiDined on 5/26/2012We went for my cousin's bachelorette party. It was Saturday of memorial day weekend and we were the only ones there which was very nice. I have a feeling it is normally much more crowded. We did two platters and then all got salads. The food was excellent and not priced too high. I also got a chocolate martini which was amazing! The waitress was wonderful.Special Features:
- Good for happy hour and casualOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2012Good for happy hour and casual meetings with friends or co-workers
- Don't come for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2012Nice atmosphere, but I wish the food matched. It was basically pretty terrible bar food trying to masquerade as haute cuisine.
- More of a bar place then aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2012More of a bar place then a restaurant! DJ had a great selection but not ment for sitting around and eating.Special Features:
- Sports bar TV set up. LooksNjbenzboyVIPDined on 2/24/2012Sports bar TV set up. Looks like a great place to hang out at night.Special Features:
- I went with a group of 11OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2012I went with a group of 11 females! We were all satisfied with our meal! Great start to our night.Special Features:
- Group was very disappointedTTD5371VIPDined on 2/17/2012Group was very disappointed with the menu change and decided to leave. It is basically a dance club with a few tables in the back for diners. Music is extremely loud. It is not a restaurant, it is a club and should not be on opentable.Special Features:
- The service is terrible. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/18/2011The service is terrible. They had issues finding the reservation and then we had to wait for menus. The server was rude and the host was not to be found.
- The food was ok. We orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2011The food was ok. We ordered a lot of appetizers and then regular food and they brought everything at the same time, which could not fit on the little tables.Special Features:
- We may have hit an off night,ArtSVIPDined on 9/27/2011We may have hit an off night, and we dined late (9:30) but we were the only ones in the restaurant. Food presentation was good, but quality unremarkable. A very pleasant waitress was a real plus. It may be a whole different scene on disco nights.
- No identiy.EnjoyedVIPDined on 8/23/2011This place has no identity. The decor is elegant that of a lounge with a nice chandelier, cool wallpaper, leather seats, etc... BUT, they have flat tvs in every wall with baseball or a tv program, The music is from a sports bar as well as the food. the lights are really bright. Didn't like it at all, although the staff was REALLY nice.Special Features:
- For as many bad reviews I'veMeatyDined on 7/30/2011For as many bad reviews I've heard about this place, I was pleasantly surprised. The wine list is pretty good. The food was just alright - nothing you can't find anywhere else. I recommend the wild boar sliders. This place would be good for an after-work gathering.Special Features:
- Don't BotherOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/19/2011Bad experience here folks... the service is ridiculously bad. The food is okay, but in some instances not quite what was described on the menu. It was in my hood and a 1000 pt reservation, so glad we gave it a shot, but won't be back.
- Despite the previous reviews,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2011Despite the previous reviews, I decided to give Chelsea Manor a shot, and I was pleasantly surprised at what an enjoyable experiance I had. The food was great (especially the pizetta) and the waitress was very friendly and knowledgable. We didn't wait long for our food at all, and the waitress regularly checked in on us. Definately a place I would come back to.
- good food, just the rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2011good food, just the right portions. very enjoyable, service was so soSpecial Features:
- Our table wasnt ready depsiteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2011Our table wasnt ready depsite being a few minutes late and we were not offered a drink at the bar whilst we waited. When the table was ready they squished 5 of us into a small booth that had an even smaller knee sized table to eat off of. I asked for a bigger so we were not all hunched over and crowded and to the staffs credit they delivered. i know this is a fairly new restaurant and the staff appeared new to their roles as well so i feel bad saying it was poor service but it was unfortunately. Food was good but after the table debacle and the long wait in between every drink it did not make up for the service...maybe we were just unlucky on that very quiet evening...
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2011I was disappointed with the food quality, taste, and size of portions.
- There was a large party takingamasnycDined on 5/19/2011There was a large party taking up most of the place and they were very loud. We told the Manager that it was too loud to eat dinner. He took very good care of us and we will check it out next week.
- Mostly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2011Made a reservation for about 15 people. The restaurant set up a nice space for us, if a little awkward for the environment. Service was generally good, with a few mistakes that are common for such a large party. For the price, the food was excellent as well. The main detractor, after splitting the bill between everyone I went to cover the difference (about 40 dollars over the split). I was told twice that two different credit cards were declined for the charge. This was embarrassing and ridiculous because there was plenty of credit. When I called both of the credit card companies they confirmed that they never received the charge on their end and the problem had to be with their system.Special Features:
- Went on a Saturday night withOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/26/2011Went on a Saturday night with a group of 7 and we were the only people eating there! They told us it was early and more people would be coming to eat later..but they never did. Food was good and the waiter was very attentive..probably because there was no one else to serve.Special Features:
- Delicious Drinks, Romantic Vibe!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/11/2011Low lighting, candle lit dinner for 2. I took my boyfriend here for Valentine's day and we had a great time. We were greeted by Antonio, the door host, who offered up a rose for me and a glass of champagne for us to start our night. The food was tasty, I ordered the Salmon. The ultimate favorite were the cocktails. Overall, was a v-day planned on a whim and turned out to be just perfect. I felt like I was in Miami with the cool blue/brown wallpaper and white couches. Definitely recommend checking this place out...we're going with friends this week for drinks and to check out the nightlife scene on a Saturday late night.Special Features:
- The food was good for slidersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2011The food was good for sliders and salad. Happy hour was decent. Attractive crowd and as the night progressed the evening only got better. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service was welcoming. Overall, I am glad I went and I would go back.Special Features:
- Our reservation was at 9pm,DaniVIPDined on 1/8/2011Our reservation was at 9pm, when we got there the hostess was very rude and gave us a time frame of how long we can eat before they set up the tables for their late night reservations. The food tasted like it was frozen then fried. I hate a horrible experience.