2005 South State Street
Orem, UT 84097Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://chefstable.net/
- Phone: (801) 235-9111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter B Sproul CEC and R. Troy Wilson CEC
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: From business lunches to weddings, Chef’s Table has the expertise to make your event one to remember. Our commitment to quality and excellence drive us to prepare the best food possible and present it to the guest in the most professional fashion. From 10 to 1000 let us help make your next event one that you will never forget.
- Private Party Facilities: Two intimate private dining rooms that seat from 25-40 each very comfortably. Both of these rooms feature floor to ceiling windows with views of the Wasatch Mountains. We have wireless internet, projectors, and screens available to help make your business presentations as successful and professional as possible.
- Private Party Contact: Troy Wilson 8012359111
- Entertainment: Baby Grand Piano
A word from Chef's Table
Chef’s Table is an elegant fine dining restaurant featuring modern American cuisine prepared with classical principles and techniques. We feature locally produced ingredients whenever possible. We use Ballard Farms Pork, Morgan Valley Lamb, and seasonal produce when available. Our staff is professional and well trained at taking care of our guests’ needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chef's Table - Best Restaurants in Provo ›
Chef's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (31)scenic view (21)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- UnderwhelmingRudyVIPDined on 11/21/2014This place is good but not great. It succeeds mostly due to lack of competition. If located in SLC, or other big markets, it will have a hard time competing. Food is good, nothing to brag about. In our party of 4, one had the Filet, 2 had the Rib Eye, and one had the Halibut. the steaks are far below the quality you find at Mastro's, Capital Grill, or similar places. So if hungry for steak, take the extra time to drive to SLC. The Halibut was fine, albeit on the salty side. The plating was fine, but nothing special. There is nothing special or original or new on the menu. It's what you will find in a typical moderately priced restaurants. If you don't want to drive 45 minutes North, then this is probably as good as it gets in Provo-Orem area. Sad. Very sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great service, beautiful buildingKaraBeanDined on 11/20/2014I have been to Chef's Table a few times over the years, my husband took me this year for Valentines Day, and I brought him there for his birthday. It didn't disappoint. He loved his filet mignon and crab cake. My poached chicken was so tender I have never had anything like it. I loved the herbed butter that was melted on top. We had a lovely experience. We were sitting close to a larger party of 10 or so, and they were quite loud, but what bothered us most about them is how they treated their server, as they made it clear they wouldn't be tipping him the suggested amount, and were very tacky. If you are willing to pay for the food, you need to realize you are also paying for the ambiance you have there. Overall we loved our dining there, and will keep coming back. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not great service!JohnsonDined on 11/14/2014This was our first visit to Chefs table. The food was delicious, although my meat was not cooked at all the way I asked for. The service was not what I was expecting. For as much. As they charge we thought service would be great. We waited for them to ask us for drinks, then we waited for them to take our order, then our appetizer. We waited over 40 minutes for our food. We never received bread and we had to wait for them to refill our drinks. So I don't know if I would recommend it as far as service and $$$ goes. We were both somewhat disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love This PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Our first time at Chef's table was definitely an experience to remember. It is pricey, but we loved it so much, I surprised my wife and took her there again for her birthday. The 2nd time was equally as good, except I tried lamb for the first time and realized I am not a fan. The presentation of the food is amazing and it is definitely an experience everyone should try at least once.Special Features:
- BusinessClientDined on 11/11/2014The flavor of the food was good once we finally got it; it took a good 20 minutes or so for our server to take our order and then another 20 minutes at least for us to get our food. It took twice as long as it would have anywhere else. The food was flavorful but a bit dry. It's a nice place but the waiting time really needs to improve in order for me to want to go back. I was taking clients to lunch and everyone remarked on the slow service as it took almost 2 hours out of our workday; as I chose the place, I was a bit frustrated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Food was good. The place is designed as a 5 star restaurant. Wy wife loved the presentation and the view. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialProposalDined on 11/10/2014Proposed to my now fiancé here.. Go early do you van have the place to yourselves. Absolutely perfect!!! Food was perfect as was the dessert. Will return for all our anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014From beginning to end our evening at Chef's Table was perfect - not only were the food and service wonderful, but the chef/owner even came to our table to make sure everything was just right.Special Features:
- SaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The claim chowder I ordered for lunch was salty and the portions from the lunch menu was too small. I left hungry and unsatisfied. Not coming back.Special Features:
- Great food. Poor Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We walked in and were greeted with warm smiles and asked for our jackets. We were ushered to our seats. After that, no one showed up for over 20 min, even to show us the menu or give us water. Finally a man who noticed us came and took care of us. Even at that, he would hardly show up to see how the food was, the experience. He did appoligize though, so that was nice. Where we were seated was a nice over look to the dark city. The seating was close but not uncomfortable, so that was nice. It was a good experience, I may never go back because of this though.Special Features:
- good but slowMil7Dined on 10/29/2014The food was tasty the service was horrible. Empty water glasses, 45 minutes to wait for food, 30 for desert...Special Features:
- Good ChoiceLuvFancyDinesDined on 10/25/2014Me and my husband went to chefs table not knowing what expect but the experience and food left us wanting to go back again. It was fancy and romantic, I felt like the waiters were at least doing their best. We had an appetizer, raspberry lemonades, he has the filet mignon and I had the duck breast...the food was delicious. They change their menu with the seasons so we're making a plan to go back. A gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!brentVIPDined on 10/24/2014We came to this restaurant a couple of years ago and were very unimpressed. The place was completely empty, the service was mediocre and the food was expensive and not that great. However, we'd heard that the restaurant was under new ownership and had a new chef, so we decided to give it another try. We were VERY impressed with the changes since our last visit. The service was great, the food was spectacular and there were other very satisfied guests all around. We will definitely be back again soon. Thanks!Special Features:
- poorest service everbadserviceDined on 10/18/2014I'm a pretty patient person but the service was awful. It took 30 minutes for our order to even be taken, we had to ask for bread, they forgot our drinks and forgot to come get our check. All of this happened while there were only 5 small parties in the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great service!foodjunkieDined on 10/11/2014Food could be better for the price. Still worth a trip out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to like itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The view from our table was lovely. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I felt like they could have had some nice back ground music. I had to whisper or everyone could hear our conversation. My husband and I have eaten at several fine dining type restaurants. So we know the portions are small. But our crab cake appetizers was tiny. It was a 1/4 the size of pictures we saw on Yelp.com. For the main course I had the halibut. Over all I really liked the dish. But there were several bites that were extremely salty. For dessert we got the brownie, it was such a disappointment. It was like they just pulled it out of the freezer. It was so hard we needed a chisel and it didn't even taste good!:(
- Amazing filet mignonwhittersDined on 10/10/2014I love the filet at chefs table. I have always had a good time when I come here. The servers are always courteous and make you feel very important. They are there to please you and it really shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a special occasionAlizoba77Dined on 10/10/2014This was our third visit to Chef's Table. We like to dine there for our anniversary every year. It is beautiful on the outside and very elegantly decorated inside. We love how quiet it is and you can hear each other talk. The food is very wonderful; both appealing to the eyes and the palate. On our first visit the service was outstanding. The past two times we have had to wait quite a considerable time between when we order and receive drinks, between the courses, and for our check. In fact, this time we did not receive our drinks until we had to ask for them a second time after we had already received our main course. It was a Friday night and more busy than usual, which could have contributed to the not so excellent service.Special Features:
- Chef's TableRachDined on 10/3/2014The dining experience was great and the food was good too. A great place to celebrate a special occasion. At some points during the meal we could hear yelling from the kitchen but overall it was a very quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- The service was very, very slow.JoshDined on 9/20/2014The waitress was very slow. Payed more attention to the table next to us that she knew. The Halibut was undercooked and the Ribeye wasn't that great. Brought the problem to the manager and he didn't do anything to fix or accommodate the situation. Not satisfied overall.Special Features:
- Will not return or recommend!lovetodineDined on 9/2/2014Over priced, small portions, poor quality salads, bland soups, and the deserts was lacking.Special Features:
- Over-rated and over-pricedMiddleKingdomDined on 9/2/2014Though otherwise rated very highly, we found the Chef's Table to be lackluster and mediocre. The service was generally slow and inattentive even though there were only 4 tables occupied including ours. The food we found to be hit-and-miss: the cut of beef excellent (though over-cooked) but the salmon relatively unimaginative and tasteless.Special Features:
- Steak with no sizzleJoshDined on 8/18/2014This is the first time I ate at this restaurant even though I lived in Provo for years knowing this was the place to bring a lady you like for a fancy feast. I brought my wife for our 8th wedding anniversary. I was underwhelmed. It has everything it needs to be considered a fancy restaurant, but to me they don't quite have the caliber of service you'd expect from a fine dining place given the prices on the menu. The appetizers (soup, salad, etc.) were tasty and flavored lemonades were excellent, but the main dish (filet w/ crabcake) came out luke warm. I told them, they did nothing. The steak was good, but was disappointed with how it was served. Staff are friendly but lack the flair and professionalism of a true fine cuisine eatery.Special Features:
- What we have been looking for!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The reason that I selected this restaurant was for the fact that it was a place that I could take my wife and have a romantic fine dining experience with the hopes of a good wine selection. It just a shame that they were out of the wine we wanted with our meal. It the waitress kindly let us know what would be some great substitutes. The lamb was especially good. Although I felt like I could eat a whole other plate if it, it cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceaceofspadesDined on 8/8/2014Chef's table provided an excellent meal, and provided a great atmosphere. I will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate diningBalball1Dined on 8/1/2014It is hard to find a place in the Provo/Orem area that you can go for a quiet romantic dinner for two. The upscale service and food cause this to be a place that college students can't afford, and young families wouldn't want to bring young children. It was pleasant, and I appreciated that the chef himself came out to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the Chef's Table reviews archive.
- Wonderful!ThisIsJohnGaltSpeakingDined on 7/25/2014I have dined at Chef's Table multiple times & have never been disappointed. Everything was delicious in a way that is hard to match in Utah County. The plates are unique & interesting, with a wide range of choices. The service was good, but doesn't match the level of the food. I assume this is due to an inability to hire & maintain a professional waitstaff. That being said, I don't have any real complaints about the service, just that it seems like the staff is trying really hard to match the restaurant in which they reside (it should be seem efforless). My only complaint about my last visit is that the bathrooms were a bit on the messy side, including some of the siding (or whatever it is called) coming off the wall. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvBAFoodieDined on 7/24/2014Been to Chef's Table a number of times over the past few years. Everytime the food and service here is always best for fine dinning in Utah County.Special Features:
- good food, way too expensiveunsophisticatedDined on 6/28/2014food was fine. about like any run of the mill restaurant. I've never spent so much on dinner. I probably won't ever go back because of that.Special Features:
- WhycookDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I consider Chef's Table one of our "go to" restaurants when we want a peaceful, relaxed dining experience with some great out of the ordinary dining choices. The staff is friendly (sometimes a little too chatty but nothing annoying), polite and attentive. Truly one of my favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always nice to visitCocatableDined on 6/14/2014Great food and service like always. Menu is always changing to keep your taste buds wanting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respectsGinnySVIPDined on 6/5/2014What a delightful find while visiting Provo. Located in a charming house the food was excellent as was the service. The Chef inquired with us twice regarding our meals. The wine list is quite limited but acceptable. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:
- Excellent servicesonjahornteacherDined on 6/2/2014We held our Wedding Breakfast here 15 years ago (then called the Restaurant Roy), and like to celebrate our anniversary here. We had made lunch reservations the day before, then received a phone call the next morning notifying us of a problem in the kitchen: they'd need to reschedule. They were so accommodating to open early for dinner so that we could celebrate our anniversary there. In addition, they brought us a complimentary Cheese and Charcuterie Board as an apology for the inconvenience. Their service though out the evening was impeccable, as expected, and we enjoyed our meals over a beautiful scening view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New ChefchristmasmeadowsmanDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant is under new management, and you can tell. It has gone from very good to excellent. New York, Paris, Provo? Clearly the best in Provo, and perhaps the best in Utah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBraithwaiteDined on 5/24/2014Dinner was delightful. Perfectly paced and peaceful.Special Features:
- A nice restaurantburrowrDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant and most everything about this restaurant is very nice, including the views of the mountains. In my opinion, the food is just OK. I'm not really picky about my food though, so some might really like the food. It was a little cool in the restaurant and we were cold most of the time. It is very quiet here and we felt like we needed to whisper the whole time we were there. I guess it's an OK place to try once, but I don't know if we'll be back very often. I last went there 10 years ago and it seemed to have a little bit better food (larger quantity) and a little better atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food and lovely views.HayleyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Chef's table is our go to for reliable service and good food. Although a little pricey, the menu usually delivers on its promises. Be sure to sit at the back of the restaurant to take advantage of the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deelishAshleyHoneydewDined on 5/16/2014We love this place for special occasions. The food is deelish, the atmosphere romantic, and it really makes our event feel special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Exquisite food, perfect to celebrate special occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak on ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The food was very good, although pricy. The waiter was delayed in serving champagne. We didn't receive bread. We had to remind the waiter to provide soup spoons.