2005 South State Street
Orem, UT 84097Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://chefstable.net/
- Phone: 8012359111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter B Sproul CEC and R. Troy Wilson CEC
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: From business lunches to weddings, Chef’s Table has the expertise to make your event one to remember. Our commitment to quality and excellence drive us to prepare the best food possible and present it to the guest in the most professional fashion. From 10 to 1000 let us help make your next event one that you will never forget.
- Private Party Facilities: Two intimate private dining rooms that seat from 25-40 each very comfortably. Both of these rooms feature floor to ceiling windows with views of the Wasatch Mountains. We have wireless internet, projectors, and screens available to help make your business presentations as successful and professional as possible.
- Private Party Contact: Troy Wilson 8012359111
- Entertainment: Baby Grand Piano
A word from Chef's Table
Chef’s Table is an elegant fine dining restaurant featuring modern American cuisine prepared with classical principles and techniques. We feature locally produced ingredients whenever possible. We use Ballard Farms Pork, Morgan Valley Lamb, and seasonal produce when available. Our staff is professional and well trained at taking care of our guests’ needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chef's Table - Best Restaurants in Provo ›
Chef's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (24)romantic (19)scenic view (16)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Will not return or recommend!lovetodineDined on 9/2/2014Over priced, small portions, poor quality salads, bland soups, and the deserts was lacking.Special Features:
- Over-rated and over-pricedMiddleKingdomDined on 9/2/2014Though otherwise rated very highly, we found the Chef's Table to be lackluster and mediocre. The service was generally slow and inattentive even though there were only 4 tables occupied including ours. The food we found to be hit-and-miss: the cut of beef excellent (though over-cooked) but the salmon relatively unimaginative and tasteless.Special Features:
- Steak with no sizzleJoshDined on 8/18/2014This is the first time I ate at this restaurant even though I lived in Provo for years knowing this was the place to bring a lady you like for a fancy feast. I brought my wife for our 8th wedding anniversary. I was underwhelmed. It has everything it needs to be considered a fancy restaurant, but to me they don't quite have the caliber of service you'd expect from a fine dining place given the prices on the menu. The appetizers (soup, salad, etc.) were tasty and flavored lemonades were excellent, but the main dish (filet w/ crabcake) came out luke warm. I told them, they did nothing. The steak was good, but was disappointed with how it was served. Staff are friendly but lack the flair and professionalism of a true fine cuisine eatery.Special Features:
- What we have been looking for!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The reason that I selected this restaurant was for the fact that it was a place that I could take my wife and have a romantic fine dining experience with the hopes of a good wine selection. It just a shame that they were out of the wine we wanted with our meal. It the waitress kindly let us know what would be some great substitutes. The lamb was especially good. Although I felt like I could eat a whole other plate if it, it cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceaceofspadesDined on 8/8/2014Chef's table provided an excellent meal, and provided a great atmosphere. I will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate diningBalball1Dined on 8/1/2014It is hard to find a place in the Provo/Orem area that you can go for a quiet romantic dinner for two. The upscale service and food cause this to be a place that college students can't afford, and young families wouldn't want to bring young children. It was pleasant, and I appreciated that the chef himself came out to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!ThisIsJohnGaltSpeakingDined on 7/25/2014I have dined at Chef's Table multiple times & have never been disappointed. Everything was delicious in a way that is hard to match in Utah County. The plates are unique & interesting, with a wide range of choices. The service was good, but doesn't match the level of the food. I assume this is due to an inability to hire & maintain a professional waitstaff. That being said, I don't have any real complaints about the service, just that it seems like the staff is trying really hard to match the restaurant in which they reside (it should be seem efforless). My only complaint about my last visit is that the bathrooms were a bit on the messy side, including some of the siding (or whatever it is called) coming off the wall. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvBAFoodieDined on 7/24/2014Been to Chef's Table a number of times over the past few years. Everytime the food and service here is always best for fine dinning in Utah County.Special Features:
- good food, way too expensiveunsophisticatedDined on 6/28/2014food was fine. about like any run of the mill restaurant. I've never spent so much on dinner. I probably won't ever go back because of that.Special Features:
- WhycookDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I consider Chef's Table one of our "go to" restaurants when we want a peaceful, relaxed dining experience with some great out of the ordinary dining choices. The staff is friendly (sometimes a little too chatty but nothing annoying), polite and attentive. Truly one of my favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always nice to visitCocatableDined on 6/14/2014Great food and service like always. Menu is always changing to keep your taste buds wanting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respectsGinnySVIPDined on 6/5/2014What a delightful find while visiting Provo. Located in a charming house the food was excellent as was the service. The Chef inquired with us twice regarding our meals. The wine list is quite limited but acceptable. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:
- Excellent servicesonjahornteacherDined on 6/2/2014We held our Wedding Breakfast here 15 years ago (then called the Restaurant Roy), and like to celebrate our anniversary here. We had made lunch reservations the day before, then received a phone call the next morning notifying us of a problem in the kitchen: they'd need to reschedule. They were so accommodating to open early for dinner so that we could celebrate our anniversary there. In addition, they brought us a complimentary Cheese and Charcuterie Board as an apology for the inconvenience. Their service though out the evening was impeccable, as expected, and we enjoyed our meals over a beautiful scening view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New ChefchristmasmeadowsmanDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant is under new management, and you can tell. It has gone from very good to excellent. New York, Paris, Provo? Clearly the best in Provo, and perhaps the best in Utah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBraithwaiteDined on 5/24/2014Dinner was delightful. Perfectly paced and peaceful.Special Features:
- A nice restaurantburrowrDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant and most everything about this restaurant is very nice, including the views of the mountains. In my opinion, the food is just OK. I'm not really picky about my food though, so some might really like the food. It was a little cool in the restaurant and we were cold most of the time. It is very quiet here and we felt like we needed to whisper the whole time we were there. I guess it's an OK place to try once, but I don't know if we'll be back very often. I last went there 10 years ago and it seemed to have a little bit better food (larger quantity) and a little better atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food and lovely views.HayleyDined on 5/23/2014Chef's table is our go to for reliable service and good food. Although a little pricey, the menu usually delivers on its promises. Be sure to sit at the back of the restaurant to take advantage of the views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 311 reviews are from the Chef's Table reviews archive.
- Romantic and deelishAshleyHoneydewDined on 5/16/2014We love this place for special occasions. The food is deelish, the atmosphere romantic, and it really makes our event feel special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Exquisite food, perfect to celebrate special occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak on ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The food was very good, although pricy. The waiter was delayed in serving champagne. We didn't receive bread. We had to remind the waiter to provide soup spoons.
- Near perfect!PointystickDined on 5/9/2014Everything was amazing. The view, the quiet, the ambiance. The only only problem was my wife's halibut was overcooked and dry, but still tasted delicious. My rack of lamb was delicious. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysUtahFoodieDined on 5/2/2014Excellent service. Delicious food. Great view. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentpickyeaterDined on 4/30/2014Best food for fine dining in Utah county. A bit pricey, but well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Utah Valley fine diningJLDCEOVIPDined on 4/1/2014What can I say? I've been here many times and it always good. Great food, view and service. Highly recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ain't what she used to beGraceDined on 3/26/2014I have entertained clients at Chefs Table on many occasions for many years. Sadly, the restaurant is not as good as it used to be. The menu selections have changed and favorites are no longer available. Food presentation was very nice, however lacking flavor. 3 appetizers: Short Rib- tough, Crab Cake- just OK, Spelt Risotto was very good. Cold Dinner rolls did not seem fresh. Salads were all very good; Spinach, Fennel and Bib Lettuce. Mac Nut Crusted Halibut was very dry and did not seem fresh, the stir fried rice it came with was under cooked and crunchy. Char was OK and Pork Belly was tasty but hard to cut. Dessert options are lacking. Overall, very disappointing for an expensive meal. Will not be back unless changes are made.Special Features:
- Chef's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014Chef's Table is the best place we have been in the Utah Area. Finally a place with a relaxing ambiance, refreshing professional service, Extremely talented Chef & Presentation Team, and a great view of Provo City... looking towards the Mountains in the East. We really appreciated everything, even the menu's. They do not list the prices, and that is so refreshing when you want to take that special someone and have them choose what they want to eat, just because they want to eat it... and not haggle over pricing. For those spry budgeters out there, it will be around $50-$70 a person. Well worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinnerdd4foodlvDined on 3/1/2014Chief Chad Pritchard came by our table , nice conversation, Fantastic Rib Eye & Filet Mignon ,cut with butter knive. Wine & Cognac very nice. Desert amazing. Servers were over the top! Overall one of the Best Evenings in a while. WE will be Back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for Valentine'sutahcountyDined on 2/15/2014Food was ok, but they should have warned us that they had a special valentine's menu, and no access to the regular menu. Felt stuck ordering food i didn't want. The people seated next to us were so close we could have been dining together. I won't go back for the price I paid for the food I got.Special Features:
- Wonderful service and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We loved coming here for our first time in a fancy restaurant. Our server was prompt and helpful and incredibly sensitive to what we wanted from the dining experience. The food was outstanding and gorgeous-truly a piece of art. The atmosphere was quiet and delicate and made us feel classy. A wonderful restaurant for splurging!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceDisappointeddinerDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I went on Feb 15th. We figured that since it was not Valentine's Day, the restaurant would be back on a regular menu. We were wrong. They still had their price fix menu for Valentine's Day. Being a teacher, this was tight for my wife and I, but we decided to stay. We did not want brussel sprouts which came with the meal. We asked the waiter if a different vegetable could be substituted. He said no, but if we didn't want the brussel sprouts, they could just leave them off the plate. There were other vegetables on the menu though. After we ordered and got a few rolls, the waiter came back and informed us there would be a $15 charge for splitting our meal. This charge was no where on the menu. We got up and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014It was a great place to take my wife for fine-dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The cherry chocolate cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The cherry chocolate cake was absolutely fantastic. I would buy the recipe if I had access to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food AND Service!tokyodishwaterDined on 2/14/2014This is the best restaurant I've been to, hands down. That includes five star restaurants in big cities like Denver. The food is excellent, and even more impressive is the service. Best restaurant in Utah, hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experience.DavidDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I really enjoy this restaurant. We have been many times and we always love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was professional. AtmosphereMichaelDined on 2/14/2014Staff was professional. Atmosphere kinda noisy for Valentine's day. Food was very good. Prime rib wasn't $60 good.Special Features:
- Valentine 2014dnorthutDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable dining experience on Valentine evening. We had forgotten that the meal was served in courses on this occasion. It was a pleasant surprise. We enjoyed the pace of the courses and each setting. Our main dishes were fantastic. This was our first experience at this restaurant. We plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love you Chefs TableAlexDined on 2/14/2014What an incredible evening we had. When I made the reservation on open table I put in a special request to sit by a window for the beautiful view. What do you know, Chef's Table took the time to make sure I got my window seat. The hostess gave us "special menus". Not only special in the fact that they created a menu exclusively for Valentines day, but also because when I opened mine it included a special note about the person we were with. So in mine it talked about my husband and in his menu it talked about me. What a classy touch!! And that wasn't even the best part!!! The food was unlike any food I had ever tasted. Such true flavors creating a party on my tongue. Wowza it was AMAZING!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The menu is very overpriced. My dinner was not terrible, but definitely not worth $65!
- UnimpressedMahusay22Dined on 2/14/2014We chose to go for valentines day which is a special romantic occasion. I have heard so many good things abt Chef's Table that I wanted to finally try it out. It is highly recommended so I had high expectations. The salad was typical. Nothing special. The soup was amazing! And it all went down hill from there. The filet mignon was over cooked for what I asked for. The mashed potatoes were cold. I won't be going back. I paid a lot of money for an incredible meal and it failed to impress. I have eaten at other restaurants and paid the same amount, sometimes even a little less, and walked away feeling like I just ate the best meal of my life. This was far from that. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedmgbgtfanDined on 2/13/2014I was honestly very disappointed at the experience. Food was okay some of the courses were very good and some were not however not worth the price. It came out luke warm (the main course) and when we mentioned that, the Chef who was visiting every table in the room, our table was the only one he did not visit. I thought that was interesting he only wanted to talk to people who were not going to have a negative comment about how the food was prepared and all we said was the food (main course) could have been warmer when we got it. For $200 I spent they could have taken care of us better.Special Features: