3460 Ten Ten Rd. #118
Cary, NC 27518Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chefspaletterestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: (919) 267-6011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Bar 5:00pm-10:00
Friday & Saturday: Dinner:5:00 - 10:00pm; Bar 5:00pm-1:00am Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jounte Burwell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for private evening events
- Entertainment: Live music on Friday and Saturday evenings beginning at 9:00pm.
A word from Chef's Palette
We are here to provide our patrons with a comfortable neighborhood restaurant and bar with a stylish and casual feel. Our belief is that we eat not only with our palates, but through vision and aromas; which is why we take the extra step to bring in the freshest ingredients with the trendiest plating techniques. We guarantee you will leave our establishment with an experience that is unforgettable. Our mission is to create a synergy between art, food and drink. As an artist creates magic on a canvas, Chef Josh Becker creates magic in his kitchen.Continued
Whether you are in the mood for a dining experience, or just want to kick back with a beverage in our lounge, Chef’s Palette is the place for you.
Whether you are in the mood for a dining experience, or just want to kick back with a beverage in our lounge, Chef’s Palette is the place for you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chef's Palette - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Chef's Palette reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (14)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Plan to go back!BeckaDined on 11/15/2014This was our first time there and will not be our last. The cocktail was well made and served in an ice cold glass. The house salad was one of the best I have ever had. Very fresh and balanced with delicious homemade dressing. Even served on a chilled plate. The scallops were perfectly cooked. We are already planning a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with attitudeCherDined on 10/24/2014Our server was obviously not in the mood to work on Friday night.Special Features:
- Monday Burger BuysNYFoodieVIPDined on 10/20/2014Chef's Palette continues to be a wonderful gem at the Cary Apex Crossroads - Kildare Farm & Ten Ren Roads. This is fine dining - food, service & atmosphere at its best in the dining room. If you want something a little more casual slip in, turn right into the lovely, large comfortable bar and lounge area. Monday's nights feature is a $5 burger. Yes $5 and they are a generous size, cooked the way you want them & served with steak fries or sweet potatoe chips. I couldn't help but wonder why we are not there every Monday evening - you can't beat this deal. The atmosphere is extremely friendly with owner, Cathy taking the lead on knowing & greeting her guests. She very graciously works the room and her staff follows her good example.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!!!luv2dineDined on 10/17/2014Awesome experience. Everything from the time that we walked in the door until the time that we left was great. The service was only surpassed by the taste and presentation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointedstolimartiniDined on 10/16/2014This was our second dining experience. The first was outstanding, the last not so much. The portions were small for the price. The service was marginal and overall not a good take away. We brought friends but will not make that mistake in the future.
- Always goodBobbyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Never had a bad experience here, either in the dining room or the barSpecial Features:
- Love the new menuSirenaVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have eaten here several times and after a while we got a bit bored with the menu. We decided to give them another try this weekend. Glad we did. We had a great appetizer and entrees - skipped dessert. Service has always been good. Bar area has a different menu. Also good service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 9/27/2014As we had dined there before, the food was great and the service was as well, we intend to return. Love the quiet, more adult atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood foodOneAndDoneDined on 9/26/2014Quaint restaurant with good food and nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Always a great mealgregthefoodieDined on 9/5/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Their menus are so cool (they light up) - makes it easy to read in a dim atmosphere. But most important, their food is exquisite. One of my fav spots in the Triangle.Special Features:
- They won me with the anchoviesjn1585Dined on 8/8/2014What a nice little find. A restuarant near home that serves high end meals. I started off with the ceasar salad which was perfect. I had the lamb with duck confit for dinner and could not believe the perfect taste. I look forward to returning to this nice little gem.Special Features:
- The following 473 reviews are from the Chef's Palette reviews archive.
- Great Dinning ExperienceWilliamDined on 7/30/2014Great experince, excellent food and the service was fantastic. Knowledgeable wait staff and the attention to detail to make the evening an ejoyable one was also exceptional. My wife and I are already planning our return for another enjoyable evening of fine dinning.Special Features:
- Nice DiscoveryDisappointedDined on 7/26/2014Took in-laws out to dinner and found this great restaurant. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Hidden GemMadlybDined on 7/24/2014Our first visit and it will definitely not be our last. Everything about our meal was perfect. The side salad was better than many entrée salads and my filet was cooked perfectly and my wife loved the scallops. We really enjoyed the experience from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a favoriteGracieDined on 7/15/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. The first time was in the bar area on a busy weekend night. Our server must have lost our order as it took forever and the place was crowded and noisy. Our second trip was in the dining room for our anniversary on a weeknight. It was quiet and nice. Our server was excellent. The food, however, although good, was not the best we have had at a restaurant for the price. Overall, not my choice of restaurants.
- Third time's a CharmTomHVIPDined on 7/14/2014This is the 3rd time we've gone to the Monday nite hamburger special in the bar area. It was just as good as the other times. What's not to love about a consistently good place to eat!
- Great FindSueBVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a great restaurant with fresh food, creative menu options, and always a friendly greetings and welcoming staff. We often introduce friends from the area to this restaurant as it seems to be off the radar, thus a hidden gem. The owner personally visits tables and speaks with guests and she always makes us feel special and ensures we have a good experience. All this adds up to one of our favorite go-to local spots for dinner with friends with the option of music after on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep Coming BackplumpjackDined on 7/11/2014No matter if it's my wife and I or a group, it seems there is always something for everyone. Not many places get the balance right between creative entrees, sandwich option and thoughtful salad offerings. From a light meat to a full dining experience, you can find it all here. I appreciate a good bar scene with high top tables as an option and a lovely dining room filled with eclectic local art, all available for sale. Ingredients are always fresh, food served hot and service with a smile. Don't let the strip mall location put you off. you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- Dinner was wonderful!enjoyDined on 7/10/2014The waitress was a delight, the food was excellent and the ambience was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I also liked the ambience and the artwork.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely yet overpricedRachelVIPDined on 7/5/2014Although the food tried hard to impress, which it mostly did, it was simply overpriced. We enjoyed the atmosphere, but our table was very close to a table of 4 and conversation bled over. If you are a 2 top, request a side table. We tried the duck bacon appetizer, and it was very salty. The potato pancake was more like a scoop of baked potato than a potato pancake. I had the seafood appetizer for my entree and it was delicious, but not sure it was worth the $36 price tag. My husband had the lamb and risotto, and it was excellent, perfect. Also a bit pricy. For dessert we had the apple pastry. The diced apples flash cooked different than I expected. The almond flavored ice cream tasted like vanilla with no hints of almond.Special Features:
- skip dessertFoxhallDined on 7/3/2014This has been my favorite restaurant since it first opened, however, in my last two trips, the dessert was especially disappointing. Two of my companions ordered the apple tart. They both said the pastry was dry and tasteless, and the apples were raw and bitter. The only thing good was the ice cream. I ordered the raspberry crepes. There was an artless smear of raspberry goo on top of which was a Stonehenge village of inch high rolled up pieces of crepe partially filled with cream. The crepes were dry and there wasn't enough raspberry sauce to moisten them. On my previous visit, I had the Lemon Posset. The pudding was watery and the addition of the popcorn was ridiculous - it tasted stale and did not add anything to the dish. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMechEFoodEDined on 6/27/2014My wife had an excellent filet, but I'm pretty sure I got the better dish. I enjoyed the "earth and sky" which was 2 lamb chops over duck confit risotto... Amazing! The only thing keeping from a 5 star was both dishes came with the "daily vegetable" of Brussels sprouts, which were undercooked. Otherwise great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ChristinefromPinehurstDined on 6/13/2014Loved it all, from our friendly server to the light-up menus (so cool!) to the excellent food!Special Features:
- Not worth itFoodloverDined on 5/24/2014Found the food to be well over priced for the atmosphere and service. While there was no particular thing wrong, it felt as if if the bill and the experience did not match
- Enjoyed the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2014we were celebrating with girlfriends and had a great time. the waiter was wonderful as was the food and wine - we would go back. been there before and sat outside - only drawback is the sun sets on that side and it can be quite warm. Great bar area too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayLaughOutLoudNCDined on 5/11/2014Have frequented this establishment several times and have always enjoyed my meal. On Mother's day it was buffet style and I must say it was a disappointment from their menu choices.Special Features:
- Excellent ChefSusieTDined on 5/10/2014Excellent Chef Josh - loved the food and surroundings. Wine list could be extended for offering wine by the glass instead of having to buy a bottle to have more choice. We'll be back again!Special Features:
- Not what it used to beRandDined on 5/10/2014We decided to have Mother's Day dinner at Chef Palette only because we could not get a reservation at Sitti. What a misstake. Calamari was fishy and when we sent it back the owner came over and informed us that she had tasted it and it was pretty good but that she was removing it from our bill. This was mistake #1. Risotto was sour tasting. Lamb over cooked. The salad that came with your meal wouldn't satisfy a child. Way over priced for both quality and quantity of food. Have spoken to a few friends who live near by and they said they also don't get what the hype is about this restaurant and that the quality is poor.
- Not a balanced platePaulMDined on 5/3/2014I ordered the house special, the duck confit. The duck was excellent. The plate was lacking. It was unbalanced. Miniscule vegetables and not a single carb were on the plate. The net result was I paid $35 for an excellent duck with a poorly executed presentation. The service provided by the wait staff was outstanding. They would do well in Vienna or Prague.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Our waiter, Daniel---way to energetic-loud. Needs some refinement. With more experience , should be good.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FindpwarDined on 4/23/2014Tucked away in a strip mall on the far side of town, we never saw this restaurant. But after a friend recommended it and we gave it a try we knew we'd be back frequently. The food is excellent and the chef Josh is very accommodating. We had a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Dining and Dancing After!MegWDined on 4/19/2014Our big city nieces were visiting for the weekend so we took them to Chef's Palette for Saturday night dinner. Wonderful it was with an imaginative menu that was skillfully prepared and provided superb service. Our nieces deemed it worthy being located in their large, sophisticated hometown. Then we headed into the bar where the band was rocking. Dancing and more fun followed. I was proud that I could show them that smaller cities can be fun and sophisticated too!Special Features:
- Great food! Expensive/Small EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014The food was fantastic! Tried the calamari, it was good. The tuna appetizer was incredible as was my rack of lamb and duck confit risotto. The problem was....the tuna appetizer was 1/3 the price of the lamb dish ($36) and it was LARGER! Would probably go back, but would do more of an appetizer/wine/dessert meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoxhallDined on 4/18/2014The quality of food isn't quite what it used to be. It's still good, but no longer outstanding.Special Features:
- Food far outweighs the themeEricDined on 4/4/2014The Chef's Palette stretches its art theme a little too much, titling all the meals with an art-related name, some of which are way too much of a stretch. The backlit menus were pretty cool. Sadly for them but great for us, Friday at 7pm was nowhere near crowded. The food was fantastic. My lamb was perfectly cooked and the duck confit risotto was luscious. The bison was a little chewybut flavorful and the chimicurri was bright and tasty. The cocktails were interesting enough and well-mixed though probably a little steep. I had the truffles for dessert and while the bourbon-caramel flavor advertised was subtle, if there, the truffles themselves were huge - be sure to share. Attentive waitstaff. A great neighborhood find.Special Features:
- The Perfect PlaceMikeDined on 4/4/2014The occasion was special. The food was exquisite. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was just right. And the staff was very accommodating for our 7 month old grandson. It made the perfect evening for my wife's birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LindsayMVIPDined on 4/3/2014Chef's Palette as always, was fantastic! This is our GO TO place when we are in need of some great food, service, and close to home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They read our note from OpenDickDined on 3/22/2014They read our note from Open Table, and were ready for us and excited to see us. They were extremely attentive including a visit from the owner and another visit from the Chef. Food was exceptionally prepared and plated........group of six that was handled as comfortably as if we had been only one. Our group is seeking new locations on a monthly basis and this is a find. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeSewsweetDined on 3/22/2014We were here with a group Saturday night and were shocked at how few people there were at the height of dinner hour! Are they not advertising enough?? We would hate to see this place close due to lack of patronage. Please experience The Chef's Palette! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My special of the eveningDinerVIPDined on 3/22/2014My special of the evening The" filet" was a bit of a tough cut. I have eaten here multiple times and was disappointed at the cut of meat. I did find the Desert menu a bit limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.