Chefs di Domani
2727 W. Memorial Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73134Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Chefs di Domani
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.plattcolleges.edu/restaurants/index.php
- Phone: (405) 749-6798
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Thursday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Located off the main dining area is a private banquet room that will hold up to 20 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Robin Magturo 4057492433
A word from Chefs di Domani
Our full-service, student operated restaurant offers international cuisine with a modern American influence and a diversified international wine and imported beers menu selected by our certified in-house sommelier. We would love to share with you a laid back, relaxing lunch or a more formal evening meal in our elegant dining room. Here our student culinarians, working directly under the supervision of our professional chefs and dining room managers, will provide you with an excellent meal and superior service. You will actually have an opportunity to be part of the education process here at the Culinary Institute of Platt College as you will be grading the students on their performance and level of skills presented. What better way to spend your Thursdays and Fridays than, to not only enjoy some great cuisine, but to also help shape tomorrow’s chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chefs di Domani reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- quiet but amazing foodPrimadinerDined on 10/17/2014it is at a culinary school but needs to be advertised more! had a great dinner with my husband not very busy and the food was wonderful. he had a 14 oz steak and i had chicken both very flavorful. Only downside was they couldnt serve us wine as they didnt have their liquor license at the time and didnt have any other drink options except for water. Dessert was yummy too! i know where we will go when we want high class food but privacy and not too expensive! we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Chefs di Domani reviews archive.
- Fine dining at reasonnable pricesMathCowboyDined on 7/24/2014My date and I went here to celebrate a special occasion in our relationship. We were delighted from the start. We were greeted warmly, and our reservation was recognized. My date needed to know about the gluten free options, and the server shared those with us promptly. To start, I ate one of the Italian herb rolls that was brought to the table. It was bursting with flavor from thyme, oregano, and basil. My date enjoyed her bruschetta salad. I got the duck breast that was on special. It came with a citrus bourbon sauce that complemented the duck well. There were also some julienned vegetables that were arranged attractively beside a bed of tri-color Israeli cous cous. My date enjoyed her mediterranean chicken.Special Features:
- negative experiencewinnerVIPDined on 7/9/2014Our experience was less than stellar. The service was slow, the wait staff appeared unkept and generally the restaurant appeared unprepared for dining guests. THe food was good but overall We were not impressed. We more than likely not return to Chefs Di Domani
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The food and servers were great! The portion size is awesome for the price! Chef Thiery is an excellent chef and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Mediocre is being niceRoadWarriorDined on 6/18/2014Had dinner at Chefs di Domani last week. I had heard great things from friends and was excited to try it. I was first struck by the decor. The dining room, which looks elegant on their website, looked more like the dining room at the Airport Holiday Inn. I ordered the Caprese salad, medium rare Filet Mignon, and a glass of wine. The Carprese salad wasn't very good. The mozzarella cheese was mushy and tasteless as though it had been frozen. The same could be said for my steak. It was cooked medium and had virtually no seasoning at all. Also, it had a mealy texture which I associate with frozen meat. Finally, my glass of wine was served warm -- not room temperature, but actually warm. All in all, a very disappointing experience.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We had reservations for our anniversary at anther restaurant and we're told the day of it was not recommended. We decided to try Chefs Di Domani, for something different. My husband and I are so glad we tried it. The meal was excellent! My husband said at least three times during dinner " I am so glad we came here for dinner". It was quite, we could carry on a conversation and we had a bottle of champagne, it was exactly what we were looking for for our anniversary. The food was amazing... I feel the price was excellent. I had the special, filet minion stuffed with shrimp with bernaise sauce and my husband had the shrimp scampi special. We hand a wonderful appetizer and dessert all for $100.00 with a tip. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGammaw40Dined on 3/14/2014Our party of four had a great experience! Each ordered a different entree and all were wonderful. The chefs special onion dinner rolls were exceptional with the 2 types of butter offered. The atmosphere was conducive to carrying on conversation. Friendly and attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, slow serviceJamesDined on 2/14/2014We had the Valentines four course special with the wine pairing. The food was excellent and presented nicely. But service was slow and we felt overlooked. In fact our soup course never arrived. After two hours we got our deserts to go. Fortunately I had good company so do not consider it a bad experience. The staff was very nice and I realize they are learning. The German Chateau Ste Michelle wine was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013Very good service. Excellent food. Not busy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Noodle Soup WITH some soul4starzDined on 11/1/2013A recent trip to a local neighborhood gem revealed simple doesn't have to be boring. The chicken noodle soup was vibrant without being overly seasoned. The flavors were balanced as well as the aesthetics. Well done. Thanks for bringing it home on a great dish familiar dish! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with ChefsFoodieDined on 9/19/2013Went with some girlfriends to Chef di Domani. What a hidden gem. The food was wonderful and the wait staff very friendly. The desserts were fantastic. The Italian creamcake was the best I've ever had!!!. I will be back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013The food was excellent and the staff (made up of students and chefs) was very attentive, yet unobtrusive. We both had the filet with asparagus and mashed potatoes. It was all amazing food but the mashed potatoes and asparagus were possibly the best I've ever had. They are definitely training their soon to be chefs on how to wow the customer. Thank you for an exceptional evening! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okay.WendyDined on 5/17/2013The ambiance immediately threw us off. We thought we were going to experience fine dining, but the room and tables were not suitable for that -- more like for a family steakhouse. The lights were very bright -- we were hoping to enjoy fine food in an intimate setting. The server was polite but a little too attentive. She checked on us every few minutes, which becomes intrusive on what was meant to be an intimate evening. I had the coriander crusted pork chops which were cooked a perfect medium, but the coriander was overpowering -- I couldn't enjoy any of the more delicate flavors of the side dishes. Overall everything was fine. We had just hoped for a nicer experience in a nicer environment.Special Features:
- Lovely experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2013This was our second visit. We would come every week if we didn't live 3 hours away! From the moment you walk in you feel welcome. We were so fortunate that Apprentice Chef Iris spotted us, remembered us from before and took care of us like we were her family. The Mediterranian Chicken on a bed of mashed potatoes was fabulous. My husband's steak was cooked to perfection. The chef made a point to stop by our table several times to check on our food and to chat. Overall this is one of my favorite restaurants not just because of the food but because I get such a kick out of watching these blossoming chefs going about their business.Special Features:
- We arrived fifteen minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013We arrived fifteen minutes early for our reservation and were greeted by a very friendly host. We had looked over the menu that was posted on line and had decided on what the meal would be, we wanted the Bourbon Infused Duck, our server told us the menu on line was out of date and that was not available. The Chef did accommodate our taste for duck with a wonderful meal of duck with a red wine sauce. The Fried Bread Pudding for dessert was exceptional, unlike some this was not over powered by the raisins. The restaurant was very quiet and relaxed, which gave us a chance to have a conversation without the entire restaurant hearing. We would highly recommend this restaurant for a quiet special evening out.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The food was excellent, and our server did a great job. My only complaint was that the table was not cleared in a timely manner when we were done eating.Special Features:
- Fun and Different! Recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013My wife and I dined at Chefs di Domani on a Friday evening in February. The restaurant was nearly empty and even though it was inside Platt college it was a warm and inviting atmosphere. Our waitress, a culinary student, was very nice but obviously uncomfortable with waiting tables. She was very pleasant, helpful, and attentive. Not five star service but we enjoyed the experience and felt like we were "helping out" the students even though we probably were not. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. If you are willing to take yourself a little less seriously, I would highly recommend. Overall, a great evening and we plan to go back soon.Special Features:
- We went there the day afterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2013We went there the day after Valentine's day. The restaurant was almost empty, so we almost left but after checking the menu we decided to stay. The food Was excellent and the wine was very good as well. We had a blue crab cake appetizer, Tomato bisque soup, greek salad, mediterranean chicken, very large ribeye steak, and a chocolate torte for dessert. Everything was delicious!
- We love helping out the studentsmikeokc24Dined on 2/14/2013We love helping out the students here. My steak was better than Twelve Oaks a couple of weeks ago.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The noise level had to do with the fact there was a party of 30 next to us. They do their best to accommodate your every need. The servers are not necessarily waiters. It is part of their rotation for the school. We have been several times and the food is always fantastic!Special Features:
- We really enjoy the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012We really enjoy the food, service, everything is wonderful!!!Special Features:
- We went to Chefs di DomaniOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012We went to Chefs di Domani knowing that it was associated with a culinary school. We were prepared for things to be imperfect. The food was better than we expected though the portions were kind of small. The food is what you would get at a fine dining establishment, but the prices are more in the $12-17 dollar range. My only criticism would be associated with the service. The wait staff seemed very inexperienced and nervous. Though the menu is pretty small, our waiter could not tell us much about the offerings. We wrote this off as us having a new student serve us, so it was fine. I will recommend Chefs to my friends and family but will warn them of the potential need to be patient/tolerant.Special Features:
- It was our first time to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012It was our first time to dine at the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. We very much enjoyed speaking with each of the wait staff we came in contact with and hearing about their studies as well as the tour of the facility after we ate. We wish them all well and thank them for taking the time to indulge us. All seemed quite happy in their choice of career.Special Features:
- Thought it would be more inter-actinotinahurryladiesDined on 10/5/2012Thought it would be more inter-active with the wait staff and chef. Thought that is one of the selling points to the restaurant. Waiter and others were attentive without being obtrusive. They acknowledged the occassion that I alerted them to when I made the reservation. Great place for small groups to be able to enjoy a quiet evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food! A very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Excellent food! A very enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:
- A real gem of a place. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2012A real gem of a place. Not many people know about it and when I tell them and they go they really like it and want to go back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012I can't write enough positives about our visit. We took advantage of the whole experience. The hostess was very nice. The server was very knowledgeable. The food was absolutely amazing. So much flavor! The prices were very reasonable. Everything was the perfect portion. I will definitely want to come back every time they change the menu. If you go this summer, I highly recommend the duck for your entree. :)Special Features:
- 91st birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012My mother chose to eat here, for her 91st birthday celebration(our first time at this restaurant). The food was excellent, and the presentation was great, but the waiter seemed to have been grabbed off the street, as a last minute fill in. There was no host at the entrance to greet us, not similar to any restaurant I have ever eaten in. I would return for the food, but I would certainly hope that a culinary school could provide better waiters.
- We had a wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2012We had a wonderful evening. The food was excellant, the service was outstanding and the wine was perfect.Special Features:
- LESSON LEARNED - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012You should not take guests if you aren't serving the full menu. Change out or no change out, we expected to be able to order what was on the menu. This was the worst experience we could have had and I am embarrassed that we invited two other couples to join us. One cancelled and didn't even join us because you didn't have the salmon as an option. I will never dine with you again. What a huge disappointment. If you are TEACHING students and they think it is acceptable to treat customers the way we were treated, they will never find success, especially with social media and the ability for people to post poor reviews and distribute it to thousands of people in seconds.
- I recently had the chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012I recently had the chance to experience this and was not disappointed. The staff and chefs are all students. It is nice to be able to experience up and coming chefs. The food was very very good!! I highly recommend going!!Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2012This was our first visit since the old Chef left. The menu selection has been reduced considerable. The student server was not familiar with the menu and had to go ask someone else for answers to our question. This is the only time we have been their when we were the only people in the resturant.
- I am always delighted by theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/20/2012I am always delighted by the quality and taste of the food. The servers are chefs in training and are learning the trade of waitressing but are always very friendly and willing to assist you in any way (but can tell they are training). Nice wine list. Appetizers are are a very good size! We just took friends and they really enjoyed the experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011This was our first time to try it --they made us feel very special!Special Features:
- Overall a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2011Overall a great experience. The artichoke soup was very tasty but was only warm in temperature. The tomato bisque was excellent and piping hot. The tenderloin appetizer was very tasty, but to chewey. The Duck was was prepared. The Panini was good. However the person who ordered the ham panini could only tolerate a couple bites as the brie was to strong and an unexpectedly firm and spongy texture. We all four agreed that we MUST return.Special Features:
- The food is amazing!! BothOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2011The food is amazing!! Both presentation and taste rival an upscale restaurant that costs twice as much. The waitstaff are obviously students, and not yet smooth at their work, but this is more than made up for with their sweet, helpful and endearing attitudes!!Special Features:
- I brought a group in and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2011I brought a group in and everyone ordered something different. All received good comments. It was quiet enough to carry on conversations. The wait staff was very attentive and prompt with drink refills and more of that delicious bread. All the portions were well sized. It was an overall excellent experience.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011We very much enjoyed our dining experience. In fact, I'm getting ready to reserve another dinner!Special Features:
- My husband, son and I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011My husband, son and I enjoyed the quiet friendly atmosphere. I particularly liked the absence of irritating canned background music. The food was excellent and beautifully presented on the plate. The student staff was eager and attentive. It was a bit too warm in the dining room and a cooler temperature setting would have been appreciated although we didn't mention it at the time.Special Features:
- Outstanding food. Got theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2011Outstanding food. Got the fixed 5 course menu and loved every dish! Great presentation of the food.Special Features: