Chefs Club Aspen - St. Regis Aspen
315 East Dean Street
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chefs Club Aspen - St. Regis Aspen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chefsclubaspen.com/
- Phone: 9704299581x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday: 5:30pm- 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:30- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Didier Elena
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chefs Club Aspen - St. Regis Aspen
The St. Regis Aspen Resort has partnered with FOOD & WINE Magazine to debut Chefs Club, an innovative new restaurant concept that will bring the FOOD & WINE pages to life through their signature Best New Chefs Awards, which honors the country’s most promising up-and-coming chefs. Chefs Club will select a group of FOOD & WINE's Best New Chefs to curate a unique menu of seasonally-inspired, American Regional cuisine for The St. Regis Aspen Resort. George Mendes (2011) of Aldea, New York, NY, James Lewis (2011) of Bettola, Birmingham, Alabama, Alex Seidel (2010) of Fruition, Denver, Colorado and Sue Zemanick (2008) of Gautreau's, New Orleans, Louisiana, were chosen to inaugurate the menu for the summer of 2012. Our current lineup consists of Bryant Ng from the Spice Table in Los Angeles, Viet Pham from Forage in Salt Lake City, Missy Robbins from New York City, and Jason Franey from Canlis in Seattle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Chefs Club Aspen - St. Regis Aspen - Best Restaurants in Aspen ›
Chefs Club Aspen - St. Regis Aspen reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)special occasion (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- The best food I've hadMaryDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was excellent and probably served the best food I've ever had. Love the concept. Will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- As advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We had a party of six and found the otherwise somewhat limited menu satisfied everyone. The food quality was superb - as we would expect at such a venue. I've seen negative comments about the service, but our experience was excellent, with service both prompt and courteous despite a few dumb questions on our part. Servings were surprisingly generous for a "foodie" type of place. Yes, it is pricey, but not out of line for Aspen at all, especially considering the quality and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKlopezDined on 7/9/2014It was so good we went twice during our week long stay in Aspen. This is a can't miss meal for foodies in Aspen as the menu was very interesting and the food was executed perfectly. Highlights include the crude, lamb agnolotti, Halibut, and spring vegetable salad with an amazing egg that can only be described as a work of art. Service was fabulous and the somm was very knowledgeable - great wine list. A must when you are in the area if you appreciate good food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Experience OverallDallasfoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014The empty room should have been our first clue. The concept of featuring dishes from chefs around the country is an interesting one, but the chefs at the restaurant must be able to re-create those items. The food was uninspired. My lamb loin was a rectangular slab, devoid of flavor. The herbed pancake thin and greasy, with a sliver of radish other unidentifiable vegetables. Our first choice of side dish was unavailable at an early seating and our selection of fresh peas with morels did not contain any morels. Skilled Aspen servers must have abandoned the restaurant as the waitstaff was young and not attentive. The manager, who roamed the room, did not visit the the few tables with customers. He just observed his kingdom.
- best restauarant we found in AspenBusybackVIPDined on 6/29/2014From the drinks to the food, service and ambience this is the place to dine. Sit indoors or out, your preference, the experience is 5 star.Special Features:
- Foodies come and enjoy!BusybackVIPDined on 6/25/2014We were expecting an overpriced hotel dining experience. We were wrong. The food was outstanding, the service excellent, the ambience casual but perfect. We like it so much we cancelled another reservation to return. Eat outside if weather permits. Noise level depends on whether you are inside or out.Special Features:
- Better than expected...ram3057Dined on 6/19/2014We visited the Chef's Club for dinner during our weekend at the Food & Wine Classic. After reading so many varied reviews about this restaurant, we really didn't know what to expect. The menu was new and was just introduced that day. Although this can usually be a challenge for the waitstaff, they seemed to be able to handle the task well. We ordered the whole fried Branzini with shrimp, Spring peas with morrells and a 'fruit sundae' dessert that was very good. Re: the waitstaff. Of the two women whom we came into contact with, the one from Thailand connected with us immediately. The other took some time to engage us. But, once she started to open up, she was very friendly. Overall, a positive experience for us.Special Features:
- Great food!!!Dnr4twoDined on 6/19/2014The food and service were very good at chefs club. The food was the highlight of the evening. Would like to see more price friendly wine selection or more flexible wine pairing. The service was good as well. Would recommend this place to fellow foodies, certainly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/19/2014Waiter and chef seemed more interested in the two blondes sitting near us to pay much attention to our needs and requests. Service was inordinately slow with not a word said by staff as the chef came out to visit the blondes 2 or 3 times and the waiter was all over them. I think one of them was the artist whose work was hanging in the restaurant. Sadly, a disappointing experience for us and our guests.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Chefs Club Aspen - St. Regis Aspen reviews archive.
- an aspen gemchinacatVIPDined on 4/19/2014although fairly empty as it was end of the ski season, this permitted us to enjoy the utmost attention from the wait staff, chef, and sommelier. the food was delicious and prepared perfectly. the venison was a winner! the side dishes, wine selections, and ambience were outstanding as well.Special Features:
- You don't need to be a Chef...KCMcSheaVIPDined on 3/30/2014You don't need to be a Chef to enjoy Chef's club. After dining here several times now, I am left with an extremely positive impression of Chef's Club. The service has always been impeccable, the food never ceases to amaze me, and the cocktail choices make me giddy. The wine list is also quite extensive. I love that Chefs Club features dishes from Food and Wine's best chefs, and I am also impressed with the open view to the kitchen. The atmosphere reminds me of a contemporary version of a French bistro - warm, intimate, yet playful. Congratulations to Food and Wine for the superb execution of this delightful concept. This will be my first stop every time I return to Aspen!Special Features:
- beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/15/2014Lovely open layout, very good food, nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great looking place, veryproxy84Dined on 3/14/2014great looking place, very nice service, however dissapponted with the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal and ServiceXliiDined on 3/13/2014I brought my parents and a picky NY couple here and all were very impressed. Highlights included the Tempura cauliflower, Octopus, & the Beet Salad. For dinner Dad & I shared a perfectly cooked rack of Lamb. Everyone loved their entrees, Scallops, NY Steak, & Striped Bass. Be sure to save room for the Warm Valhrona Chocolate Mollieux.Special Features:
- True Five StarHauteCuisineVIPDined on 3/11/2014The Chef's Club in Aspen provides a true 5 Star dining experience for the guest. The food, ambiance and service was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be a lot betterBennettVIPDined on 3/9/2014I DON'T LIKE ANY OF YOUR CATEGORIES; THEY'RE CHILDISH. Chef's Club started out as a venue for visiting chefs made famous in their own restaurants. It was sensational then. Now it's a combination of dishes devised by visiting chefs, who then leave, and dishes created by the in-house chef. It is mostly only okay. Nothing outstanding. The room is lovely, the service excellent, the food only in the middle when it should be the top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great concept for a restaurantSkiersfromDelawareDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant was a great find! Parking can be a problem sometimes in Aspen, so the free valet parking was great. Once we entered the restaurant, we forgot we were in a hotel. The service and food were excellent. The wine selection was great. Our waitress answered numerous questions and was very friendly. There was not a pretentious attitude by anyone even though the restaurant was located in a luxury resort hotel.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2014John our server made the meal fun and was very engaging while navigating us through the menu. The feel was very warm and luxurious without being pretentious, which is hard in Aspen. The drinks were fantastic- I think that their mixologist is a huge secret to the restaurant and Aspen in general but some of the best craft cocktails I have had. I would say better than most of Ginza's best in Tokyo. The wine list was the right mix of small producers and big name varieties and the food was simply awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guest Chef in the kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014Tasting menu with very affordable wine pairing was outstandingSpecial Features:
- OutstandingwashdcerVIPDined on 2/18/2014This place is a true experience. We both took our waiter's recommendations and we were not disappointed. The vibe is cool, the decor is nice, and the wait staff waits on you hand and foot. The manager came by several times with complimentary wine. I just can't imagine a better evening and I was so glad we tried this place out. It's located in the St. Regis--all the more reason to check it out!Special Features:
- One of the best in Aspen.gkarcherVIPDined on 2/17/2014Fantastic food in a fun, contemporary setting. Menu changes often, but we loved the lamb porterhouse and the venison "saddle",(loin)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DelightloloDined on 2/14/2014We loved every thing about our experience here - from food to wine to staff. The champagne pairing with Bryant Ng's delightful and unusual menu was absolutely delicious. We can't wait to go back and experience another chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!nsbluv2skiDined on 1/24/2014I recently went to the Chef's Club for my birthday while in Aspen. I'm a bit of a foodie, and have dined all over the country, but this little gem may have been my finest dining experience ever! It did not hurt that guest chef Jason Franey was in the house and we had his special tasting menu with the wine pairing. Everything about our experience was perfect, the cocktails, the food, the wine, and the service. It was outstanding! I felt compelled to get up and hug Chef Franey when he stopped by our table. They are supposed to open another Chef's Club in NY this Spring and I look forward to going there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu was very heavy onSfpdoddVIPDined on 1/2/2014The menu was very heavy on seafood items and food was over-salted. The wine list was very limited and pretentiously overpriced for the scope of the restaurant. I have always liked Todd Schlosssberg's food, but maybe they were having an"off" night?? Compared to other Aspen meals, we found this evening to be a disappointment.
- The bartender was amazingFoodiesaDined on 1/2/2014The bartender was amazing and our server Callie was the best! We didn't absolutely love two things ,but over all it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just alrightConstanthouseguestsDined on 12/30/2013We saved this restaurant for our last night in Aspen since we had heard/read such great things. I would say it was at best ok. We spent the same amount of money and had a MUCH higher quality meal/ service at Element 47 at the Little Nell. The food was just ok, nothing fabulous or unique. The service was not good. 5 entrees were served at once ( the sixth came later). Ladies drink orders were overlooked as the server went into a presentation of the food. When the food was delivered it was all misplaced ; we had to tell the servers what we had ordered. Most of the entrees were ok, the pork chop was dry and mediocre. All in all it was fine, just didn't live up to the hype at all- not what we expected in a St. Regis.
- Watch the ChefSmallPlateLoverDined on 12/29/2013This restaurant is fun because you get to see into the kitchen. It's nice for people who enjoy watching their food being prepared. The appetizers were amazing. Our entrees were pretty good. Some of them were better than others. I would still recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy creative menu. It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013Yummy creative menu. It's hard to choose from all the items. Beautiful presentation. I loved the olive rolls.Special Features:
- We sat at the Chef's tableNansea711Dined on 12/26/2013We sat at the Chef's table which is a bar type seating that let's you watch the kitchen ballet in action. I like to cook so I found this enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was an 'unamerican' experienceKarinDined on 12/24/2013This was an 'unamerican' experience. Well tasting, no huge portions, good wine, and a good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christmas eve dinnerDarcyDined on 12/24/2013Underwhelming and overpriced. Would nevee go back or reccommend. They also post overcharged my card for another 20% gratuity
- Should be betterSerendipityVIPDined on 12/21/2013I like the concept of Chefs Club. But we were disappointed. The food was not as good as it should be given the prices. I had the black truffle halibut. The accompanying sauce doesn't add to the dish. Apparently it is zucchini and basil, but lacked flavor. The waitress "offered" extra shaved truffles but certainly didn't make it clear that it would be $40 extra. We were surprised when the bill came. She had mentioned that certain items marked included truffles, but other items could have truffles added. I thought the extra charge listed on the menu applied to the other items. The waitstaff needs to make this more clear, politely. They gave us a bag of cookies for Xmas, but she practically threw them on the table as an afterthought.Special Features:
- Dinner as an ExperienceSaryDined on 12/9/2013Attentive service and interesting menu. Food is overly done. If you are interested in food and wine, and particularly in following new chefs, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a simple dinner with friends, then look for another location. This is a "dining experience" and it takes time and $$$$. We ate there for our anniversary. We were the only ones in the gigantic dining room so we were very well attended to, even down to a complimentary (and delicious) dessert.Special Features:
- DisappointmentDineOutFrequentlyDined on 11/30/2013Setting absolutely wonderful; service was very good, but this place is to be about the food. You would think with a place called Chef Club and it being associated with Food & Wine it would be fantastic. Appetizer by Bryant Ng was nice, light and perfect for sharing with 4. Two of us had the Poached Halibut, by Jason Franey and they both loved it. My brother-in-law and I each ordered the Colorado Lamb Porterhouse, Calabrian Chili, Eggplant Purée & Coriander by Missy Robbins, which for my brother-in-law was uneatable and for me, the first bite was attune to placing a teaspoon of Morton's Salt on your tongue, this was a complete distraction from the wonderful flavor of the Lamb. Apple Crisp and Chocolate Soufflé, should not be served.
- Great Birthday Dinner!NicoleDined on 11/23/2013We loved our experience at Chefs Club. We dined at the Chefs table and enjoyed watching the food prep, they were all so friendly to my 8 year old and of course, to us. Unfortunately, we had a late lunch that day, so we just wanted a light dinner as we were staying at the St Regis and the dining room was so beautiful, we had to go there. We shared the NY Strip-it was PERFECT, seasoned amazingly and melted like butter in our mouths. The bread and cheese puffs they served- equally amazing. The staff were very attentive and friendly...We split the chocolate/caramel soufle for my bday and it was EXCELLENT. Great atmosphere as well..I will definitely go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, atmosphereJBeanDined on 10/5/2013By far one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. I have been to many fine dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and internationally and Chef's Club ranks among the best. The service was impeccable and the General Manager, Cory, was attentive, accomodating, and offered wonderful recommendations and service. The mixologist was fantastic. My fiance and I had a wonderful experience here while in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was outstanding and unique,BlancaDined on 10/5/2013food was outstanding and unique, service professional, amazing desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSJKRVIPDined on 10/4/2013The service was impeccable and the food and wine was perfect. Really had a fun time and our whole (Large) party was completely satisfied!Special Features:
- Second time dining here andchefsclubfanDined on 9/28/2013Second time dining here and loved it both times. Great food, great service, great wine list. 2 in our party had the tasting menu and were very impressed. Pappardelle with Oxtail Ragu was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous space, good food, but...AspenFoodieDined on 8/21/2013Overall, a great dining experience with an inventive menu, but at times the food is a bit over-engineered. That being said try the short ribs - they are a 10 of 10 stars. Drinks are great, try the Spa Day or any of the other hand crafted drinks. Drinks could be a bit bigger would be one note to management. The staff drifts at times and needs a tighter stage direction, which could come from better management. This review is a bit techincal in nature, so dont let it spook you. This is a fine restaurant - that is good and can be great. It could be exceptional is my point. But give it a try, you will like it. In a town crowded with great dining options, Chef's Club does cut the grade and is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.