Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant
17850 W Dixie Hwy
North Miami Beach, FL 33160Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tunasseafoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (305) 932-0630
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner; Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am;
Mondays-Outside Patio Bar open 4:00pm - 2:00am
Inside Restaurant Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Rolf Fellhauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday"s from 7 pm till 11 pm on the Patio Bar
A word from Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant
Executive Chef Rolf Fellhauer - brings his Swiss Continental flair to the menu, which boasts mouth-watering daily features such as Oysters Moscow, Mussels Chardonnay and Grouper Brittany. As always, the emphasis remains on fresh fish from local waters. Don"t miss the completely renovated dining room and the chic new Yellowfin Lounge. In addition, the restaurant introduces tableside service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in North Miami ›
Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Very good seafoodMichaelottawaDined on 11/19/2014We went there for dinner in November 2014. It is a little difficult to find but worth it. My wife had two appetizers: the lobster bisque and the seared tuna. Both were excellent. I had the lobster crab cakes and the chef recommended snapper. Again both excellent. With a bottle of wine, a tab of $100 before tip was quite reasonable. It was a little noisy because of other guests who kept receiving phone calls, talk loudly on their cell phone and even put the speakers on for everyone to hear their conversation. So the atmosphere was so so Service was friendly and efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!EatingOutVIPDined on 11/18/2014This was our third visit and we are still "wowed" by the delicious food and wonderful service. And yes, we were lucky enough to have the ever-friendly, smiling and very knowledgeable Amy serve us once again. Our appetizers, baked clams (a must have) and the fried calamari (done to perfection) were delicious. For our entrees we both enjoyed the fresh snapper with the "Marianne" perparation - wonderful! Chef Rolf"s Tuna continues to be a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hideaway TreasureEatingOutVIPDined on 10/23/2014Hidden off West Dixie Highway, look for the sign, is a wonderful restaurant with great food at reasonable prices. We wanted fish, and we got the best. Start with the hot Seafood platter for 2. Really tasty! I asked for an off menu Red Snapper, and got it with a delicious preparation of capers, and artichoke hearts in a buerre blanc sauce. Delicious. My dining partner got the fried Shrimp, also fantastic. As if that weren't enough, our server, Amy, made the whole experience so much better. She was fun, knowledgeable and very efficient. For you carnivores, the menu also includes steaks, and, I'm told, a spectacular weiner schnitzel prepared by the Swiss born owner/chef. Trust me, that will be next. A truly wonderful dining treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KCMOVIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent meal! Excellent service! I will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami Spice Deal!jacheartsDined on 9/19/2014Service excellent! Food excellent! Good wine list. It's a funny sort of place, in that the inside lounge has a very homey, Cheers-bar feel to it and yet there's this dichotomy of a fine-dining restaurant. Never made to the outside bar which had live entertainment; but it sure sounded and looked good, and I was impressed by the fact that the show went on despite intermittent showers!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedMellowFellowDined on 9/19/2014Color me pleasantly surprised. My wife wanted Seafood and found this place on the MIAMI SPICE list so we gave it a try. I was not expecting too much but I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CamilomejaDined on 9/14/2014First time at restaurant. But it will not be the last.Food and service very good. Highly recomendedSpecial Features:
- Diamond in Roughpickyeater333Dined on 9/12/2014I was skeptical about the location, but it turned out all the noise from the outside was from a music school next door and that parking was in the back. I forgot about this as soon as I stepped in. The restaurant itself is in a separate building and it is nautically themed. The staff were all professional and accommodating. The signature champagne drink was fantastic, as was the lobster tail and the duckling a la orange. Would definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good placeRobCDined on 9/6/2014We went here for the start of my girlfriends birthday celebration, although we kept that quiet. The food was very good & the wine was very good. I had a lobster bisque appetizer and a delicious seafood fruit de mare over linguini. I was a little disappointed because it was called cioppino on the menu. So I got something that I really wasn't expecting although it was delicious. My girlfriend had a delicious escargot appetizer and the same entrée. The restaurant was very busy and very loud so it appears to be a very popular place. We arrived at 8:10 for our 830 reservation. We were greeted and seated promptly. The service was excellent & overall it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/30/2014We found this restaurant through Miami Spice. It is in an odd location and we never would have known about it otherwise. Food was quite good and service was extremely pleasant. We shall definitely be returning!Special Features:
- DaveDined on 8/28/2014Tried during Miami Spice months. We were glad we did. Restaurant had excellent choices to sample their appetizers, entrees and desserts. Fish dishes we sampled were cooked to perfection which seems not to be achievable frequently. Definitely a place we will return to. This is another example of how special events like Miami Spice brings people out to try restaurants they might not go to without the special pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014We found the place and will go back. The Service was excellent, very customer focused. The food was great and served hot. The entire experience was one of the best we have seen recently.Special Features:
- One of best Miami Spice menusSteveVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent choices from the Miami Spice menu, with outstanding, friendly service. A superb value overall.Special Features:
- First and last time!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/23/2014Not a good experience at Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant located in North Miami Beach, cleanliness, food quality and service were poor.
- If you loved the former La PalomaDiappointedDined on 8/16/2014The chef from the former La Paloma is the star of the show here. Same formula, same menu. This restaurant is hidden in the back of a neighborhood mini office complex. It is a small restaurant with a bar. Their specialty is seafood. Great Lobster Bisque with chunks of lobster. NY Strip with green peppercorn sauce was very tasty, the Long Island duckling was dry. Desserts are lackluster.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kashyDined on 8/10/2014.Servers were excellent,,very efficient. Food was also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Dine for Miami Spice event. Good food, great service. Restaurant needs remodeling to make it look more welcoming. Very noisy
- Girls Nite Out DinnerDadangsDined on 8/9/2014We are all from Broward county but we drove to this restaurant as part of the Miami Spice experience. We all had a wonderful dinner night. The manager, waitress and assistant gave superb service. The food were all excellent from appetizers to entrees to desert.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014found out about this place from Miami Spice, so we had a limited menu at a great price, but it still had several options - all that were very good! I had lamb and my husband had the whole fish, we split the tuna nachos that were a little spicy but again very good. Our waiter was perfect, thoughtful and around just enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- I loved itMiamiFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I went here for my birthday dinner. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by a great host and our super nice waitress. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine you can count onVagabondDined on 7/17/2014When in town we are always pleased with our meals here ! The quality is excellent, service is timely, and the food is always served piping hot. They have the best French onion soup around. The final nice touch is a personal visit to our table by the chef.... He knows he has prepared a meal he is proud of !Special Features:
- neighbor hood gemLuvJayVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food is delish!!! Very quiet neighborhood. The key lime martini is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpredictable foodFoodCriticDined on 5/11/2014First Visit: anchovies, mussels and a steak accompanied by a nice glass of wine. Second Visit: Moscow Oysters (very good). Entrées; poached salmon and Lamb Chops. Poached salmon served hot covered in a sauce. It had been poached and re-heated. It was dried out and over cooked. The lamb came medium rare but was hard; not sure why. We left most of the entrées on our plates and declined to take it with us. Indoors was too cold. Outdoors was nice but the chairs were old and falling apart. Hostess seated us at a table without a table cloth. The other tables had them. Prices are moderate but it is questionable whether we would return. Averaging our two experiences overall it is a 4 out of 10 and to repeat I look for at least a 7 out of 10.
- Great Mothers Day SpeciallovetoeatDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent! The lobster tail was the best that I have ever eaten! the mushroom soup was out of this world. I would come back again and again to try other dishes! Great food for a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is a amazingLuvJayVIPDined on 4/10/2014First off, you wouldn't even know if this restaurant is in the neighbor since it is truly hidden. The food is spectacular!!!! The steak, garlic shrimp, the lobster bisque was very good. At first I was skeptical, but I am glad I did not judge a book by its cover. Again the steak is delish !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Our Party Of 4 Each Had Something Different. TheSalmon, MaHi And The Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Were Good. The Grouper Was Not. Dessert Was Excellent. The Service Was Terrible. Very Slow And InAttentive. This Was Definitely Not The Fine Dining Experience We Were Led To Expect From Other Reviews. Basically It Is A Pretty Loud Bar WithBetter Than Average Food. It Also Is In A Pretty Sketchy Neighborhood In An Office Park.
- Hidden GempowerbossDined on 4/4/2014Originally, I was looking for a decent restaurant late on Sunday Night, around 12:30 AM, and came across Tuna's. I've been back 3 times in 8 days and I am going back there tonight. Their kitchen is open until 2 AM! The food here is excellent and reasonably priced. The service here is also very good. I have never been to a restaurant with a Swiss-trained chef where the prices were this reasonable. There was nothing on the menu that I didn't like. The food that I ordered was excellent and quite reasonably priced. The place is off the beaten path and has a lot of character. Mind you it's just off Biscayne and minutes from Aventura, Sunny Isles and Hallandale. I highly recommend this place and will definitely keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, tucked away oasisBethVIPDined on 3/29/2014We searched for seafood restaurants on open table and were intrigued by combo of seafood and swiss/French options We dined on sunset dinner and were pleased with escargot and oyster varieties and yummy desserts The servers were extremely attentive and when I disliked my entrees, they offered complimentary beverages This restaurant is a gem and well worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a seafood specialty placeDRB46Dined on 2/25/2014For a seafood specialty place the raw bar showcase looked scetchy and not fresh. Nice service.
- Valentine's DiningG2LadyDined on 2/14/2014In the area for the weekend- wanted a great meal so chose Tuna's. A bit more crowded than previous visits as it was Valentines Day and everyone wanted a great meal; but they were able to keep the service up to the high standards we've noted before. Party of 6 and all enjoyed their selections. Good selection of appetizers, the oysters were great, lobster bisque excellent; escargot enjoyed by everyone. Entrees were great, duck was very tasty and not greasy; salmon was great, served hot unlike other places where it's just warm. Steaks and seafood and wine selections very affordable; wait staff extremely friendly and efficient, water glasses were refilled without having to ask, noted by several in the group. All in all a great place anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Valentines MealPLANETMANDined on 2/14/2014The best Grouper I have ever eaten, I am a Native Florida resident so I have ate a lot of Grouper. The fish was fresh, lightly battered and the lemon butter sauce with capers excellent. I will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Reasonably priced.PennyyVIPDined on 2/11/2014Very good seafood and reasonably priced. It is off the main drag . I bet if it were on Biscayne Blvd it would be packed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden but worth findingBPBmiaDined on 1/14/2014Relatively small restaurant, dinner only but has late hours (until 2AM). Went for dinner, total of 5 people, on a Tuesday night around 6:30PM. Restaurant was not busy, server was very friendly. Menu is combination of seafood and continental dishes, some interesting appetizers. They have an early bird from 4-6PM, 3 course meal for $17-26 depending on your entree, seems like this is a great bargain for a good meal. They also have a special after 6PM, 3 course meal for $39, entree choices include lobster tail and catch of the day. For 5 people with one bottle of wine, 5 appetizers, 5 entrees, 2 desserts, total before tax, tip and wine was $180 (about $36/person), wine was $30 - very reasonable for what you get.Special Features:
- A real Gem of a RestaurantBuddyDined on 1/12/2014The Chef here is brilliant. The quality and preparation of the food is just excellent. And the menu is varied with the emmphasis on sea food. Prices are most fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, except for the noiseEvanDined on 1/3/2014The food and service was very good. But then the band started outside and every time a door opened the noise was deafening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLynnDined on 1/3/2014We found the restaurant listed on Google and decided to give it a try. The food and service were great, and we plan to go there again. We've told friends about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2013It was our first time, and the last one. Don't know why Open Table give 5*
- Well worth it!BigZigDined on 10/27/2013Tried them for their Oktoberfest weekend and couldn't have been any happier. The item that they called the "feast" was just that. You really had to be hungry to finish the whole thing: three different sausages, veal, pork, red cabbage, regular cabbage and potatoes!! Eat drink and be merry!!! You could also get potato pancakes....which we had as an appetizer......great also!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy our experiencemrifranDined on 10/5/2013We always enjoy our experience at Tuna's.The wait staff is just suppered.Special Features: