Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant
17850 W Dixie Hwy
North Miami Beach, FL 33160Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tunasseafoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3059320630x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner; Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am;
Mondays-Outside Patio Bar open 4:00pm - 2:00am
Inside Restaurant Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Rolf Fellhauer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Friday"s from 7 pm till 11 pm on the Patio Bar
A word from Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant
Executive Chef Rolf Fellhauer - brings his Swiss Continental flair to the menu, which boasts mouth-watering daily features such as Oysters Moscow, Mussels Chardonnay and Grouper Brittany. As always, the emphasis remains on fresh fish from local waters. Don"t miss the completely renovated dining room and the chic new Yellowfin Lounge. In addition, the restaurant introduces tableside service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014We found the place and will go back. The Service was excellent, very customer focused. The food was great and served hot. The entire experience was one of the best we have seen recently.Special Features:
- One of best Miami Spice menusSteveVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent choices from the Miami Spice menu, with outstanding, friendly service. A superb value overall.Special Features:
- First and last time!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/23/2014Not a good experience at Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant located in North Miami Beach, cleanliness, food quality and service were poor.
- If you loved the former La PalomaDiappointedDined on 8/16/2014The chef from the former La Paloma is the star of the show here. Same formula, same menu. This restaurant is hidden in the back of a neighborhood mini office complex. It is a small restaurant with a bar. Their specialty is seafood. Great Lobster Bisque with chunks of lobster. NY Strip with green peppercorn sauce was very tasty, the Long Island duckling was dry. Desserts are lackluster.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kashyDined on 8/10/2014.Servers were excellent,,very efficient. Food was also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Dine for Miami Spice event. Good food, great service. Restaurant needs remodeling to make it look more welcoming. Very noisy
- Girls Nite Out DinnerDadangsDined on 8/9/2014We are all from Broward county but we drove to this restaurant as part of the Miami Spice experience. We all had a wonderful dinner night. The manager, waitress and assistant gave superb service. The food were all excellent from appetizers to entrees to desert.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014found out about this place from Miami Spice, so we had a limited menu at a great price, but it still had several options - all that were very good! I had lamb and my husband had the whole fish, we split the tuna nachos that were a little spicy but again very good. Our waiter was perfect, thoughtful and around just enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved itMiamiFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I went here for my birthday dinner. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by a great host and our super nice waitress. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine you can count onVagabondDined on 7/17/2014When in town we are always pleased with our meals here ! The quality is excellent, service is timely, and the food is always served piping hot. They have the best French onion soup around. The final nice touch is a personal visit to our table by the chef.... He knows he has prepared a meal he is proud of !Special Features:
- neighbor hood gemLuvJayVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food is delish!!! Very quiet neighborhood. The key lime martini is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpredictable foodFoodCriticDined on 5/11/2014First Visit: anchovies, mussels and a steak accompanied by a nice glass of wine. Second Visit: Moscow Oysters (very good). Entrées; poached salmon and Lamb Chops. Poached salmon served hot covered in a sauce. It had been poached and re-heated. It was dried out and over cooked. The lamb came medium rare but was hard; not sure why. We left most of the entrées on our plates and declined to take it with us. Indoors was too cold. Outdoors was nice but the chairs were old and falling apart. Hostess seated us at a table without a table cloth. The other tables had them. Prices are moderate but it is questionable whether we would return. Averaging our two experiences overall it is a 4 out of 10 and to repeat I look for at least a 7 out of 10.
- Great Mothers Day SpeciallovetoeatDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent! The lobster tail was the best that I have ever eaten! the mushroom soup was out of this world. I would come back again and again to try other dishes! Great food for a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Chef Rolf's Tuna's Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- Food is a amazingLuvJayVIPDined on 4/10/2014First off, you wouldn't even know if this restaurant is in the neighbor since it is truly hidden. The food is spectacular!!!! The steak, garlic shrimp, the lobster bisque was very good. At first I was skeptical, but I am glad I did not judge a book by its cover. Again the steak is delish !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Our Party Of 4 Each Had Something Different. TheSalmon, MaHi And The Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer Were Good. The Grouper Was Not. Dessert Was Excellent. The Service Was Terrible. Very Slow And InAttentive. This Was Definitely Not The Fine Dining Experience We Were Led To Expect From Other Reviews. Basically It Is A Pretty Loud Bar WithBetter Than Average Food. It Also Is In A Pretty Sketchy Neighborhood In An Office Park.
- Hidden GempowerbossDined on 4/4/2014Originally, I was looking for a decent restaurant late on Sunday Night, around 12:30 AM, and came across Tuna's. I've been back 3 times in 8 days and I am going back there tonight. Their kitchen is open until 2 AM! The food here is excellent and reasonably priced. The service here is also very good. I have never been to a restaurant with a Swiss-trained chef where the prices were this reasonable. There was nothing on the menu that I didn't like. The food that I ordered was excellent and quite reasonably priced. The place is off the beaten path and has a lot of character. Mind you it's just off Biscayne and minutes from Aventura, Sunny Isles and Hallandale. I highly recommend this place and will definitely keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, tucked away oasisBethVIPDined on 3/29/2014We searched for seafood restaurants on open table and were intrigued by combo of seafood and swiss/French options We dined on sunset dinner and were pleased with escargot and oyster varieties and yummy desserts The servers were extremely attentive and when I disliked my entrees, they offered complimentary beverages This restaurant is a gem and well worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a seafood specialty placeDRB46Dined on 2/25/2014For a seafood specialty place the raw bar showcase looked scetchy and not fresh. Nice service.
- Valentine's DiningG2LadyDined on 2/14/2014In the area for the weekend- wanted a great meal so chose Tuna's. A bit more crowded than previous visits as it was Valentines Day and everyone wanted a great meal; but they were able to keep the service up to the high standards we've noted before. Party of 6 and all enjoyed their selections. Good selection of appetizers, the oysters were great, lobster bisque excellent; escargot enjoyed by everyone. Entrees were great, duck was very tasty and not greasy; salmon was great, served hot unlike other places where it's just warm. Steaks and seafood and wine selections very affordable; wait staff extremely friendly and efficient, water glasses were refilled without having to ask, noted by several in the group. All in all a great place anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Valentines MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The best Grouper I have ever eaten, I am a Native Florida resident so I have ate a lot of Grouper. The fish was fresh, lightly battered and the lemon butter sauce with capers excellent. I will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Reasonably priced.PennyyVIPDined on 2/11/2014Very good seafood and reasonably priced. It is off the main drag . I bet if it were on Biscayne Blvd it would be packed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden but worth findingBPBmiaDined on 1/14/2014Relatively small restaurant, dinner only but has late hours (until 2AM). Went for dinner, total of 5 people, on a Tuesday night around 6:30PM. Restaurant was not busy, server was very friendly. Menu is combination of seafood and continental dishes, some interesting appetizers. They have an early bird from 4-6PM, 3 course meal for $17-26 depending on your entree, seems like this is a great bargain for a good meal. They also have a special after 6PM, 3 course meal for $39, entree choices include lobster tail and catch of the day. For 5 people with one bottle of wine, 5 appetizers, 5 entrees, 2 desserts, total before tax, tip and wine was $180 (about $36/person), wine was $30 - very reasonable for what you get.Special Features:
- A real Gem of a RestaurantBuddyDined on 1/12/2014The Chef here is brilliant. The quality and preparation of the food is just excellent. And the menu is varied with the emmphasis on sea food. Prices are most fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, except for the noiseEvanDined on 1/3/2014The food and service was very good. But then the band started outside and every time a door opened the noise was deafening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLynnDined on 1/3/2014We found the restaurant listed on Google and decided to give it a try. The food and service were great, and we plan to go there again. We've told friends about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2013It was our first time, and the last one. Don't know why Open Table give 5*
- Well worth it!BigZigDined on 10/27/2013Tried them for their Oktoberfest weekend and couldn't have been any happier. The item that they called the "feast" was just that. You really had to be hungry to finish the whole thing: three different sausages, veal, pork, red cabbage, regular cabbage and potatoes!! Eat drink and be merry!!! You could also get potato pancakes....which we had as an appetizer......great also!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy our experiencemrifranDined on 10/5/2013We always enjoy our experience at Tuna's.The wait staff is just suppered.Special Features: