Chef Mo's Restaurant & Bar
900 Hendersonville Suite 201
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Mo's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chefinmotion.com/
- Phone: 8282743533
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; dinner Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weddings to office sandwich platters, and everything in between; let Chef Mo meet your culinary expectations and your budget too!
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with capacity of 50 people and also the restaurant capacity is 130.
- Private Party Contact: Mauricio Abreu 8282743533
- Entertainment: Local acoustic guitar musicians perform Thursday through Saturday, adding to the relaxed friendly atmosphere.
- Public Transit: Right in front of the restaurant!
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: South end of office complex, Forest Center North, 900 Hendersonville Rd., turn east on Seminole St. and take an immediate left to enter the lot. We are located on the south end of the office complex in suite 201.
A word from Chef Mo's Restaurant & Bar
Chef Mo's Restaurant and Bar is a comfortable upscale restaurant conveniently tucked in south Asheville, NC. "This is a special hidden gem. With excellent service, food that is divine and the Chef walking the dining room and talking with the guests, it truly stood out. What we enjoyed most is that for a fine dining experience, we were shocked that the meals were reasonably priced." RL Chef Mo's Latin inspired menus and appealing accessibility, season fresh produce from their own Mountain Fiestas Farm, friendly knowledgeable wait staff and bartenders and relaxed atmosphere are just a few reasons to give Chef Mo's Restaurant and Bar a try.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Mo's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Chef Mo's - a beautiful mix of local ingredients and upscale Mexican flavors. We were sad to learn the restaurant was closing at the end of July due to a poor location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Mo's to closesbonthebayDined on 7/27/2013We are so very sorry that Chef Mo's will close soon. We've always had excellent food & service there. Chef Mo makes his way around the room to each table, greets his guests and inquires about their dining experience. This is a wonderful casual restaurant with delicious upscale dining. A real neighborhood gem, We eschew "chain" restaurants and really like to patronize good privately owned eateries that use local foods. Chef Mo's closing is such a loss to our community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2013I was expecting extraordinary food based on the other reviews but honestly wasn't all that impressed. The food you get is worth what you pay and the food was good but not great. I had the vegetable lasagna (im vegetarian) and it was loaded with too much spinach which was overpowering and not very flavorful and it also wasn't a large enough portion for a dinner item. My partner had the lobster tail and it came with a beer batter breading over it, it was ok, but thought Red Lobster had better lobster tails. Probably wont go out of my way to return unless asked.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2013Absolutely delicious food. Cute place, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch placejcpkDined on 7/3/2013Interesting and ambitious menuand good service. Food quality good, but portions a bit small.
- Unknown GEMScotNancDined on 6/29/2013The cuisine was exceptional!! An out - of - the - box fantastic menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not near as good as last timefoodwiselocalDined on 6/27/2013We had a fantastic meal there last year. This time the server knew nothing about food or the menu. The fried oysters were tremendous. The salad was disjointed. The wine suggestions were good. My entree was steak, veg and mashed potatoes. The meat was tender and perfect, the vegetables were average but the potatoes were raw, dry and still in chunks. No cream, no butter, no flavor. About that time Chef Mo came by and asked how the meal was... so I told him. His response was disappointing, at best. He told us he had not tried the potatoes and walked to the kitchen. He did not apologize he did not offer to make a new batch, provide me with a different side or anything. He shouted to us as we were leaving that I was correct they were terrible.
- Hidden GemMountainFolksDined on 6/27/2013Chef Mo's is truly a hidden gem - you won't see it from the main drag, but if you go around the corner to the parking lot entrance, you're in for a treat. The Chef uses spices from Central America and local foods in unique ways that surprise and delight. The wait staff never seems overwhelmed. Freshly baked breads. Yummy desserts (also with a twist). Worth seeking out.Special Features:
- Great findGlenDined on 6/12/2013We were lucky to find this local gem on our family vacation to Asheville. The food was excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something specialValveboxDined on 6/8/2013Not sure why there is not more activity at this great restaurant on a Saturday night! The food was great (I had maybe the best lamb shank I have ever had) and the service was top notch. Don't be fooled into thinking this is a Mexican place. The food has some influence but is a little of everything. Make sure to say hello to Mo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delicious!ChrisDined on 5/25/2013Chef Mo's is a restaurant that serves delicious upscale food that will satisfy foodies of all persuasions. I am a vegetarian/pescatarian and I have been delighted with the vegetarian and seafood offerings on the menu. Likewise, the meat eaters I have dined with here, have been thrilled with their choices. I have eaten here four times now, and have not been disappointed. The ambiance and the service are as wonderful as the food. The prices are fair for the high quality of the food. Each time my husband and I have been to the restaurant, Chef Mo has visited each table and spoken to his patrons, a nice touch. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always come back to Chef Mo'sKathyDined on 5/24/2013Each time we make to Asheville....we always make sure we get to Chef Mo's...this time did not disappoint. The food is so interesting, different and delicious. They have a different twist on their food, that makes it worth coming back again and again. The prices are also really reasonable. Chef Mo always comes out of the kitchen to check on the guests, which is such a great touch to connect. The special the night were there was the pork chop in the cucumber sauce..OMG...so good and as good as it was the veggies that came with it were even better...so fresh. Do not leave without the flourless chocolate cake...again so good. I cannot say enough good things.....just go there and enjoy!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding cuisineSusanDined on 5/13/2013Chef Mo combines ingredients and flavors to create unique dishes and an outstanding culinary experience. I highly recommend Chef Mo's for lunch or dinner. There is a private room in the back that works well for group dining or a small event.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchDiner1Dined on 5/12/2013Great menu, nice presentation, outstanding service at a terrific value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding -Orlando1VIPDined on 4/27/2013The food was outstanding - very flavorful. Great menu with many options for the seafood lover, land lover or vegetarian! Chef Mo's will definitely be one of our new favorites!Special Features:
- We don't have a lot in theNcskandiaDined on 4/23/2013We don't have a lot in the south part of town, so wanted this to be exceptional, sadly not so much. Decor lacking in ambiance but the chef did come out and talked with us. He ended making us a couple of salmon dishes that were pretty darn good. Would like the whole package though when going out on Friday night.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic asFoodieDined on 4/20/2013The food was fantastic as was the service. One of our party was gluten free and they brought home made tortilla chios to the table with the bread and it was a real hit, as usually, he has to forgo the bread and most restaurants don't have gluten free bread.Special Features:
- Great Service and Chef MoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2013Great Service and Chef Mo comes around to see how things are. My friend and I both had salads, I had the roasted beet and my friend had the quinoa pattie, though those aren't the complete names. The salads and dressings were delicious. I would go again and would recommend Chef Mo's. Parking and entrance is in the back.Special Features:
- Chef Mo's is a south AshevillefoodsnobDined on 3/23/2013Chef Mo's is a south Asheville gem. The chef transforms simple dishes into gourmet meals. Their fish tacos are a staple for our family. I recently tried their version of chicken kiev (a cheese-stuffed chicken breast) and was blown away. The restaurant is small and elegant, but comfortable. It's a great place for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends. We've also used their back room for company functions. I highly recommend Chef Mo's.Special Features:
- Another fantastic dining experienceAshevilleGourmetDined on 3/23/2013Another fantastic dining experience with Chef Mo! The veal picatta is divine and the lamb shank simply exquisite. A real Asheville gem.Special Features:
- I was looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013I was looking for a place to enjoy a nice lunch with a group of co-workers, and Chef Mo's seemed like a good choice as I had been there for dinner but had never tried it for lunch. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The food was very good, and everyone loved what they ordered. Chef Mo prepared nice specials, and the regular lunch menu has good choices as well. The crab cake sandwich and orzo salad on the regular menu was super. Our server was excellent; there when we needed him but not intrusive. As with dinner, Chef Mo stopped by the table to make sure everyone was enjoying their lunch--and we sure did!Special Features:
- The food was really good!chipchop525VIPDined on 2/22/2013The food was really good! The service, ok at best. With that being said, would I go back? Absolutely! Chef Mo genuinely cares about his patrons and it shows and he is able to turn out some really good food!!
- Don't miss this place!McDinanVIPDined on 2/15/2013This place was excellent. Food and service were both great, and Chef Mo came out to say hello (he's very charming and friendly). The restaurant itself is quite lovely and has beautiful art on the walls done by a local artist. I can't recommend it enough.Special Features:
- Excellent food and Chef MoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013Excellent food and Chef Mo came out and gterted us. Mist visit on Asheville NCSpecial Features:
- We chose Chef Mo's based onOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2013We chose Chef Mo's based on the menu posted on OpenTable. His restaurant was the first one to have a menu that didn't look like all of the others. We mentioned to someone at the hotel where we were going and got a response of "oh, yeah, I think I've been there. It's kinda out of the way." No, Chef Mo's is not in downtown Asheville. It's even a little south of the Biltmore Village area. It's located in an upscale office complex with doctor's offices, a bank, a consignment shop, etc. You have to drive around the back to find the door. So what!? The restaurant was great. The good sized bar area was quiet the whole time we were there. The food was incredible. Decor was great. Chef Mo came and checked on us. Just go!Special Features:
- Had a great time for our first timeSawgrasserDined on 2/14/2013Went to Chef Moe's for Valentines Day and had a great dinner. Ordered the Lechon Asado, and it was delicious. Wife ordered the Duck breast and also enjoyed her meal. The restaurant wasn't really that romantic of a setting, but then we had no idea what to expect when I placed the reservation. The food was great and the staff was very friendly. Our waiter could have been a bit more on the ball, but the rest of the staff was very into it. Would recommend this restaurant for a normal dinner.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Fabulous! We went to Chef Mo's for Valentine's Day and had a wonderful experience. The food was fantastic - mahi ceviche, surf and turf, with filet (cooked perfectly and well seasoned), one of us with fried lobster (which he loved) and the other with scallops (amazing), And great mashed potatoes. We finished with strawberry frangelica torte, which was truly wonderful. The ambiance is very warm and intimate, perfect for date night or meeting friends. Also the place is filled with artwork by Jonas Gerard, whose work I've admired for a while. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the food and beverages and comfortably attentive. A fantastic dining experience!Special Features:
- Chef Mo creates deliciousMountainYankDined on 2/14/2013Chef Mo creates delicious dishes. He is friendly and seeks to satisfy your every wish.Special Features:
- Give Chef Mo's a tryRegularDined on 2/14/2013The service was great and the willingness to please, excellent. The restaurant had just switched over to a new menu as we dined on Valentines' night. I was drawn to the restaurant by the menu that was posted online which is now the "old" menu. When Chef Mo came by the table to say hello, I mentioned that I was hoping to try the escargot appetizer I saw on the online menu. Chef Mo immediately instructed the server to order it for us. The food was great. I believe they tend to under cook the dish, rather than over cook. My sirloin and lobster were less "firm" than I would normally like. That did not deter their taste or my enjoyment.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food here is great. Service was beyond bad. I wont go off the deep end about complaining about the food. What I will say, is that the food is very good. I would say the quality and taste is far superior to other places in the area.Special Features:
- I think we'll be back. I'llMrsADined on 2/14/2013I think we'll be back. I'll definitely try it out for lunch. The food is good.Special Features:
- Can't wait to return!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013My husband and I went for a date night the day before Valentines. He has the Salmon and I had the braised lamb shank with scallops on the side (as our waiter recommended since I couldn't choose between the scallops and Lamb). I was literally doing a happy dance with very bite it was so good. Since it was Wednesday they had a $10 discount on a bottle of wine. I believe their wine list was very reasonably priced, and even better with the discount! With our appetizer, two cocktails, two entrees, two desserts (don't judge, we couldn't decide!) and a bottle of wine, our check was only $100. Service was Excellent, food awesome- we can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The food is always delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The food is always delicious, the staff is always courteous, and we frequently stop by just for dessert after a movie to end an evening!Special Features:
- Chef moes is excellent outitsmehutzDined on 12/31/2012Chef moes is excellent out of the way but worth finding.Special Features:
- Food is always good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2012Food is always good, service not always great, ambiance could be better.Special Features:
- One of Asheville's hiddenBewiseDined on 12/31/2012One of Asheville's hidden gems because it's located south of downtown. Chef Mo is talented, personable and eager to please diners with special requests. Asheville has so many good independent restaurants, and this is certainly one of them. Seek it out and be rewarded.
- We had intended to go to Mo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We had intended to go to Mo's for months and time just seemed to get in the way. But it was well worth the 30 minute trip to get there and we'll be back many more times!Special Features:
- Some of AVL's most inspired foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Chef Mo's has some of the best, most inspired food in Asheville. I highly recommend it to anyone! Also, the bar has some spectacular drinks! I eat there at least once a week for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Chef Mo scored again! LambNycdiletantesVIPDined on 12/29/2012Chef Mo scored again! Lamb shank and hanger steak were big hits, the shank served with creamy risotto, the medium rare steak served with crisp, fresh vegetables. But before that, a shrimp and andouille "cheesecake" spread on crisp toast was an outstanding appetizer. Chef Mo makes a point of visiting at each table, influencing diners' menu choices or checking to see how the entrees measured up. A nice touch. The restaurant was comfortably filled, but service was still prompt.Special Features:
- Food was lovely! InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Food was lovely! Interesting combinations of things, too. My mom's (87) dish (scallops), although wonderful, was a little to "spicy" for her. They were most accommodating to fix her something else. Can't wait to go back!Special Features: