Chef Geoff's Tysons
8045 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chef Geoff's Tysons
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 5712826003x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3pm
Dinner: 4pm until 10pm (Daily)
BAR: Open to Midnight (daily)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joud Achkar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: Chef Geoff's Tysons Corner loves to party! We offer 2 beautiful
rooms from which to choose, and can accommodate any size group
from 10 to 350 guests. For more information contact our events team at 202.706.7326 or email our Event Director, Amy Foster at email@example.com
- Cross Street: International Drive
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: VALET is available for $3.00 per car during the following times.
Lunch: 11:30am to 2:30pm (Weekdays)
Dinner: 5pm until 10pm (Daily)
Brunch: 10:30am until 3pm (Sunday)
FREE SELF PARK ~ Please bring in your ticket for validation.
Use the garage directly behind the office building.
A word from Chef Geoff's Tysons
Come visit Chef Geoff's in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all day on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's Tysons reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)great for lunch (104)special occasion (99)good for groups (88)neighborhood gem (76)vibrant bar scene (57)great for brunch (55)romantic (48)great for outdoor dining (43)notable wine list (37)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (9)Show More
- Should be better for the price.MatchboxxDined on 10/25/2014Chef Geoff's was decent, but for the price and stature of this restaurant, I expect more than just "decent." I could've gotten "decent" at TGI Fridays and paid half as much money for my meal. Food: I ordered my burger plain. Not a hard request, just burger and bun. It came out with cheese and all the fixings on it. I sent it back and instead of taking 10 minutes to make a new one the right way, they took the stuff off and re-seared it, so now my medium rare burger was well-done and tasteless. Service: It took over 10 minutes to get my server's attention for a refill. When she took the glass, it took another 10 minutes before I had to tell a manager to go fetch the drink. Also good luck finding the place. No signage on the road at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Scott the bartender made an awesome chocolate martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, delicious eveningMAMGDined on 10/25/2014Great ambiance, great service Interesting, diverse, tasty menu Memorable, celebratory evening Fantastic, first experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly impressed by Tom!SamanthaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Initially the experience was poor as the service was really slow; we didn't get to order our food until 15 min then didn't receive it for almost another 40 min. My dad didn't read the menu carefully so when his pepperoni pizza arrived w/ arugula & tomatoes he was very disappointed. However we were extremely impressed with Tom (he must have been a managerr) who insisted on ensuring we were happy with our food and overall experience. Despite my father fault for not reading the menu carefully Tom insisted on providing him wIth the traditional pepperoni pizza he wanted and insisted it was his job to ensure we the customers were happy. Tom saved our initially lackluster experience and made it great! We were impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy and Medicore Foodhak3VIPDined on 10/21/2014Very disappointing in all respects. Noise levels barely tolerable in dining area. Steak Fritte-a house special- was mediocre at best-dry, tough, no sauce, horrible luke warm potato side dish. Appetizer portions minuscule. Would not recommend for any reason!
- Delightful dinner for 6HappyDinerDined on 10/18/2014There were six in our group and everyone was pleased with the choice. We live in Maryland and Virginia, so Tyson's area is a good meeting place for us. We're always searching for a restaurant that will allow reservations, have an atmosphere that is pleasant where we are able to hear each other, and have good food. We were happy in every way. We had salads, chicken, pasta, and steak, and everyone was happy with their meal. I'm sure we'll go there again.Special Features:
- Cool vibe -GourmandlikesDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed Chef Geoff's. Fun bar scene with exceptional signature drinks. The wine list is thorough with a wide variety of choices. Entrees are tasteful and are perfect sized portions. Service was just right - there but not overly so. We'll go back and will recommend.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourHelpMeWanderDined on 10/10/2014Very vibrant and classy bar scene. Wide selection of draught beer and great food. Parking is a little bit of a walk, unless you want to use the Valet; if you self-park, watch for restricted parking spots or you will be towed. I just wish I didn't have to drive on Rt. 7 at rush hour to get here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumps up!KimTCDined on 10/7/2014Food was great! Staff was great! Absolutely no complaints.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014I am so happy there is a Chef Geoff in Virginia. Not having to go Downtown or Maryland is greatSpecial Features:
- Delicious business lunchNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love this place for a business lunch. The menu choices are varied and all are delicious. Not the same old borring choices either. Seasonal menu. I had the crab cake with jalepeno tarter sauce - fabulous. Others had the pumpkin gnocchi and the fish tacos. Cant wait to go back! Surprised they dont think of it first but you can adk for a black napkin so as not to get white lint on your clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CG's new Fall menu is awesome!MattVIPDined on 10/2/2014Not much more to say, the new menu screams "It's Fall!" We tried the amazing Seared Duck Breast with maple-bourbon sweet potatoes, cabbage, raspberry-orange sauce and the Seared Scallops with parsnip puree, chanterelles, truffle butter sauce...let's just say I would have licked the plate if I had not been on a date with my wife unit. Not sure where we found room for the Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding with salted caramel ice cream, but that was the perfect finish. Another excellent date night facilitated by the amazing folks at Chef Geoff's Tysons!Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!ReynoldsVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great stop for lunch...salmon on the greek salad...yummm!!Special Features:
- Delicious food/excellent serviceYumyumDined on 9/26/2014A wonderful experience!!! I recommend this restaurant for the delicious food and the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Service was good but food was average. Went for a special occasion and it was not memorable, just OK. Not a big deal but when leaving the valet brought the wrong car - kind of scary. Sure it was an innocent mistake but also was our dinner reservation.Special Features:
- A great night out.FrakasDined on 9/20/2014Took my three teenage kids out for a nice dinner, and this worked out perfectly. Everyone found something they liked, and we had a nice leisurely dinner. It was a bit noisy, but in a high energy way.Special Features:
- Chef Geoff's never disappointsEllenBVIPDined on 9/13/2014Service, ambience and energy are consistently delivered but menu offering and food even better than the norm on our last visit. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great nightTimmmillerDined on 9/12/2014We love Chef Geoff's and consider it one of our go-to restaurants in the neighborhood. We had some service challenges last time and heard back from the manager who made things right with us and we were happy to return. The menu is great and full of options and the fried calamari is the best in the area!Special Features:
- Great for lunchSplendidDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed our lunch our waiter was especially good. The food was exceptional. I will definitely return again. And I'll bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and really good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Stephen was our server and was very capable. Made good suggestions and really made our visit enjoyable. Food is consistently good here. We had the fish tacos and a salad for a late dinner after travel. Very good visit.Special Features:
- Pleasant NightDoubleDDined on 8/31/2014The food is excellent if a bit pricey. The waiter made a minor mistake (salad instead of sweet potato fries). He corrected his error without issue and rather quickly. I hear they have a good bar scene. I am just not into bars so I won't comment.Special Features:
- Never disappointsLCC6507Dined on 8/30/2014This is the go to place for my family, as it's between us. The menu changes just enough to keep it interesting, and we have never had a bad meal. The service is fabulous, from the valet to the servers.Special Features:
- good for business discussionsOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/29/2014Quiet and separate enough for a comfortable business lunch,Special Features:
- happeningplaceDined on 8/26/2014Sitting outside was a nice change of pace.......it's a lot quieter out there. As always, the food, drink and service was outstanding. Alwys one of my favorite "go to's" ever since it opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at Chef Geoffs (Tyson's) in several years. It was a Sunday evening, and not at all busy. Though we were a couple, we were placed right next to two large families with children and crying babies, more for the servers' convenience than ours as it was hard to converse with both the noise from the families and the rather loud music. Our server was very attentive and clearly new at his job, but we were understanding of that. Our food was good, but not great, although my steak was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. The Caesar salad looked and tasted tired. The chocolate cake was excellent! The restaurant itself looks/seems a little tired or lost its edge compared to our last visit...maybe an off night.Special Features:
- Great food and really good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Deviled eggs with bacon appetizer was very tasty. Tired of the salad thing. Fish tacos for me and mussels for my guest. Tacos were excellent but too many of the mussels were empty without finding anything in the broth. A quick chat with the waiter who brought over the manager and voila a second serving brought on the house. We were impressed and happy to have this high level of service. The manager even accommodated us by changing the TV to a favorite sports program of ours. We were in close proximity to the bar. Good time! Place was very busy and yet the service was excellent. A bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Special is Very SpecialcvmichaelDined on 8/23/2014Generous portions - almost too much food! Lots of selections; sunset menu items were the same as regular menu items Attentive service Comfortable booth for four.Special Features:
- A little disappointing.HortadogDined on 8/20/2014We spent a lot of the night looking for our waitress. Missing dressing on the salad, empty glasses, etc. The food was good and reasonably priced, and the menu was creative but overall not up to what we'd hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to lunch meeting spotepictenorDined on 8/19/2014The Tyson's location is always a bustling spot for productive lunch meetings. Great food, attentive servers. They keep interruptions to a minimum when they can see you're working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Salad and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014We had a great salad and wine! Fish selection was great too. Really enjoyable spot.Special Features:
- PeteDined on 8/17/2014This was a pleasant restaurant with excellent service and an interesting menu. The food was repaired well.Special Features:
- Great food, great time!VenusDWinoDined on 8/16/2014We went for Restaurant Week, which at Chef Geoff's means you can pick from the whole menu! It was terrific. We met our friends, Sam and Sally, there and they enjoyed everything they had as well. I had the Shrimp and Grits -- just yummy as always. Service was prompt but not overwhelming. Bartender was even able to make an acceptable "French 75" for me, which was refreshing and delicious. We sat outside because the weather was perfect. Who can remember when we have had such a mild August? By the time we left, about 10:30p, the entire restaurant inside and out was deserted. Tyson's folks must have a genetic need to go to bed early -- even on a Saturday night. We love chef Geoff's!Special Features:
- Yum!JanetDined on 8/16/2014Everything was fantastic, as always! I highly recommend the sesame crusted tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week done rightMarkdineDined on 8/16/2014Unlike other places that offer mediocre fare for Restaurant Week, Chef Geoff's let's you order anything off the menu for the RW price. So you truly get to sample the food, rather than going to a place that offers you stuff you'd never order in real time. Plus, the service, as susual, was solid and professional,mas it always is. Nice pacing to the meal. Attentive but not overbearing server who was quite helpful in discussing a couple of choices. This is a fine place at regular pprices; it is a wonderful steal at RW.Special Features:
- Great experiencecostoDined on 8/16/2014Came for restaurant week and left 100% satisfied. Hands down the best scallops I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NormVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a lovely late lunch. Sat outside and food, service and ambience were perfect. Have been to both Tyson's and Rockville and both have become favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MenubrownieoneVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second time here, and we will return for a third. Great food ... very well thought out menu with a ton of options ... and stellar service. Can't go wrong with any of the items on the menu!Special Features:
- Steady favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014We are never disappointed with Chef Geoff's. Food is top quality and priced fairly at all times. During Restaurant Week it is a serious bargain. Wait staff is always helpful and friendly. We will be back many times.Special Features:
- summer restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Summer restaurant week had lunch here. Crispy calamari was really good as appetizer . It was ruby and crispy. Strongly recommend. Also had tuna tarter which was yummy. For main course, we ordered pan roasted salmon. The amount was really small and just tasted ok. After that, we had pineapple upside down cake which was strongly recommended by the wittier. It looked cute and I love the pineapple flavor which was not so sweet. Meanwhile the chocolate cheesecake just as good as it was. Anyway, the price was fair for lunch like this. Had good time and will come back next time!Special Features:
- Per UsualLuv2EatandDrinkDined on 8/15/2014I've been to Chef Geoff's on more than one occasion (lunch/dinner, with small groups and with just 2). The bar offerings are great and the restaurant has a pretty decent happy hour menu. Unfortunately, if the bartenders have regulars, they tend to serve "as necessary" (not giving too much attention to other patrons). I had a late night dinner with a friend on a Friday night for restaurant week. Because of the location - most patrons are the business professional kind - so, it gets busy early and dies down quick. Their food is great and depending on what you get - sometimes worth the money. I recommend any of the seafood dishes minus the crab cakes... they were a little on the "crabby" side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.