Chef Geoff's Tysons
8045 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chef Geoff's Tysons
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 5712826003x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3pm
Dinner: 4pm until 10pm (Daily)
BAR: Open to Midnight (daily)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joud Achkar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: Chef Geoff's Tysons Corner loves to party! We offer 2 beautiful
rooms from which to choose, and can accommodate any size group
from 10 to 350 guests. For more information contact our events team at 202.706.7326 or email our Event Director, Amy Foster at email@example.com
- Cross Street: International Drive
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: VALET is available for $3.00 per car during the following times.
Lunch: 11:30am to 2:30pm (Weekdays)
Dinner: 5pm until 10pm (Daily)
Brunch: 10:30am until 3pm (Sunday)
FREE SELF PARK ~ Please bring in your ticket for validation.
Use the garage directly behind the office building.
A word from Chef Geoff's Tysons
Come visit Chef Geoff's in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all day on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's Tysons reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (121)special occasion (118)fit for foodies (115)good for groups (92)neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (73)great for outdoor dining (53)vibrant bar scene (48)romantic (45)kid-friendly (31)notable wine list (31)hot spot (27)late-night find (12)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Sitting outside was a nice change of pace.......it's a lot quieter out there. As always, the food, drink and service was outstanding. Alwys one of my favorite "go to's" ever since it opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at Chef Geoffs (Tyson's) in several years. It was a Sunday evening, and not at all busy. Though we were a couple, we were placed right next to two large families with children and crying babies, more for the servers' convenience than ours as it was hard to converse with both the noise from the families and the rather loud music. Our server was very attentive and clearly new at his job, but we were understanding of that. Our food was good, but not great, although my steak was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. The Caesar salad looked and tasted tired. The chocolate cake was excellent! The restaurant itself looks/seems a little tired or lost its edge compared to our last visit...maybe an off night.Special Features:
- Great food and really good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Deviled eggs with bacon appetizer was very tasty. Tired of the salad thing. Fish tacos for me and mussels for my guest. Tacos were excellent but too many of the mussels were empty without finding anything in the broth. A quick chat with the waiter who brought over the manager and voila a second serving brought on the house. We were impressed and happy to have this high level of service. The manager even accommodated us by changing the TV to a favorite sports program of ours. We were in close proximity to the bar. Good time! Place was very busy and yet the service was excellent. A bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Special is Very SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Generous portions - almost too much food! Lots of selections; sunset menu items were the same as regular menu items Attentive service Comfortable booth for four.Special Features:
- A little disappointing.HortadogDined on 8/20/2014We spent a lot of the night looking for our waitress. Missing dressing on the salad, empty glasses, etc. The food was good and reasonably priced, and the menu was creative but overall not up to what we'd hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to lunch meeting spotepictenorDined on 8/19/2014The Tyson's location is always a bustling spot for productive lunch meetings. Great food, attentive servers. They keep interruptions to a minimum when they can see you're working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Salad and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014We had a great salad and wine! Fish selection was great too. Really enjoyable spot.Special Features:
- PeteDined on 8/17/2014This was a pleasant restaurant with excellent service and an interesting menu. The food was repaired well.Special Features:
- Great food, great time!VenusDWinoDined on 8/16/2014We went for Restaurant Week, which at Chef Geoff's means you can pick from the whole menu! It was terrific. We met our friends, Sam and Sally, there and they enjoyed everything they had as well. I had the Shrimp and Grits -- just yummy as always. Service was prompt but not overwhelming. Bartender was even able to make an acceptable "French 75" for me, which was refreshing and delicious. We sat outside because the weather was perfect. Who can remember when we have had such a mild August? By the time we left, about 10:30p, the entire restaurant inside and out was deserted. Tyson's folks must have a genetic need to go to bed early -- even on a Saturday night. We love chef Geoff's!Special Features:
- Yum!JanetDined on 8/16/2014Everything was fantastic, as always! I highly recommend the sesame crusted tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week done rightMarkdineDined on 8/16/2014Unlike other places that offer mediocre fare for Restaurant Week, Chef Geoff's let's you order anything off the menu for the RW price. So you truly get to sample the food, rather than going to a place that offers you stuff you'd never order in real time. Plus, the service, as susual, was solid and professional,mas it always is. Nice pacing to the meal. Attentive but not overbearing server who was quite helpful in discussing a couple of choices. This is a fine place at regular pprices; it is a wonderful steal at RW.Special Features:
- Great experiencecostoDined on 8/16/2014Came for restaurant week and left 100% satisfied. Hands down the best scallops I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NormVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a lovely late lunch. Sat outside and food, service and ambience were perfect. Have been to both Tyson's and Rockville and both have become favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014We are never disappointed with Chef Geoff's. Food is top quality and priced fairly at all times. During Restaurant Week it is a serious bargain. Wait staff is always helpful and friendly. We will be back many times.Special Features:
- summer restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Summer restaurant week had lunch here. Crispy calamari was really good as appetizer . It was ruby and crispy. Strongly recommend. Also had tuna tarter which was yummy. For main course, we ordered pan roasted salmon. The amount was really small and just tasted ok. After that, we had pineapple upside down cake which was strongly recommended by the wittier. It looked cute and I love the pineapple flavor which was not so sweet. Meanwhile the chocolate cheesecake just as good as it was. Anyway, the price was fair for lunch like this. Had good time and will come back next time!Special Features:
- Per UsualLuv2EatandDrinkDined on 8/15/2014I've been to Chef Geoff's on more than one occasion (lunch/dinner, with small groups and with just 2). The bar offerings are great and the restaurant has a pretty decent happy hour menu. Unfortunately, if the bartenders have regulars, they tend to serve "as necessary" (not giving too much attention to other patrons). I had a late night dinner with a friend on a Friday night for restaurant week. Because of the location - most patrons are the business professional kind - so, it gets busy early and dies down quick. Their food is great and depending on what you get - sometimes worth the money. I recommend any of the seafood dishes minus the crab cakes... they were a little on the "crabby" side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant Week DealspazzydancerDined on 8/15/2014Chef Geoff's in Tysons Corner always blows us away with how good the food is and the warm, professional service. We've been there for Restaurant week 3 years in a row and are always astounded by their entire menu being available. Portions are large enough that we couldn't make it through our entrees and ended up taking home desserts. Also, their in-house specialty cocktail selections were delicious and they make their own soda syrups. What's not to love?Special Features:
- Chef Geoff'salhaDined on 8/15/2014Friends and I decided to try Chef Geoff's during restaurant week for the first time. The restaurant offered three courses for a little over $35/person. My friends and I all ordered different appetizers so we could try different ones. All, from tuna tartar to calamari and dumplings, were excellent. For the main courses, steak and scallops were also fabulous. We also mixed up the desserts so we could try each. The chocolate cake was definitely the best. Service was fantastic. We requested a quiet table and were in luck at the begging, but around half way through our meal, the restaurant became more crowded and louder, becoming harder to hear my friend across the large table. Still, I can't wait to return to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restuarant Week LunchDallasDinerDined on 8/15/2014Cheff Geof's allows you to pick your choice of 1st and 2nd course and dessert for Restaurant Week. Great options for diners. Sat outside, split 2 appetizers - beet salad and lamb flatbread. Both excellent. Split the fish tacos and Cuban sandwich. Fish tacos tasted a little too fishy but were still very good and guacamole with it was creamy. Cuban sandwich had quite a mustardy taste. Took some home and was even better reheated the next day. No matter which dessert you get, they're all good. Presentation of all dishes was superb. Not much to look at when sitting outside, but still prefer that to indoors for an afternoon meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday lunchDatelunchDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I had a nice "date" lunch here on a Friday afternoon during Restaurant Week. Service was efficient and friendly. I had a crab cake, which had little filler and mostly crabmeat--very tasty--accompanied by broccolini. The broccolini was crisp but not tough. My wife had baked salmon, which was a good-sized piece, and cooked just right, i.e., not raw but not overdone either. I recommend this place at least for lunch and probably for dinner as well.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Restaurant week truly a great buy but the restaurant is such a find, I keep going backSpecial Features:
- Did not DisappointCebpamDined on 8/15/2014Chef Geoff at Tyson's did not disappoint again! I love this restaurant for lunch get togethers with friends and co-workers. It's one restaurant that I don't fail to go during Restaurant Week because they don't limit their menu. It's really worth it. Excellent Food, excellent service, wonderful experience. This is our go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome service!JB47Dined on 8/14/2014Our server, Jon, was AMAZING! Even in the midst of dinner chaos, he made us feel like we were the only table in the place. He also paid extra attention to my spouse's choices as she is gluten-sensitive. We look forward to returning and hope to have his service! We certainly tipped him appropriately (+20%) as he made this visit the first of many.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I've had Chef Geoff's on two separate occasions now and I've been extremely pleased each time. You have to try the calamari appetizer and the mushroom risotto ravioli. AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoors in AugustTysons57VIPDined on 8/13/2014Hard to believe that it continues to be nice enough to eat outside in DC metro. And best place to do that continues to be Chef Geoff in Tysons.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDeborahVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food is wonderful at Chef Geoff's and there are many options for seafood, pizza or meat-lovers. We dined during restaurant week, which is a wonderful value, and the restaurant was very energetic. We shared three appetizers and one better than the next. We each got three different entrees (my personal favorite the trout) and everyone was happy with their selections. I had to take my flourless chocolate dessert home because I couldn't eat another bite.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Winner LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2014Excellent Restaurant week selections. Gazpacho and Tuna Tartare apps...yummy. Mushroom Ravioli main...very good. Flourless Chocolate cake with mint chip ice cream and sorbet selection desserts...outstanding. Kudos to CG for not holding back for RW! Everything available.
- Duck3720Duck3720Dined on 8/13/2014Tuna Tartare was phenomenal. The crab cake did not seem to be lump crab and was a bit stringy. Reuben dam wish was delicious. Keyime pie with mango sorbet was very good- the jalapeño pepper in the sorbet was a surprising kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long overdue lunch w/an associateHKMDKVIPDined on 8/13/2014We took advantage of Restaurant Week to meet, and introduce an associate to a new restaurant. Always an excellent foodies event! * Appetizers - Iceberg Wedge, Lamb flatbread, Calamari dish * Entrees - Simple & healthy - Crabcake, The Chef Ruben, Salmon dish * Desserts - Key Lime Pie, Upside Pineapple CakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group lunch for Restaurant WeekYBNE1LSDined on 8/13/2014The entire office came to Chef Geoff's for lunch during restaurant week and made a reservation (highly recommended at all times). We were sat promptly and once we placed our orders the food arrived at an appropriate time. I would say overall the place was vibrant and hopping. Much better than our last experience. Restaurant Week is such a great deal and well worth the noise level.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!QualityFoodReviewsDined on 8/13/2014This place was excellent in every respect. It was an enjoyable dining experience. Thank you!
- sssteinyDined on 8/12/2014As usual they met or surpassed my expectations. The fact that it was restaurant week was just an added plus.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekLunch123VIPDined on 8/12/2014This is the second time we were here for restaurant week. This is one of the few restaurants that that let you pick from the whole menu during restaurant week. Most have a very limited choice. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- Food to savorlocalnvfoodieDined on 8/12/2014We've been here at least a half a dozen times and it's been wonderful each time. No one we've brought there has been disappointed. The food and service have been excellent each time.Special Features:
- normally good but one hiccupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014I normally go here for RW and RW only. The food is normally good; however, the I was displeased with my entree. I ordered the salmon which was accompanied with spinach and artichoke with a cream sauce. The greens were so spicy, I sweated. It wasn't supposed to be that hot, it actually hurt to eat. I drank tons of water after each bite. I was hoping that the sauce would help mellow out the heat. Unfortunately, it looks like the plating was done sauce first, pile of greens and the cut of salmon leaning on top. I would have preferred to have the cream sauce on top of the salmon. I could barely even see the sauce because it was mostly greens, a slim cut of salmon and a dropping if sauce. This was the first time I was that disappointed.
- Restaurant Week extraordinaire!sarahseesfoodDined on 8/12/2014With a generous Restaurant Week menu, Chef Geoff’s did not disappoint. Even for lunch, you must bring your appetite and people to share with, as the food is served in ample portions. And the service - attentive and speedy, but willing to adjust if you were there to sit and chat a while. Try the mac-n-cheese bites, the mediterranean trio (kudos to the pita maker!), and don’t forget to dip your old bay fries in the spicy remoulade that accompanies the fish n chips dish; you won’t regret a thing!Special Features:
- Fantastic!NittanyLyonsDined on 8/11/2014Visited for Restaurant Week and the Chef Geoff had a much more robust menu than most! All choices delicious - we had the Giant Shrimp and Gouda Grits and the Horseradish Pork. Service was fantastic - our waiter was friendly, kind, prompt, and helpful! Way to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for a Special EveningdfcreviewDined on 8/9/2014An excellent choice for a special evening if you are out at Tyson's Corner. The atmosphere was calm and smart, the menu was varied, the food was well prepared, and the service was excellent. We made a reservation for a special dinner before going to a performance at Wolf Trap. It was an excellent choice. Tyson's is fairly far from home for us though and I would not make a special trip just to visit Chef Geoff but it is a good choice if you want more than family franchise food when you are out at Tyson's Corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningFoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014I had been to happy hour several times before but this was my first time enjoying dinner. Had dinner with two friends of mine and really enjoyed ourselves. I had the mussels and my friends enjoyed the pork and the salmon (with starter salads). We were all very happy with our food and choices of wine. Wish I could remember our Server's name because he was great. My friend received a glass of wine from a bottle that was corked and didn't taste good at all. He took care of the problem immediately. A very nice evening and I will recommend dinner at Chef Geoff's to my friends.Special Features:
- Loved it!VirginiaFoodieDined on 8/3/2014We really enjoy the food at Chef Geoff's. It's creative but still plenty of basics to be found. Excellent cocktails (Red Line Manhattan and the Grapefruit/Hendricks's gin cocktails are favorites). We try to get there for the sunset dinners (great value). We had mussels (unbelievable portion!), mushroom ravioli (our 8 year loves it too!), salmon (perfection!) and the Tyson's burger. Desserts are the BEST... pineapple upside down cake and donuts are huge hits for us. Best of all... the service. We'll always ask for Mitchell (Mitch). He makes excellent recommendations... and has a great sense of humor to boot! See you soon!Special Features: