Chef Geoff's Tysons
8045 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chef Geoff's Tysons
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: (571) 282-6003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3pm
Dinner: 4pm until 10pm (Daily)
BAR: Open to Midnight (daily)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joud Achkar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: Chef Geoff's Tysons Corner loves to party! We offer 2 beautiful
rooms from which to choose, and can accommodate any size group
from 10 to 350 guests. For more information contact our events team at 202.706.7326 or email our Event Director, Amy Foster at email@example.com
- Cross Street: International Drive
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: VALET is available for $3.00 per car during the following times.
Lunch: 11:30am to 2:30pm (Weekdays)
Dinner: 5pm until 10pm (Daily)
Brunch: 10:30am until 3pm (Sunday)
FREE SELF PARK ~ Please bring in your ticket for validation.
Use the garage directly behind the office building.
A word from Chef Geoff's Tysons
Come visit Chef Geoff's in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all day on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's Tysons reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)great for lunch (103)good for groups (98)special occasion (95)neighborhood gem (68)vibrant bar scene (61)great for brunch (57)romantic (46)great for outdoor dining (38)notable wine list (37)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (9)Show More
- Definite Repeat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014When I want to meet up with friends in Virginia for lunch or dinner, Chef Geoff's near Tysons is usually the first place I think of - the food is always very good, and there is good variety - fine entree, artisan pizza, diet friendly salad or simple choice options, excellent burgers - something for everyone! Very good dining room for conversation, and valet parking if you want it. Who could ask for more - excellent dining experience - I will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I work near here and had visited the bar a few times, but this was my first time coming for a meal. Service was slow, food was mediocre. There are several other good places in this price range nearby, such as Paladar and you'd be better off going to ine of these.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The caesar salad topped with Salmon was excellent.Special Features:
- Terrible. Just awful.TriadDCDined on 11/17/2014Ordered the chopped salad for lunch. The kitchen should have been embarrassed to send it out. Iceberg lettuce (not even "chopped") with cherry tomatoes cut in half and some bacon. They forgot the dressing. And then when the waitress did bring the dressing on the side -- it was blue cheese. Even though I had asked for the salad with no blue cheese. If I hadn't been with a business associate, I would have asked for the manager. Instead, I had to just smile and pretend like it was fine. Seriously. So bad. So so bad. My 7 year old niece makes a better salad.
- First Anniversary DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. I was recommended by a friend. But I took my wife here for out 1st year anniversary. We both had a good time. It was a nice touch for Chef Geoff's to give us a card with candies and a candle. Nice touch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good pick!danielDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I picked Chef Geoff's for a date night - and I have to say it was a good pick. One of my favorite things about the menu is that it is absolutely possible to engineer a very high quality meal for not a lot of money. However, we both ordered items from the upper portion of the menu price-wise, and feel like we good not only a great meal,but a good value. We split an appetizer, each had an entree and had room left for dessert. Our order looked like: 1. Modest bottle of wine - Milbrandt Traditions Reisling. This is a light wine, that was very accurately described by our waiter. A great fit to the meal we had planned - because we had a very good idea what we would order before we arrived. 2. Pork and Shrimp Dumplings - these are great, they are steamed to perfection, with a flavorful dipping sauce. They are more of a shu-mai style than the potsticker style if you are comparing to most Asian restaurants. 3. My wife had the Yellowfin Tuna entree, served rare. Not only was the tuna perfectly seared, but the noodles and ginger sauced with it made for a fantastic combination of flavors that married well together. 4. I had the Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits. When they arrived I could smell the smokiness of the cheese in the grits. The shrimp were huge, as promised, and served with andouille and vegetables atop the cheese grits, with a sauce reminiscent of etouffe. While my wife's Yellowfin was superb, I think this was actually the better entree. 5. We split the Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding,with Salted Caramel Ice Cream. This was a great desert, it was big enough for two, but not so large that we had to throw in the forks half way through. The salted caramel ice cream is a great offset to the sweetness of the bread pudding and sauce. We will be back. Maybe to explore the other parts of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive restaurant for special occasionvienna6Dined on 11/14/2014Went to Chef Geoff's for restaurant week and enjoyed it the most of all the restaurants tried. Returned to celebrate a special event and was not disappointed . The choices were ample with something for everyone of every different age in my party. The food was well prepared and presented. I hope that this level of quality is maintained as it will surely be one of our favorites... and we are VERY selective!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the hypeluv2dineDined on 11/9/2014I expected more from this restaurant than we received. The food was just ok. Nothing special that I would go out of my way for. Food was not super hot and seemed a long time to get out of the kitchen. The service was not attentive once we got our food. Our waiter seemed to forget about us and did not refill water, get new drinks or coffee. They need to step up the food and the service.Special Features:
- Good Food Reasonably Priced WinesFcarmelVIPDined on 11/8/2014Good pub menu with more substantial items like fish, pastas and steaks. Stick to the basics and get recommendations from capable waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Benchmark for RestaurantsVAmooseDined on 11/8/2014Our dinner guest has experienced some of the finest restaurants in the world, so we were extremely pleased when she offered unsolicited praise for both the wine list and the food quality. I was impressed with the precise coordination of the staff, as they anticipated our every need, without interruption or distraction. The ambiance was conducive to extending the event by lingering over desserts, coffee, and tea....which we certainly did. As we exited, my wife suggested that we return to this restaurant, soon....we certainly will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsAlphonseDined on 11/8/2014Our evening with friends at CG Tysons exceeded expectations. Food variety and preparation was above average for CG (especially its New Mexico Ave location) and was almost as good as Lia's. Service was excellent and our table, as requested, was sited so that we could have a relaxed evening of conversation. Prices were very good value. On the negative side, the pasta with Italian sausage and shrimp could have benefited from a marinara sauce rather than the plain red sauce, and the scallop plate looked very sparing - not much on it (good thing my friend had a salad beforehand). Desserts were well-appreciated all around.Special Features:
- I'll Be BackShimaGirlVIPDined on 11/7/2014When I first stepped into the restaurant I was worried because it was so NOISY - but that's because you walk into the bar. The dining area was around the corner and was, thankfully, very quiet. The food was delicious: We started with the tuna tartare appetizer and loved the flavors and textures of the tuna w/ sesame oil, fried wonton wrappers, wasabi cream, ginger, and pickled cucumber. Everything that followed was also delicious but the tuna is what I keep thinking about! Also wanted to mention our waiter, Oz, who was exceptional - attentive but not obtrusive service, gentle demeanor - he was terrific and really timed our courses perfectly. Great experience.Special Features:
- KG77Dined on 11/2/2014The highlight of my meal was the black bean pumpkin soup. The service was fair and the waiter seemed to be preoccupied. It was like he was trying to rush us out of the restaurant and/or he wasn't interested in serving us.Special Features:
- Lunch at Geoff'sJimnDined on 10/30/2014The restaurant accommodated the seeing eye dog that was part of our party easily. Dishes were all presented nicely, and my bucatini with bacon was tasty but a bit oversauced with red sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunfoodyDined on 10/25/2014I requested a table in a fairly quiet spot. They did the best they could. Two of our diners had the evening's special Salmon and thought it was terrible. I assume the restaurant can't do anything about the acoustics. All four in our party had to lean into and across the table to be able to be heard. So annoying. I can understand a loud bar scene....it's fun but once I'm at a table I want to be able to have a conversation. I couldn't even hear the waitress. My meal was good and the restaurant close but both men said they wouldn't want to come back.Special Features:
- Should be better for the price.MatchboxxDined on 10/25/2014Chef Geoff's was decent, but for the price and stature of this restaurant, I expect more than just "decent." I could've gotten "decent" at TGI Fridays and paid half as much money for my meal. Food: I ordered my burger plain. Not a hard request, just burger and bun. It came out with cheese and all the fixings on it. I sent it back and instead of taking 10 minutes to make a new one the right way, they took the stuff off and re-seared it, so now my medium rare burger was well-done and tasteless. Service: It took over 10 minutes to get my server's attention for a refill. When she took the glass, it took another 10 minutes before I had to tell a manager to go fetch the drink. Also good luck finding the place. No signage on the road at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Scott the bartender made an awesome chocolate martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, delicious eveningMAMGDined on 10/25/2014Great ambiance, great service Interesting, diverse, tasty menu Memorable, celebratory evening Fantastic, first experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly impressed by Tom!SamanthaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Initially the experience was poor as the service was really slow; we didn't get to order our food until 15 min then didn't receive it for almost another 40 min. My dad didn't read the menu carefully so when his pepperoni pizza arrived w/ arugula & tomatoes he was very disappointed. However we were extremely impressed with Tom (he must have been a managerr) who insisted on ensuring we were happy with our food and overall experience. Despite my father fault for not reading the menu carefully Tom insisted on providing him wIth the traditional pepperoni pizza he wanted and insisted it was his job to ensure we the customers were happy. Tom saved our initially lackluster experience and made it great! We were impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisy and Medicore Foodhak3VIPDined on 10/21/2014Very disappointing in all respects. Noise levels barely tolerable in dining area. Steak Fritte-a house special- was mediocre at best-dry, tough, no sauce, horrible luke warm potato side dish. Appetizer portions minuscule. Would not recommend for any reason!
- satisfying dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014We dined with another couple on the Saturday night of Homecoming. The food, as usual, was very good. There was a wide variety of selections, and suggested wine pairings. Our server was new (it was his first week), so the service wasn't as efficient as usual, but it did not dim our experience. Chef Geoff's is always a reliable choice for a fine meal in a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Delightful dinner for 6HappyDinerDined on 10/18/2014There were six in our group and everyone was pleased with the choice. We live in Maryland and Virginia, so Tyson's area is a good meeting place for us. We're always searching for a restaurant that will allow reservations, have an atmosphere that is pleasant where we are able to hear each other, and have good food. We were happy in every way. We had salads, chicken, pasta, and steak, and everyone was happy with their meal. I'm sure we'll go there again.Special Features:
- Cool vibe -GourmandlikesDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed Chef Geoff's. Fun bar scene with exceptional signature drinks. The wine list is thorough with a wide variety of choices. Entrees are tasteful and are perfect sized portions. Service was just right - there but not overly so. We'll go back and will recommend.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourHelpMeWanderDined on 10/10/2014Very vibrant and classy bar scene. Wide selection of draught beer and great food. Parking is a little bit of a walk, unless you want to use the Valet; if you self-park, watch for restricted parking spots or you will be towed. I just wish I didn't have to drive on Rt. 7 at rush hour to get here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumps up!KimTCDined on 10/7/2014Food was great! Staff was great! Absolutely no complaints.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014I am so happy there is a Chef Geoff in Virginia. Not having to go Downtown or Maryland is greatSpecial Features:
- Delicious business lunchNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love this place for a business lunch. The menu choices are varied and all are delicious. Not the same old borring choices either. Seasonal menu. I had the crab cake with jalepeno tarter sauce - fabulous. Others had the pumpkin gnocchi and the fish tacos. Cant wait to go back! Surprised they dont think of it first but you can adk for a black napkin so as not to get white lint on your clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CG's new Fall menu is awesome!MattVIPDined on 10/2/2014Not much more to say, the new menu screams "It's Fall!" We tried the amazing Seared Duck Breast with maple-bourbon sweet potatoes, cabbage, raspberry-orange sauce and the Seared Scallops with parsnip puree, chanterelles, truffle butter sauce...let's just say I would have licked the plate if I had not been on a date with my wife unit. Not sure where we found room for the Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding with salted caramel ice cream, but that was the perfect finish. Another excellent date night facilitated by the amazing folks at Chef Geoff's Tysons!Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!ReynoldsVIPDined on 9/29/2014Great stop for lunch...salmon on the greek salad...yummm!!Special Features:
- LoveLoveToEatDCVIPDined on 9/27/2014Love the service - always amazing and attentive. Good food with nice ambiance. Definitely one of our family's favorite places to go on the weekend. My kids' favorites: Cheeseburger, waffle with sausage, and mussels (from my plate). And if we are there on Sunday, we always start with an order of beignets. It's becoming a habit!Special Features:
- Delicious food/excellent serviceYumyumDined on 9/26/2014A wonderful experience!!! I recommend this restaurant for the delicious food and the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Service was good but food was average. Went for a special occasion and it was not memorable, just OK. Not a big deal but when leaving the valet brought the wrong car - kind of scary. Sure it was an innocent mistake but also was our dinner reservation.Special Features:
- A great night out.FrakasDined on 9/20/2014Took my three teenage kids out for a nice dinner, and this worked out perfectly. Everyone found something they liked, and we had a nice leisurely dinner. It was a bit noisy, but in a high energy way.Special Features:
- Chef Geoff's never disappointsEllenBVIPDined on 9/13/2014Service, ambience and energy are consistently delivered but menu offering and food even better than the norm on our last visit. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great nightTimmmillerDined on 9/12/2014We love Chef Geoff's and consider it one of our go-to restaurants in the neighborhood. We had some service challenges last time and heard back from the manager who made things right with us and we were happy to return. The menu is great and full of options and the fried calamari is the best in the area!Special Features:
- Great for lunchSplendidVIPDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed our lunch our waiter was especially good. The food was exceptional. I will definitely return again. And I'll bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and really good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014Stephen was our server and was very capable. Made good suggestions and really made our visit enjoyable. Food is consistently good here. We had the fish tacos and a salad for a late dinner after travel. Very good visit.Special Features:
- Pleasant NightDoubleDDined on 8/31/2014The food is excellent if a bit pricey. The waiter made a minor mistake (salad instead of sweet potato fries). He corrected his error without issue and rather quickly. I hear they have a good bar scene. I am just not into bars so I won't comment.Special Features:
- Never disappointsLCC6507Dined on 8/30/2014This is the go to place for my family, as it's between us. The menu changes just enough to keep it interesting, and we have never had a bad meal. The service is fabulous, from the valet to the servers.Special Features:
- good for business discussionsOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/29/2014Quiet and separate enough for a comfortable business lunch,Special Features: