Chef Geoff's Rockville
12256 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 2406213090x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar Bendeck
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: We can host your special events with a group of 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and more information.
A word from Chef Geoff's Rockville
The newest Chef Geoff's restaurant is the go-to destination on the Pike. Located across from Montrose Crossing, Chef Geoff's Rockville is the perfect spot for a business lunch or family dinner in a friendly and energetic atmosphere. Only minutes from the Strathmore, we're the perfect location for pre-theater dining. A three course Sunset Special is offered daily from 4-6:30 pm for $23.95. Need a break from work? There is no better place than our newly renovated bar for all-day happy hour Monday and Tuesday. Or join us for our ever-growing Bacon Bar on Wednesday and Thursday where we truly believe bacon goes great with everything. Have a case of the Mondays? We have the solution with ½ price bottles of wine every Monday. We are excited to finally be a part of your neighborhood and hope that you will come join us soon. Cheers! Chef GeoffContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chef Geoff's Rockville - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Chef Geoff's Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (139)special occasion (118)fit for foodies (114)great for lunch (109)good for groups (106)great for brunch (87)romantic (47)kid-friendly (39)great for outdoor dining (38)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (18)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food and selectionsJeanDined on 9/13/2014We had a dinner just my husband and I with our two young kids. The menu had something for everyone. The food was good and the wine list was great as well. Overall we enjoyed it very much and will go back again.Special Features:
- Kitchen Needs Oversight!!Dining4PleasureVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have been going to this place for years, since it opened. We ate there last Sunday at 4pm and both of us ordered Sunset Specials for $23.95 (three courses). I wrote my last review after previously being disappointed with the burned Chicken Milanese, the stringy dark meat Tortilla Soup, the overly-spiced Gazpacho and the overly-salted and bodiless fries. This time my wife ordered Spaghetti and Meatballs with Marinara Sauce. The sauce was watery and the spaghetti was so underdone that it clumped together on the plate. The waitress and manager changed her dish to mushroom ravioli (which is very good) but I was finished with my entree at that time. The restaurant apologized but offered no recompense for our inconvenience!! No class
- Perfect BrunchHappydiningDined on 9/7/2014The brunch options at CG are incredible. Hard to select among the options. Four of us had lovely meals.....when the bill came, we couldn't believe we had this lovely meal for less than $20 each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great menu for all and excellent service and really above average food especially the handling of seafood and best tuna around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful for family groupFairportDined on 9/6/2014I selected the restaurant because of location and the breadth of the menu. We had a large family group with several dietary restrictions and a variety of food preferences. The selection worked very well and everyone was pleased with their meals. The restaurant was fairly busy but it was quiet enough to allow for conversation. The service was very good - attentive without hovering. In particular, the server was very helpful with a medical food restriction so that our daughter had a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Yummy, but noisy&slow when crowdedExperiencedEaterDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I took my mother here for a special birthday dinner. Our server was very pleasant, but as the restaurant got crowded (about 30 minutes into our meal, the whole place was packed and very noisy) we hardly saw anybody and while my water was always full for the first 20 minutes or so, I couldn't find anybody to request more for the rest of the meal (except the sparse times the server came by). The food is delicious, albeit some dishes were a bit too rich or overly done with unnecessary extras. Shrimp with grits does not need to float in a bowl full of sauce, for example. I do want to comment that the choices for some of the items in this survey render it rather invalid by feeding the answers to the respondent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great disappointmentluvgoodfoodDined on 9/6/2014Although the on-line reviews were not very favorable, I wanted to give it a try (or didn't want to believe the reviews) as I had good experience at Chef's Geoff's other restaurants. Oh, what disappointment. We had ordered, fried calamari, beet salad, hamburger, hamburger sliders, steak and egg, wild mushroom omelets. Considering the prices, with Chef Geoff's reputation, none of the items had any distinctive taste or seasoning. Someone from the kitchen needs to taste. Chef Geoff should be ashamed to have his name associated. On service, it was slow, not engaging. While everyone was "cordial?" none came acrossed as engaging nor enthusiastic. I wanted it to be a good experience/good restaurant for us to return. I won't be returning.
- Standard of food ???OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Chef Geoff's Friday night for dinner. Felt that the standard of food had dropped. My wife ordered the Risotto with corn - but the chef put roasted corn in the risotto. The corn was as hard as stone and was just too much. Service is still outstanding and but I did not find the food as good as we had before.Special Features:
- All around amazingPaula621pDined on 9/5/2014This is a must fine restaurant. There is not a single negative thing to say. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Great As When It Opened!Dining4PleasureVIPDined on 9/5/2014When this restaurant first opened, everything was great! Now certain items seemed to have deteriorated in quality. For example, tortilla soup now has dark meat and odd chunks. Pepper bacon is not cured. It's just bacon sprinkled with pepper. Chicken milanese - bottom is always burned every time it's been ordered. The cinnamon donuts were burned - they never used to be. No one is watching what comes out of the kitchen, not like when you first opened. They are still oversalting their fries (order without salt). And they are not as thick as they used to be - sort of stringy and long with no body. The ravioli is very good. Jack and Virginia are great waiters. It's a shame. The kitchen need oversight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for special occasionsRoadwarrior67Dined on 9/2/2014We choose this location for most special family occasions. I live in VA. Our daughter lives in Rockville. We dine at Chef Geoff's Rockville location more than at any other restaurant. Food and service are always great. Menus are imaginative, tasty, and well presented. Hot and fresh. Server, Benjamin, is always friendly, helpful, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealGoodstuffDined on 9/1/2014we had my mother's birthday dinner here with a party of 12 (including a toddler) and the food was great and the service was outstanding from the entire staff. This is why we continue to celebrate and dine at this establishment. A job well done for sure.Special Features:
- Quality food, excellent serviceTomCDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I, along with another couple . . . all four of us really enjoyed our entrees and appetizers. Very good place to eat!!Special Features:
- Excellent Suburban ChoiceKayGeeDinerDined on 8/31/2014Great food with easy parking which avoids the hassles of going downtown. We had Sunday brunch with a friends & family group of nine and it suited us perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRandyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We returned to Chef Geoff's Rockville restaurant to tasty cocktails and the spicy plantains appetizer. we enjoyed half a rack or ribs, a veggie pizza and delicious chicken dish that were flawlessly presented. We plan to return soon to work our way down the unique cocktail list!Special Features:
- Good eatsTankDined on 8/24/2014Interesting twist on classic dishes. All was tasty but we most enjoyed the lamb and guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and predictableslowbikerDined on 8/23/2014A solid array of simple entrées. Does not attempt to be more than a friendly and affordable dining experience. Menu offered two specials; the rest was standard fare with pasta dishes, salads, burgers and fish. One member of party enjoyed Cobb Salad with Salmon. Salmon was grilled longer than was requested. Other member ordered Thick Pepperoni Pizza. Well prepared with thin, crispy crust, arugula and cherry tomatoes. No complaints. Service was friendly and attentive. All in all, an enjoyable if not memorable experience.Special Features:
- Never Fails to PleaseRandyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a return visit to Chef Geoff's. Our waitress, Virginia (from Maryland, she said!) was very pleasant and engaging, and enhanced our enjoyment of the food, which was delicious and each course was perfectly timed to our liking. We shared a soup and an appetizer and it was no problem. This restaurant aims to please and it does!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellent for lunchReliablyexcellentDined on 8/23/2014Given the wide range of choices in the Rockville area, you can't go wrong if you choose to go to Chef Geoff for lunch. Every time. ~BingSpecial Features:
- PastaJLPL24Dined on 8/21/2014Went here last minute for birthday, service is great, pasta dishes were fine and filling, I don't think I would go here for steak though, loved the ice cream and sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!AnneDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I ate at Chef Geoff's Rockville for the last night of Restaurant Week 2014. Everything on the menu was available for Restaurant Week making the food selection even more difficult because everything on the menu sounded so wonderful.The food was delicious as always, having enjoyed the spicy tomato-watermelon gazpacho, the simple and healthy trout and coconut sorbet. Service was top-notch, very attentive and professional. Would we go back, absolutely! Hopefully sooner than next year's Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- An unusual experienceLuluDined on 8/17/2014I've been to Chef Geoff Rockville several times and gave it high praise, but this time was clearly an off night, maybe because it was Restaurant Week and maybe because the server appeared harried. All previous experiences have been exceptional in part because the service was prompt and attentive, so maybe the fact that it was crowded colored our experience. This won't keep me from going there again, but it was a disappointment.Special Features:
- El AragoneseAfrikeberDined on 8/16/2014Waited too long for our sparkling water we were dying of thirst! We were ready to dig in and drink and eat and waitress diapered.Shrimp and grits was too saucy, Shrimp were overcooked and not enough grits not a balanced presentation. Only one spanish wine (tempranillo) perhaps a garnacha too? Spainish wine is in....Coffee was overpriced and not worth the 4.00 dollars a cup! the tuna tartar was exellent as presented portions were just right and very tasty. Dessert needs some fresh cake options not everyone wants ice cream with thier dessert. Key Lime was the only desirable dessert option that was not mundane and a good dessert I would recommend. Overall menu did not have entrees or dessert that jumped out at me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Service was decent. It was just that there were too many customers coming for restaurant week and they seemed not to have enough ppl so food serving is kind of slow.Special Features:
- A Restaurant Week Must!LovefoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014I think this is absolutely the best deal for restaurant week because there are no restrictions on the menu. So you get an appetizer or salad, plus an entree, plus a dessert for $20.14 for lunch. We eat here often anyway and love it. We did try some different foods this visit and found some new favorites, like the meatball sliders and crispy calamari. You won't be disappointed. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ValuehappydinerDined on 8/16/2014Our party of three had reserved a table for lunch during Restaurant Week. We were surprised that we could choose anything on the menu at the special price. Some of our first choices were, however, unavailable, so we had to switch to some others. The staff was very pleasant and cooperative. My gazpacho-watermelon soup was a bit too spicy, and my broccoli rabe arrived lukewarm. In both instances, the server wanted accommodate me, offering an alternative to the soup, and bringing me a serving of broccoli rabe to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysJoellVIPDined on 8/15/2014Yes it is, excellent as always. Yes, it was restaurant week, and yes, they had dinner specials, but it we will still be back week after week because of the great food and service.
- Attention to detail and qualityCupcakeDined on 8/15/2014We can depend on Chef Geoff's to give us a satisfying dining experience. I feel as if they really care about everything - the menu, the ambiance, and the service. The food is delicious. You can't go wrong eating here.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & great servicelouisDined on 8/15/2014We went for restaurant week, early Friday night and had a most delightful dinner. The beef medallions were cooked to perfection and the steak frittes were reminiscent of the oven roasted potatoes my mother made. Just terrific! The trout the my guest had was very nice along and the brocollini side vegetable was superb. We finished off with two marvelous desserts, a key lime pie with coconut ice cream and pineapple upside down cake. We always enjoy our meals at Chef Geoffs.Special Features:
- Poor serviceSadFoodieDined on 8/15/2014The menu selection is boring, not very creative. Highly recommended you not to go during off peak hours (3pm), you will get no service here. Our server Galen were constantly missing, it took him 30 mins to reach just to take our order. We had to constantly search for him to get the desert order and the check request. For a late lunch and nearly almost no customer, we had to spent 2 hrs to dine there. For the price you pay, I will not come back for sure with such poor service and weak selections.
- Enjoyable lunchMsMalemarDined on 8/14/2014My friends and I went to lunch for DC Restaurant Week. I loved that Chef Geoff's still served their regular menu and everything was regular portions. The food was delicious and interesting! My favorite was the tomato-watermellon gazpacho and their homemade sodas (it's kind of hidden on their main menu instead of the "libations" menu). Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food excellent serviceMatineeDined on 8/13/2014We went for restrurant week and were blown away by our choices unbelievable bargain!! I loved the trout and the fried green tomato brucheeta appetizer and the key lime pie with mango gelato. The service was the most at tentative I have ever experienced withoutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday38Dined on 8/13/2014Good food & good value from the Sunset Menu for $23.95. Attentive & helpful wait staff. Excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitGPELDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed excellent food and service (I think our server was Priscilla) on our first visit to Chef Geoff's Rockville. Pleasant setting, clean lines design and roomy. I tried the sunset menu (many choices) and my husband tried the Restaurant Week menu (choose from entire menu) and we were both very pleased with the food. Excellent quality ingredients, attractive presentations on all courses and a bottle of the house white wine was perfect for our meals. Server answered all our questions, paced the service well and was attentive but not intrusive. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Always goodNancyDined on 8/12/2014Chef Geoff always pleased with good food, competent servers, and great drinks. I enjoy meeting a friend there as much as I like taking a large business group there to dine. Everyone's always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster-Wishing it was betterWishingDined on 8/12/2014Sadly, we have eaten 4 times at the restaurant. Some dishes were really good, most have been just decent and unfortunately, none were outstanding.Special Features:
- great foodmk058Dined on 8/12/2014The food was very well prepared. I had the pork medallions with chemoula yogurt saucec and the pineapple upside down cake. They were great.The price for restaurant week and the three courses was a great bargain. Servers were very able to answer questions.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience Rest. WeekAj7841VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a great experience and value on Twilight (prefix menu before 630) option to do restaurant week and 1/2 price wine by the bottle on a Monday night. Priscilla was incredible helping us select an incredible wine at a good value to pair with our food that satisfied both of us. He customer service was incredible as she checked on us but did not hover and ensured that the team got us our food, got it right and we were totally satisfied.Special Features:
- Great meal in a nice setting.Snax69Dined on 8/10/2014We had a party of 5. First visit and I was somewhat hesitant due to so-so reviews online. We were seated promptly and service was very good. Water glasses always being refilled, empty plates being cleared, food delivered timely. Food was hot, tasty and flat out delicious. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time!JP2013VIPDined on 8/7/2014I went with a group of 6 and had a great time! I got the yellowfin tuna, which was delicious! My fiance kept eating the noodles that it came with since he liked them so much! The server was attentive as well.Special Features: