Chef Geoff's Rockville
12256 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 2406213090x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar Bendeck
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: We can host your special events with a group of 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and more information.
A word from Chef Geoff's Rockville
The newest Chef Geoff's restaurant is the go-to destination on the Pike. Located across from Montrose Crossing, Chef Geoff's Rockville is the perfect spot for a business lunch or family dinner in a friendly and energetic atmosphere. Only minutes from the Strathmore, we're the perfect location for pre-theater dining. A three course Sunset Special is offered daily from 4-6:30 pm for $23.95. Need a break from work? There is no better place than our newly renovated bar for all-day happy hour Monday and Tuesday. Or join us for our ever-growing Bacon Bar on Wednesday and Thursday where we truly believe bacon goes great with everything. Have a case of the Mondays? We have the solution with ½ price bottles of wine every Monday. We are excited to finally be a part of your neighborhood and hope that you will come join us soon. Cheers! Chef GeoffContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chef Geoff's Rockville - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Chef Geoff's Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
328 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (136)special occasion (110)fit for foodies (104)good for groups (104)great for lunch (103)great for brunch (76)romantic (43)notable wine list (36)kid-friendly (35)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (18)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- A favoriteLuluDined on 9/28/2014My son and I have been to this restaurant many times. We keep going back because it has good food choices, it's comfortable, the noise level is manageable. (i.e we can have a conversation) and the staff is welcoming. For this visit, it did seem as if the wait staff was stretched, so the usual level of attentiveness was compromised.Special Features:
- Tasty, very small portionsdtssfoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014I ordered a $28 asian-inspired soba noodle and vegetable dish with medium rare tuna. While it was very tasty, the serving of tuna was very small. Too small. Particularly for $28. Otherwise, I'd give the food four stars instead of the three I awarded it. Tasty bread too. And good service. Very nice outdoor patio seating as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Chef GeofflennyVIPDined on 9/28/2014A wonderful experience in every respect. Food, ambiance and service. Would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs HelpJACYVIPDined on 9/27/2014We prefer the Chef Geoff off of New Mexico avenue, and service is usually very good there. The Rockville location has consistently had poor service - and we've eaten at this one several times. Were hoping for a better experience this last time as we were with out of town family.Special Features:
- AW55Dined on 9/27/2014Beef tenderloins were great; not a fan of broccolini so our waiter recommended sauteed spinach which was a good substitute. My husband had the mussels that he said were outstanding.Special Features:
- MarvinVIPDined on 9/27/2014The best buy for the money in Montgomery County. Attention to details are sensationalSpecial Features:
- Bad night at Geoff'sNickDined on 9/27/2014Everything was off that nite. Ice cold air blasting at us all night - asked a number of times to change it. Food order mixed up, tired to explain to server but English was not his strong suit. dirty plates, empty glasses left on table all night, no bread basked offered, food just so-so made inedible by wintry blast of AC. Disappointing since we used to love going there. I guess it had to happen...
- Delicious food, excellent service!1989LFDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our 25th anniversary, they gave us champaign and the manager came to congratulated us! That was so nice! We love it! Everything was perfect the food, the service! We had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- comfort foodFoodGuruVIPDined on 9/23/2014I do believe they have one of the best hamburgers around. They have two types and both are great. Big, juicy (medium-rare) and lots of toppings at a great price. Their sweet-potato fries are really wonderful too...........
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Gave restaurant another try after a year and half hiatus. Food was awful--chicken tortilla soup had no taste & tortilla strips were soggy strips of flour floating in bowl. Two tiny pieces of chicken. Salad was awful as well.
- Excellent Again!HappyDinerDined on 9/21/2014Each time I've been too Chef Geoff's Rockville my experience has been wonderful. I have many food allergies and they have always made sure that my allergies are accommodated and that my food is excellent.Special Features:
- Not badPorkmedallionDined on 9/20/2014The food was between good and very good, but definitely not rapturous. A little loud, but not too hard to communicate. The ravioli was good.
- hammerDined on 9/20/2014A very disappointing experience. Our waiter was a dud who abandoned us for long periods and forgot our orders--for wine, lemonade, and then never came back to collect the check (I had to walk it up to the hostess desk). My kids burgers were deep pink inside after we had asked for well done and it took forever to recook them. Even though the manager was apologetic about our experience and gave us a discount, it did not eliminate the bad taste in our mouths. We will not be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I made reservations and due to the fact that I did not expect the restaurant to be in a shopping center I was a little late and they gave our table away. We ended up eating outside. The trout that I ordered was a very small portion and it was kind of dry. I was hungry after dinner. The food was not that good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent as well as service. I gave a baby shower luncheon for 10 people and was extremely happy with service received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 9/17/2014A great value from top to bottom . Attention to details, service, food and special requests are sensational.Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014I had the Eggs Henry and my friend had the Benedict BLT. Both were good but nothing spectacular. Our waiter was very patient as two old friends spent more time talking that reviewing the menu or eating. I'd go back again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and selectionsJeanDined on 9/13/2014We had a dinner just my husband and I with our two young kids. The menu had something for everyone. The food was good and the wine list was great as well. Overall we enjoyed it very much and will go back again.Special Features:
- Kitchen Needs Oversight!!Dining4PleasureVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have been going to this place for years, since it opened. We ate there last Sunday at 4pm and both of us ordered Sunset Specials for $23.95 (three courses). I wrote my last review after previously being disappointed with the burned Chicken Milanese, the stringy dark meat Tortilla Soup, the overly-spiced Gazpacho and the overly-salted and bodiless fries. This time my wife ordered Spaghetti and Meatballs with Marinara Sauce. The sauce was watery and the spaghetti was so underdone that it clumped together on the plate. The waitress and manager changed her dish to mushroom ravioli (which is very good) but I was finished with my entree at that time. The restaurant apologized but offered no recompense for our inconvenience!! No class
- Perfect BrunchHappydiningDined on 9/7/2014The brunch options at CG are incredible. Hard to select among the options. Four of us had lovely meals.....when the bill came, we couldn't believe we had this lovely meal for less than $20 each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great menu for all and excellent service and really above average food especially the handling of seafood and best tuna around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful for family groupFairportDined on 9/6/2014I selected the restaurant because of location and the breadth of the menu. We had a large family group with several dietary restrictions and a variety of food preferences. The selection worked very well and everyone was pleased with their meals. The restaurant was fairly busy but it was quiet enough to allow for conversation. The service was very good - attentive without hovering. In particular, the server was very helpful with a medical food restriction so that our daughter had a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Yummy, but noisy&slow when crowdedExperiencedEaterDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I took my mother here for a special birthday dinner. Our server was very pleasant, but as the restaurant got crowded (about 30 minutes into our meal, the whole place was packed and very noisy) we hardly saw anybody and while my water was always full for the first 20 minutes or so, I couldn't find anybody to request more for the rest of the meal (except the sparse times the server came by). The food is delicious, albeit some dishes were a bit too rich or overly done with unnecessary extras. Shrimp with grits does not need to float in a bowl full of sauce, for example. I do want to comment that the choices for some of the items in this survey render it rather invalid by feeding the answers to the respondent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great disappointmentluvgoodfoodDined on 9/6/2014Although the on-line reviews were not very favorable, I wanted to give it a try (or didn't want to believe the reviews) as I had good experience at Chef's Geoff's other restaurants. Oh, what disappointment. We had ordered, fried calamari, beet salad, hamburger, hamburger sliders, steak and egg, wild mushroom omelets. Considering the prices, with Chef Geoff's reputation, none of the items had any distinctive taste or seasoning. Someone from the kitchen needs to taste. Chef Geoff should be ashamed to have his name associated. On service, it was slow, not engaging. While everyone was "cordial?" none came acrossed as engaging nor enthusiastic. I wanted it to be a good experience/good restaurant for us to return. I won't be returning.
- Standard of food ???OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Went to Chef Geoff's Friday night for dinner. Felt that the standard of food had dropped. My wife ordered the Risotto with corn - but the chef put roasted corn in the risotto. The corn was as hard as stone and was just too much. Service is still outstanding and but I did not find the food as good as we had before.Special Features:
- All around amazingPaula621pDined on 9/5/2014This is a must fine restaurant. There is not a single negative thing to say. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Great As When It Opened!Dining4PleasureVIPDined on 9/5/2014When this restaurant first opened, everything was great! Now certain items seemed to have deteriorated in quality. For example, tortilla soup now has dark meat and odd chunks. Pepper bacon is not cured. It's just bacon sprinkled with pepper. Chicken milanese - bottom is always burned every time it's been ordered. The cinnamon donuts were burned - they never used to be. No one is watching what comes out of the kitchen, not like when you first opened. They are still oversalting their fries (order without salt). And they are not as thick as they used to be - sort of stringy and long with no body. The ravioli is very good. Jack and Virginia are great waiters. It's a shame. The kitchen need oversight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for special occasionsRoadwarrior67Dined on 9/2/2014We choose this location for most special family occasions. I live in VA. Our daughter lives in Rockville. We dine at Chef Geoff's Rockville location more than at any other restaurant. Food and service are always great. Menus are imaginative, tasty, and well presented. Hot and fresh. Server, Benjamin, is always friendly, helpful, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealGoodstuffDined on 9/1/2014we had my mother's birthday dinner here with a party of 12 (including a toddler) and the food was great and the service was outstanding from the entire staff. This is why we continue to celebrate and dine at this establishment. A job well done for sure.Special Features:
- Quality food, excellent serviceTomCDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I, along with another couple . . . all four of us really enjoyed our entrees and appetizers. Very good place to eat!!Special Features:
- Excellent Suburban ChoiceKayGeeDinerDined on 8/31/2014Great food with easy parking which avoids the hassles of going downtown. We had Sunday brunch with a friends & family group of nine and it suited us perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and drinksClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of my fav places in the area. The drink menu has some really good and interesting drinks. This visit had another wonderful change in menu. Starters were awesome. Chicken, shrimp dishes were really good. Flavors were spot on. Went to bar after dinner and it was full. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRandyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We returned to Chef Geoff's Rockville restaurant to tasty cocktails and the spicy plantains appetizer. we enjoyed half a rack or ribs, a veggie pizza and delicious chicken dish that were flawlessly presented. We plan to return soon to work our way down the unique cocktail list!Special Features:
- Good eatsTankDined on 8/24/2014Interesting twist on classic dishes. All was tasty but we most enjoyed the lamb and guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and predictableslowbikerDined on 8/23/2014A solid array of simple entrées. Does not attempt to be more than a friendly and affordable dining experience. Menu offered two specials; the rest was standard fare with pasta dishes, salads, burgers and fish. One member of party enjoyed Cobb Salad with Salmon. Salmon was grilled longer than was requested. Other member ordered Thick Pepperoni Pizza. Well prepared with thin, crispy crust, arugula and cherry tomatoes. No complaints. Service was friendly and attentive. All in all, an enjoyable if not memorable experience.Special Features:
- Never Fails to PleaseRandyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a return visit to Chef Geoff's. Our waitress, Virginia (from Maryland, she said!) was very pleasant and engaging, and enhanced our enjoyment of the food, which was delicious and each course was perfectly timed to our liking. We shared a soup and an appetizer and it was no problem. This restaurant aims to please and it does!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellent for lunchReliablyexcellentDined on 8/23/2014Given the wide range of choices in the Rockville area, you can't go wrong if you choose to go to Chef Geoff for lunch. Every time. ~BingSpecial Features:
- PastaJLPL24Dined on 8/21/2014Went here last minute for birthday, service is great, pasta dishes were fine and filling, I don't think I would go here for steak though, loved the ice cream and sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!AnneDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I ate at Chef Geoff's Rockville for the last night of Restaurant Week 2014. Everything on the menu was available for Restaurant Week making the food selection even more difficult because everything on the menu sounded so wonderful.The food was delicious as always, having enjoyed the spicy tomato-watermelon gazpacho, the simple and healthy trout and coconut sorbet. Service was top-notch, very attentive and professional. Would we go back, absolutely! Hopefully sooner than next year's Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- An unusual experienceLuluDined on 8/17/2014I've been to Chef Geoff Rockville several times and gave it high praise, but this time was clearly an off night, maybe because it was Restaurant Week and maybe because the server appeared harried. All previous experiences have been exceptional in part because the service was prompt and attentive, so maybe the fact that it was crowded colored our experience. This won't keep me from going there again, but it was a disappointment.Special Features: