Chef Geoff's Rockville
12256 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 2406213090x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar Bendeck
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: We can host your special events with a group of 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and more information.
A word from Chef Geoff's Rockville
The newest Chef Geoff's restaurant is the go-to destination on the Pike. Located across from Montrose Crossing, Chef Geoff's Rockville is the perfect spot for a business lunch or family dinner in a friendly and energetic atmosphere. Only minutes from the Strathmore, we're the perfect location for pre-theater dining. A three course Sunset Special is offered daily from 4-6:30 pm for $23.95. Need a break from work? There is no better place than our newly renovated bar for all-day happy hour Monday and Tuesday. Or join us for our ever-growing Bacon Bar on Wednesday and Thursday where we truly believe bacon goes great with everything. Have a case of the Mondays? We have the solution with ½ price bottles of wine every Monday. We are excited to finally be a part of your neighborhood and hope that you will come join us soon. Cheers! Chef GeoffContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chef Geoff's Rockville - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Chef Geoff's Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
386 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (148)special occasion (134)fit for foodies (121)great for lunch (121)good for groups (111)great for brunch (94)romantic (53)notable wine list (42)vibrant bar scene (40)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (37)hot spot (24)late-night find (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Interesting twist on classic dishes. All was tasty but we most enjoyed the lamb and guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and predictableslowbikerDined on 8/23/2014A solid array of simple entrées. Does not attempt to be more than a friendly and affordable dining experience. Menu offered two specials; the rest was standard fare with pasta dishes, salads, burgers and fish. One member of party enjoyed Cobb Salad with Salmon. Salmon was grilled longer than was requested. Other member ordered Thick Pepperoni Pizza. Well prepared with thin, crispy crust, arugula and cherry tomatoes. No complaints. Service was friendly and attentive. All in all, an enjoyable if not memorable experience.Special Features:
- Never Fails to PleaseRandyVIPDined on 8/23/2014This is a return visit to Chef Geoff's. Our waitress, Virginia (from Maryland, she said!) was very pleasant and engaging, and enhanced our enjoyment of the food, which was delicious and each course was perfectly timed to our liking. We shared a soup and an appetizer and it was no problem. This restaurant aims to please and it does!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellent for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Given the wide range of choices in the Rockville area, you can't go wrong if you choose to go to Chef Geoff for lunch. Every time. ~BingSpecial Features:
- PastaJLPL24Dined on 8/21/2014Went here last minute for birthday, service is great, pasta dishes were fine and filling, I don't think I would go here for steak though, loved the ice cream and sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!AnneDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I ate at Chef Geoff's Rockville for the last night of Restaurant Week 2014. Everything on the menu was available for Restaurant Week making the food selection even more difficult because everything on the menu sounded so wonderful.The food was delicious as always, having enjoyed the spicy tomato-watermelon gazpacho, the simple and healthy trout and coconut sorbet. Service was top-notch, very attentive and professional. Would we go back, absolutely! Hopefully sooner than next year's Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- An unusual experienceLuluDined on 8/17/2014I've been to Chef Geoff Rockville several times and gave it high praise, but this time was clearly an off night, maybe because it was Restaurant Week and maybe because the server appeared harried. All previous experiences have been exceptional in part because the service was prompt and attentive, so maybe the fact that it was crowded colored our experience. This won't keep me from going there again, but it was a disappointment.Special Features:
- El AragoneseAfrikeberDined on 8/16/2014Waited too long for our sparkling water we were dying of thirst! We were ready to dig in and drink and eat and waitress diapered.Shrimp and grits was too saucy, Shrimp were overcooked and not enough grits not a balanced presentation. Only one spanish wine (tempranillo) perhaps a garnacha too? Spainish wine is in....Coffee was overpriced and not worth the 4.00 dollars a cup! the tuna tartar was exellent as presented portions were just right and very tasty. Dessert needs some fresh cake options not everyone wants ice cream with thier dessert. Key Lime was the only desirable dessert option that was not mundane and a good dessert I would recommend. Overall menu did not have entrees or dessert that jumped out at me.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Service was decent. It was just that there were too many customers coming for restaurant week and they seemed not to have enough ppl so food serving is kind of slow.Special Features:
- A Restaurant Week Must!LovefoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014I think this is absolutely the best deal for restaurant week because there are no restrictions on the menu. So you get an appetizer or salad, plus an entree, plus a dessert for $20.14 for lunch. We eat here often anyway and love it. We did try some different foods this visit and found some new favorites, like the meatball sliders and crispy calamari. You won't be disappointed. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ValuehappydinerDined on 8/16/2014Our party of three had reserved a table for lunch during Restaurant Week. We were surprised that we could choose anything on the menu at the special price. Some of our first choices were, however, unavailable, so we had to switch to some others. The staff was very pleasant and cooperative. My gazpacho-watermelon soup was a bit too spicy, and my broccoli rabe arrived lukewarm. In both instances, the server wanted accommodate me, offering an alternative to the soup, and bringing me a serving of broccoli rabe to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysJoellVIPDined on 8/15/2014Yes it is, excellent as always. Yes, it was restaurant week, and yes, they had dinner specials, but it we will still be back week after week because of the great food and service.
- Attention to detail and qualityCupcakeDined on 8/15/2014We can depend on Chef Geoff's to give us a satisfying dining experience. I feel as if they really care about everything - the menu, the ambiance, and the service. The food is delicious. You can't go wrong eating here.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & great servicelouisDined on 8/15/2014We went for restaurant week, early Friday night and had a most delightful dinner. The beef medallions were cooked to perfection and the steak frittes were reminiscent of the oven roasted potatoes my mother made. Just terrific! The trout the my guest had was very nice along and the brocollini side vegetable was superb. We finished off with two marvelous desserts, a key lime pie with coconut ice cream and pineapple upside down cake. We always enjoy our meals at Chef Geoffs.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The menu selection is boring, not very creative. Highly recommended you not to go during off peak hours (3pm), you will get no service here. Our server Galen were constantly missing, it took him 30 mins to reach just to take our order. We had to constantly search for him to get the desert order and the check request. For a late lunch and nearly almost no customer, we had to spent 2 hrs to dine there. For the price you pay, I will not come back for sure with such poor service and weak selections.
- Enjoyable lunchMsMalemarDined on 8/14/2014My friends and I went to lunch for DC Restaurant Week. I loved that Chef Geoff's still served their regular menu and everything was regular portions. The food was delicious and interesting! My favorite was the tomato-watermellon gazpacho and their homemade sodas (it's kind of hidden on their main menu instead of the "libations" menu). Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food excellent serviceMatineeDined on 8/13/2014We went for restrurant week and were blown away by our choices unbelievable bargain!! I loved the trout and the fried green tomato brucheeta appetizer and the key lime pie with mango gelato. The service was the most at tentative I have ever experienced withoutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday38Dined on 8/13/2014Good food & good value from the Sunset Menu for $23.95. Attentive & helpful wait staff. Excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitGPELDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed excellent food and service (I think our server was Priscilla) on our first visit to Chef Geoff's Rockville. Pleasant setting, clean lines design and roomy. I tried the sunset menu (many choices) and my husband tried the Restaurant Week menu (choose from entire menu) and we were both very pleased with the food. Excellent quality ingredients, attractive presentations on all courses and a bottle of the house white wine was perfect for our meals. Server answered all our questions, paced the service well and was attentive but not intrusive. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Always goodNancyDined on 8/12/2014Chef Geoff always pleased with good food, competent servers, and great drinks. I enjoy meeting a friend there as much as I like taking a large business group there to dine. Everyone's always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster-Wishing it was betterWishingDined on 8/12/2014Sadly, we have eaten 4 times at the restaurant. Some dishes were really good, most have been just decent and unfortunately, none were outstanding.Special Features:
- great foodmk058Dined on 8/12/2014The food was very well prepared. I had the pork medallions with chemoula yogurt saucec and the pineapple upside down cake. They were great.The price for restaurant week and the three courses was a great bargain. Servers were very able to answer questions.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience Rest. WeekAj7841VIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a great experience and value on Twilight (prefix menu before 630) option to do restaurant week and 1/2 price wine by the bottle on a Monday night. Priscilla was incredible helping us select an incredible wine at a good value to pair with our food that satisfied both of us. He customer service was incredible as she checked on us but did not hover and ensured that the team got us our food, got it right and we were totally satisfied.Special Features:
- Great meal in a nice setting.Snax69Dined on 8/10/2014We had a party of 5. First visit and I was somewhat hesitant due to so-so reviews online. We were seated promptly and service was very good. Water glasses always being refilled, empty plates being cleared, food delivered timely. Food was hot, tasty and flat out delicious. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time!JP2013VIPDined on 8/7/2014I went with a group of 6 and had a great time! I got the yellowfin tuna, which was delicious! My fiance kept eating the noodles that it came with since he liked them so much! The server was attentive as well.Special Features:
- Food variable, service pretty goodStonewallDined on 8/6/2014Two diners had dried out rainbow trout. I, for the most part, enjoyed my mushroom ravioli. My gazpacho was a little "spicy". Enjoyment of the key lime pie desert varied. I liked - several others thought it was so-so. When I booked, I asked for quiet area that enabled conversation - was seated in middle of quite a bit of hub-bub. Lighting was so poor with single small candle in middle of table and not much from above that most of our party had difficulty viewing menu. One diner had excessive french fries, and not too tasty. Jennifer, our waitress, triwed her best, but some food was slow coming out from kitchen.
- Longest MealFromDCVIPDined on 8/6/2014Had a group of 8. They took our dinner order. They lost our order. We had to ask the manager about our order. Our food came out 45 minutes later. I think they have just grown to fast.
- birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014I had a very nice birthday lunch with co-workers. All dietary requests were handled very courteously. The food was very good, and the ambiance was comfortable. I was upset that a group of 6 was not able to be accommodated on the patio, as it was a nice day, and we would have enjoyed eating outside.Special Features:
- Ehhh..columbmnDined on 8/6/2014I had a group of 10 w/ a reservation and we were seated at approx. noon. The server took our drink orders and everything was going smoothly. Our drinks came, but then our server walked away and didn't take our order. After approx. thirty additional minutes our server came back all flustered. I think she forgot we were there! She apologized and took our order, but at that point we were all hangry. Our lunch took about 2hrs and 15 mins! The food was great, but the service just was poor. CG Tysons Corner is much better.
- MarvinVIPDined on 8/4/2014The handling of seafood, especially the fish dishes are as good as they get. Nice to find a restaurant where you are more than welcomed but truly appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place in RockvilleJosefGDined on 8/4/2014I have been coming to NFCU branch for quite sometime and finally decided to check out this place. it was nice, food was good and drinks were acceptable. if you come between 4-630pm monday till friday you get their sunset special for $23 per person for three course meal. Not bad price for DC Metro. Overall good impression but nothing particular special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well polishedsizzleVIPDined on 8/3/2014first time having a full meal at chef geoff's, had brunch and it was a very polished experience. runner was excellent. hostess was very professional and kind. the ambiance is very nice: fresh, airy, upgraded country. food was nothing super-fancy but a solid, neatly-presented meal, their sauces are good, and enjoyed my experience overall. will perhaps come back to try a dinner.Special Features:
- Food was greatshubie06Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great as usual, but the service was subpar compared to the usual Chef Geoff's experience. The waiter seemed inexperienced and had trouble opening the bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Diners RemorseOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2014After a way over the top welcome and effervescent description of menu items from our waiter (to include what he will be eating later) he proceeded to disappear for most of the remainder of the meal leaving our drink glasses unfilled and our desire for additional condiments unattended to. My sons meatball pizza was 30% meatball topping and 70% red pepper topping. If the waiter would of stopped by he would of seen that his meal was not being enjoyed. My meal was average and we left the restaurant wishing we had simply eating at home. Eating out should be special and good and relaxing, this is our first and last visit to the less than mediocre Chef Geoff's
- ExcellenceJakeyBearDined on 7/29/2014I took my wife there for our anniversary. It was our first time at Chef Geoff's. The food was great. We liked we had time between our appetizer, main course, and desert. We did not feel rushed and got to enjoy the dining experience. Our waitress was great as well. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysJoellVIPDined on 7/29/2014Celebrated my fiance's birthday, and we had an amazing meal as always. They added 2 new items on their dessert menu, and we tried them both and were delicious!!! We Love Chef Geoff's that's why we're there weekly!!!Special Features:
- Nice...but could be betterfoodie4everDined on 7/29/2014The food at a restaurant trumps everything, including ambience and service, and at Chef Geoff's, the ambience and service we received was above average, but the two of us were a little disappointed by the food. First the house frites for a $6 "snack" was nothing more than some soggy fries served with some ketchup (it's supposed to come with mustard aioli...which we had to ask for afterwards). The fries at Five Guys are so much better and a better value at $3.29 for a whole lot more. As for the main entrees, the dishes (fish stew and linguine with clams) were very nicely arranged, but way too salty for our taste, and the quantity of food was on the low side...we were still hungry afterwards.Special Features:
- consistent meal and servicemavenVIPDined on 7/28/2014very consistent menu and service that works for many food tastes and sophisticated or not sophisticated tastes.Special Features:
- good food and serviceRowdaddyVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went back to Chef Geoff's for a second time this week and had a very good time. The service was very good, our server was Virginia, she was attentive and pleasant. The food was also very good. I suspect that the restaurant was unusually quiet because it was both Sunday night and the end of July when many leave the Washington area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Linguine tasted more like Alfredo, pasta was overcooked. Not what I expected from a high end restaurant.