Chef Geoff's Rockville
12256 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 2406213090x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar Bendeck
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: We can host your special events with a group of 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
A word from Chef Geoff's Rockville
The newest Chef Geoff's restaurant is the go-to destination on the Pike. Located across from Montrose Crossing, Chef Geoff's Rockville is the perfect spot for a business lunch or family dinner in a friendly and energetic atmosphere. Only minutes from the Strathmore, we're the perfect location for pre-theater dining. A three course Sunset Special is offered daily from 4-6:30 pm for $23.95. Need a break from work? There is no better place than our newly renovated bar for all-day happy hour Monday and Tuesday. Or join us for our ever-growing Bacon Bar on Wednesday and Thursday where we truly believe bacon goes great with everything. Have a case of the Mondays? We have the solution with ½ price bottles of wine every Monday. We are excited to finally be a part of your neighborhood and hope that you will come join us soon. Cheers! Chef GeoffContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chef Geoff's Rockville - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Chef Geoff's Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (127)fit for foodies (97)good for groups (97)great for lunch (93)special occasion (92)great for brunch (64)romantic (34)vibrant bar scene (31)notable wine list (30)kid-friendly (28)great for outdoor dining (28)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- Very disappointing, food declinedLeslVIPDined on 10/28/2014Very disappointing meal, not up to previous quality.
- Good appetizers, so-so main courseMargaritaDined on 10/25/2014The cocktail I had was so refreshing -- spa nectar, with vodka, cucumber, ginger and mint -- and the calamari was crunchy and delicious, as was the guacamole with sweet plantain chips. However, the cioppino -- tomato broth with seafood -- needed more seasoning and it was all piled on top of the grilled sourdough which made the bread so soggy as to be inedible. Service was confusing, with our original waiter disappearing, with another waiter taking over, and then the original waiter suddenly reappeared, and then the second waiter finally took over completely, all with no explanation.Special Features:
- Another Great LunchShellDined on 10/22/2014Our office comes here for lunch and happy hour quite often. We are never disappointed with the food or service. Great place for a business lunch or time away with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Three friends met at Chef Geoff's Monday evening to catch-up. It was also 1/2 price bottle of wine night! We had a wonderful visit, great food & wine, great service and a very leisurely visit. I would highly recommend Chef Geoff's to anyone looking for a nice dinner, moderately priced, with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGyank23Dined on 10/20/2014Chef Geoff supporter, however tonite VERY DISAPPOINTING. Service very slow_disjointed. Menu limited_ No specials mentioned when they were available from listening to other wait servers. No recognition of special occasion. NOT MEMORABLE - Hesitant to returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- New choiceprestoVIPDined on 10/20/2014First visit to this location was a pleasant experience. Staff was very professional. Lunch was served promptly.Special Features:
- Superb Service and FoodLarryVIPDined on 10/20/2014My two colleagues and I were very pleased with our lunch selections, entrees and appetizers, and the service. We were impressed with the warm welcome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & CocktailsLarryVIPDined on 10/19/2014We made a shared meal from a big salad, several appetizers and a pizza; it was all very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburban brunchCMuciusVIPDined on 10/19/2014A bit pricey, decent food, so-so menu (for my taste), good service.
- Very responsive staffFanofculinaryartsVIPDined on 10/18/2014When we were seated, the wait person serving our area was occupied by a large group spread over three or four tables. One of the management team, not exactly sure of her regular responsibilities, came to our table, explained the situation and became our defacto server for the evening. Well handled, no fuss. Food was good, as always, and the service enjoyable. All in all, a good evening, making it easy to recommend Chef Geoff's (Rockville) to friends.Special Features:
- MarvinVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great service from greeting staff to servers to kitchen. Wonderful handling of rib eye steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Seasonal MenustinkyDined on 10/16/2014The pan roasted chicken breast was delicious. The accompanying roasted vegetable combination, especially the autumn squash, was outstanding and imparted a rich flavor. The salmon with lentils, Brussels sprouts, and bacon-apple sauce was also well received.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Food service was slow from the kitchen--not the server's fault. EverythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayRScheir01VIPDined on 10/14/2014It was okay but nothing spectacular or noteworthy.Special Features:
- Local Favoritedrf828Dined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is my go to when friends are visiting from out of town. It's close to the house, the food is good and they have an excellent wine list and bar scene. I recommend highly.Special Features:
- Nice placeBobhasanopinionDined on 10/10/2014We liked the facility, the menu, and the service. We especially liked that we got out of there for right at $100 plus tip (but we had no alcohol) for five hungry adults. We got seated fast, served fast, all with a smile. Very good place just a little short of fantastic. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner With FriendsJaxonDined on 10/6/2014Four of us met at the restaurant to acknowledge a birthday. The place was not very busy on a Monday night, but filled up as the evening progressed. We sat in a comfortable booth and received frequent attention from the wait staff. Seasonal menu was diverse without being too busy. Cocktails were good and creative, especially those new for the fall season. Our waiter was very attentive and prompt. Food was very good. We enjoyed the Plantain and Guacamole. Entrees: burgers, pasta and fish dishes. Everyone was more than satisfied with their order ... preparation, portion size and presentation. We passed on dessert. Only glitch was we informed the restaurant through Open Table of the birthday but it was ignored or didn't register.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another excellent mealneurodrewDined on 10/5/2014Impressive beer and wine list, creative and fresh food, we have been to Chef Geoff's at least 3 times with satisfaction each time. The service seemed a bit slow on Sunday, as though the restaurant was understaffedSpecial Features:
- delightful dinnerninaDined on 10/4/2014The trout was an incredible taste treat. I love when lots of different flavors are well married in a dish, making a taste sensation - party in my mouth. The manager is a gem - Stephanie. Truly a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good for Working LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I recently met a colleague for a "working" lunch at the Rockville location. The spacing between tables was just right for having a work-related conversation. The food was good and the service was excellent. We will use this restaurant location again for future meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteLuluDined on 9/28/2014My son and I have been to this restaurant many times. We keep going back because it has good food choices, it's comfortable, the noise level is manageable. (i.e we can have a conversation) and the staff is welcoming. For this visit, it did seem as if the wait staff was stretched, so the usual level of attentiveness was compromised.Special Features:
- Tasty, very small portionsdtssfoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014I ordered a $28 asian-inspired soba noodle and vegetable dish with medium rare tuna. While it was very tasty, the serving of tuna was very small. Too small. Particularly for $28. Otherwise, I'd give the food four stars instead of the three I awarded it. Tasty bread too. And good service. Very nice outdoor patio seating as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Chef GeofflennyVIPDined on 9/28/2014A wonderful experience in every respect. Food, ambiance and service. Would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs HelpJACYVIPDined on 9/27/2014We prefer the Chef Geoff off of New Mexico avenue, and service is usually very good there. The Rockville location has consistently had poor service - and we've eaten at this one several times. Were hoping for a better experience this last time as we were with out of town family.Special Features:
- AW55Dined on 9/27/2014Beef tenderloins were great; not a fan of broccolini so our waiter recommended sauteed spinach which was a good substitute. My husband had the mussels that he said were outstanding.Special Features:
- Never again!FoodienotfooledDined on 9/27/2014We were seated immediately. The waiter came right over and we were served sparkling water upon request. We then ordered individual glasses of wine and appetizers and let the server know about the bottle we wished to have with our dinner. 15 minutes later the server came back to ask us for our dinner orders. 20 minutes later, no glasses of wine or sight of our appetizers. After being seated 1 hour our wine and appetizers came to the table. In the meantime, a party of 7 came in and were seated next to us. At one point they had 4 people waiting on them. 1 1/2 hrs. after being seated, our meal came but without our bottle of wine. The manager was helpful but it was too late. Too loud, poor service, mediocre food, too many apologies.
- MarvinVIPDined on 9/27/2014The best buy for the money in Montgomery County. Attention to details are sensationalSpecial Features:
- Bad night at Geoff'sNickDined on 9/27/2014Everything was off that nite. Ice cold air blasting at us all night - asked a number of times to change it. Food order mixed up, tired to explain to server but English was not his strong suit. dirty plates, empty glasses left on table all night, no bread basked offered, food just so-so made inedible by wintry blast of AC. Disappointing since we used to love going there. I guess it had to happen...
- Delicious food, excellent service!1989LFDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our 25th anniversary, they gave us champaign and the manager came to congratulated us! That was so nice! We love it! Everything was perfect the food, the service! We had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- comfort foodFoodGuruVIPDined on 9/23/2014I do believe they have one of the best hamburgers around. They have two types and both are great. Big, juicy (medium-rare) and lots of toppings at a great price. Their sweet-potato fries are really wonderful too...........
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Gave restaurant another try after a year and half hiatus. Food was awful--chicken tortilla soup had no taste & tortilla strips were soggy strips of flour floating in bowl. Two tiny pieces of chicken. Salad was awful as well.
- Excellent Again!HappyDinerDined on 9/21/2014Each time I've been too Chef Geoff's Rockville my experience has been wonderful. I have many food allergies and they have always made sure that my allergies are accommodated and that my food is excellent.Special Features:
- Not badPorkmedallionDined on 9/20/2014The food was between good and very good, but definitely not rapturous. A little loud, but not too hard to communicate. The ravioli was good.
- hammerDined on 9/20/2014A very disappointing experience. Our waiter was a dud who abandoned us for long periods and forgot our orders--for wine, lemonade, and then never came back to collect the check (I had to walk it up to the hostess desk). My kids burgers were deep pink inside after we had asked for well done and it took forever to recook them. Even though the manager was apologetic about our experience and gave us a discount, it did not eliminate the bad taste in our mouths. We will not be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I made reservations and due to the fact that I did not expect the restaurant to be in a shopping center I was a little late and they gave our table away. We ended up eating outside. The trout that I ordered was a very small portion and it was kind of dry. I was hungry after dinner. The food was not that good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent as well as service. I gave a baby shower luncheon for 10 people and was extremely happy with service received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 9/17/2014A great value from top to bottom . Attention to details, service, food and special requests are sensational.Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014I had the Eggs Henry and my friend had the Benedict BLT. Both were good but nothing spectacular. Our waiter was very patient as two old friends spent more time talking that reviewing the menu or eating. I'd go back again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and selectionsJeanDined on 9/13/2014We had a dinner just my husband and I with our two young kids. The menu had something for everyone. The food was good and the wine list was great as well. Overall we enjoyed it very much and will go back again.Special Features:
- Kitchen Needs Oversight!!Dining4PleasureVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have been going to this place for years, since it opened. We ate there last Sunday at 4pm and both of us ordered Sunset Specials for $23.95 (three courses). I wrote my last review after previously being disappointed with the burned Chicken Milanese, the stringy dark meat Tortilla Soup, the overly-spiced Gazpacho and the overly-salted and bodiless fries. This time my wife ordered Spaghetti and Meatballs with Marinara Sauce. The sauce was watery and the spaghetti was so underdone that it clumped together on the plate. The waitress and manager changed her dish to mushroom ravioli (which is very good) but I was finished with my entree at that time. The restaurant apologized but offered no recompense for our inconvenience!! No class