Chef Geoff's Rockville
12256 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's Rockville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: (240) 621-3090
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt McCoshum
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Geoff's knows how to throw a party! We can host events from 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: We can host your special events with a group of 10 to 300 people. Contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and more information.
A word from Chef Geoff's Rockville
The newest Chef Geoff's restaurant is the go-to destination on the Pike. Located across from Montrose Crossing, Chef Geoff's Rockville is the perfect spot for a business lunch or family dinner in a friendly and energetic atmosphere. Only minutes from the Strathmore, we're the perfect location for pre-theater dining. A three course Sunset Special is offered daily from 4-6:30 pm for $23.95. Need a break from work? There is no better place than our newly renovated bar for all-day happy hour Monday and Tuesday. Or join us for our ever-growing Bacon Bar on Wednesday and Thursday where we truly believe bacon goes great with everything. Have a case of the Mondays? We have the solution with ½ price bottles of wine every Monday. We are excited to finally be a part of your neighborhood and hope that you will come join us soon. Cheers! Chef GeoffContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's Rockville reviews from OpenTable diners
296 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (117)fit for foodies (105)good for groups (103)special occasion (89)great for lunch (87)great for brunch (56)romantic (33)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (31)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)scenic view (3)Show More
- good place for a good mealkarenVIPDined on 11/16/2014interesting menu -- some dishes great, others ordinary -- but all well prepared and presented ---servers are attentive, most are knowledgable --- adequate wine list -- long list of beer on tap -- somewhat pricy, but not overly soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude waiter. Way overpricedkkimber19VIPDined on 11/14/2014Don't bother. Many of chefs other locations are much better. Our service was terrible. The food sub par.
- Connors 21stchrisfoodDined on 11/10/2014Very nice dinner nice table setting interesting menu prepared just right nice view from our tableSpecial Features:
- Shockingly disappointingSadnightDined on 11/8/2014Waiter seemed new and was poorly trained. Entrees came out way too soon, went back to the kitchen, returned to the table when salads were finished and they were overcooked, gloppy and 1 was misrepresented based on menu description. Reservation request for birthday dessert was ignored and when brought to the attention of the receptionist she said only "we were very busy" and gave me 2 pieces of chocolate. I went to this place because it's been a sure bet in the past but looks like quality assurance has gone by the wayside. Has the original owner sold out since he moved to NYC?
- Get another bartenderDougPVIPDined on 11/8/2014We got to the restaurant early so decided to have a drink at the bar. There were only a couple of people at the bar but the bartender was way at the other end of the bar making drinks for the waiters and talking to people down at that end. Finally after 10 minutes he took our order and then we didn't get our drinks for another 10 minutes. The waitress at our table was wonderful.
- Lunch on Sat.DocTHDined on 11/8/2014We always use Chef Geoff's for our quarterly meetings of our former colleagues. Some come from as far away as NYC. Never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great FoodEllieDined on 11/7/2014My partner and I really enjoyed the good. It was a good dining experience. I loved the spinach salad with goat cheese and roasted pecans. The dessert was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/7/2014For many years have gone to Chef Geoff on New Mexico Avenue. We keep going back because of service, food and upbeat atmosphere. We just had a business lunch at the Rockville location. Did not meet the standard we came to expect of Chef Geoff. Service was average at best. Waiter did not listen, for example, we said we would like coffee. He did not go around the table asking each person what they would like. Left after two people told what they wanted. Ran off before the others could order coffee. Had to ask several time how one person wanted their steak done. Did not listen the first time.
- Excellent Food & ServiceLarryVIPDined on 11/5/2014We were very pleased with our dinners and the service we received. Chef Geoff's is always our choice when we are in the Rockville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and terrific foodChrizVIPDined on 11/3/2014Our server Benjamin was amazing. He was so friendly and knew the menu. Made incredible recommendations and had a great repoire with the table. The food portions were enormous and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine whinedirectorDined on 11/3/2014My book club regularly dines at Chef Geoff's on Mondays (of course it's 1/2 priced wine.) Why can't a waiter make sure that one bottle will serve 5 guests, even if each glass is not quite full. This is the second time a waiter left one guest's glass empty and suggested we get another bottle, which we did. Seems like a simple division problem to me.Special Features:
- DisappointedDiningmamaDined on 11/2/2014We have been to Chef Geoff's many time--one of our go to restaurants. But last Sunday night was a huge disappointment. Waiter was obviously new and not at all well trained. Had trouble taking our (4 diners) order. And when we received our food, a number of requests were forgotten. On top of that, the restaurant ran out of Diet Coke and Splenda!!! Hostess was aware of our situation and apologized for the "new" waiter. She also managed to dig up a few packets of Splenda. However, we would have appreciated some small gesture--a dessert for the table on the house--to indicate management's concern. This was NOT up to Chef Geoff's standards. Hope it was a one-time situation.
- Service was subpardoc1Dined on 11/2/2014Our experience is that the food is consistently very good and we eat there frequently. However, our service on this occasion (Nov. 1, 2014) was subpar. Specifically, my wife ordered coffee and no one came to offer refills. Each time (2 or 3times) we had to either flag down service or ask for coffee refills. Also, no one came around to refill my water glass when it was empty so it was never refilled. I trust this was an exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLoveTOLDined on 11/1/2014We really enjoyed the décor and the ambience of Chef Geoff's in Rockville. The noise level was significantly lower than that of the New Mexico Avenue location in D.C. The food was very good. My crab cake sandwich was a perfect portion and tasty (though a bit mushy). My husband's fish taco was good, but a little on the bland side. The wine list was great. We really enjoyed the chardonnay. Our French waiter was absolutely delightful and quite attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014This was my third visit to Chef Geoff's and I anticipated it would be as wonderful as my prior visits. The ambiance is great and the service very good; however, this time, my food choice left a lot to be desired. I ordered the Calmari as an appetizer which was very delectable - fresh and the accompanying sauces a nice complement, and the entree, the Steak Quesadilla. The word steak was used loosely as it looked and tasted like the thin sliced meat you get at a diner on a steak and cheese sub. It was very substandard and tasteless and there was hardly any cheese and other vegetables in that large tortilla. I had expected chunks of a sirloin and a very tasty dish. Very disappointing. I will come back but I won't order that dish again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 10/30/2014Continues to handle seafood with great care and excellence. Service is one of the best in the area with knowledgeable servers who always make you feel at home.Special Features:
- Great place for a family mealfoodiesisterDined on 10/30/2014There were seven of us at a round table perfectly sized. Great layout to include everyone in the conversation. Everyone's meals were great (and I tasted!) except mine... the fish tacos were blah. and they came with a huge pile of plaintain chips. Shame on me for not noticing that on the menu, if it was there, but I would have much rather had a salad with my fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLarryVIPDined on 10/30/2014We were very pleased with the salad and the burger. Service was friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing, food declinedLeslVIPDined on 10/28/2014Very disappointing meal, not up to previous quality.
- Good appetizers, so-so main courseMargaritaDined on 10/25/2014The cocktail I had was so refreshing -- spa nectar, with vodka, cucumber, ginger and mint -- and the calamari was crunchy and delicious, as was the guacamole with sweet plantain chips. However, the cioppino -- tomato broth with seafood -- needed more seasoning and it was all piled on top of the grilled sourdough which made the bread so soggy as to be inedible. Service was confusing, with our original waiter disappearing, with another waiter taking over, and then the original waiter suddenly reappeared, and then the second waiter finally took over completely, all with no explanation.Special Features:
- Enjoy YourselfReady4twoDined on 10/24/2014This used to be the Houston's spot on the Pike. Chef Geoff's has been a great and welcomed addition to the Pike. I have never had a bad experience with service, food or seating with any of my visits, whether a party of two or a party of ten. The food selection is great and the "Chef" truly deserves applause for the selection of entrees not to mention the desserts. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Another Great LunchShellDined on 10/22/2014Our office comes here for lunch and happy hour quite often. We are never disappointed with the food or service. Great place for a business lunch or time away with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Three friends met at Chef Geoff's Monday evening to catch-up. It was also 1/2 price bottle of wine night! We had a wonderful visit, great food & wine, great service and a very leisurely visit. I would highly recommend Chef Geoff's to anyone looking for a nice dinner, moderately priced, with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGyank23Dined on 10/20/2014Chef Geoff supporter, however tonite VERY DISAPPOINTING. Service very slow_disjointed. Menu limited_ No specials mentioned when they were available from listening to other wait servers. No recognition of special occasion. NOT MEMORABLE - Hesitant to returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- New choiceprestoVIPDined on 10/20/2014First visit to this location was a pleasant experience. Staff was very professional. Lunch was served promptly.Special Features:
- Superb Service and FoodLarryVIPDined on 10/20/2014My two colleagues and I were very pleased with our lunch selections, entrees and appetizers, and the service. We were impressed with the warm welcome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & CocktailsLarryVIPDined on 10/19/2014We made a shared meal from a big salad, several appetizers and a pizza; it was all very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburban brunchCMuciusVIPDined on 10/19/2014A bit pricey, decent food, so-so menu (for my taste), good service.
- Very responsive staffFanofculinaryartsVIPDined on 10/18/2014When we were seated, the wait person serving our area was occupied by a large group spread over three or four tables. One of the management team, not exactly sure of her regular responsibilities, came to our table, explained the situation and became our defacto server for the evening. Well handled, no fuss. Food was good, as always, and the service enjoyable. All in all, a good evening, making it easy to recommend Chef Geoff's (Rockville) to friends.Special Features:
- MarvinVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great service from greeting staff to servers to kitchen. Wonderful handling of rib eye steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Seasonal MenustinkyDined on 10/16/2014The pan roasted chicken breast was delicious. The accompanying roasted vegetable combination, especially the autumn squash, was outstanding and imparted a rich flavor. The salmon with lentils, Brussels sprouts, and bacon-apple sauce was also well received.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Food service was slow from the kitchen--not the server's fault. EverythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayRScheir01VIPDined on 10/14/2014It was okay but nothing spectacular or noteworthy.Special Features:
- Local Favoritedrf828Dined on 10/12/2014This restaurant is my go to when friends are visiting from out of town. It's close to the house, the food is good and they have an excellent wine list and bar scene. I recommend highly.Special Features:
- lodgeuserDined on 10/11/2014Our last dining experience there was a disappointment and I wouldn't return to Cheff Geoff's.
- Nice placeBobhasanopinionDined on 10/10/2014We liked the facility, the menu, and the service. We especially liked that we got out of there for right at $100 plus tip (but we had no alcohol) for five hungry adults. We got seated fast, served fast, all with a smile. Very good place just a little short of fantastic. We would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner With FriendsJaxonDined on 10/6/2014Four of us met at the restaurant to acknowledge a birthday. The place was not very busy on a Monday night, but filled up as the evening progressed. We sat in a comfortable booth and received frequent attention from the wait staff. Seasonal menu was diverse without being too busy. Cocktails were good and creative, especially those new for the fall season. Our waiter was very attentive and prompt. Food was very good. We enjoyed the Plantain and Guacamole. Entrees: burgers, pasta and fish dishes. Everyone was more than satisfied with their order ... preparation, portion size and presentation. We passed on dessert. Only glitch was we informed the restaurant through Open Table of the birthday but it was ignored or didn't register.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another excellent mealneurodrewDined on 10/5/2014Impressive beer and wine list, creative and fresh food, we have been to Chef Geoff's at least 3 times with satisfaction each time. The service seemed a bit slow on Sunday, as though the restaurant was understaffedSpecial Features:
- delightful dinnerninaDined on 10/4/2014The trout was an incredible taste treat. I love when lots of different flavors are well married in a dish, making a taste sensation - party in my mouth. The manager is a gem - Stephanie. Truly a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good for Working LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I recently met a colleague for a "working" lunch at the Rockville location. The spacing between tables was just right for having a work-related conversation. The food was good and the service was excellent. We will use this restaurant location again for future meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.