Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
3201 New Mexico Avenue
Washington, DC 20016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 2022377800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jerome Sharpe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Think of a reason to party and we can make it happen. Whether a small seated event or a large cocktail reception, we can accommodate groups of all sizes. Our private dining room has its own bar and seats 65. Our patio offers unique outdoor space for entertaining groups up to 200 in the spring, summer, and fall. Please contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and details.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: Chef Geoff's hosts a variety of wine dinners, beer dinners, an annual Oktoberfest, and more. We can offer the perfect venue for either personal or corporate entertaining, and accommodate groups of all sizes. For more private party information contact our events team at 202.706.7326 or email our Event Director Amy Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our newsletter at www.chefgeoff.com.
A word from Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
Come enjoy our Contemporary American Cuisine, casual sophistication, and generous hospitality! For over ten years we have been the quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Washington DC. Chef Geoff’s offers everything from fresh day boat scallops, seared tuna and steaks to great burgers, pizza pies, salads and sandwiches in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Chef Geoff's also features some of DC's best outdoor dining. Enjoy our phenomenal happy hour specials like 1/2 Price CG Burgers and $8.95 Pizzas or celebrate Half Price Wine Night every Monday. Enjoy Sunday Brunch with classics like Eggs Chesapeake or Steak and Eggs. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.) reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (171)great for outdoor dining (166)great for brunch (105)great for lunch (97)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (66)kid-friendly (57)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (21)hot spot (19)romantic (17)scenic view (9)late-night find (9)Show More
- I prefer outside dining thereArlingtongalDined on 8/17/2014The noise level is moderate outside, but energetic inside.Special Features:
- Joe1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Service was slow this evening, but it was clearly a busier night than most Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service; Okay FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014The waiter was attentive and diligently sent our special orders to the kitchen. The kitchen did not respond to our special orders. The waiter had the kitchen redo one of the orders. My wife let the second botched order slide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Good outdoor seating, good service and food - reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- Generally very goodKarenLRDined on 8/17/2014This is a standby place that is comfortable and good. I think the night vibe is different (more vibrant), but I usually come for brunch or lunch with my mother (who loves the place and is always treated very nicely). My food this past time was disappointing, but it wasn't bad -- just bland. I had the breakfast burritto, which not only seemed to lack the chorizo (like there was none), but it lacked any kind of flavor or spice. Nothing bad -- just not very good. This place is generally better -- and the service did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we were hoping forsmarcDined on 8/16/2014Food was very good, prices were reasonable and our waitress was cheerful and helpful. My only complaint was that, even with a reservation, we were seated in a back room that had no ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plea for less noiseAuntieMDined on 8/15/2014Our dining experiences at Chef Geoff's have overall been very positive - a varied menu, well-prepared food, good service, and a nice wine list. The only negative has been the sound level in the main dining room. It may be termed "energetic" in the survey, but for aging "boomers" with some hearing challenges it creates a less relaxing ambiance. The exception to that was once when, because a rain storm closed the patio, the back dining room was opened up for regular restaurant seating. We wish it were available on a regular basis.Special Features:
- luncherVIPDined on 8/15/2014We love to go here to sit outside. Crab cake was all filler and very little crab. Server never ever refilled iced tea or water. But we keep coming back for the atmosphere....however, the food isn't as good as it used to be.Special Features:
- LOVE LOVE LOVE Chef Geoff'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014I had a wonderful experience revisiting the New Mexico Ave. location for Chef Geoff's. The food was fabulous - it was Restaurant Week, and we were all pleasantly surprised by the robust menu offered. We ended up taking advantage of the Restaurant Week menu, and all of our dinners were great! We sat outside - weather was perfect, ambience even better. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014My lunch partner went to the other Chef Geoff's so was an hour late arriving. The wait staff were so kind to me even though the restaurant was packed. They never huffed or puffed or made me feel like I was taking up a valuable table. When we were finally ready we had good service and enjoyed our 3-course restaurant week dining. I had the kale salad, tuna burger, and mixed berries. All were fresh, well prepared, and very tasty! It was my first dining experience here and I will bring more people back with me - I will just make sure they know at which restaurant we are dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularHomerJDined on 8/12/2014A summer rainstorm passed through an hour before we went for dinner. The early evening sun broke through, and they opened the patio and dried off the tables and chairs. A gentle breeze made it even more pleasant. Service was friendly and attentive. My crabcake appetizer was exceeded only by my partner's choice of artichoke. The entrees were spectacular. Prices are fair, and this is absolutely a neighborhood gem. The patio is also dog friendly, much to a joy of a little black schipperke, who serenaded us during dinner.Special Features:
- Noise level good outdoorsSabrina2Dined on 8/11/2014Inside it is impossible to hear or talk. Do not go if you plan to eat inside unless it is 3 pm. Food is good, service excellent if you get there early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shocking.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014the bus staff were flipping over place mats rather than cleaning or replacing them and brushing crumbs off the table with their hands. One bus staff person put someone else's dirty class on our table while he filled the water glasses of another table. Their uniforms were dirty with obvious food stains. Our food came out late and it was not the food we had ordered. the second attempt took even longer. Management made appropriate adjustments to our check but it was not a fun night out.
- Decent American food, great serviceJAWNPSVIPDined on 8/10/2014The service is consistently good. The food is slightly above average American fare. I give it 4 stars because everyone should be able to find something on the menu to eat (gluten free, vegetarians, etc.) which I like. And it's close to my home so it's easy to meet friends, etc. Also there's a lot of outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!southernfoodiesVIPDined on 8/9/2014This place never really disappoints. We went in for a light Saturday evening meal and sat outside in the lovely courtyard out front. My husband had a hamburger which was very good, and I had the caesar salad with the grilled chicken breast. The chicken was lightly grilled with a wonderful flavor and lots of freshly cracked black pepper. The service is always efficient and friendly here, and it is one of our favorite outdoor places in which to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Special a great dealBigeaterVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our group of 4 (plus toddler) enjoyed the Sunset Special, a three-course dinner at a bargain price. Toddler had a kid's pizza, which was enormous. A great place for an early dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing meal & serviceSpaGirl54VIPDined on 8/1/2014I've eaten at both Cheg Geoff locations several times and this is the first time it was a disappointing experience. The service was off, meal slow to come out, never got our bread or water refilled. The meal itself was fine, nothing special. Fish Tacos were good, veal milanese was ok. I'm a loyal customer, I'll go back and hope this doesn't happen again.Special Features:
- Fine Neighborhood ResourceFineNWResourceDined on 8/1/2014Years' pleasures here stay constant. Calamari, other foods reliably very good. Seating locations in/out comfortable, pleasant. Special deal - evening burgers.Special Features:
- generally good mealnicknameVIPDined on 7/27/2014WE enjoyed a good dinner. Some menue items are better than others so you need to order wisely. Pre-6:30 pm dinner special is a good bargain. We go often.Special Features:
- OverratedDCnBack2VIPDined on 7/26/2014I live in the neighborhood and for the price, I just cant do it anymore. I am consistently disappointed by the food and the service. In this case location is the only advantage. I'd rather go out of the neighborhood than give them a 7th or 8th chance.
- The Perfect Sunday Supper SpothappyDined on 7/20/2014The place has a casual, but polished ambiance. It's upbeat. The food's good. Pleasant crowd. Off-street parking. Good mix of ages and, during the AU school year, there are students and families from everywhere. Service always reflects good training. Menu always is interesting. I look forward to Sunday nights there.Special Features:
- service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/15/2014food was excellent but the server ignored the party informed managementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Glover ParkWW2OTVIPDined on 7/15/2014Another great meal at Chef Geoff's New Mexico Ave. location. I love the charm of this location (I typically dine at their Tyson's Corner location). The food was great as usual and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- BrunchIzzyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Well,Chef Geoff's is a FAVE!! Every time we go there for brunch it is relaxing and the food is absolutely delicious. As it becomes busier it can be a little loud,but to me that is part of it's charm-it's lively!! It is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7/12/14 Chef Geoff's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Meal was good. Service was not. When I arrived, minutes after my friend, already seated, our waitress asked if I wanted a drink. I told her i did not, yet she 2ce more interrupted our animated conversation for a drink order. We had just buried our heads in the menus when she came by to try to take our order, paying zero attention to whether we looked ready to order. She forgot to bring bread. We were still sharing a delicious grilled artichoke when our entries arrived. The clincher was tea. I asked re herbal teas. She admitted she was new, went to check, & reported back: black tea, green tea and "herb tea." I politely noted that black & green had caffeine & asked her to ck again; she returned, clutching one camomile tea bag in her hand.
- ndrobDined on 7/11/2014The food and the service were great as always. Will definitely keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rate for casual diningBigeaterVIPDined on 7/7/2014As always, Chef Goeff's was perfect for casual dining. Good food and service, at reasonable prices. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Service was poor and even though the restraunte was only 1/4 fullSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Waitress needs more training. Her timing was not really in sync with us. Food was goodSpecial Features:
- Dissapointednew2dcDined on 6/25/2014I am relatively new to the area and work down the street. I had a quest speaker speak at an evening class and wanted to take him to a nice dinner to thank him. Everyone highly recommended Chef Geoffs so I thought I would give it a try. While the restaurant was charming, the service was slow, the food was ok, and everything was extremely overpriced. Would not recommend unless you like paying a lot for mediocre food.
- great patio diningdennyDined on 6/24/2014The Sunset Special is a great deal. Now that the landscaping has grown, the patio is wonderfully cozy and secluded.Special Features:
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Our servers were more focused on watching the world cup than filling our drinks and getting our order out. We repeatedly had to ask for our server to come to our table. I've dined at the Pennsylvania Ave Chef Geoff's and enjoyed it very much, but, I will not be coming back to dine at this specific location.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantNYLOVERVIPDined on 6/22/2014We enjoyed Sunday brunch in the outdoor cafe of the New Mexico location. It was lovely sitting there and the food was great, as usual. We will certainly be back many times again.Special Features:
- Consistent good food, good serviceDCeaterVIPDined on 6/20/2014Had a lovely time last Friday evening with a party of four. The host was absolutely phenomenal in going out of his way to update us on our table (we had requested patio seating and only had to wait five minutes for the table, but he kept checking in on us to make sure we were ok). Our waiter was also super - very knowledgeable on the menu and just the right amount of interaction. We've had a good meal here many times and it is always nice to see consistent good food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLovetodineDined on 6/20/2014The food and ambiance were great! I loved that it was close to American. We lost our parking ticket and the staff was very accommodating. We loved the tuna soba noodle dish & fish tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably just a bad serverCCBCDined on 6/15/2014For the first time in a long time, we left disappointed. It took 10 minutes for the waitress to come when we first sat down. Then we waited for every step thereafter. The food was decent, but not to the level that we usually experience here. Hopefully, it was just the waitress and not a larger trend.
- Will be going back again and againKellieGDined on 6/15/2014Great first time visit. Was doing a test run for a private event we will host there in September. Was not disappointed. The food was outstanding - and very generous portions. The beignet's were delicious. Summer Sangria was a great refresher to the delicious food. Was not disappointed in the crab benedict. Can't wait to share this find with my friends in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun brunchneighborDined on 6/15/2014Food was very good and the setting wonderful on a lovely summer day. It was a family occasion, and the outdoor space was perfect for our little granddaughter to run around on the patio (outside the dining area) when she got tired of sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchBoscoramaVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had terrific service on a very busy Friday and a very tasty lunch. The food is always excellent and they will accommodate my dietary needs. I did note in my Open Table reservation that it was a business lunch and timeliness of getting in and out were important to me. The waiter we had was awesome.Special Features:
- Great food and service!DCfoodieDined on 6/11/2014My dining experience at Chef Geoff's was fantastic! Caleb R, our server, really made the evening special by offering helpful suggestions and being so very attentive. Our questions were always answered, and our glasses were never empty. For service alone, I would recommend Chef Geoff's. In addition, the food was also spectacular, and I will be returning to try more of the entrees. Finally, though the weather was taking a turn for the worse, the outdoor, patio area served as a delightful dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.