Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
3201 New Mexico Avenue
Washington, DC 20016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 2022377800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jerome Sharpe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Think of a reason to party and we can make it happen. Whether a small seated event or a large cocktail reception, we can accommodate groups of all sizes. Our private dining room has its own bar and seats 65. Our patio offers unique outdoor space for entertaining groups up to 200 in the spring, summer, and fall. Please contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org for menus and details.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: Chef Geoff's hosts a variety of wine dinners, beer dinners, an annual Oktoberfest, and more. We can offer the perfect venue for either personal or corporate entertaining, and accommodate groups of all sizes. For more private party information contact our events team at 202.706.7326 or email our Event Director Amy Foster at email@example.com.
Sign up for our newsletter at www.chefgeoff.com.
A word from Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
Come enjoy our Contemporary American Cuisine, casual sophistication, and generous hospitality! For over ten years we have been the quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Washington DC. Chef Geoff’s offers everything from fresh day boat scallops, seared tuna and steaks to great burgers, pizza pies, salads and sandwiches in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Chef Geoff's also features some of DC's best outdoor dining. Enjoy our phenomenal happy hour specials like 1/2 Price CG Burgers and $8.95 Pizzas or celebrate Half Price Wine Night every Monday. Enjoy Sunday Brunch with classics like Eggs Chesapeake or Steak and Eggs. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.) reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (154)great for outdoor dining (141)great for lunch (87)fit for foodies (75)great for brunch (73)good for groups (57)kid-friendly (56)vibrant bar scene (42)special occasion (38)notable wine list (23)hot spot (18)romantic (15)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- wunnerfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014great food, wonderful service, nice atmosphere and very friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Excellent as alwaysAndreagpnVIPDined on 10/19/2014Always a great go to place for reliably good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- DeliciousTanner20Dined on 10/18/2014This was the best meal I had in a long time. I had the penne pasta with sausage dish. It was the best dish of this kind that I have had recently. The hangar steak was cooked perfectly as I has the chance to taste that as well. The wine list was excellent and the coffee was very good as well. From start to finish this was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after work meeting placefrankie64Dined on 10/17/2014Reliable and tasty place to meet up with a group of friends. A little noisy, but the menu is good and the appetizers are varied and tasty. Our waiter was super young but excellent. Overall a great, reliable place, would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Every TimeFixoDined on 10/16/2014Our daughter is a Senior at American University and over the last four years we've been frequent visitors at Chef Geoff's. Then food has always been terrific and the same goes for the service. Restaurant management clearly is focused on quality because this place seems to be in a continuous improvement loop. We haven't seen and big menu shakeups, rather new items get introduced and less popular ones fade away. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. The beer menu is awesome--and our waiter was very knowledgeable--provided great recommendations! Although my daughter will graduate soon, I'm sure we will find some way of returning to Chef Geoff's!Special Features:
- We had a good timePaulDined on 10/12/2014We made our reservations using OpenTable. We had to update them twice within an hour of our reservation. (The OpenTable mobile app is great.) They had the updated reservation in the computer when we got there. We were seated immediately. The service was fast. The restaurant was not as full as it usually is so it was relatively quiet. The fried calamari, curry chicken, scallops, and lemon tart we ordered were outstanding. This was exactly what we were hoping for when we made our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jojoVIPDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful food; great service. A little loud as there were many children there for Sunday brunch. Too bad parents can't control their kids, but not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:
- Tasty meals had by allsslambieDined on 10/11/2014Our group of 9 enjoyed dinner at Chef Geoff's last night. We had pasta, burgers, tuna tartare, scallops and steak, among other dishes. The service was pretty uneven, though, with a long wait between appetizers and main course. Then another long wait between ordering dessert and seeing it on the table. We weren't in a rush, so it was fine. Everyone was pleased with their dishes, both adults and kids. If I could make one suggestion it would be to liven up the dessert menu.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch no jazzOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The guitarist was "too expensive" we were told. Without the live music the place was just ordimsrySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Outstanding fried green tomato BLT at an outside table on a gorgeous daySpecial Features:
- Not so gooddarkandloudDined on 10/3/2014The food was tasty and the service was good. BUT, the light level at our table was terrible; two guest had to use a flashlight to view the menu. Comments to what seemed liked managers about the lighting got brushed off. The place was full and quiet noisy. Ball game on TV was part of the problem; temporary due to playoffs by Nationals! Overall the ambience was not conducive to fine dinning or the ability to have a conversation.
- The bestBillieJoVIPDined on 10/3/2014This place continues to amaze me. Business events, quiet dinner for two - everything is perfect. Parking near; creative and delicious menu which constantly changes to peak your interest. Great service which sees your reason and adjusts timing accordingly. Wish we had one in Gainesville VA.Special Features:
- Lunch Al FrescoChinaVIPDined on 9/26/2014A beautiful autumn day to eat outdoors. Very good burgers and crab cake sandwich. Excellent service. A favorite spot for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service and delicious foodBoscoramaVIPDined on 9/26/2014We ate outside and enjoyed a beautiful day. Our server was attentive and was able to accommodate my dietary preferences. We were joined by a wasp from time to time, as we head into fall.
- All enjoyed a pleasant mealBebopVIPDined on 9/24/2014There's nothing that will wow you, but each meal was well prepared, well presented and enjoyed. Reliable and tasty.Special Features:
- Great spot near American UniversityFixoDined on 9/19/2014We've dined here a number of times,usually taking advantage of the "Sunset Special" which includes an appetizer, main course and dessert (limited selections) for a reasonable price < $25... The food is great as is the atmosphere. Usually the service is terrific, but this time it was fairly slow and inattentive. This was the first time we ate outside, so maybe that is the difference. Previous visits we had impeccable service, so I will consider this visit an outlier. Although the Sunset Special used to be a great deal, they have recently increased the price which in my view makes it less attractive. In the future I will likely just go for the entree and pass on the appetizer and dessert which I don't usually have anyhow.Special Features:
- DgrellbvVIPDined on 9/18/2014Beautiful afternoon on deck, good food, great service.
- Always perfectBillieJoVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great space to know that everything will be perfect - great Bacon Bar - great serviceSpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchkingbVIPDined on 9/14/2014Chef Geoff's Sunday Brunch is about the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mistake on the orderFLCarolVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is the first time we have ever, after 20 or 30 times, had a mistake on the delivery of an order. When we pointed it out, they first tried to fix it by keeping food hot in the kitchen. The sauce congealed and the food didn't stay hot, so we complained, and they re-made the dishes. They couldn't have been nicer. They also offered free dessert and coffee. We were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our neighborhood go-toBrandy12Dined on 9/12/2014Good food, has really improved since the days we used to take kids here. A little loud especially by the bar. Had our book group here-had to wait for a while despite reservations but once we sat down our server was lovely and food was good-no complaints from group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues GoodEatitallDined on 9/10/2014Nice spot, interesting menu. Honored reservation, immediate seating, service attentive. Good evening overall plus convenient parking.Special Features:
- Disappointing...8outVADined on 9/6/2014Drinks were good. Service was fine. The great disappointment was the food. My husband had tomato watermelon gazpacho which was bland and too sweet, followed by shrimp and grits (nearly $30.00). For that price, the dish should have soared. Instead, it collapsed under the weight of too many ingredients piled on a mountain of soggy grits. My salad was over-dressed with vinegary dressing, and too peppery. The worst dish was my crab cakes. Since crab cakes are listed in 3 places on the menu, I thought they ought to be decent. Although advertised as lump crab, there was nary a lump to be found - just shredded crab with lots of filler and no taste. If you are going to spend this much money, there are far better places to go than Chef Geoff's.
- YummyCsealsVIPDined on 9/6/2014We brought our daughter and some of her college friends for a fun and festive meal. Everyone enjoyed their entres and we would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done New American CuisineBennett5115Dined on 9/3/2014Nice wine list. The Bacon Bar menu was fun. The shrimp and grits were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly good lunchMorrVIPDined on 9/1/2014Lamb kofta with hot pita and onions and feta and couscous..and whatever it is that I might have left out! generous proportion of berries and mascarpone. Iced Coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureSplinkyVIPDined on 8/31/2014We return to Chef Geoff's regularly because the staff are welcoming, the service is consistently solid and the food is great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Lovely dining and friendly wait staff. She must have been quite busy as it took a long time to get a drink order through. The venue could use some air conditioning. Lovely food and very nice ambience. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2014There were so many great choices for dinner we all had a difficult time picking our order.
- DiappointedLesTVIPDined on 8/24/2014I have eaten here many times before and enjoyed both the food and the service. However, tonight I experienced perhaps the poorest and most irritating service I have ever experienced in any restaurant. (If I have received worse service before, I have mercifully forgotten it.) There was a very long wait (15+ minutes) after we were seated until someone noticed us and brought a menu. We asked for bread and butter. It was very slow in coming - did not arrive until after we had our entrees. We had to prod the wait staff to provide dessert. Finally the most irritating thing, with every delivery being slow, we had to repeatedly defend our meals against staff who wanted to take our plates away before we were finished.Special Features:
- CE20016Dined on 8/23/2014This is a pleasant neighborhood restaurant with a nice terrace for outdoor dinning, and a history of fine, but not spectacular, food. Good news: the food seems to be improving based on our most recent dinner.Special Features:
- Great dinner!AUparentDined on 8/23/2014First time visitor and was very satisfied with the experience. The menu had a good selection of meats and pasta dishes and some veggie selections. Nice assortment of beers and wine. Bar was active with TVs showing pre season football. Well worth the visit and I would definitely come here again in the futureSpecial Features:
- Great for all eatersbeekVIPDined on 8/22/2014I chose the restaurant because it has an extensive gluten-free menu, and one in our party had a gluten allergy. Also included in our group were two 12-year-old boys who can be picky eaters. The boys loved their steak frites and burger, and the gluten-free eater loved the beet salad and mussels (made gluten free by excluding the bread that normally comes with it). My risotto was great and the non-gluten free eaters enjoyed the plantain chips. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, including advising my friend about the items that could be made gluten free even if they weren't on the gluten free menu, and she also helped us select a couple of great cocktails. Everyone was pleased with the restaurant choice.Special Features:
- CarefulYUMMYTUMMYVIPDined on 8/22/2014Chef Geoff is an neighborhood restaurant with OK food and always spotty service.
- GoodCPAfoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Chef Geoff's is always good. I had the swordfish and brocolini. Although both were good, the chef overdid the amount of brocolini. I would have preferred less brocolini and add a starch. Also, we were there for evening dining and sat outside. While it was delightful, they really need to add lighting. We had to use a phone to read the menu and see our food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindDanjenpDined on 8/22/2014Found via help as we were only in DC area for 1 night. Truffle popcorn to start was a unique way to start our experience but well worth it. We stuck to pizza and burgers for the most part but all were extremely tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kingbVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food is always excellent. Noise level is quiet in the patio, indoors, not so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I prefer outside dining thereArlingtongalDined on 8/17/2014The noise level is moderate outside, but energetic inside.Special Features:
- Joe1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Service was slow this evening, but it was clearly a busier night than most Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service; Okay FoodoldmanDined on 8/17/2014The waiter was attentive and diligently sent our special orders to the kitchen. The kitchen did not respond to our special orders. The waiter had the kitchen redo one of the orders. My wife let the second botched order slide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.