2409 N. Hudson
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cheeverscafe.com/
- Phone: 4055257007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cheevers provides catering for groups or private parties and will coordinate any type of event from weddings, rehearsal dinners, business events or private in-home dinners. www.cheeverscatering.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for dinner parties; one will accommodate up to 15 people & the other (which is the entire bar-area) will accommodate up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Henri Bailey 4055257007
A word from Cheever's Cafe
Cheever's Cafe, located just 2 miles from Downtown Oklahoma City, specializes in contemporary comfort food with Southwest influences. Cheever's serves a variety of prime steaks, fresh seafood and wonderful salads, as well as daily and nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cheever's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Cheever's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (207)neighborhood gem (196)fit for foodies (193)great for brunch (137)romantic (126)great for lunch (124)hot spot (76)great for outdoor dining (56)notable wine list (53)good for groups (47)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Must haveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Chicken fried steak was recommended and did not disappoint. Best I've had. Also, the calamari was one of a kind with a special twist and is also a must have. Great place. Great food. Great service. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarejVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dinner was good as always. One of our favorite places, but very warm there on Sunday eveningSpecial Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Our food was amazing! The service & atmosphere created a night to remember. Overall best dining experience I've had in OKC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and people watchingrbeatingtonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Visited from out of town based on Open Table reviews and was not disappointed. Unique restaurant in an old floral shop with the former flower coolers now deployed as a wine chiller. Food was very good, Southwestern-accented cuisine. I had some of the best grilled salmon ever which is saying something since it's difficult to find a NEW preparation for salmon, but this dish served with corn bread and white beans was excellent. One word of caution: the portions are HUGE.Special Features:
- RedWineDined on 8/30/2014Always a great choice!! Food, wine, and service just plain good!!!Special Features:
- Great SteaksCHKGEODined on 8/30/2014Had the filet and it was wonderful, it came with green beans and mashpotatoes. Cooked to perfection. Has to be one of the best steakhouses in OKC. Had the roasted pecan icecream ball for desert and it was out of this world delicous big enough for 4 hungry people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We booked brunch for 4 last Saturday and enjoyed it very much. The food is excellent, had some favorites on the menu like buscuits and gravy, but also specialty items such as seafood sweet potato tamale-outstanding! The service was attentive and under-stated. We will definitely return and recommend!Special Features:
- Food is always greatYummy1Dined on 8/29/2014Consistently great food! There are always great and exciting specials. Awesome desserts too! Carrot Cake, best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmm mmm good!NikkiDined on 8/27/2014Made a reservation with co-workers based upon a recommendation. Excellent choice. My tilapia was exquisite and the ice cream ball to top it off was amazing. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Great place, great food, great service and affordable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!DinnerwithfriendsDined on 8/25/2014This is my go-to restaurant for special occasions and work related entertaining. Consistently a great restaurant experience!Special Features:
- Birthday Bestcoffeegirl7Dined on 8/24/2014We always go to Cheever's for birthdays. Not only is the food fantastic, but we get to share a huge slice of free carrot cake - it's unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greatdarcy614Dined on 8/24/2014Cheever's is always so good. The staple menu is fantastic and the specials are even better. The only complaint that I ever have is that the tables are so close together. It can feel very cramped if you dine when it is full. However, the food and the staff make it totally worth it. We try to do a girlfriend's brunch there about once a month.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to Cheever's for a very long time------always enjoyable,my daughter lives in the Dallas area, and she deems this the best. When my husband was alive, this was his most favorite place. Service is great, well trained staff, my go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBobdesuDined on 8/22/2014A great lunch spot for business. Generally reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMicmatDined on 8/21/2014The food was great as usual, but the table seems extra small this visit. And the noise level was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- workday lunchdiner2Dined on 8/21/2014good service, excellent food, nice ambiance, recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Busy Dinner EveningYumYum1VIPDined on 8/19/2014I dined at Cheevers with someone new to OKC. We had dinner to discuss some business. I booked a table for two for "private conversation". I saw two empty tables that met that requirement when I came and when we left. We had an awkward table between the front and back end of the restaurant. It was uncomfortable and awkward for business and dining. We discussed our business. I paid the bill and we left. Hosts should not assume that the customer/host is always a man. We live in the 21st century. This is the first time that I have been unhappy with Cheevers. This restaurant can certainly do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchAFR2014Dined on 8/18/2014This was the first time to use Open Table. All of my requests were fulfilled. What an easy process and the Cheever's staff followed up to confirm reservation. Lunch was yummy. Was concerned that the gentlemen dining with me were meat and potato guys, that they might not find the just right item but that was certainly not the case. Wait staff were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken fried SIRLION?SirLoinDined on 8/17/2014My chicken fried beef was tough as shoe leather, I was supplied with a steak knife but I still had trouble cutting it and chewing the meat was a chore!!! Everyone else's meals were good and the seasoning of my meal was good, but the chicken fry was terrible!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love CheeversOKCResturantDined on 8/16/2014Frequent Diner. Love their new cocktails and of course, chicken fried steak.Special Features:
- fan2beDined on 8/16/2014This was our 2nd time around, and there will be many more to come. The food was good and the service is great. The dinner rolls are out of this world. They have such a unique flavor. There was so much food i couldnt eat it all. Not complaining though.Special Features:
- Amazing food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Love this hole in the wall. We went for brunch and not only is the service impeccable but the food and atmosphere is equally as great. Go for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Drinks were served correctly and quickly, overall food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Perfect in Every WayKarenVIPDined on 8/14/2014Cheevers is one of our favorite OKC restaurants. The food, staff and atmosphere are always fabulous.Special Features:
- Amazing saladMichelle56VIPDined on 8/14/2014I highly recommend the kale and Brussels sprouts salad. It sounds too healthful to be good, but I assure you it's not!Special Features:
- Amazing experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We stepped out of our ordering comfort z,one and had cups, avocado and Brussels sprouts salads and of course ice cream ball for an extra treat. All that and an attentive personable server - couldn't ask for more!!!Special Features:
- Loved itckreyDined on 8/9/2014Cheevers never disappoints. Ambiance, food, wine selection, service. Yes, yes, yes, and yes.Special Features:
- Great food and great atmosphereluv2dineDined on 8/5/2014Alway great service. There is a great feel in the restaurant. It feels chic and classic at the same time and the special, the tenderloin burrito was delicious. The ice cream ball is alway such a decadent treat!Special Features:
- Fantastic!SuperfoodieDined on 8/3/2014The food was outstanding and gorgeously plated, the waitstaff was friendly and attentive without being intrusive, and the decor was tasteful and refined. I was especially impressed with the fact that they offered us free desserts because our entrees took "longer than we would like" to be brought out--mind you, we never complained to anyone about our wait time and in fact were not displeased at all. The one negative note I have is that the chairs are not at all comfortable and thus not conducive to a leisurely dining experience. Overall, it was a truly memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Trendy and FunOkieTravelGirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014When on a rare occasion I meet someone who says they have not been to Cheever's, I gasp in dismay. This is indeed an OKC gem. Eclectic crowd, trendy old-school vibe that can't be recreated in a new restaurant, the flavors are as eclectic and delightful as the clientele. What's not to love?Special Features:
- YUM.oklaterryDined on 8/2/2014Our table was waiting for us when we arrived. They even called early the afternoon of our reservation to verify we were still coming. We had a group of 8 so they gave us a private room. Service was wonderful. Food was great. Come, spend some time here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerThunderfanDined on 8/2/2014Went to Cheevers before going to concert. Our server was great. Offered a sample of wine we were not familiar with. Service was attentive and friendly. The fish special of grouper was delicious. The seafood tamales were great as usual.Special Features:
- FoodsnobVIPDined on 8/2/2014The Brussel sprouts were like trying to chew up plastic, the tortilla soup was so thick that it wasn't like eating soup and I found something foreign in it after I realized I could not chew it up. The blue cheese potato chips were very good as an appetizer. The strawberries & biscuits dessert was average (definitely not worth $8.00). The food at Cheevers is usually over the top but not this time.....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Every bite is delicious!!! Love the happy vibes… :)Special Features:
- Second time aroundcbredhDined on 7/31/2014I have eaten here twice and have had a great dinner each time. Reservation recommended as the dining area is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NunuDined on 7/28/2014Cheever's Cafe never fails to serve up delicious food and drinks. The dishes here offer unique spins on traditional dishes like shrimp and grits and chicken fried steak. I've tried most of the menu and everything is always delicious.Special Features:
- Impressed as always...OutoftownersDined on 7/28/2014Food and service was outstanding. Always pleased when dining at this place. Can't wait to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect placeEdselDined on 7/27/2014love this place great food and atmosphere I would recommend for that special occasionSpecial Features:
- Very Niceluv2eatDined on 7/26/2014This was not our first trip but it has been consistently good. The halibut and salmon were very good. This is a very nice place to spend an evening, we app reacted NOT being hurried.Special Features: